Moving Routor around.

jiyongfighting

Will that be a problem?
So, I have a computer in my room and my sister has a computer in her room. We only have one router so sometimes we would unplug the router from my computer and plug it to hers so my other siblings can touch it because I don't want them in my room. Would moving the router around damage it in any way? My cousin tells me that it will. Will it?

So, I have a computer in my room and my sister has a computer in her room. We only have one router so sometimes we would unplug the router from my computer and plug it to hers so my other siblings can touch it because I don't want them in my room. Would moving the router around damage it in any way? My cousin tells me that it will. Will it?

You might eventually damage the ports with the constant unplugs but I haven't heard many of those stories. 

Routers are not very expensive nowadays so to replace one isn't a big loss. No need to be concerned over disposable technology. 

Guest greeentee

it shouldn't damage the router, unless as mentioned, the ports get worn down due to the constant plugging/unplugging. not that big of a concern overall.. seems to be a rare case. although i don't really understand why the router needs to be unplugged and moved around.. perhaps get a wireless card for either one of your PCs?

• 2 weeks later...

get yourself a wireless router and a wireless n usb =]

but yeah the clips on the ethernet cat 5 cables aren't made to be constantly clipped and unclipped so it comes down

to how well the heads on the cables are built and how well the ports are designed on your router.

Archived