[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

Guest taranutan

Character arc drives every drama, and without a doubt the main character here is Joon, but he has yet to reach his reversal/discovery point. He still has to shake off his self-centredness and learn the ingredient of loss in true love (the older Changmo mentioned this issue briefly). So far, he never fails to break his determination to leave Hana whenever he sees her with another guy, and he first wanted to break off with her partly because she said she would sacrifice her (and thus his) happiness for her mother. The way Joon treats his assistant is a constant reminder of this character flaw, most probably a rub-off from the closest person to him (his mother).

So I think rather than guessing which pair would get together, we should watch for Joon's turning point as a character, his realization that he's not the center of the universe. If he never reaches that point, Hana and him would not have a happy life even if they get together.

I also think the story is an interesting one, full of dramatic possibilities that would be stronger if Joon and Hana were biological siblings. Of course this is stuff targeted at ahjummas and idol-shippers, so the writer can't go that far, but the implication is there.

BTW for those who must watch it live, the show streams on Crypst's channel at around 10 pm Mon and Tue Seoul time.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a question:  Even if IH and YH don't get married and defers to Joon and Ha Na, will Joon's mother accept Ha Na for a daughter-in-law?  I wonder if Joon has considered this hurdle.  -_-

~ I think Joon will be able to fight his love for Hana with his mother . . . i don't think he has that much of an emotional attachment to his mum as to what Hana is to her mother . . . he only seems to do it out of loyalty, to being a family, of sharing the same blood

Good point! Hye Jung doesn't like Hana either because hana reminds her of YH by face value. with hye jung's madness i wont be surprised if she will not let the joon-hana relationship flow smoothly. could she always be a pain in everyone's butt for that matter? she never grew. *quoted image*

*quoted image*

~ but even if HJ continue to be a thorn in the SJ-HN relationship, i think both of them can weather it all . . . and yup she really never GREW UP . . .

on the case of the minho-taesung meddling with the joon-hana's :

In Min-ho's case, i really can't grasp her "love" to Joon. if we call that love in the first place, or merely a brat's crush on the surface. or maybe it lacks the sincerity level that i am rooting for me to believe that the love triangle is convincing. however in tae sung's case i pity him more because hana moved on from her admiration to him and the only passion left is simply a sunbae relationship. 

last night episode where both left their dates was a surprise for me actually. that was bold to agree on a date then leave them after saying that they CAN'T . i love how honest the younger couple are with their feelings-striving to reach it to their parent's concern.

~ MH's feelings is more like of a possessive aspect . . . like that SJ is mine mine mine kind of feeling since she grew up in kind of atmosphere . . . i think the parents of both sides contribute to it too

~ as for TS, all i can say is that "you have missed your chance dude" . . . i sort of pity him cause its like fate have given him time to be more that a sunbae to HN, but he has let that opportunity pass by . . . right now, if i am him i would let her go give her space and time to recover form a loss love and maybe if fate gives him a second chance - that he have to grab right away

~ last night i sort of root for our OTP to run out of their dates ^_^ and writer-nim did not disappoint me ;)

In Ha must have a lot of explaining to do. however, i doubt if he will . he's like his son who called it off to hana but without explainations.

life father, like son. or the other way around?

~ no doubt!!! he has to explain himself . . . but knowing IH i think he will do more than ponder on what he did - more on procrastinate on it -_-

[quote name='sakki ^_^' date='15 May 2012 - 03:30 AM' timestamp='1337081434' post='17769217']

~ no doubt!!! he has to explain himself . . . but knowing IH i think he will do more than ponder on what he did - more on procrastinate on it  -_-

I thought for sure he'd explain about Ha Na and Seo Joon to Yoon Hee yesterday but he didn't. Maybe he knows she's going to figure it out herself eventually. (maybe she already has given SJ's behavior at the picnic/party) I also think part of Ha Na's hesitation about her Mom getting married stems from feeling guilty that her Mom broke up Seo Joon's family? BOTH her and Seo Joon believe this! So I'm hoping they all find out about Hye Jung manipulating things soon. 

And someone posted about Seo Joon finding out about In Ha and Yoon Hee's relationship, how it all started. I agree, he needs to know the whole story. (I think Ha Na might know a little bit more since she read her Mom's diary) According to the preview - SJ again asks HaNa to continue their relationship today. *sigh* She's gonna reject him again but he doesn't yet understand why. He's aware that her Mom is ill but he doesn't know how serious it is. *quoted image* And he's not willing to give up anything for his Dad while Ha Na would give up everything for her Mom. 

EDIT: Top of the page! *quoted image* I can share the link for ViKi - it's subbed at 99%. (I apologize to those who can't watch on ViKi due to region issues)

http://www.viki.com/...in/videos/68829 

For those who cannot watch viki because of region issues, try accessing viki after installing any one of the following:

Ultrasurf (works with Windows Explorer)

http://ultrasurf.us/

or Hotshot Shield (which works with both windows and mac)

http://download.cnet.com/hotspot-shield/#ixzz1rvU2zHop

@early219

try this, hope it help blush.gif

http://eternally-taeny.net/forums/

thank you for the link....but i'm not a member....

can i still watch love rain in KBS1 (ON air TV)????/....can any one answer me ????pleasseeeeeeeeeee

guys.....can i ask where we can watch it live...cos ON AIR TV is kinda not working....

wibisheng [kbs (2TV, 128K) ]

http://www.wubisheng.cn/html/hanju/zxtv/?id=sbs-cjb#

or if you are iphone user

http://smart.kbs.co.kr/live/index.php

Funny but today ionair is working perfectly for me ... yesterday, I had to use SOLIVE but kept ionair on so that I can read the subs at the same time as I watch video.

reallyyy...only kbs 2 is not working on me......i don't know why...i only see blank screen and a loud noise....

reallyyy...only kbs 2 is not working on me......i don't know why...i only see blank screen and a loud noise....

SOLIVE is the most dependable option ... just takes some time to install because you have to follow instructions to help with the installation.

Archived