[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

the girl who!

Guest platini09

:((, really addicted, i read all of your discussions and recap, but dont have the courage to watch the full ep, dont want to see him crying, that torn my heart, just watched the first half of ep 13 b/c of that too. i want to see them happy again, i said to myself that's still KJ base on his sleeping way. but really nervous as maybe it's YJ the way he stared at her, not that i dont want to see YJ wake up, but i dont want to see KJ with his pain

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although it was so sad to watching this episode  (especially the touching song at the end) but I cannot keep myself from laughing.
Seems that the writer tried to give us an idea that they are kind of twins. Their destiny correlated with each other and can not be separated. (The fact that two brothers felt in love with the same girl and hate black bean blah blah ). She tried to console us and will produce an open ending?
I do not really love the "twins" stuff but some how Hong sister are genius.  Nobody could come up with such an ...amazing imagination.
I really love GY's perform. He is so talent actor. All the crying scenes are touching and real.

Sorry guys, but am i the only one here that hoping the two souls will be switched back? I mean, i love Kyungjae and Daran romance but the situation is it wont last forever if you try to make a logic actually? At least, let Daran realizes that he needs the real Kyung Joon on his precense not hiding in YJ's body like that.
On the other hands, i would like to know what's the real deal YJ was planning on leave her before. There are some misteries that Hong Sister still leave us confused with and i hope from next week, i will see a good conclusion about their soul switching back. lol

Guest yellowcake

I'm a bit confused... (well this is coming from me who have only read preliminary recaps): WHYYYY does KJ think that he HAS to forget everything including Daran after they switch back? Why are they choosing to run away from the problem or try to deny the existence of the problem through forgetting (and this time BOTH of them), instead of making the effort to give each other strength and walk out of this pain together? I'm anxious and frustrated for KJ =/ ... why do they build these forts to separate each other even though they clearly love each other and acknowledged it... denying both themselves and each other the source of strength to go through this tough trial? @___@

Hong sisters... I'm mad at you

Ionno... I watch D smacking down the mom for her selfishness and I cheer... and then we cut to her convo with KJ after that, and at the dinner... and I want to bang my head... CLEARLY KJ's main source of pain is not being acknowledged by anyone that he's important as an individual, regardless of YJ. Shouldn't she know that by now? So why does she keep messing up her good and legit attempts to walk KJ through the situation responsibly by inserting stupid lies like she's holding YJ before KJ? She said it herself to the mom: if you request KJ sincerely, he'll say yes even if he doesn't like it at first. So why the heck did she lie to him?

UGH Hong... stop making D so stupid and shooting her own foot! the discrepancy between her level-headed logic about how KJ should deal with his family and how she's being stupid and lying about her heart to him is JARRING and it only shows that the fault is not in the character, but in the writer. Why insert this Daran lies arch only to have her give in and tell him the truth within the span of one episode? it's unnecessary pain to KJ and to viewers like us... a hated filler

Ionno... I watch D smacking down the mom for her selfishness and I cheer... and then we cut to her convo with KJ after that, and at the dinner... and I want to bang my head... CLEARLY KJ's main source of pain is not being acknowledged by anyone that he's important as an individual, regardless of YJ. Shouldn't she know that by now? So why does she keep messing up her good and legit attempts to walk KJ through the situation responsibly by inserting stupid lies like she's holding YJ before KJ? She said it herself to the mom: if you request KJ sincerely, he'll say yes even if he doesn't like it at first. So why the heck did she lie to him?

UGH Hong... stop making D so stupid and shooting her own foot! the discrepancy between her level-headed logic about how KJ should deal with his family and how she's being stupid and lying about her heart to him is JARRING and it only shows that the fault is not in the character, but in the writer. Why insert this Daran lies arch only to have her give in and tell him the truth within the span of one episode? it's unnecessary pain to KJ and to viewers like us... a hated filler

Lee Min Jung touches hearts with sophisticated acting
Lee Min Jung became the 'Queen of Tears' with her sophisticated and emotional acting.
Lee Min Jung is recently casting in KBS 2TV drama 'Big' as a high school teacher, Gil Daran.
Gil Daran continues a heart-aching love for Kang Kyung Joon(Gong Yoo), and she is getting a lot of high compliments from the viewers for her great acting.
In the 4th episode, Gil Daran found out that Seo Yoon Jae(Gong Yoo) had a secret lover, and fell in despair. In the 10th episode, as Kyung Joon's soul left and Gong Yoo's soul came back, she realized that she was in love with Kyung Joon, and shed her tears again.
Lee Min Jung shed her tears in various situations, and her sophisticated and emotional acting is touching viewers' hearts. Viewers made comments, such as "She makes me cry", "She cries in every episodes, and the feelings are all different", and "She's the best Drama Queen ever!"
On the other hand, the romance of Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung will start developing in the 16th episode.
Source : Star N News

Guest gemchan

Lee Min Jung touches hearts with sophisticated acting

Lee Min Jung became the 'Queen of Tears' with her sophisticated and emotional acting.
Lee Min Jung is recently casting in KBS 2TV drama 'Big' as a high school teacher, Gil Daran.
Gil Daran continues a heart-aching love for Kang Kyung Joon(Gong Yoo), and she is getting a lot of high compliments from the viewers for her great acting.
In the 4th episode, Gil Daran found out that Seo Yoon Jae(Gong Yoo) had a secret lover, and fell in despair. In the 10th episode, as Kyung Joon's soul left and Gong Yoo's soul came back, she realized that she was in love with Kyung Joon, and shed her tears again.
Lee Min Jung shed her tears in various situations, and her sophisticated and emotional acting is touching viewers' hearts. Viewers made comments, such as "She makes me cry", "She cries in every episodes, and the feelings are all different", and "She's the best Drama Queen ever!"
On the other hand, the romance of Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung will start developing in the 16th episode.
Source : Star N News

Guest soompigalz

Call me a masochist or whatever, but i really like their crying scene, their expression along with all the details on the red eyes,red runny nose, n those big drop of tears coming down one after another was just beautifully captured. Greatly acted. I cry everytime they cry T_T

N the waiting begin..#-o i want monday to come quickly but at the same time i wish it'll never come instead, since it mean i will lose my weekly dose of my fav drama :((

Guest yellowcake

No, I agree, as much as I love and adore Da Ran for her cheeriness and kindness, I can't help but feel that the Hong Sisters have written her poorly. She wavers too easily, and I wish the Hong Sisters would have given her some depth and character growth by making her more steadfast and assertive in her beliefs and desires. Understandably, she's in a hard situation, but lying to the one you love and continuing to do so when you can see how much pain he's in, that's not something I can get behind. Like you, I think it should be clear as day to her that he desperately needs for someone - anyone - to recognize him as a worthy individual, to validate his existence outside of saving Yoon Jae. 

I have to say that lately Da Ran's actions, instead of feeling true to her character and "real" in the sense that she is her own character, feel more like the direct result of the Hong Sisters simply manipulating her to serve their angsty purposes. And I hate that. I understand that Da Ran is a fictional character, but a story is so much stronger when the characters feel relatable and seem to have their own motivations, not some driven up by the writers for the sole purpose of adding angst to the narrative. I don't know if I'm explaining myself well. ><

So KJ’s theory that he’d lose his memories is more because of his deduction of his mom’s wish when she wrote the book– the assumed key to the switcheroo. (instead of what i'd originally assumed about him trying to run away from the situation). He finds out that she wrote it in hopes that after the miracle, KJ would be happy to find his new family… and for KJ to have that ending given the current situation, is for his memory to revert back to before the accident (as the professor pointed out, and so has Mari in earlier episode). THIS makes it all the more painful when KJ remembers his happiness with D in that flashback scene and realizes that this is what he’ll have to lose to be happy with his bio family… per his surrogate mom’s wish.

This brings a SUPER good question to us… will he really be happy in ignorance: finding new family in forgetting the trauma that he experienced because of the switcheroo… but losing his love and memories of it… or will he be better off and happy with the truth in its whole? pain and all?

Archived