[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

the girl who!

i really enjoyed this drama, of course for a Hong sisters drama the first episode was slow but granted the characters was just introduced and the accident plus exchange of souls couldn't be done carelessly. I'm sure future episodes will be full of laughing-out-loud funny moments.

and about the actors i loved Shin Won Ho as Kyung Joon he definitely shined the most in this first episode and i feel sad to know that he's not going to appear as much after today.
Lee Min Jung's character Gil Da Ran was a little childish for a HS teacher imo lol but somehow i like her weirdness and perhaps they wrote her like that so it wouldn't be awkward the interaction with Kyung Joon.
Gong Yoo as Dr. Yoon Jae and Kyung Joon we didn't get to see that much of the doctor but his emotional flashback scene as Kyung Joon was heartbreaking and i trust Gong Yoo to deliver funny and heartfelt moments in this drama.

i can't wait to watch Suzy in the next episode, i only saw her in Dream High and she was so cute.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going crazy thinking about the conections between Kyung Joon and Yoon Jae ....
- Why Yoon Jae was planning to travel to LA ... the city where Kyung Joon lived until his mom died 
- Why that pic ( MIRACLE ) is so important ... even Yoon Jae and Kyung Joon did the same poses of the angels at the accident xDD 
- Yoon Jae was related to Kyung Joon's mom or dad??? 
- Yoon Jae and Kyung Joon brothers? no way ... I don't want that to be true xDD
ahhh my head hurts x_x

Guest sailorenigma

Btw, does anyone know where I could find the character's chart and synopsis? I want to find out more info about each and every character's background. 8->

Guest Queen_Of_Baekje

Hi all!!

I was so frustrated with our net.. I only watched halfway through it TT^TT
Well, I'd read the live recap of the first scenes and one thing ...I am very pleased that KJ is not actually infatuated with Daran !!!
:))
The first episode for me is already good and has the potential to make it big!!! Thank you Hong Sisters
The plot was fast paced and filling, the characters were portrayed clearly, and the comedic part was spontaneous.
I'm actually glad that its quite awkward because its supposed to be awkward HAHA...
Now that the main conflict has been laid. (KJ's lonely life, Daran's lonely lovelife, YJ's complicated life) The story will now goes to a roller coaster ride..with the appearance of Mari..Wahahaha

There is only one thing that bothers me--- the slow motion in the accident. I think it could have been better if its like real...at least for more impact.

Guest kayana20

The character chart is up on Viki and is it wrong that I love both leads?I don't know which guy I will be rooting for but I already know I do not like YJ ex who seems really unstable. All I hope is that DR can find the love and happiness she doesn't seem to feel right now. I also am behind with many details so I am going to read through the thread and rewatch both episodes together to understand all the details better tomorrow.

The first episode was ok, but it left so many questions unanswered. Is YJ dead or alive, if he is alive will he wake up and have to play KJ, when MR arrive what will be her point if KJ body is in a coma. Where will KJ live I'm sure the uncle will not allow him to live in that house. You get my point the list just go on and on for me.That aside I will wait and see how it goes.
I felt the attraction between KJ and DR and I wasn't sure about YJ's and DR's feelings for each other. He seemed to avoid her but she also allowed him to do so.Like when she was suppose to meet him at the hospital and he never showed, why wouldn't she go to the nurses station and ask about where he was or have him paged or call him on the phone. She made no effort to find out why he had not shown up, when finding the invitations she was not really angry that he had not even opened to box, this made me think they both have some issues about the forth coming marriage.
We know that KJ is an orphan but what about his dad? Could the connection between YJ and KJ be the father and is he really dead? I'm also watching the other drama with this same theme, it's different yet the same, I like them both.

I'm going crazy thinking about the conections between Kyung Joon and Yoon Jae ....
- Why Yoon Jae was planning to travel to LA ... the city where Kyung Joon lived until his mom died 
- Why that pic ( MIRACLE ) is so important ... even Yoon Jae and Kyung Joon did the same poses of the angels at the accident xDD 
- Yoon Jae was related to Kyung Joon's mom or dad??? 
- Yoon Jae and Kyung Joon brothers? no way ... I don't want that to be true xDD
ahhh my head hurts x_x

Guest nabi

Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung′s ‘Big’ Receives Favorable Reviews

2012-06-05 11:05  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Jeon Su Mi Translation Credit : Erika Kim

Big, a drama featuring the Gong Yoo, Lee Min Jung and Hong Sisters dream team, didn’t do too bad in its first competition.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research on June 5, the June 4 first broadcast of KBS2’s Big recorded 7.9 percent viewership ratings, starting off with the lowest ratings of its time slot.

MBC’s Light and Shadow scored 20.3 percent, while SBS’ The Chaser garnered 9.2 percent.

21896675.jpg

Big is a romcom drama written by the famed Hong Sisters. The Sisters’ comeback, along with the star-studded cast featuring Gong Yoo, Lee Min Jung and miss A’s Suzy, gathered much interest to the drama even before it started airing.

In the first episode, the clumsy schoolteacher Gil Da Ran (Lee Min Jung) and her doctor fiancée Seo Yoon Jae (Gong Yoo) made their appearances. Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung managed to draw up a convincing lovely couple, and Gong Yoo especially shook up the screen with his fit, muscular body. The quick-paced and bright story also caused viewers to look forward to the antics to come.

The episode finally showed Kang Kyung Joon (Shin Won Ho), Gil Da Ran’s student, and Seo Yoon Jae’s souls get switched around through a car accident.

Despite the low ratings, viewers showed they were looking forward to the drama’s future, leaving reviews such as, ‘Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung look great together’, ‘The story is interesting’ and ‘I’m looking forward to the main characters’ romance.’

Photo credit: KBS2
Credit: enewsworld

Guest Queen_Of_Baekje

@Shajoona

Yes, the music is EPIC you're not alone...its enchanting and soothing at the same time.
Gosh...people are having headaches already. YJ and KJ as brothers???...Ammm...I kinda don't like the idea...It's too cliche..well that's only me. The picture is very symbolic but for me it just like a tool for more fantasy thingy nothing like a relation to both by blood..its like in Dreamhigh (K pendant) but i don't know if its even so important in the plot unlike the latter.

Anyways, I'll just empty my brain and let Hong Sisters take my breath away...LOL
:) Just keep it coming guyzzzz.....

OMG!!! is it really written by the Hong sisters !!! Daebak! Daebak! Daebak!

The first Episode was soooo good this my first time watching a drama for LMJ as a lead (i've seen her only in BOF), and I love her acting it's so real and the character  fits her very well !!! and GY i loved him in CP so glad to see him again in a drama he's so gorgeous and LMJ is so pretty !!
I think it's gonna be one of the best dramas in 2012 !!!

can't wait for today's episode looks fun from the preview !!!

@nabi my dear..

thanks for the news..i swear that i was waiting to see GY and LMJ together..because as i said i really couldn't find DR and KJ as lovers not at all..they totally look like brother/sister ..but when GY came (KJ in YJ's body) i start to feel something..the ending scene when she came to KJ's home and saw him laying on the bed..when DR get closer to him ..i already feel the chemistry..oh my god it's GY and MJ guys..who can't see the chemistry!!..but with KJ..i'm sorry he is just like DR's brother..no matter how many times i watch the episode they seems so difficult to me..
it's KJ's face ..that face is the problem..even though that he is tall..

anyway, i read here somewhere that mari is an idol in the story..is it true?!!!! please don't do this..Don't make her and idol here..i'm going crazy thinking how is her character..just come on mari...please XD

Guest kheir

yea i wish he won't wake up and they won't switch till forever..i don't want the main actress to end up with that little boy..quite weird..but in my opinion,the main actress's acting skill is not that good yet..sometimes i find it not natural. hopefully she will improve..and GY,i don't doubt his acting skill.he is good.

Guest vDrak

@Shajoona

Yeah, I have to agree with you on that. GY acted distant towards her

when he was in his own original body, I have to say that was VERY good

acting. They seems to have NO chemistry together whatsoever. But then

when the body "switch", its a different story!

I just discover LMJ recently, through her "Wonderful Radio" whereas; I am GY fan since Coffee Prince! They are very promising actor/actress, they can manipulate their acting and emotions very well!

Looking forward to this Drama. Anything the Hong Sisters produced won't be a waste of time (:.

Guest sailorenigma

lenasoon

wrote:

»

Btw, does anyone know where I could find the character's chart and synopsis? I want to find out more info about each and every character's background.

8->

<br />

<br />

there is one on BIG's viki page.

Guest sailorenigma

Btw, let's not judge Ma-Ri just yet!!! Don't judge a book by its cover yet! I know that we are all afraid of the Hong Sisters in making Ma-Ri their typical antagonist. But, I am sure that it will not be like that! So far, the only antagonist they got, based on the character's chart, is Se-Young - the ex. So I'm just gonna chill and relax and let the actors (and the writers) do their thing. B-)

Btw, let's not judge Ma-Ri just yet!!! Don't judge a book by its cover yet! I know that we are all afraid of the Hong Sisters in making Ma-Ri their typical antagonist. But, I am sure that it will not be like that! So far, the only antagonist they got, based on the character's chart, is Se-Young - the ex. So I'm just gonna chill and relax and let the actors (and the writers) to do their thing. B-)

I watched the 1st episode with eng sub...
all I can say is that Shin Won Ho (Kang kyu Jun) is HOT+Cute+Adorable ... But I wonder what happened to JH's soul ??? are they switching soul ??which means that JH's soul is inside the body of KJ ??? ommyyy

Archived