[Drama 2011] Paradise Ranch 파라다이스 목장

Guest gems

Guest Ellegirl

YOU ARE AWESOME ALEXUS FOR THE WRITTEN PREVIEWS! !! :D

In episode 9, I hope that they reveal what happened in their marriage. Because if they bring up the past of their marriage (like their feelings and whatnot) and not delve into why they split, I will be mad. I want to know all of it! And I love how telling this spoiler is. :D

Ep 9 & 10 Preview

credit: sment

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR THIS!

I am sooooooo excited for the Dong Joo-Da Ji scenes!

I'm still a bit put off by the series. The way they are dragging out the reason(s) behind Dong Joo and Da Ji's separation is more than a little frustrating. Now that it's been revealed that Yoon Ho is married/has been hiding things from Da Ji (well beyond his initial trickery from the first few episodes) the fact that she sticking by him like some love struck puppy makes any kind of intimate act between Dong Joo and Da Ji seem oddly pointless. What's worse is for all we know Da Ji has had more of a physical relationship with Yoon Ho than with her own ex-husband. Doesn't that seem strange to any one else? It can't just be me.

I still stick by an earlier comment about there being something a tad off about Dong Joo when he's with the opposite sex, it's as if his character is stuck in some immature (read: teenage phobia/girls have cooties) mindset.

I know to some extent whenever I broach the subject of their marriage/annulment posters generally bring up a form of debt or other circumstances for their separation but as far as I can tell the couple hasn't addressed the issue nor does it seem like they really intend to flush it out until the very last minute. We're about half way through the series now and they're (the writers) are still rather coy about it.

In the end these two will get back together I just kind of wish that whatever the writers had in store for them would pick up some speed, we're traveling at the speed of molasses.

Well, it is a k-drama. Most dramas (that are a bit cliched and not raved about) takes fooorreevveerrr to pick up speed (until it hits like the 14th episode or whatever). Let's hope it picks up speed soon.

I totally agree that it's strange that Da Ji doesn't seem to have a physical relationship with Dong Joo even though they were married. They act like little kids giggling when they approach the subject of sex. It's like they never had the "sex" talk. But for me, I don't bother speculating about it because I know the show will not address this. Even though we are put off by how they seem in the scenes, it's not the type of information that the writers thinks the audience needs. It's beyond frustrating, but I let it go.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ranchers...

Ellegirl thanks for posting your thought is exactly the same with mine I think PR is one of a beautiful story line it doesn't need to get to that point!!!

I love to see Daji and Dongju trying to hide their feeling the more they try the less they get?? It doesn't matter whether they did not spend a night together in the past their future is far more important and more precious..this is what I want to see

in the preview Daji and YH..together I never thought about it but the writter is giving me a big surprise!! may be it just a dream!

if it is real I still prefer the night Daji and Dongju both got drunk it is funny..and cute

anyway nice to read everybody's thought...

I feel sorry for Ajossi TT because he is not bad gay, but in the end he will be abandoned =(((((( bibibi TT cryyyyyy

I agree.. Although it's early to tell, but Yoon Ho Ahjussi isn't showing any evil signs on him. I think he has a nice character and he really likes DaJi a lot. He likes DaJi maybe because of her ultimately bright character and warm feel that he was not able to see on his ex-wife. Well, this is just what i thought, ok, so guys, please don't freak out.. So, if he will remain nice till the end i would really feel bad because we all know that the DJ couple will eventually get back together.

I believe everyone here is excited to know the real score about the DJ couple's past. I am as psyched as you are. Watching the preview for the next episode made me even more excited. I think the big reveal will be in these episodes, so don't fret everyone. Let's cross our fingers and look forward them to reunite. :wub:

I have watched EP7, I like the "sleeping" scene where they are both awaken. Its very hilarious that they pretend not to know their sleeping position and how to get up. They are both happy and both grateful just like when they receive letter of approval from the residents. However, Dong Joo gets angry everytime DAJI arrives home very late.

ALEXUS, I'm still shock in EP13-14 of My Princess passionate kissing scene of SSH & KTH. They acted as if they are real couple. I hope this kissing scene will be seen from Dong Joo and DA JI soon.

Besides, I haate Dong Joo kissing his girlfried and I don't want DA JI to be kiss by that AJUSSi either. That kiss should be reserve for them only. (Sorry for my selfishness).

Guest happipplrock

I've been up to episode 5 so for on PR and I'm seriously rooting against the main couple.

I like Dong Joo and Jin Young so much more. I'm pretty sure there not going to end up together but their moments are so much more entertaining.

Besides, I haate Dong Joo kissing his girlfried and I don't want DA JI to be kiss by that AJUSSi either. That kiss should be reserve for them only. (Sorry for my selfishness).

I share with you the same selfishness. Especially about Daji and Ajussi (as you can see, I really dislike him).

I can't wait to them to stay together, they need to realise their feelings for each other soon, otherwise I'm gonna die from angst.

I hope after the scene where DongJoo asks why she didn't didn't call all those years they have THE talk and they start to see their true feelings.

2 days left to monday :D

Ck1Oz: that is so amazing you are one of the mods at Vikii!!!! I never knew. Wow. Thank you for dropping us the fangirl spazz worthy goodies on the previous page!!!!! You are always welcome anytime. Can't be serious all the time right?? ;) come often and go crazy!!! I would totally love that!!!!

I see the tone of the thread is becoming a mixed bag of emotions, thoughts and discussions here. I personally think the thread is a place to share and discuss. Not everyone will be on the same page, feelings or views. That is what makes a thread great. If we all agreed it would be pretty bland. So don't be worried about sharing and posting. I think we are mature enough here to be open minded I hope???Sometimes when we disagree it might be taken the wrong way but as long as we keep it polite and courteous it should be okay. I really do not want to deter away any of the members with negative votes. As long as it isn't offensive we should be kind.

Okay. Enough serious talk!!!! I can't wait for monday!!!!!! It seems like each episode is getting better and better. Aja-Aja paradise ranch!!!

Raewonkim:oh my. I haven't seen MP 13+14 yet. Still on holidays. Can't wait!!! Well I am a Da-Dong fan so am not looking forward to any passionate kissing unless it is of the main couple. However if it is a passage we must cross to get there I will just bear it for now. Short term pain for long term gain is something I can totally accept.

In EP8, I laughed on the "table" scene wherein DONG JOO and DAJI is gesturing and texting with each other. DONG JOO cares for DA JI so much that he hated that AJUSSI still pouring wine to DA JI's glass. DONG YOO was fascinated on the new look of DA JI but of course he just keep it to himself because he is jealous with that AJUSSI.

The arguments ended up by DONG YOO criticizing the looks of that Ajussi and DA JI criticising the looks of his girlfriend.

I HATED it so much the kissing scene between DA JI and that AJUSSI. I feel sorry for DONG JOO.

I'm still a bit put off by the series. The way they are dragging out the reason(s) behind Dong Joo and Da Ji's separation is more than a little frustrating. Now that it's been revealed that Yoon Ho is married/has been hiding things from Da Ji (well beyond his initial trickery from the first few episodes) the fact that she sticking by him like some love struck puppy makes any kind of intimate act between Dong Joo and Da Ji seem oddly pointless. What's worse is for all we know Da Ji has had more of a physical relationship with Yoon Ho than with her own ex-husband. Doesn't that seem strange to any one else? It can't just be me.

I still stick by an earlier comment about there being something a tad off about Dong Joo when he's with the opposite sex, it's as if his character is stuck in some immature (read: teenage phobia/girls have cooties) mindset.

I know to some extent whenever I broach the subject of their marriage/annulment posters generally bring up a form of debt or other circumstances for their separation but as far as I can tell the couple hasn't addressed the issue nor does it seem like they really intend to flush it out until the very last minute. We're about half way through the series now and they're (the writers) are still rather coy about it.

In the end these two will get back together I just kind of wish that whatever the writers had in store for them would pick up some speed, we're traveling at the speed of molasses.

I have to agree and disagree with you.

It is funny how sexual this drama is but when it comes to the main couple it's like a kinder garden story.

This drama is the strangest drama I have ever watched...May be because Changmin is the first idol acting in drama that I like so much...I have more than five years of TVXQ fandom behind my back and almost all of them are filled with drolling over the boy...Pathetic but fact. So seeing him to act in drama is something unfamiliar to me(why I had no problem with Chunnie ot Jae or Yunnie-no idea).

The last four episodes I watched without subs so if I missed smth, please, correct me.

I don't like Lee Yoon Hee...Ever since Millionaire's first love I have something against her but I believe this is not the reason for me to do no like her character. She is like...An imbecile? There is no logic in her actions...Even not so good from acting point DoonJo is better than DaJi. From everything I saw till now, she is the one who initiated the divorce...

They had problems(they were kids after all) and his parents, his father actually, were against all of this so the big bad daddy had a serious conversation with his daughter in law about her bad influence on his perfect son. So she thought  and decide that it is better for both of them to get a divorce...Great thinking but our boy misunderstood this and felt betrayed and alone, he started hating her and turned into a spoiled rich kid. Sounds pretty probable to me.

Why I think like this?  Cause DongJoo is the one who has more anger, he is the one with serious problems with the oposite sex, he is the one who seems hurt. DaJi looks guilty. And it is normal, when your first love betrays you, it sucks. And after this the story with Yoo Hana(HOW CAN YOU REJECT MINNIE, WOMAN, U CRAZY?).He is kinda screwed .If it is the oposite...Well she is an imbecile. 

Yet, the way she treats not only the men, but the people in her life...I do not find it optimistic and nice but idiotic. C'mon woman, act like a 24-5-6 years old, show some self respect and use ur brain for at least 10 seconds. 

About the physical contact...Come on, even for six months...They were like 18 and 17(or 16) by western years, I do not expect a lot of sex from them and even if they had...They started their marriage and relationship with the idea to be romantic and sweet but probably realized taht it is not so sweet. They were kids. And the divorce hurt both of them I suppose. C'mon, when I found that my bf was cheating on me I couldn't even kiss another man for about 4-5 months. And marriage is something bigger. So this is not so strange for me...

I can't believe I am saying this but YoonHo(cause of Yunnie's name) is damn annoying. Not only he does not seem do be honest but...If he is real he is even more annoying. I hate his type. And married... 

I want them do speed up to no because I want to see Minnie kissing this woman but if they don't Yoon Hee's character will look like the dumbest and most ridiculous easy woman *i can't use the word with W here right* in the history of the Korean dramas.

hi ranchers, FIRST TIME posting here, and I really read these thread from page 1 up to here :)

I want to say thanks for all updates and for ALL who share spoilers/pics/translations! :)

I am about to watch ep 1 and 2 after my post and will decide if I'll finish the next episodes at one go! :)

I can also see some princesses and princes here from MP thread! Hi!!! :D

and to alexus, you're a HEAVEN SENT here! :rolleyes:

hi ranchers, FIRST TIME posting here, and I really read these thread from page 1 up to here :)

I want to say thanks for all updates and for ALL who share spoilers/pics/translations! :)

I am about to watch ep 1 and 2 after my post and will decide if I'll finish the next episodes at one go! :)

I can also see some princesses and princes here from MP thread! Hi!!! :D

and to alexus, you're a HEAVEN SENT here! :rolleyes:

So glad to see you here!!! I know you are very busy with the MP thread so any thoughts and insight would be awesome!!!! In the beginning I was cringing with Changmin's acting but somehow he grows on ya. An adorkable naive guy who is awkward with females but has a heart of gold. A drama totally different from Secret Garden and MP but I am not watching the drama with same type of critical analysis like we had for SG. The depth and intensity is very different but I am enjoying the drama for what it is. Light hearted Rom-Com. Nothing more and nothing less. Can't wait to read what you think. :D

Semi-fly: thank you for your posts!!!! I totally get where u are coming from. I don't know a lot about the writer-nim but you are right. There are some character flaws and the story line is very odd at times. Sometimes it does seem like a very light hearted romantic teen angst comedy then with YH and ex wife showing up then it seems more like mature adult genre. Not sure if they are trying to draw viewers from multiple age groups but for mature viewers DongJoo and DaJi storyline can seem very immature,unrealistic and far fetched. If they are trying to cater to a young audience then the YH+DaJi+ Ex seem a little too intense and serious or even creepy. Is it BOF or is it a weekend adult drama?? Make up your minds.

The storyline is moving slowly but I am used to the typical k-drama drag and ka-boom. I am just being more patient then norm at this point. However after this week's eps if we are still moving at the pace of watching paint dry, I am sure there will be a lot more annoyed viewers and I am no exception.

DongJoo's complex with females in general and intimacy are very real. I think that maybe the character he is meant to portray?? Not sure. A shy teen married his highschool sweetie but scarred very deeply with the betrayal of divorce. He has issues even as an adult but during the 6 months of marriage nothing intimate even happened. Is this realistic? Probably not. He's had poor role models to begin with. Look at his Dad and Mom. I really don't see any passion or love there at all. He took 3 years to confess and still having issues with intimacy at this age? Very odd indeed but if he is meant to be this character there is nothing we can do about this. I have just decided to accept this fact and move on. But I do understand where you are coming from :) I am just keeping my opinion and thoughts light and fluffy that's all. But I do greatly appreciate your views tremendously so thanks semi-fly!!!

I don't like much EP8 because scenes were mostly that Ajussi and DA JI. What I like most is DONG JOO and DA JI scenes even if they always quarrel and shouting with each other. For me that's the only way me they can freely express their sentiments towards each other which probably they were not able to do it during those time of marriage.

hi ranchers

another intense episode is airing tomorrow I can't wait to see Daji's reaction to YH!! I am sure it is the most difficult time for Daji she gonna test her feeling toward YH whether it is strong enough to be with him and leave my lovely Dongju forever...this is the first time after their broke up but if she choose YH she will loose Dongju for sure

can Daji see Dongju walk away from her?? I want this tough time goes to Daji why?? I want her to realize how much she love Dongju when Dongju already did

well it is just my thought

PR Fighting

Guest *`xiuzhen

Thank you fellow ranchers for all the updates, discussions, etc...alexus, thank you for your episode summaries! I have yet to catch up on the episodes and have a good read through all the posts but I will soon! Can't believe we're already just passed the halfway mark for this drama...so fast.

One of the things I love about this drama, is its' OST! The songs and instrumentals are so fitting ^_^

[☆] Various Artists - Paradise Ranch OST

So glad to see you here!!! I know you are very busy with the MP thread so any thoughts and insight would be awesome!!!! In the beginning I was cringing with Changmin's acting but somehow he grows on ya. An adorkable naive guy who is awkward with females but has a heart of gold. A drama totally different from Secret Garden and MP but I am not watching the drama with same type of critical analysis like we had for SG. The depth and intensity is very different but I am enjoying the drama for what it is. Light hearted Rom-Com. Nothing more and nothing less. Can't wait to read what you think. :D

Thanks.. yup.. these will be the last sunday before MP ends... :tears:

ANYWAY, as for PR, I just finished ep 6 and I am in ep 7 :)

lol!!! I watched ep 1 to 6 in one go! :)

Did my eyes confuse me?...

Changmin and Jerry Yan look alike...

I am really looking at his face specially when he's angry or

mad to anyone or to DJ... I am like, "Korean version of Jerry Yan, IS THAT YOU?!"

and can I be honest? I am rooting for the two male leads to DJ.. isn't it WEIRD FOR ME?

I am getting a blissful feeling when she's with Ahjussi and with Dong Joo...

and YooHana as JY.. she played the main lead for Lucky Star right? TWdrama.. and I loved her in that role of hers.. hoping that her role will suit her in these drama.. :)

looking forward for next episode... :)

Omitted

I agree that it is damn strange from my own perspective and even from the perspective of a ten years old girl but I can see some reasons behind it. Since you brought the matter with the parent example...DaJi has no mother but look at Doon Joo's father. Is this better? He is a witness of his own mothers pain and misfortune so I believe this has a big role in his character...And who knows? May be he has no confidence at all..m From what we have all seen his life is not a one with a purpose...He seems really passive to me if we exclude the anger he has in himself.

His anger and strange behavior around women is something I  can excuse but I cannot say the same about Da Ji's ignorance. She tries to act like nothing has ever happened, like their divorce was just another joke, like their marriage and all was just for fun, like she is not hurt but most important like Doon Joo is not hurt, like he has no right to act this way towards her. I understand and I really like the idea of two divorced people who can keep their relationship in a good way but...When u haven't heard with your ex for six years and he obviously has some strong negative feelings towards you, damn it, have some consciousness. I hate this type of characters and women and no free spirit excuses can make me like or understand them.

By the way, her behavior around men is even more strange. She has some idea of what she is supposed to do, of the way how the things worked but I have the feeling that the reality and her idea are two completely different things.

P.S. I really want to know if both of them are virgins XDDDDD

P.S. This drama makes me think only about sex issues, am I a pervert?

I don't like much EP8 because scenes were mostly that Ajussi and DA JI. What I like most is DONG JOO and DA JI scenes even if they always quarrel and shouting with each other. For me that's the only way me they can freely express their sentiments towards each other which probably they were not able to do it during those time of marriage.

I agree with you. The only scenes in this ep that I liked were the ones with our DJ couple, especially the one in the party with DongJoo fighting with Daji and the car's scene, DongJoo is so evil :D kkkkkk

hi ranchers

another intense episode is airing tomorrow I can't wait to see Daji's reaction to YH!! I am sure it is the most difficult time for Daji she gonna test her feeling toward YH whether it is strong enough to be with him and leave my lovely Dongju forever...this is the first time after their broke up but if she choose YH she will loose Dongju for sure

can Daji see Dongju walk away from her?? I want this tough time goes to Daji why?? I want her to realize how much she love Dongju when Dongju already did

well it is just my thought

PR Fighting

I really hope DongJoo keeps his promise about not meddling in Daji's life and just walks away from her as he did in the last scene in ep 8. That's the only way to her realise that if she chooses to stay to ajussi she's gonna lose DongJoo forever.

In the scene in the preview where they wake up together (again :wub: ) DongJoo seemed a little surprise, almost as if he didn't liked to see her facing her, as for Daji, she seemed sad looking at him, as if she was the one who decided to stay that close, staring at him... well, we'll see. :D hopefully monday is already at the corner. :D

Well... As a person who has nothing else to do... I made another video for our DJ couple, this one is more romantic... well, hope you guys like it. Please share your thoughts.

DJ COUPLE MUSIC VIDEO 2 - F*KIN' PERFECT

This is the other one

DJ COUPLE MUSIC VIDEO 1 - ECHO

P.S. I really want to know if both of them are virgins XDDDDD

P.S. This drama makes me think only about sex issues, am I a pervert?

To your first question I think the answer is a strong YES. There is no way they could behave like this if they were not. Lol.

As for being a pervert I say NO. It always has that sort of issues as a strong undertone whether is would be comical or serious. U are totally normal!!!

EDIT:

Otchosais: you are so right!!! That is who he reminds me of. Especially when he was in Down with Love. Also I had no idea she was also in Lucky Star. I only saw the first episode and never finished it but now I might go back and watch it. You are so observant . Thanks. I am glad that you are almost caught up.

Archived