Wasians/Wannabe Asians.

Guest harako

Guest the Human Hosepipe

And jeez, America isn't like the homeland of every type of music or something! >___<

Maybe only like gangster rap and hip-hop. And country?...

BUTWHATEVER.

There are a gazillion types of genres. D:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tetra

No, obviously america is the homeland of all music because america is the largest music industry and almost everyone is influenced or directly copies it :rolleyes:

Which is why it's wrong to be wannabe asian, cause america is CLEARLY the better adversary with all their high-tech gadgets, lack of poverty, rich, rich country, freedom of speech, no discrimation whatsoever, etc.

Hey look, out-dated propaganda FTW. I don't know why my relatives think america is still the holy land of freedom o_O

Guest the Human Hosepipe

No, obviously america is the homeland of all music because america is the largest music industry and almost everyone is influenced or directly copies it :rolleyes:

Which is why it's wrong to be wannabe asian, cause you're in turn wannabe-american.

... D:

20characters?

Let me make a conclusion: asians are wannabe american because they're so cheap, they added C and J and K to pop, rock, and rap just to make their own style B)

Agreed?

What???

Putting words in my mouth.

Now J-rock, I say is uber unique, it sounds nothing like american music, doesnt copy..I can say that about alot of Japanese music that is why I am obsessed with it because it's different.

Now when I listened to the Trax :ph34r: omg I wanted to die,

first of all they sound to much like Linkin Park, second, the english they spoke in that song "Scorpion"

was just :blink: I was not happy.

But I'm not saying that they copy because of the way they label there music, it's the way it sounds

c'mon Tetra I know you know this, if you go to the k-pop section you will see that.

Jlim is way too similar too Alicia Keys, her music and style, everything is too similar.

That is one example.

but people sugarcoat it because she's asian

but if an american were to copy her they would be upset.

People complain about americans remaking there films, some, not all please read people

k-pop artists can plagerise american music and it's all fine and dandy right??

Oh that group Energy?? :o

they are the worst.

And jeez, America isn't like the homeland of every type of music or something! >___<

Maybe only like gangster rap and hip-hop. And country?...

BUTWHATEVER.

There are a gazillion types of genres. D:

See that's what I mean

I'm not saying it is, but Hip hop is very mainstream, but if an asian does hip hop people say

"So what"

but if an american tried to create there own anime it's like "No! they can't cuz they are not Japanese"

Some people don't even look at american animes because it's from america.

But if people did that to asian music and said "No I won't listen to it because it's not from america, or uk or blah blah" then it's wrong right??

Guest orange momo

People who are wannabe's are most likely insecure about thier own culture. I think intrest is alright.. but there are alot of people who take it to the extreme.

Guest the Human Hosepipe

What???

Now J-rock, I say is uber unique, it sounds nothing like american music, doesnt copy..I can say that about alot of Japanese music that is why I am obsessed with it because it's different.

first of all they sound to much like Linkin Park, second, the english they spoke in that song "Scorpion"

But I'm not saying that they copy because of the way they label there music, it's the way it sounds

c'mon Tetra I know you know this, if you go to the k-pop section you will see that.

Jlim is way too similar too Alicia Keys, her music and style, everything is too similar.

That is one example.

People complain about americans remaking there films, some, not all please read people

they are the worst.

I find most K-pop or any asian pop songs to be different from american ones.

Hello, the background music.

Most of the american pop is more of some guitar, drums, piano, etc.

K-pop has like techno-ish sounds, piano, orchestration, etc.

And most of it doesn't have to do with sex.

...And I still like Linkin Park. DX

What???

That is one example.

they are the worst.

See that's what I mean

I'm not saying it is, but Hip hop is very mainstream, but if an asian does hip hop people say

"So what"

but if an american tried to create there own anime it's like "No! they can't cuz they are not Japanese"

Some people don't even look at american animes because it's from america.

But if people did that to asian music and said "No I won't listen to it because it's not from america, or uk or blah blah" then it's wrong right??

Well it's because hip-hop is now universal. There's a hip hop in every language! D:

But for anime, JAPANIMATION, there's only one style that looks all the same FROM JAPAN.

America can't try to make their own JAPANIMATION/anime because they are simply NOT JAPANESE.

Neither do other countries. >P

^I strongly disagree.

Especially with K-pop, J-pop yes, C-pop I don't bother with it.

But I listen to alot of K-pop so I know.

and that last comment..was just dumb

because I know american people who have that style downpacked.

I'm not talking about "Japanimation" I mean "Anime"

but what about all those Korean animes....do they count as anime?

Guest Korean1111111

Which is why it's wrong to be wannabe asian, cause america is CLEARLY the better adversary with all their high-tech gadgets, lack of poverty, rich, rich country, freedom of speech, no discrimation whatsoever, etc.

Hey look, out-dated propaganda FTW. I don't know why my relatives think america is still the holy land of freedom o_O

Yes, a lot of artists not just in Asia but in South America and Europe has artists who follow popular American artists. I don't think it's wrong to be a wannabe asian because America is a better advversary. Lot of people try to be something else they are not. I think it is stupid of you to say " Why would anyone want to be Asian."

High-tech gadgets are actually more advanced in countries like Japan and South Korea. Lot of their high-tech gadgets they comes out with a year ahead. Yes, it's great that America had freedom of speech but their are still discrimation. I think we should stop arguing about this nonsence. We should just admitt it. You should admitt that lot of what America's music talks about is sex.

Guest the Human Hosepipe

^I strongly disagree.

Which is probably why you don't know much about american music?

IT SPELLS SEX. DEAL WITH IT. ANYONE WHO KNOWS AMERICAN MUSIC KNOWS.

Guest Tetra

But why would you listen to second-rate music that is obviously plagiarized from your favourite artists :fury:

You should go listen to some "real original non-sexual" music made by original artists that have much more creativity than lowly asians.

Guest Korean1111111

^I strongly disagree.

But why would you listen to second-rate music that is obviously plagiarized from your favourite artists :fury:

You should go listen to some "real original non-sexual" music made by original artists that have much more creativity than lowly asians.

Nicely said!!! :D

Guest BendyStraw

I'm all for embracing our culture but when people start saying they know more about asian culture than a true asian then there is something wrong. i cant stand the people who claim to be asian at heart. you should be proud of who you are not trying to be something youre not.

Also, arguing with Lucasbunny is a joke. She's the type of person who is an asian wannabe. they act like they know everything about our culture of every different kind of asian but when against the real thing, they fail miserably. When I said that American Dragon show was a joke and just stereo-typed asian culture she told me she knew asian culture better than me. HAH! ginseng and kung fu and MAGICAL FAIRIES! are all about asian culture, right Lucasbunny?

By the way, Lucasbunny you like J-rock? You know YOSHIKI of X-Japan? Yeah, he wrote and composed Scorpio. So ummm... that "linkin park-ish sound and english lyrics that you dislike, came from him. Maybe you should look up the info before dissing?

Anime is just the japanese abbreivation for animation. Anime is the foreign (outside of japan) term for overseas cartoons, yes say it with me now, cartoooooooooooooooooons, from japan. Japanimation is the foreign term for the japanese drawing style which many people even outside of japan draw like. koreans, americans, and ect copy this style but its still an animated cartoon anyways! @_@

Guest the Human Hosepipe

^I strongly disagree.

The point is, the "o.g." anime is taken from the word JAPANIMATION.

Everything that is drawn and moves are ANIMATIONS.

CARTOONS, ANIMES, WHATEVER.

But there's a style that differs Japan's cartoons from the rest!

D<

Guest astig

^I strongly disagree.

GET OVER IT.

YOU'RE ON AN ASIAN FORUM..PEOPLE HERE WILL LIKE ASIAN ENTERTAINMENT MORE THAN OTHERS

get that through your thick skull and stop complaining about inequality.

accept soompi for what it is and move on.

Guest superivystar

GET OVER IT.

YOU'RE ON AN ASIAN FORUM..PEOPLE HERE WILL LIKE ASIAN ENTERTAINMENT MORE THAN OTHERS

get that through your thick skull and stop complaining about inequality.

accept soompi for what it is and move on.

WORD. <_<

Guest Tetra

:o are you for real!?!!?! ewww >_<

i got the shirt that has a Mao quote about succeeding at the great wall.

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH IT D:

You have something against the great wall? >_____>

Every wannabe asian should have a picture of Mao on their wall and have a copy of the Red Bible!

They'll be like "mao ze dong is my father. He is great. He is one with us!"

Guest the Human Hosepipe

Every wannabe asian should have a picture of Mao on their wall and have a copy of the Red Bible!

D: I have a pin of Mao. He's... green.

It came with an Andy Warhol tote I got. *shotdown*

Which is probably why you don't know much about american music?

IT SPELLS SEX. DEAL WITH IT. ANYONE WHO KNOWS AMERICAN MUSIC KNOWS.

i totally agree. just listen to that black eyed peas song!!! fricking looking at lumps. >_<!!

just watching american tv sumtimes gets me pissed off as hell. ugh... tree hill. nuff said. -_-

this is why i like asian entertainment more. its more... simple? like boa?

altho some of hyoris mvs do look hella sexy. :crazy:

>_<!!! i dont got nuttin against the great wall!!! i just climbed it last week!!! :lol:

*ahem*.... but the mao tshirt is better. :rolleyes:

o yea!!!! my sisters BF is a total revolution memorabilia buff!!!

he has propaganda posters, propaganda pins, a "great supper" painting with maos figure as christ and his figure as all the disciples. o i even think he has one of the revolution armbands...

he even went to this revolution themed restaurant in beijing. and one of the items on the menu was twigs.

o_o. thats right... tree twigs. WTF? they were so poor and starving then, they seriously ate anything.

yea...hes Super Wasian!!

^kekeke... i thought u taiwanese ppl were against mao. :lol:

Archived