One Ingredient Ice Cream

rantasarus

I hope this hasn't been posted before!

BananaIceCream-01_rect540.jpg

That mystery ingredient, of course, is banana! The smidgen of fat in bananas makes a magic trick when they are frozen and blended up. They turn creamy instead of crumbly, with a smooth texture any home ice cream chef would love to have in their frozen treats.

Here's a step-by-step slideshow of how to do it. The major tips can be summed up as:

• Peel your bananas first.

• Cut them into small pieces.

• Freeze for just 1-2 hours on a plate.

• Blend, blend, blend - scraping down the bowl when they stick.

• Enjoy the magic moment when they turn into ice cream!

You can also use avocado. =)

Guest whatanniewears

this is pretty interesting!

so it's basically frozen banana blended right?

gotta try it someday =P thanks for sharing!

Guest electricwingsx

wow, i think im gonna try this later.

A few questions though, how many bananas do you need? does it actually taste like icecream or something similar?

thanks

I have the same question too! Does it taste like banana ice cream afterwords? It seems pretty obvious, but I just want to double check, since I do not like the taste of bananas :(

Guest 3ephemeralWinds

I have the same question too! Does it taste like banana ice cream afterwords? It seems pretty obvious, but I just want to double check, since I do not like the taste of bananas :(

Lmao, the ONLY ingredient is bananas; what do you think? :P

Guest LemonPoppy

Hey, thanks so much for posting this genius idea!

I tried it today and it has the consistency of ice cream. I'm going to mix in chocolate chips next time to mask the strong banana flavor, but my mom absolutely loved it just the way it was.

Guest soompier1

Avocado ice cream doesn't suit my taste, but I am definitely trying the Banana Ice Cream and add chocolate syrup. Ty for sharing.

Archived