[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

Two lead actors portraying lead characters always end up together !  Hardly have I seen two lead actors ending with 2nd lead actors.  I still am hoping the drama will end on a happy note and remember, the characters of the two young lovers is more prominent in the current year. Their love story evolved from the parents love story. So why should the two young love be overshadowed by the parents' love story? The parents love story is like an icing on the cake to me but the bigger portion of the cake is the story of two young lovers.  Unless the second lead are A lister actors too or very popular 2nd leads, then there is no way for the drama to end focused on them. Definitely, the two young lovers story must take center stage. Many will be unhappy if the drama ends on a sad note. Including me!

Yea! Im pretty sure the two leads are going to end up together, otherwise viewers are gonna get mad! I still think that there is room for both couples to stay together, one big happy family, as for Joon's mom? well..in the first place it was her fault though. She kept on pushing herself to In Ha when she clearly knows In Ha loves Yoon Hee...YES! the ending better be a happy one. Im still hoping that they'll think of something great for the ending. Some drama ending are very much predictable, I hope they can make this into something that will be just enough for the viewers to think of as a good ending. I hate how you can a reaction like "THAT'S IT?" and u think they're gonna create a part 2 for the show but in the end they wont...So yea *fingers crossed* Wahhh! cant wait for next wk's episode! WAHHHH!! there's still no preview of any sort besides the written one right? damn! i want a video preview!!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest united06

Hi Everyone,

Love Rain Episode 14 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

loveRain.jpg

Love Rain Episode 14 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4348-love-rain-2012/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

~ first, can i ask what's the title of the new OST in episode 13 and 14?

~ SORRY for cutting your post

I can foresee next week's ANGRY topic will be why HANA will not accept SJ back. *quoted image*

*quoted image*

~ yes i think so too . . . I just hope that the writer would put in enough reason as WHY NOT HANA? . . . or else poor Hana's gonna end up with more bashing from the viewers ;) . . .

Love For No Reason..

~ ha ha ha, this surely explains it all :w00t:

Guest QueChill

Two lead actors portraying lead characters always end up together !  Hardly have I seen two lead actors ending with 2nd lead actors.  I still am hoping the drama will end on a happy note and remember, the characters of the two young lovers is more prominent in the current year. Their love story evolved from the parents love story. So why should the two young love be overshadowed by the parents' love story? The parents love story is like an icing on the cake to me but the bigger portion of the cake is the story of two young lovers.  Unless the second lead are A lister actors too or very popular 2nd leads, then there is no way for the drama to end focused on them. Definitely, the two young lovers story must take center stage. Many will be unhappy if the drama ends on a sad note. Including me!

agreed..it really unrealistic (not acceptable by viewer) drama when both lead actor didn't end up together...

but looking back PDnim drama before he always make sad/unpredictable ending.

although sad ending but it's really worth it.his drama still be remembered by viewer till know..

but i'm hoping the sad ending is for old couple not young couple for LR...

cos till know i still can't see resemblance & continuous feeling from young InHa to older InHa..still didn't get it..

Guest Tarits

kat_t; QueChill - I have seen previous dramas and movies of JGS and he always comes out with flying colors in acting the roles and to my mind, most of his projects ended on a happy tone.  However, I cannot imagine him in this drama at the end sad, tearful,  rejected,  loser etc. without the girl he said he truly loves, Yoona by his side.  My guess is the good mom will be seriously sick or go blind or what. Or the b mom will be the one to just meet an accident. (way to go!!) One of the parents will have to be taken out of the love triangle for the two young lovers to end together. This can only be by death or what. I cannot imagine the b mom asking forgiveness and embracing Yoona as her DILaw. The writer really made the dad a limp, yes he is awkward (meaning shy) but gosh, couldn't he take up the cudgels for the young lovers? For himself? He is separated more than 10 years and still the b mom holds the strings? Ah... what happened to his b___s? :angry:

In the coming 6 episodes, I am preparing my box of kleenex but I will also prepare a lot of applause and shouts of happiness at the end of episode 20. I hope you all join me as we celebrate a happy ending for the young lovers. I imagine no other way! :D

Dear Scriptwriter,

Why make Ha Na come by often at Jun's place?

Shouldn't she avoid him instead?

does she have double personality?

I thought she wants Mom to be happy.

Ya, why make HN come back to the fashion show?

further more, she letting that #$% hold her hand infront of SJ :crazy:

SJ already inform her to go away, also ask her to inform YH not to come over the resort

if she follow what he said, YH will not insult by HJ

she want her mum to be happy, but she also want to see SJ whenever she want

this world is not perfect, she either can choose one

SJ is doing what she want, just let it go...

she already disappointed SJ by not choosing him fury.gif

SJ never become his love one 1st choice :tears:

I just finished ep13 and ep14 with subs ^_^

such a heartbreaking episodes for these 2 episodes...

It just so sad seeing how Hana and Joon end up being like this... I felt more sad for Joon actually... he handle this things really hard... he didnt want to lose her...

Hana too... everytime she sees her mom smile with Inha, she cried inside...

it hurts so bad that just the moment they want to reveal the truth to their parents about them, they have to witness the reason why they have to give in for the sake of their happiness. the moment Hyejung throw water to Yoonhee, it hurts Hana so bad for 2 things... not just because seeing her mother being treated like that but also for being sure that it's indeed the end for her and Joon :tears:

I love this scene so much!!! :tears:

75207_387147357995561_235769156466716_77219364_1023376242_n.jpg

I also love the fact that FINALLY Joon understand his dad feelings... i used to mention this before indeed Joon need to have the same feeling like his dad so that he understand why his dad acting like that...

love this line from Seo Joon.

" Living like that, occasionally hearing news of each other, meeting from time to time, and hearing about each other's marriage. Living like that... Like that.. 30 years. Harboring that kind of feeling for 30 years, I cant imagine it. I'm afraid."

this line here totally show how he finally understand what his dad has been feeling all this while...

after seeing the last scene from ep14, I think it will be like a battle between father and son... XD

this drama is getting better and better ^^

Hana is getting so damn annoying. She keeps saying/acting like her mom's happiness is her happiness but she keeps following Jun, acting like doesn't want to break up. If she really wants her mom to be happy, she should just forget Jun and go out with Taesung, who is now ready for her. And like some of people here, I still don't get since when she fells in love with Jun that much? Well, he is the first for her in everything but don't you think that's quite unreasonable? You fell for someone that much, crying a lot for someone because of this reason? and especially it happened in such a short time? Now I think 5% of Korean viewers keep watching this drama because of the older couple, Inha and Yoonhee. Some watching probably because they want to see JGS's excellent acting skill, while some of Yoona fans on Twitter I see can't even bear to watch her weak character anymore, they want strong Hana back, this Hana we're watching is just too pathetic.

I hope they make the happy ending for the older couple, they've waited for each other for such a long time, they have enough reason and deserve to be together.Just my opinion though.

if only heart and feelings can be as easy as like that, i'm sure Taesung is now the lead actor of the drama :P but too bad he's not hehe :lol:

and I dont think that 5% of korean viewers that watching this are only for the older couple cause if you see people at bestiz (drama thread), korean community site, they really love Jun and Hana so much... in fact, for someone who have been follow updates from bestiz since the 1st episode, has been waiting for the modern couple more than the older couple. so your opinion is invalid. of course they love the older couple too but most of them was like us too they still love the OTP of this drama... Jun-Hana couple.

People are wondering why Hana seems like falling in love so much with Joon yet there's not much of things that have shown in the earlier episodes that she's falling for him... She being the one who always wait for him at Japan scenes show how much she have develop interest with Joon. He always be the first thing to her. her first person that seeing the Diamond Snow together, the first person that went to eat at the restaurant that she wanted to go so badly, her first kiss, her first love :wub:

this drama main theme is FIRST LOVE and falling in love with someone in 3 seconds and all the casts in the drama did that. back in the 70s until in 2012. even back in the 70s, at first Yoonhee was not into Inha that much but she definitely show some interest towards him... ^_^

Guest timpa

I think this show could have done better in the ratings if it was a weekend drama because I agree that I don't think the 5% is just 'older viewers', in fact I think Light & Shadow is probably taking a good portion of potential 'older viewers' away from Love Rain. If it was a weekend drama I think the fact that it has a plotline featuring an older couple storyline would be appreciated more and viewership would be better.

Guest allygirl

Just finished ep 14 with sub.

for me, In Ha really selfish guy..even though, he knew Joon n Hana love each other, he remains silent till joon brought the issue..

Im sure In Ha wont tell Yoon Hee abt the kids relationship..my prediction Yoon Hee will see the Joon n Hana's pic in the camera n know the truth..

no sad ending plzzzz...i want JOON HANA be together no matter what!!

Guest Starlitelet

Just finished ep 14 with sub.

for me, In Ha really selfish guy..even though, he knew Joon n Hana love each other, he remains silent till joon brought the issue..

Im sure In Ha wont tell Yoon Hee abt the kids relationship..my prediction Yoon Hee will see the Joon n Hana's pic in the camera n know the truth..

no sad ending plzzzz...i want JOON HANA be together no matter what!!

Hi allygirl ^^!

Didn't In Ha only find out about the kids recently? I'm sure he would have mentioned it somewhere along the way. We'll just have to see what he has to say to his son, Joon.

Nonetheless, I don't like the character In Ha one bit. He's just such a weak man. When Yoon Hee was thrown water by In Jung, he didn't really protect her at all. He's too "unmanly" in the sense that he can't even protect his own woman against the vile lady. I know that he feels sorry for In Jung, but put it straight for her instead of saying "sorry" all the time. I don't get why he's not being straightforward. Be clear and concise. Be a man!

I'm sure if Yoon Hee finds out about the kids' relationship, she'd back away from the marriage right away. Her daughter is her main priority. She places her above In Ha.

Also, this is my prediction on the ending. Yoon Hee will die, which will make the equation easier to solve as sad as it sounds.

Anyway, this drama is slow and boring at some parts. I fairly enjoy the dynamic between Ha Na and Joon, but I dislike In Ha and Yoon Hee. I love the actress playing Yoon Hee, but I just find the pairing slow and futile. There's no sparks for me. The lady In Jung is just purely annoying. She's the typical Korean drama girl we see in the 2000s dramas - always playing the guilt-card grrr.

I also dislike the stereotypical characters where all the girls in the dramas are head-over-heels for Joon. He's not that gorgeous either :sweatingbullets:. I also sense there will be three to four dudes who will or are already falling for Ha Na. Why add in so many other characters who fawn over the main leads? It's nerve-wracking at times. They're not the only ones revolving around the planet - haha. It's like whenever Ha Na tells her sad story and cries, the other dude who is listening immediately falls for her. I guess the formula to win a guy over is cry your heart out.

By the way, I love Seo In Guk! I'm so glad he's back! Love his character - haha. I sense a relationship between his character and Mi Ho ;). I think that'd be interesting.

Yoon Ah is a great actress in here. She's such a free-spirited person who will fight for love. I like her purity and innocence. Despite Jang Geun Suk being egotistical as usual, he's a great actor as well.

Guest prettyoungthing

Many questioned as to the deep emotional attachment of Hana to Joon considering the limited time that such "feelings" could have developed deeply.

I can relate to her situation cause i've been there once and the only difference between Hana & I would be that they really had both confessed and had that relationship, while mine was UNPRONOUNCED sort of MU thing, and it took me YEARS to get over.

Bottom line is, we are dealing with "FEELINGS" and this is personal. How DEEP one has fallen, only the person itself could answer. In this drama, it tackles on FIRST LOVE, and i don't see the IMPOSSIBLENESS of Hana falling deeply with Joon, albeit the short span of time. Why can't it be logical when there is such a thing as "Love at First Sight", and as compared to what Hana & Joon had, it goes beyond that.

:phew: Love Rain created quite a synergy and dynamism among its viewers such as what is happening in this thread. The reactions, assumptions, and analysis i enjoy reading made me realized that the drama succeeded in tugging the emotional state of its viewers. That it transcended from merely being a visually or aesthetically of value, but one that touches both hearts and brains.

My wish at this time is that Love Rain gets to have additional episodes to justify the twists and turns of each conflicts and subplots not only relating to the main leads, but to the other characters as well. A ONE HOLISTIC ENDING is fitting for a drama as GOOD as Love Rain to not come off short and with some open-ended loose threads at the end.

Finally, while most are busy trying to figure out what ENDING should this drama have and posting it at its main site, i am contemplating more on extended episodes, but still the writer may well give us an amazing surprise by then.

ieLuYx8cJxAGz.jpg

credit: as tagged

[TV Magnifier] Why did "Love Rain" include gangsters?

http://www.hancinema.net/tv-magnifier-why-did-love-rain-include-gangsters--42252.html

Low rating drama KBS 2TV "Love Rain" rated 5.1% on the 8th.

"Love Rain" was criticized as 'old' from the tenth episode. The only way out for "Love Rain" was the script.

However, it didn't help. Gangsters appeared at the ending scene of the fourteenth episode. A sudden gangster appearance in the background of a green garden, drizzle and clear skies led to the breakdown of "Love Rain".

This was unexpected even by writer Oh Soo-yeon. A member of staff told Sports Hanguk on the 9th, ",It is true everyone felt odd after reading the scripts for the thirteenth and fourteenth episodes. It wasn't Oh Soo-yeon's style and the odd characters (gangsters) were out of place. We messed with them subject at hand to ventilate the viewers' surrounding's a bit".

The frequent kiss scenes in the drama also gave the viewers discomfort.

Another member of staff explained, "There were suggestions that elements of a romantic comedy should be input in the drama recently. But the sudden appearance of love scene between Joon and Ha-na actually caused a counter-effect".

"Love Rain" which has continuously failed to make a hit is being criticized of not being able to 'utilize' Jang Geun-seok and Yoona well enough to meet their reputation for acting.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Many questioned as to the deep emotional attachment of Hana to Joon considering the limited time that such "feelings" could have developed deeply.

I can relate to her situation cause i've been there once and the only difference between Hana & I would be that they really had both confessed and had that relationship, while mine was UNPRONOUNCED sort of MU thing, and it took me YEARS to get over.

Sorry to cut your post... But I agree with you, There's no definite time to determine how deep a person's love can be. Like Yoon Hee & Inha, I met someone in university and was drawn to each other but you know you're both still young and still has a lot of things to reach and accomplish and so we made a promise that one day we'll meet again and fulfill that love. We had good memories, beautiful ones that are still vivid in my mind that makes me smile once in a while. Yes, we didn't end up together but you will still remember the good memories with that "one love" you once had in your life...

I understand Inha and Yoon Hee's situation and where they're coming from but I want Joon & Hana to flourish the love that they have now so that they too will have the best memories that they will cherish for the rest of their lives.... and it would be better if they can fulfill that love so they won't have any regrets like their parents....

[TV Magnifier] Why did "Love Rain" include gangsters?

http://www.hancinema.net/tv-magnifier-why-did-love-rain-include-gangsters--42252.html

Low rating drama KBS 2TV "Love Rain" rated 5.1% on the 8th.

"Love Rain" was criticized as 'old' from the tenth episode. The only way out for "Love Rain" was the script.

However, it didn't help. Gangsters appeared at the ending scene of the fourteenth episode. A sudden gangster appearance in the background of a green garden, drizzle and clear skies led to the breakdown of "Love Rain".

This was unexpected even by writer Oh Soo-yeon. A member of staff told Sports Hanguk on the 9th, ",It is true everyone felt odd after reading the scripts for the thirteenth and fourteenth episodes. It wasn't Oh Soo-yeon's style and the odd characters (gangsters) were out of place. We messed with them subject at hand to ventilate the viewers' surrounding's a bit".

The frequent kiss scenes in the drama also gave the viewers discomfort.

Another member of staff explained, "There were suggestions that elements of a romantic comedy should be input in the drama recently. But the sudden appearance of love scene between Joon and Ha-na actually caused a counter-effect".

"Love Rain" which has continuously failed to make a hit is being criticized of not being able to 'utilize' Jang Geun-seok and Yoona well enough to meet their reputation for acting.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Guest prettyoungthing

@nus711 - The drama really has no problem. I believe its more on "GREAT EXPECTATIONS" from the "GREAT PERSONALITIES" involved in this drama such that little details which for most are immaterial are simply magnified. Reading the article it again connects it to low "ratings". Admittedly, the only FLAW of the drama is its "ratings" such that its the only overly used and abused term when talking about LR, the rest being FLAWLESS. However, with its demand internationally, Love Rain has just picked up its redeeming value and lost pride.

The bottom line is, people wants it to be PERFECT, and i pity the entire LR casts & crew to have that burden upon their shoulders. Love Rain may not be perfect but EXCELLENCE is not farfetched.

:w00t: I was surprised one time while in the restroom when i hear people discussing LR and they were still as i assume on the 70s era but was already enjoying the drama with gusto. One even commented that wait till you reached the 2012 period. It made me feel proud and happy. These people ages from 30s up, not EELS or SONEs but merely KDRAMA fanatics.

Love Rain is a drama with lessons to be learned, and one of these which many would say a cliche but is a FACT and generally applicable to whatever race and culture:

"That the PAST affects our PRESENT and FUTURE."

Simple yet its blindingly true.

Archived