If kept
Do not miss
Do not miss me back
In the world
So you can find me
If I could turn back again
If I could turn back again ...

credit article LINK

The JoongAng Ilbo had an interview with the actress on her way to becoming a star.

Q. All your successful pieces are historical dramas. Wasn't it hard to act in historical dramas?

photo202955.jpg

Moon Chae-won as Princess Se-ryeong in the TV drama "The Princess' Man". Provided by KBS

A. It was very awkward to use the ancient slang they used in the past. What was more difficult was acting as King Sejo's daughter, Princess Se-ryeong in the TV drama. I thought, was it possible or normal to disobey one's dad and ignore one's position as princess at that time? It was difficult to act out unacceptable behavior with a determination to protect love, which is not seen every day.

One of the hottest issues about "The Princess' Man" was Se-ryeong's maturation from girl to lady and her changes in fashion.

The hanbok (traditional Korean apparel) was all made for Se-ryung's character. Some days I would change clothes more than 10 times - we paid that much attention to her attire. At first they used many accessories to show her bright appearance as a girl who grew up in a good home. Then after abandoning her position as princess, they stopped using any accessories. Clothing was suddenly very simple for her. When going through a tough time, there is no one to decorate or stylize you. That's what they wanted to convey.

"Princess' Man" ended with a tone of hope. Did you expect that?

Whether it will end with a tragedy or a happy ending, no one knew or planned at first. But the people who act out these characters in the drama feel their characters in their hearts. Acting out Se-ryeong's depression for so long, you have no idea how happy I was on the last day of filming - Se-ryeong and Seung-yu ended up together. With the last scene I was finally able to let Se-ryeong go from my heart, happily.

That you are not shaken by the thoughts or criticisms of others likens you to Se-ryeong.

I don't think I can match up to Se-ryeong in terms of how to love a person. Would I be able to risk my life for love? In reality, I'm not sure that would be possible for anyone. But in terms of being steadfast and determined, I guess we are very alike. Since middle school I have practiced art, and in university I majored in Western art - but when I got it in my mind that I really wanted to act, I could not bear it and just dropped out of school. My parents were extremely against it, but I wanted to do what I love, and I wanted it to have meaning.

By Im Ju-ri

Source : koreajoongangdaily.jo...

excerpt from credit LINK

Having just wrapped up filming for her KBS 2TV Mon-Tue drama ‘Good Doctor’, actress Moon Chae Won has revealed in an interview that she has no plans on getting married for now.

When asked about marriage, Moon Chae Won said, “I am 28 this year, and feel that it’s still too early for that. Young people these days get married at a later age, because they want to focus on their work. And naturally, they go over 30 years old when marriage happens.”

Moreover, Moon Chae Won once said to her mother, “I don’t feel that I am immature, but I behave like a child, and I don’t feel like I’m an adult. Many people that I know would tell me that I don’t look like I’m 28, and I should take the opportunity when I am young and have the passion to do more stuff. They say that when one gets on in age, they will lose a lot of their desire and passion, and ask me to put in more effort when I am still young.”

When asked if she had thoughts of trying out a similar to that of Son Ye Jin, Moon Chae Won replied, “That is a role that doesn’t require you to be of a certain age, so I have thought about what it would be like if I was to act in it. There are many productions that revolves around the emotions of Koreans, crime, thriller, pity, and pain. But I hope to just admire such productions for now.”

“I have intentions of filming movies, but it isn’t easy to meet with a role that I am pleased with. I met with a good role through the movie ‘War of the Arrows’ at a right time. I still wish that I was a member of that movie now. I do have pressure, but I wanted to give my best effort as a member of the production. I really picked up a lot of things at that time. But I do not have the capability to be the lead of an entire movie just yet.”

Finally, Moon Chae Won said, “I had intentions of filming ‘Late Autumn’, and become the female lead to move the story forward in the movie.”

By: Park Jin Yong

Copyright@KpopFighting.com

credit article LINK .... excerpt

By Korea Star Daily | Kpop Fighting – Tue, Dec 11, 2012 9:29 AM PHT

"I wrapped up filming for 'The Princess's Man' on October 4th last year, and this year it was November 15th. I began my rest from January of this year, and I craved to return to work in March. It was only in June that I received the script for 'Nice Guy'. Looking back, I had to wait for 6 months before finding new work. I guess I must push forward my considerations by looking at scripts earlier. When December comes, I have to consider the work that I will be doing in January."

I have always thought of Moon Chae Won to be a quiet and elegant girl, but after the interview, I find to be a bubbly and cheerful girl. She kept smiling throughout the interview, and was so serious and passionate when we talked about acting. This makes me wonder how did she grow so fast?

With regards to the 'Best Couple' award, Moon Chae Won said, "I never thought of winning something. But a 'Best Couple' award is nice, because it's a recognition of our work. I will feel really good if we manage to win it, and I will definitely thank everyone for that."

article credit LINK and art credit LINK

#6 is the controversial showbiz “Park Si Hoo scandal”.  In March [ED: it's February, Goddamnit! The K-media can't even get their facts straight!] Park Si Hoo was accused of rape by an aspiring actress A and the case dragged on for several months.  After A withdrew her charges, finally in July the related case of his former agency was dismissed as “No suspicion”.

park_shi_hoo_by_underground_34-d4jhhh8.j

photo credit LINK

article credit LINK 9 December 2013

Park Shi Hoo to possibly make a comeback in Japan

There are signs that Park Shi Hoo could be restarting his stalling career in Japan.

The December 9th episode of MBC TV ‘Entertainment Plus’ did a compilation of major events that happened in the past year, which included Park Shi Hoo’s major scandal.

Park Shi Hoo had been charged with sexual assault against a female trainee in her 20s in February of this year. But the charges against Park Shi Hoo was later dropped after the alleged victim withdrew her complaint in May, although Park’s reputation had already taken a severe beating by then.

Park Shi Hoo has been in indefinite hiatus since the incident, and he has not make any indications regarding a possible comeback. But it’s said that Japanese fans have been making numerous requests for him to return, and Park Shi Hoo is apparently planning for a photography exhibition in Japan. But it’s unconfirmed as yet on whether Park will appear in person at the exhibition.

The incident had left a huge blemish on Park Shi Hoo’s reputation, so it’s far too early to be discussing about his comeback for now. But as Park Shi Hoo was never charged in court, nor implicated by any means, there really isn’t any society problems for him in the first place.

By: Jo Hae Jin

Copyright@KpopFighting.com

viewimage.php?id=3dafd928e6d72bb551b4&no

article credit LINK

The Top Kdrama Issues Of 2013: Part One

by Joan MacDonald   Dec 10, 2013 02:46 PM EST

Park Shi Hoo earned attention in 2013, both for his acting and the long-lasting scandal that may have permanently tarnished his name.

Then in February, an aspiring actress known only as "A" dined with Park Shi Hoo and mutual friends. She then returned to his home, spent the night, and a shortly thereafter accused him of rape. Park Shi Hoo claimed the sex was consensual. The police filed charges against the actor, who in turn countersued the woman and his former manager. He believed that his former manager and the woman conspired to extort money from him and ruin his reputation. The agent countersued Park Shi Hoo for damaging his reputation.

Although the case had not yet been tried, in April, the controversy resulted in his name being taken off the list of contenders for the annual Baeksang Awards. Before his name was removed, he led the popularity poll for male film actors with 47 percent of the votes for his role in the movie "Confession of Murder." The television  networks decided not to ban him and await the outcome of the trial.

Although parties in the case deny that a settlement was reached, "A" suddenly dropped her suit against the actor in May. As a result the police had to dismiss their charges against him. A did not explain why she dropped the charges. Besides rumors of a settlement, there was some evidence that she discussed asking Park Shi Hoo for money.

That same month "Confession of a Murder" was released in Japan.

Although Park Shi Hoo dropped his lawsuit against A and his former agent, the agent was not so quick to settle. He requested an apology. That case was finally resolved by mediation. Park Shi Hoo thanked his fans for their support and spent a few months in California, considering foreign film and drama offers. In September he returned to Korea. In October he was nominated for a rookie award at the 50th Grand Bell Awards for his role in "I Am A Murderer." The rookie award was seen as a small step toward reviving his career.

Only those who were present can know whether or not it was rape. And they had reasons to disagree about what happened. Whether the incident was rape or an extortion attempt it does show how easily an actor's reputation can be harmed.

© 2013 KDramaStars.com All right reserved.

article credit LINK ...... excerpt

The Ten Best Kdrama Couples In 2013

by Joan MacDonald   Dec 10, 2013 03:58 PM EST

Deciding which kdrama couples were best is not the same as deciding on the best drama. A drama could be a critical or ratings flop and still feature charismatic actors with plenty of chemistry. Here are a few that made our heart flutter:

9. Joo Won plays a savant yet socially inept doctor in "Good Doctor." Because of his disability, it's hard for people to accept his skills. But it's also a brave move for Moon Chae Won to love him and accept him for exactly who he is.

article credit LINK

The Luckiest Actors in 2013

by Joan MacDonald   Dec 08, 2013 02:52 PM EST

Drama producers recently voted on who the luckiest actors were in 2013, but perhaps luck has less to do with it than having a knack for roles that would appeal to the public.

Lee Da Hee got three votes for shining in both "Secrets" and "I Hear Your Voice." Runners-up included Gong Hyo Jin, Han Ji Hye, Moon Chae Won and Ha Ji Won.

Archived