Dance school near NTU, Taipei

Guest ladyv87

Guest ladyv87

Hi all,

I'm planning to improve my Chinese language skills in Taiwan at "Shi Da" (NTU, Mandarin Training Center). Does anyone have experience with this school? What's the amount of homework? Do lots of internationals study there?

Besides studying, does anyone happen to know if there's a dance school (hip hop) near Shi Da? 

Thnx for your replies... if there's any :P

Guest moodycaddy

if you meant 'shi da,' then it should be NTNU.

NTU is 'tai da.'

anyways, i've been meaning to go to taiwan this year to brush up on my mandarin also.

been researching around and let's just say that the right school depends on what you're targeting in your chinese learning.

for me, I want to focus more on speaking and conversational mandarin rather than learning the words and writing.

from what I've heard from a lot of people (on forums) is that NTNU gives you a limited opportunity to practice your speaking. and that your experience there all depends on the teacher you get. a lot of people said they got bad teachers and did not have a great learning experience. but there are some that said they got good teachers.

at first, i wanted to go to shi da too...but after the reviews... blush.gif don't know.

if you want something similar to shi da, i suggest you to look at CLC (chinese language centre) at NCCU. their reviews are better.

anyways, hope that helps. ^_^

ps. sorry don't know anything about the dance schools. :unsure:

Guest ladyv87

if you meant 'shi da,' then it should be NTNU.

NTU is 'tai da.'

anyways, i've been meaning to go to taiwan this year to brush up on my mandarin also.

been researching around and let's just say that the right school depends on what you're targeting in your chinese learning.

for me, I want to focus more on speaking and conversational mandarin rather than learning the words and writing.

from what I've heard from a lot of people (on forums) is that NTNU gives you a limited opportunity to practice your speaking. and that your experience there all depends on the teacher you get. a lot of people said they got bad teachers and did not have a great learning experience. but there are some that said they got good teachers.

at first, i wanted to go to shi da too...but after the reviews... blush.gif don't know.

if you want something similar to shi da, i suggest you to look at CLC (chinese language centre) at NCCU. their reviews are better.

anyways, hope that helps.  ^_^

ps. sorry don't know anything about the dance schools.  :unsure:

Thank you or the information! Yes, I mean NTNU. Hmm.. now I've to reconsider which university to go. I want to learn to speak Mandarin on business level. I'll look into NCCU.

When exactly are you planning to go to Taiwan?

Guest moodycaddy

I'm hoping to go for july-august.

i also want to find a job while at it. but i've been looking and so far have not found anything. <_<

Guest ladyv87

Well, I think a side-job as a waitress is easier to find...

Are you going to stay there for a year?

I plan to stay there for at least 6 months, and if it works out financially I'm gonna stay there for a year :) So I guess, I'll also need a job. But I don't like being a waitress, so hopefully there's a better job available... hehe

Archived