s@nbi

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest prettyoungthing

Reviews :coffee:

Dramafever

Currently on episode 10
This is sooo good! It's been put together very well. The acting is great, and I'm really loving Yoona in this drama. *SPOILER AHEAD*

Best scene so far: in episode 10 when Ha Na is home alone and getting ready for bed, she looks both ways, turns off the lights in the cafe, and dashes up the stairs, slamming the door behind her (I know, it's a three-second scene but I can't get over it xD

WORTH WATCHING
Enjoyed this a lot!. Story line, cast, editing, backdrop and directing... well executed drama. WORTH WATCHING.. you'll laugh , cry and make you fall in love all over again!

It had such a beautiful story line.
This was a reaally good drama. I got hooked from the beginning. The scenery in the beginning was beautiful. But I could relate more when it took place in the present... Jang Geun Suk is soo cute and Yoona is soo pretty! They were so cute together. I loved how they stood by each other since the beginning. It was so cuteee. I would so watch it again. :3

two stories
The look, feel and acting all done to throw you into a time warp and transport you right into the 70's. The acting was so seamless you can almost feel the difference in the time and generations. Forwarding to the present, the feel of the drama shifts rather effectively. The main actors had superb chemistry in both generational adaptations and were really lovely to watch. The older couple has a sweet and loving charisma to them that gives a touch of adorableness that only people that have loved for a long time can give. if i did have a criticism it would be i wish there were flash backs to the time they were apart, when she lived in america, what brought In ah together with his wife, was there any real love between them, there had to be to produce a child? How were things for her, for her loosing her husband early, if these were woven into the present story line the connection to the past and present would have almost braided together as a single love story of two generations brought together through fate.

Nice Love Story
This is a sweet love story that spans two generations. I do wish that a good film editor would get ahold of this series and edit it down to 16 episodes, bcause it starts spinning its wheels about 2/3rds of the way in, and the pacing and redundancy could be improved upon. There is good casting and good dynamics between the cast - the couples and the friendships are wonderful. Some poduction choices do distract from the flow of the story - the no-lens glasses are so kookily distracting and poor Yoona's hairpiece in the last episode was so cheap (wrong color and stiff) - it would have been better to just leave her hair alone. Overall, there are a lot of tender and touching moments in the series and it is definitely worth watching.

Love Jang Geun Suk & Im Yoon Ah together!
These two have the greatest chemistry! I love the whole concept of this show. I actually loved the 70's part. Maybe because I'm older but it really set it up for the future part of the show. Of course there had to be the *****y Mom, what drama would be complete without one. The only thing I have to say about her is she brought all of her misery on herself. I Loved all of the characters. Everyone was amazing. Great Romance story. Watch this one, you will love it, even if your not into romance stories, I think you will enjoy. The soundtrack is great also. Great Ending!

love rain and I love you!
This drama kept me on edge and repeatedly broke my heart only to make me happy the next second. It started off slow and though I was happy when we finally made it to 2012 Korea, I think they did a great job with the episodes of the '70s. Jang Geun Suk & Yoona's chemistry was amazing, they worked great together. Yet another cast I fell in love with, I hope they make more dramas in the future. The music matched the drama perfectly & I absolutely loved the song 'Love Rain'. The ending was great, it didn't just drop off at a random point & I thought it was so cute when she ran back to water the plants. The love story that spanned 30 years was beautiful, but the love between Joon and Ha Na was beyond words too. I do believe one can fall in love at first sight, but the best part comes from the journey ahead, getting to know them, facing hard times & making memories to last a lifetime. I think this is my fave drama that I've seen & I highly recommend it to others.

Being under an umbrella never seemed so good
Love Rain was one drama I'm not at all disappointed in. Encompassing themes of "Love" and well... "Rain," I felt the story was well brought together and delivered in an almost perfect manner. It may have started off slow, but as it went on, I got completely hooked to it. I actually don't really like romance dramas, but there was something about this that just drew me in. All the actors and actresses were simply amazing and the love story here was beautiful. Jang Geun Seuk and Yoona outdid themselves as I instantly fell in love with both the characters they played. I've always liked JGS' acting, but I was quite surprised by Yoona's, whose characters I did not expect to be so captivated by. The chemistry between the two of them here was just wonderful. In addition to the touching storyline, the music was so well-done with SNSD's Tiffany's song, the title songs of Love Story as well as Love Rain all gave the scenes so much more depth. I'm proud to say that this is one of the best romance dramas I've seen.

5*****
one of the best stories ever.Although the beginning was kinda slow, the story picks up after the 4th episode. loved the chemistry btw JGS and Yoona. highly recommend.

Enchanting
Ah, what can I say about this drama that hasn't already been said? The 70's story line was beautiful and transcendent; they shot it in a way that was rich and saturated with color and grace. The future was bright and paced well so the actors could become more natural in their environment. All in all it was a satisfying drama to experience and I will not be forgetting it any time soon. That song 'salang bi' will continue to make me cry, I'm sure. I am not a fan of Yoona's but I think she did a wonderful job, and Geun Suk always impresses me in his performance (although he does play the richard simmons hole a little too well sometimes). ^-^

Edited by prettyoungthing, Today, 10:46 AM.

~ i have been waiting too for more BTS
 ~ and, more OST, especially the two songs sang by C'est La Vie . . . and i can't wait anymore, so i ripped the 2 versions of Sarang Bi from episode 4 and 20 . . . here are the links: Sarang Bi - C'est La Vie version 1 and version 2  - ENJOY (pm me if you can't download it)

Guest eeldeerlove

snsd+yoona+jang+geun+suk+love+rain.jpgI'm re-watching episode 7 of Love Rain and I came across this BTS photo of JKS and Yoona. Was there a holding hands scene on episode 7 or I just missed this out?

snsd+yoona+jang+geun+suk+love+rain.jpgsnsd-yoona-jang-geun-suk-love-rain_31.ht

Guest sharon1

Although Jang Geun Suk is a hero in Southeast Asia, and Yoona is a member of Girls' Generation, the ratins of that drama was not high than we expected....

Guest eeldeerlove

Although Jang Geun Suk is a hero in Southeast Asia' date=' and Yoona is a member of Girls' Generation, the ratins of that drama was not high than we expected....[/quote']

Hi sharon! I believe that ratings in Korea will not determine the ratings in other countries which acquired LR. For example Playful Kiss of Kim Hyun Joong, the ratings reached 3% so far the worst in K-drama history but it fared well inJapan. Iris got the highest ratings in Korea last 2009 but a big disappointment in the Philippines. I can go on with my list but I hope i made my point here. :)

Guest mind.love

Have you guys rewatching the episodes, noticed things you didn't notice the first time? Omg. Watching random episodes I found more things I missed the first time and I think I just keep adoring this drama more and more.

Guest Tarits

I picked up my LRain OST part 2 last night. Inside are also many postcard photos of Sukkie and Yoona and gosh, back to back photos too.  The OST is so nice much like OST part 1.  I am happy to listen to the OST every chance I get - driving to and from work, at home, while on the computer-yeah, my ears are multi-tasking when I listen to the songs and music in the cds.

292100_427640007268012_1884255950_n.jpg

I picked up my LRain OST part 2 last night. Inside are also many postcard photos of Sukkie and Yoona and gosh, back to back photos too.  The OST is so nice much like OST part 1.  I am happy to listen to the OST every chance I get - driving to and from work, at home, while on the computer-yeah, my ears are multi-tasking when I listen to the songs and music in the cds.

292100_427640007268012_1884255950_n.jpg

Guest mind.love

@mind.love

Do the subs sync with the videos? The subs are in kor format bu the videos are hanrel. I'm also having problems with downloading..like it will take me more than 5 hrs to download 1 episode. Can it be my internet connection?

Guest Tarits

@iheartJKSYoona - oh I thought Playful Kiss did well in the Philippines. But KHJ has his henecians over there, isn't it? A friend is one of the leaders of Henecian Philippines. 

Yes, low ratings in Korea does not equate to low ratings in other countries. I believe the international viewership should count foremost.  And I know LRain is so popular among international fans like me.

Nonetheless, ratings or not, LR is one wonderful drama to me.  It now ranks close to my favorite drama Goong/Princess Hours.  (obviously  since my profile is about my numero uno actor)

Oh I love Sukkie and I love Yoona too. But I doubt whether their paths will meet again in another drama.

@sakki - I read your pm. Go get the OSTs my dear girl. No regrets in buying it. There are clear, good photos of the 2 and the other characters in the drama.

@iheartJKSYoona

- oh I thought Playful Kiss did well in the Philippines. But KHJ has his henecians over there, isn't it? A friend is one of the leaders of Henecian Philippines. 

Yes, low ratings in Korea does not equate to low ratings in other countries. I believe the international viewership should count foremost.  And I know LRain is so popular among international fans like me.

Nonetheless, ratings or not, LR is one wonderful drama to me.  It now ranks close to my favorite drama Goong/Princess Hours.  (obviously  since my profile is about my numero uno actor)

Oh I love Sukkie and I love Yoona too. But I doubt whether their paths will meet again in another drama.

@sakki -

I read your pm. Go get the OSTs my dear girl. No regrets in buying it. There are clear, good photos of the 2 and the other characters in the drama.

i was away from korean drama for a while, and i chose to watch love rain at first place, heard that it's nice and i came for JGS and Yoona. just finish watching this afternoon, as awesome as i heard!!! <3
i'm searching for HD pics to set as my wallpaper, any faster way than browsing all these 100+ pages in the thread? where are the pic threads now? i tried KBS website and i only found small pics :(

Guest eeldeerlove

@iheartJKSYoona

- oh I thought Playful Kiss did well in the Philippines. But KHJ has his henecians over there, isn't it? A friend is one of the leaders of Henecian Philippines. 

@sakki -

I read your pm. Go get the OSTs my dear girl. No regrets in buying it. There are clear, good photos of the 2 and the other characters in the drama.

@mind.love yes I do direct links. I guess it was just the internet connection. No problem with downloading yesterday and today. Thanks for the new link for the subs.
@sakki I hope they can work in a CF just like UEE and Joo Won from Ojakgyo Family

Archived