Vancouver Grads 06/07

wishless

Guest minwoo012

omfgosh! you're such a freakin dork xDDDD<33

LMAO NO PORTFOLIO<333

woot!!! finally the stupid government does something right.

Guest krackers

what about grad '09? lol i'm STARTING portfolio in september......

wait...saw the link

WHYYYYY i don't want to do it T.T

it's EXTRA homework that (i don't think) we don't need

Guest x__simply lost

What's the big dillio with the portfolios anyway? They were so easy/simple to finish!!!

no. have tou seen the criteria thing?

so much write up to do and you have to get the teachers to mark it and all.. i didn't get one of my aspects back until like end of the school year and i handed it in after spring break.

I have to 'reflect' and use some skills i never even heard of to solve problems.

the physical activity one is a pain. I can get my 80 hours done but the problem is I don't have any one to be my witness.

Guest ptoor

no. have tou seen the criteria thing?

so much write up to do and you have to get the teachers to mark it and all.. i didn't get one of my aspects back until like end of the school year and i handed it in after spring break.

I have to 'reflect' and use some skills i never even heard of to solve problems.

the physical activity one is a pain. I can get my 80 hours done but the problem is I don't have any one to be my witness.

Yeah I didn't find that stuff all that hard.

Mmm what volunteer stuff did you do? If you did some sort of daycamp related thing I could be your witness. I'm a volunteer coordinator/leader at my daycamp.

Guest tru__minute

T_T .. what about meee? .. *prays it'll be cancelled for all*

edit// here's an article from cknw

New Graduation Requirments Scrapped

Jul, 26 2006 - 2:10 PM

VANCOUVER/CKNW (AM 980) - The NPS’s education critic is blaming poor planning on the part of the Campbell government for a sudden change to high school graduation requirements.

David Cubberley is reacting to news the Ministry of Education has scrapped plans to make grade 12 students complete a so-called "graduation portfolio", just months after spending an extra 180-thousand dollars trying to promote the program.

Cubberley supports the goals of the program, which was supposed to encourage students to excel in non-traditional areas such as information technology and community service.

Guest x__simply lost

Yeah I didn't find that stuff all that hard.

Mmm what volunteer stuff did you do? If you did some sort of daycamp related thing I could be your witness. I'm a volunteer coordinator/leader at my daycamp.

no.. i already got my 2.1 done, which i volunteered for Big Brothers. The teacher who marked it put it in the wrong person's name so i flipped out on him < <, and for 4.1 one.. THAT one took for ever andi was at Adanac, they sent back their evaluation 2 weeks after i handed mine in.

er I meant the 80 hour thing was physical activity. I haven't had time to go out and finnish it due to the fact that everyone at work is going on vacation and i'm the only one left to be able to work -___-''

but i agree with the article tru_____minute posted. It was poorly planned, my planning teacher didn't have a clue what some of the things were talking about, i asked the portfolio person- his answer gave me a blank face... making me not hadning in any aspects for the last term.

Guest 1NFATUAT10N

i was so happy i almost cried when i found out on tuesday night. i want to BURN MY PORTFOLIO NOW. i've done 4 cores and 4 choices only my school was really disoraganized too. some school's are done like half of it. haha i feel bad for them.

Archived