[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest szufontana

Annyeong~~

I'm sure all the HUNTERS are somehow excited after watching the ending. Good drama deserves high rating! Congrats to Minho and all CH team ^_^

*quoted image*

source: dc

^^ You've worked so hard Minho aah and now it's for you to enjoy your free time. Take care~

Thanks for the pic. ^_^

By the way, anyone spotted PMY?

Got a question for those people who wants a season 2.

In season 2, what story do you REALLY want to see? The continuation of CH's fight against corrupt/bad people or the love story between YS and NN? or both?

Would City Hunter be the City Hunter we have come to love if it's just a love story?

Sorry, I think not. For one, I wouldn't watch it. blush.gif

Guest peppermint_fairy
Guest smokegetsinyoureyes

someone pointed this out on tumblr, i can't remember who though (sorry, but credit to whoever did! ) but in the scene where ahjussi and yoonsung's mom were packing their luggage, an orange suitcase was seen with the packed stuff. and as it turns out, this suitcase shows up again in the airport scene with nana rolling it behind her. so it looks like our couple did get back together and lived together before ahjussi and mama went to the states, with nana accompanying. seeing this makes me feel that the airport scene was nana returning from the u.s. since she's alone and reuniting with yoonsung (who i'd like to think came to pick her up)

and since we don't really know for sure, let's just say yoonsung is driving by himself in the car at the end so that his pregnant fiance/wife (i REFUSE to forget the ring) can rest at home. good ending, right? haha.

Thank you for this post.wink.gif

Bionic eyes. laugh.gif

2nlg5d0.png

1zvzlv4.png

hu24hz.png

Edit: 

The thought of Nana going to the US with ajussi and YS's mom makes me giddy and her coming back to Korea to reunite with YS makes me happy. Im quite satisfied,  thank you!:D 

Guest gtlatte

012_%289%29.jpg

The PD's explanation of the ending is exactly how I interpret it although there was an initial reaction of "WTH" excl.gif is this but then after careful reconsideration of the scene and knowing that Yong-Sung was not shot right at the heart, he shouldn't & couldn't have died. Plus, if his mum has known his death she would not have agreed to go to US. Therefore I never thought the last scene was a Yong-Sung ghost...(Lee Min-Ho looked really good with the black shirt & pants too!)

As for the ending scene where he drove his car on the road indicates to me that "the Journey of the City Hunter continues..."

BUT...

I can also interpret this another way i.e.  it's just ONE last time to promote for Hyundai sponsoring City Hunter the cars. HAHAHA!

LOL..your second interpretation might be correct after all, check this out: hyundai blog (Lee Min Ho looks really good with the metallic blue jacket in the interview too!) But, can anyone kindly translate the interview please? Thank you!

Annyeong~~

I'm sure all the HUNTERS are somehow excited after watching the ending. Good drama deserves high rating! Congrats to Minho and all CH team ^_^

*quoted image*

source: dc

^^ You've worked so hard Minho aah and now it's for you to enjoy your free time. Take care~

Thanks for posting the picture! :D It's nice to see Daddy Jin Pyo smiling! but where is Park Min Young??

Guest Ji-Oh

But whatever happened to Creepy Stalker Lackey -who was tied up in YoonSung's basement? That's what I really want to know...

Thanks for the pic. ^_^

By the way, anyone spotted PMY?

PMY, I think is half-hidden behind Da-hee's head :P

Would City Hunter be the City Hunter we have come to love if it's just a love story?

Sorry, I think not. For one, I wouldn't watch it. blush.gif

Yeah, really the love story angle isn't very much compared to the revenge story, so I'm not really bummed about the lack of kisses or whatever... (they could have done one at the end, I suppose...)

this has been an amazing journey for all of us... i'ts like yesterday when this drama ended and i'm having withdrawal syndrome right now.. I'm not going to say goodbye to this drama cause I'm really really hoping for season 2... but right now i want to thank you, all you HUNTERS for being so amazing. it's a pleasure to share this thrilling experience with all of you...*sigh*  How am I going to spend my wednesdays and thursdays now? 

Guest MC_Lee

That was a beautiful ending. It was short and ssweet but cut to the chase.

I'm glad NaNa and Yoon Sung were able to move on with their lives.

love this drama, and may all of you who have watched it be satisfied with it too. :D

Guest midnight348

Hello! I've been a silent reader on this thread for some time now. This drama has definitely been so awesome and definitely made my wednesdays and thursdays =) by any chance, does anyone know if the instrumental which was played during the confrontation between YS and Jin Pyo has been released yet? It's been used quite alot for dramatic moments I think, especially during the last few eps. It was also played in the scene when YJ nearly saw YS but Na Na pulled him into the room just in time. Any help would be much appreciated! =) been trying so hard to find it!

Also, about the ending with YS driving away alone in the car....I think it was a way of portraying the closure to this epic journey. YS driving away is like him leaving this chapter of his life and heading towards a new start in the States. The fact that he's alone is because this is the City Hunter's story and the City Hunter's closure, so, having Na Na in the car wouldn't make sense in that aspect. I'd also like to think that Nana dragging a suitcase behind her when she saw YS meant that she would be going with YS to the States as well where the couple can have a fresh start. Although it would have been nice to watch the couple have a more physically intimate moment in the last ep, i agree that it just wouldn't be appropriate after all the stuff they've been through. Both probably need time to heal before they can be together properly, The smile and the look they gave one another is definitely a sign that that possibility is certain in the near future and I can be happy with that haha. I can't say I'd mind if they did a special on their lives 2 years later or smth and YS can maybe produce that ring he was supposed to give to Nana hehehe.

Guest myphim

Personally, the more I think about it, the more I love the ending. The ending is like a combination of happy, sad and open ending all wrap up into one. It is up to the viewers' interpretations and how each of us wants it to end.

Well, it's been a very fun ride and I will always miss City Hunter. My only wish now is for a season 2.

Love you so much City Hunter.

Thank you everyone for your recaps, translations, music videos, and especially your good/bad opinions of the show. It makes this journey so much fun.

hello to all HUNTERS!! ^_^

first stop CONGRATS to this series as it concludes on a high, maintaining its ratings until the finale.. I haven't watched it though.. I know, so LATE! But our blog will definitely post a finale for this.. so hope you watch out for it.. in the meantime, while everyone is still on the withdrawal mode, I'd like to share my thoughts on Episodes 17 and 18.. as always, comments are love at couch kimchi :wub:

BTW, I am so proud of Lee Min Ho!! He has shown tremendous growth in his acting skills.. so kudos!! until your next drama oppa!!

CHcq.jpg

Guest szufontana

But whatever happened to Creepy Stalker Lackey -who was tied up in YoonSung's basement? That's what I really want to know...

PMY, I think is half-hidden behind Da-hee's head :P

Yeah, really the love story angle isn't very much compared to the revenge story, so I'm not really bummed about the lack of kisses or whatever... (they could have done one at the end, I suppose...)

Ji-Oh, I'm sure Ahjusshi released McCreepy since he had been rehabilitated. And I'm certain Ahjusshi sent him off with a pot of hot soup, some fried chicken and a copy of the self-help book he had been reading to him.

We'll see McCreepy at some Assassins Anonymous meeting helping others to be rehabilitated I'm sure. :rolleyes:

I have always been a silent reader, however, after watching City Hunter, would like to express my feelings towards the drama.

Like most viewers, I love the drama very much and surely will miss it every Wednesday and Thursday. The script, the director and the leading roles YS, Nana,YJ, etc have done a great job! MinHo did improve a lot in his acting skill, hope to watch his next drama soon :rolleyes:

This is indeed one of the few best drama in 2011 I recently watched. :rolleyes:

Guest saracoco

After reading all posts...., yeah I am a freak! I think that YS was waiting for Na Na's return...and of course she returned! As for the smiling part I think Na Na smiled at him because he came back to her side like he promised her and now both of them are happy together and live in the states-----> YS new Batman from US!

I wish they make a special ep with a ending that makes me feel like it ended right now I feel like come on one more episode please >.< This can't be the end! 20 episodes 1 little kiss >.< that's mean!

Guest farhah1986

I'm glad that I decided to watch this drama when Lee min Ho was cast in this drama.many of you will think I watch this drama merely because I'm his fan or because I watch his drama before...but no,none of it is the reason I want to watch this drama.The reason I want to watch it because of the storyline,i've never read the comic so I'm not expect it to be same.At that time I'm trying to watch quite a heavy drama in the midst of rom-com drama.After all a;though LMH become popular because of drama BOF,truthfully I've never finish watch that drama but I do realize among the boys in that drama,LMH indeed has some aura or charismatic presence on screen.One more thing it maybe because of out of curiosity to watch LMH in action drama.Although I heard so many negative response once the first trailer air,I've never try to judge this drama until it start to air.And thank goodness,its so good and exceed my expectation.I've never thought it will be this good. 

i think the highlight in this drama is not about YS relationship with nana instead his journey to become a real hero.And I really love YS and JP dynamic as father and son.Like someone else said before,BLOOD IS NOT THICKER THAN WATER.At first I thought YS will be torn to choose between his bio father or JP instead he's choosing to sacrifice himself.the moment JP admit his crime infront of everyone and admit himself as CITY HUNTER,I know that JP indeed loving YS as his own son.More than anything else,JP once again sacrifice himself to save YS(the first one in first ep where he lost his leg).Actually for YS himself no matter what his daddy JP has done his love for JP never change.While for JP,when he is preparing YS to take the cruelest revenge... unknown to him,YS has become part of his life and the most precious person to him.With so many daddy issues,in the end Jin Pyo has become the true father for YS and will do whatever it takes to protect him.Even P being YS real father not doing this for him.The bittersweet moment between YS and JP when they face off is my favorite moment in this drama.We can see through their eyes unconditional love between them.I'm sos sad especially when YS try to reach JP hand.I cried so hard when I watch it,Their bond as father and son is just so strong despite everything that has happen.I'd love to see them again in other project.

I like how YS not waver although he know that P is his real father..Its not change his principle instead he's pursuing his cause.

You know what after this drama...I'm completely has become Lee Min Ho fans and I will remember Lee Yun Sung for quite long.I wonder when will he take up another project because I'don't think he will; take up any project as soon as this drama finish.

Guest dramaok

Best Drama of 2011.

this is the drama to beat!

it leaves me a bit sexually artistically frustrated.

HOWEVER. that is not the point as lots of you said. and touche on that one.

i think it's because some of us were too romantically innocent (hahaha) so we were easily led on

by the sizzling chemistry between Nana and Yoonsung and that sizzle went straight to the head,

leaving the head bigger than a balloon and full of delusional sexual artistic imaginations.

this is what i walked away from this drama:

1. life is full of choice, but sometimes it's not your choice to make.

2. if you make a choice, you have to face the consequence.

3. Lee Min Ho is hot.

4. Lee Min Ho is handsome.

5. Lee Min Ho has a hot richard simmons.

6. Lee Min Ho has great teeth.

7. Lee Min Ho has a smile that melts.

8. Lee Min Ho has long legs and long limbs in general.

9. Lee Min Ho must smell nice.

10. Lee Min Ho must *cough* nice too.

well i think i still have too much air in my head,

but i really hope to see Lee Min Ho again soon.

I know PMY has a drama coming out later this year!

That girl seems like the luckiest girl who gets the hottest men kissing her,

but the truth is, she really works so hard and she's well-deserving of the kisses.

i havent' seen Lee Min Ho in a sageuk (historical drama) and would love to see him in something like campus fushion SKKS.

the original novel author of SKKS has a drama coming out early next year, Moon that Conceals (Embraces) the Sun.

i really hope they can cast him. it'll be a new challenge and it's my personal fav. type of romance, set in old era in poetic language.

Thanks everyone in this thread!

some pics to share, from Daum Telzone.

cd2b1.jpg

83245223.jpg

13118717192011072901510.jpg

13118717192011072901510.jpg

65381832.jpg

Guest webby

Just read from baidu, they said last scene where YS driving alone is same as the scene from episode 4 where YS want to go and save NN at the restaurant. I've check and it really same... the person who notice really have good eyes... :D

i'm bummed they didn't use the scene where the car sped off into the horizon at super speed instead of the veloster seemingly about to be trapped by traffic. Would have made a cleaner and better ending somehow. That aside, I have enjoyed this entire ride with City Hunter tremendously starting from the day they announced the remake of drama with Lee Min Ho up til the last episode. I think the last 2 episodes led towards a brilliant and impactful ending that really solidifies the drama's status amongst others in its genre. I was all for the drama and eager to watch the hero in making trump out the baddies, but in the end was more emotionally involved with how they dealt with the relationship between YJ and YS, and YS and JP. I think that IS the highlight of the drama plus they managed to achieve all that in the last two epis, i'm overwhelmingly pleasantly surprised. Kudos to the scriptwriters and actors who were able to bring out so many elements and give life and blood to the characters. RIP LJP and KYJ. And as for LYS, he will forever be a legend.

Guest IconiQue

It's so sad that City Hunter has to end...The best drama to watch for 2011. Lee Min Ho did a great job in portraying LYS as the City Hunter...I will definitely look forward onto his future dramas and movies. WE WILL SURELY MISS CITY HUNTER... ^^

Guest saracoco

Best Drama of 2011.

this is the drama to beat!

it leaves me a bit sexually artistically frustrated.

HOWEVER. that is not the point as lots of you said. and touche on that one.

i think it's because some of us were too romantically innocent (hahaha) so we were easily led on

by the sizzling chemistry between Nana and Yoonsung and that sizzle went straight to the head,

leaving the head bigger than a balloon and full of delusional sexual artistic imaginations.

this is what i walked away from this drama:

1. life is full of choice, but sometimes it's not your choice to make.

2. if you make a choice, you have to face the consequence.

3. Lee Min Ho is hot.

4. Lee Min Ho is handsome.

5. Lee Min Ho has a hot richard simmons.

6. Lee Min Ho has great teeth.

7. Lee Min Ho has a smile that melts.

8. Lee Min Ho has long legs and long limbs in general.

9. Lee Min Ho must smell nice.

10. Lee Min Ho must *cough* nice too.

well i think i still have too much air in my head,

but i really hope to see Lee Min Ho again soon.

I know PMY has a drama coming out later this year!

That girl seems like the luckiest girl who gets the hottest men kissing her,

but the truth is, she really works so hard and she's well-deserving of the kisses.

i havent' seen Lee Min Ho in a sageuk (historical drama) and would love to see him in something like campus fushion SKKS.

the original novel author of SKKS has a drama coming out early next year, Moon that Conceals (Embraces) the Sun.

i really hope they can cast him. it'll be a new challenge and it's my personal fav. type of romance, set in old era in poetic language.

Thanks everyone in this thread!

some pics to share, from Daum Telzone.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

sweety you forgot that he can kiss hot :P

I really hope we get a season 2, movie or at least a special episode with a kiss! by the way wth happend to the ring? is it now less important or what?