Wasians/Wannabe Asians.

Guest harako

Guest Tetra

What a revolution wannabe :lol:

Man...he's got some hardcore Maoist merchandise.

Where did he get them? O_O

asian wannabes will never be cool unless they have hardcore merchandise. And boba and pocky just isn't enough.

EDIT: Some are, some aren't. Like, when the father of taiwan took over jobs and all, most of the older generations were pissed off. They say 50% supported independence, while 50% supported reunification.

And there are mainlanders that don't like Mao either.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the Human Hosepipe

i totally agree. just listen to that black eyed peas song!!! fricking looking at lumps. >_<!!

just watching american tv sumtimes gets me pissed off as hell. ugh... tree hill. nuff said. -_-

this is why i like asian entertainment more. its more... simple? innocent?

altho some of hyoris mvs do look hella sexy. :crazy:

>_<!!! i dont got nuttin against the great wall!!! i just climbed it last week!!! :lol:

*ahem*.... but the mao tshirt is better. :rolleyes:

What chu gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside that trunk?

I'ma get get get get you drunk, get you love drunk off my hump.

My hump my hump, my hump my hump my hump.

My hump my hump my hump, my lovely little lumps.

Check it out.

:sweatingbullets:

Guest i heart victoria's secret

know a person that is a wannabe korean ^_^ ahha. she pissed me off cause she would befriend ALL these korean people & she lied saying she was full korean when she was full viet. ahha when i was talking with my guy friend that was so-so friends with her & said she wasn't even korean...he was so mad ^_^ haha cause she lied to him..

Guest MANGO☆MELON

Hmmm, interesting topic coming from a non-asian's perspective. Some things I agree with and some things I dont. Personally, I'm proud to be hispanic, however, I will say I find asian culter to be very interesting. But I dont think because I prefer asian dramas over spanish ones (or dear god, the american ones that go on for years), or some asian fashion over american fashion that I'm trying to be something else. I noticed that someone mentioned way earlier that a friend of theirs would complain because she was attracted to asian guys and they never nonticed her. Well in my opinion, even though some of you laughed, it wasn't very funny. She could very well be an attractive girl and of course it would be frustrating if the guys she liked weren't attracted to her. It's a very depressing thing really u_u . . . just giving my two cents.

Which is probably why you don't know much about american music?

IT SPELLS SEX. DEAL WITH IT. ANYONE WHO KNOWS AMERICAN MUSIC KNOWS.

Once again, your only talking about Hip hop, not everything else.

What about country? Pop? Rock??

Like I thought.

Whatever, I've been listening to american music all my life

But why would you listen to second-rate music that is obviously plagiarized from your favourite artists :fury:

You should go listen to some "real original non-sexual" music made by original artists that have much more creativity than lowly asians.

Now your saying every k-pop artist copies, you are saying it.

I listen more to those who have the appeal, but don't copy

for example YG family, Rain, FTTS, people like them

but I used to listen to Shinwah, when I heard that Brand New song , I was like "WTF, this sounds just like Crazy in love"

"Depth" sounds exactly like "1,2 step" there are so many more I can't even count.

Why are you saying that I am saying asians are low in music??

Do you see how much I defend them when people say "Oh asians will never succeed in america"

I have more faith in asian artists than alot of asians on soompi when it comes to the US market.

and no Tetra I have nothing against the Great Wall, I just don't like chinese music, only Lee hom

he has mad talent.

and asian entertainment more innocent??

Don't make me laugh, c'mon Tae7en?, Koda Kumi do you see her videos?, all those J-rock videos with there fanservice Pierrot, Dir en grey, any body see Gackts performances? Hyori knocks off Beyonce, girls be shakin there booties on stage just like in america, cuz I watched music bank every wednesday b4 my korean channel turned into a religiouse channel. Anyways b4 you say how innocent asian entertainment is compared to america, go check out the fanservice thread please.

Do not even go there with the innocent crap.

Asian entertainment is more innocent, that's why that k-rock band got butt naked on live television right?? :rolleyes:

People are making it seem like I have something against asians, no I don't, I'm just saying that they do things just like americans and no one is perfect.

Yall know I don't care I keep it real.

and about that BEP song, it's just a butt, it's not like they are singing about putting things up the butt

geez, get your heads out of the gutter.

Guest JF21©

Oh yeah that's pretty irritating. Stupidly the things you decribed is kinda true to me as I'm a bit of an Otaku... I'm chinese-Asian who justs wanna be Japanese. But I've toned down the Otaku-ness a lot now.

However it's kinda annoying when my teacher does it. She;'s caucasian and man she gets on my nerves. She's such a wasian that she moved to Japan for 4 years to marry a Japanese guy then come back here and decorate her classroom so it's in a traditional Japanese style... For real she even went as far as changing the classroom door to one of those sliding doors made out of wood and rice paper and changing the carpeted floor to those futton mats floor... O.o She loves randomly speaking in Japanese whilst teaching and wearing Japanese outfits to school. I mean fair enough you married a Japanese guy but come on, we all get it we don't need to feel as though we are in a some Japan temple or whatever. Ironically she teaches English... >.<

the fact that she teaches English is just too funny...why the heck doesnt she just teach Japanese so she wont have to '' accidentally'' start speaking it....and how the heck does she just slip into speaking a totally different language anyway?!is she talking to someone in Japanese? was she having a japanese conversation in her head? your teacher sounds very...um...weird.

That's funny cuz I can't even listen to chinese music, only lee hom and that's it.

Everything else :crazy:

Jolin's pretty good ;)

about all the ''sex drugs and alcohol'' involved in 'american' music...maybe you've never heard Amuro Namie's WANT ME WANT ME.....that song is very sexual...and there's no way you can say that Hyori doesnt use her sex appeal to sell records ( a la Britney Spears) Koda too...i'm also pretty sure there are 100s of underground artist who rap/sing/scream the same ''do me now'' type lyrics that their western counterparts are famous for...

maybe i'm missing something, but isnt it common knowledge that sex sells...in the US, UK , Asia, and anywhere else.... :rolleyes:

Guest Tetra

Now your saying every k-pop artist copies, you are saying it.

You disagree with me? :phew:

I listen more to those who have the appeal, but don't copy

for example YG family, Rain, FTTS, people like them

I beg to differ, I think they've had more than enough influences by your american music.

Why are you saying that I am saying asians are low in music??

Cause plagiarizing is a lowly act, is it not? :rolleyes:

Do you see how much I defend them when people say "Oh asians will never succeed in america"

If you haven't noticed, there are asian-american artists out there.

Dah_Joka made a thread for them as well. I didn't really pay much attention to it, but I counted more then 5. And since 10 to 20 is already "a lot", I suppose that makes sense?

I have more faith in asian artists than alot of asians on soompi when it comes to the US market.

How would you know that?

and no Tetra I have nothing against the Great Wall, I just don't like chinese music, only Lee hom

he has mad talent.

I wasn't even talking to you about the Great Wall :mellow:

and asian entertainment more innocent??

Compared to american music? Asian entertainment is a virgin in comparison.

And you only named 5! FIVE! You can substitute five black artists and you've already won.

Anyways b4 you say how innocent asian entertainment is compared to america, go check out the fanservice thread please.

Haha, yes, let us all refer to the BIASED THREAD for support B)

Asian entertainment is more innocent, that's why that k-rock band got butt naked on live television right?? :rolleyes:

So now ONE group does it, it represents all? :rolleyes:

Man, you know them american celebs...get all slutty and richard simmons...wearing nothing but fish-stockings...:phew:

People are making it seem like I have something against asians, no I don't, I'm just saying that they do things just like americans and no one is perfect.

I don't think any of us here have said "asians are perfect".

Guest the Human Hosepipe

So now ONE group does it, it represents all? :rolleyes:

Yeah... most of the asian artists mentioned here are like the few out of the hundreds that don't have sexually-charged lyrics.

Of course there's Hyolee, but then isn't she supposedly "the sexiest in Korea"? That's why she models for so many other products. >p

In American music, even the MELLOW artists have lyrics about sex.

I've mentioned that in an earlier post, but LucasBunny apparently hasn't read it.

The only type of music in america that DOESN'T involve sexual crap is either orchestra, religious, or techno. :mellow:

OMG What the hell?

Holy macarel this kid is a p-brain.

I used to think you were smart, first of all I said some "K-pop artists" plagerise american music.

Not all asian artists, I said nothing like that, I guess you think all asian artists are korean.

If you read before I said that Japanese music is very different from western music

so how am I talking about all asians?? :rolleyes:

Second of all I know that FTTS, Bi and YG are influenced by american music, I know that 4sure

but that's it! Influenced, there is a difference between influence and knocking off.

If you don't know that then :rolleyes:

and about asians in the US market, yes, alot of asian soompiers say "Oh no, they will never succeed, blah blah blah" and I tell them "You don't know that" I have argued so many times on that subject in the asians defense.

Asian music is a Virgin in comparison to american music???

.......... :mellow: okay what ever you say.

There are so many different types of asian music so you cant say that.

Anyway, now I know this discussion has ended, I can't argue with special ed students.

Guest the Human Hosepipe

Asian music is a Virgin in comparison to american music???

.......... :mellow: okay what ever you say.

Anyway, now I know this discussion has ended, I can't argue with special ed students.

PSH DUH BASICALLY.

AMERICA IS LIKE ONE OF THE MOST SINFUL PLACES LIKE ALKSJFLKASDJLF.

SEX SELLS EVERYTHING HERE.

DO YOU NOT GET IT?

Just because like 20 outta 100s of asian artists doesn't mean that their music is completely about humping each other! The people you even mentioned are those who stood out because of their different lyrics!

Arguing with the special ed? If there was you already did argue anyway... and I don't see you arguing with yourself. :mellow:

Guest Tetra

The only type of music in america that DOESN'T involve sexual crap is either orchestra, religious, or techno. :mellow:

Orchestra gives you audio orgasm :w00t:

What...if people can get off of moaning, then so can that!

I used to think you were smart, first of all I said some "K-pop artists" plagerise american music.

Not all asian artists, I said nothing like that, I guess you think all asian artists are korean.

I never said all. Don't assume just because I don't state a quantity.

If you read before I said that Japanese music is very different from western music

so how am I talking about all asians?? :rolleyes:

If japanese music is so different then HOW DID THEY COPY???

Second of all I know that FTTS, Bi and YG are influenced by american music, I know that 4sure

but that's it! Influenced, there is a difference between influence and knocking off.

If you don't know that then :rolleyes:

But you said japanese music was very different from american music, but you also said japanese "knock off" americans. "Damn girl get your facts straight".

and about asians in the US market, yes, alot of asian soompiers say "Oh no, they will never succeed, blah blah blah" and I tell them "You don't know that" I have argued so many times on that subject in the asians defense.

Your arguments are generally one-liners that don't mean much, or contradictions to previous arguments.

Name them.

Don't be a wasian :phew:

mann thats the most annoying thing ever.

like i know this one boy who loves like fweakin anime and stuff

and he was like oh yah i am asian like on his myspace said he is asian and all

the only reason they want to be asian most of them is because of anime -_- and i find that really annoying.

i really hope they learn more about their culture.

Guest ~Shelly~

Wow... heated argument...

Anyways odd how to me this seemed to turn into a topic of asian music and american and plagerism then the idea of Wasian people... ^.^

Guest xthefluffyonex

I don't like general wannabe's, especially asians who are wannabe blacks- I see them around the most. Wannabe asians ( I guess you can also call them otaku's)? I find them super annoying. Ironically, one of my best friends is an otaku. She eats with chopsticks, speaks random Japanese phrases, only watches anime and listens to asian music all the time (rare if she listens to american music), doesn't watch any American movies but once a Japanese-liek movie comes out she'll jump to it. Also she's black/part native american and says she has some asian in her. She also hates her background. When I use to hang around her a lot I couldn't stand it, but now since we don't hang out that often, it's alright. I, myself, am very interested in Asian culture, shows, food, and the fashion [mainly korean] but I don't think that makes me a wannabe. There are things I also don't like about the culture. I am interested in my own background too, which is Pakistani. I think a person would classify as a wannabe Asian if they completely ignore their own ethnicity and culture and just get absorbed into one culture and try to become something they are not. Learning about another culture is great but forgetting who you actually are and trying to become something you are not is just stupid.

Guest BendyStraw

Lucasbunny you really need to reread what you have posted before writing up another post. In one post you'll say one thing, the next you'll contradict yourself and make you look like more of an idiot than you've already displayed throughout these forums.

Guest nadhura

personally i dun think that's annoying, but wat do i know i am surrounded by pure asians and i dunno any wasian..but i think nowadays there a lot of people who aren;t japanese are obsessed abt japanese stuff..know wat i mean...doesn't mean they wanna be asian..

Archived