Tiny hair that looks like blackheads???

E-Pac

help // use St. Ives Scrub to reduce/remove them?
I have some extremely big pores/blackheads all over my nose, and on the sides of my nose, there are these little hairs (not peach fuzz). They're really tiny, but if you get close enough, you can see them. There are some light ones on the cheek area around my nose too.

So I have a few questions:

-Why/what is causing them?

-How do I get rid of them without using makeup, lasers, etc.? Any recommended skin products/natural alternatives?

Please help! :crazy:

Guest flowoftime

it's not blackheads. trust me they are just little hairs. Most people have them but some darker or longer than others, I have a bunch of tiny hairs in my cheeks and nose but it's not noticeable from far away. If you use a magnifying mirror you can see it's just a bunch of hairs =P

Guest likelovers

The teeny tiny hairs on your cheeks and nose are normal.

Hair on our bodies is what classifies us as mammals xD

Just take care of the blackheads if you have any.  The hairs, don't worry about them.

Guest pikasaki

I have this too. Are you sure it's not noticeable to others...? I mean, not to sound creepy or anything, but I looked at other people's noses and I don't see any hair on theirs, but when I look in the mirror (even if I'm not like close up) I swear, mine are really noticeable.

Guest nhuynh4682

I don't know what causes them but biore nose strips works really well. It makes your nose really smooth and clear but the results don't last forever. You have to do it every week or every few weeks depending on how fast they reoccur.

Guest poporin

i had those too, i think its normal

the best way to get rid of it is by those biore pore pack(get the man one, because its much more better n effective than the woman one and you can use less). Now i use tweezers too for them, but you have to kinda press to the skin because the hairs was so short, but it works well for me ^^

Thank you for all the advices!

As for biore pore strips, I've used them before, but many people have said that it causes their pores to become bigger & they just fill right up quickly. :vicx:

As for how noticeable they are, you can't see them from far away, but if you lean in closer, then they're definitely noticeable :(

Guest pinktux101

I have these too, I thought they were blackheads but I guess not? I used to use Biore strips but those kind of suck >.< So I tried using St. Ives Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub & it really works to help get rid of the blackheads/hairs!! I use it once a day & mainly scrub on my nose area & wash with warm water & tada, the little blackheads/hairs are gone! Definitely try it, the scrub only costs like 3 dollars at walgreens :D

Guest Muichih

definitely don't use those biore pore strips or whatever brand... i think it completely changed my skin around my nose...

if you are exfoliating well and using salicylic acid... and those black hairs aren't going away, then that just means they really are just small black hair.

Guest x123x

I'm not sure but I also think that I've noticed more of these black hairs around my nose after using the Biore pore strips.... I like it cuz it does take out a good bunch of the gross stuff stuck on my nose, but I also noticed that my skin texture has changed around that area like Muichih said... specifically, the skin around that area seems more "shiny" (not in the oily sense, but more like.... imagine a bald head, but instead a nose)

I've also used the St. Ives blemish and blackhead face scrub, doesn't really help with those small black hairs -_-

Guest pinktux101

^^^Really? Because I've been using St. Ives for awhile now & I have to say it really has removed all the crap on my nose! The little black things on my nose might be blackheads but I can't really tell the difference between blackheads & the little hairs!they look the same to me :o

When I use St. Ives,I kind of just scrub really hard on the areas with blackheads or hairs & then after I wash it off my nose is squeaky clean!

Guest x123x

^^^Really? Because I've been using St. Ives for awhile now & I have to say it really has removed all the crap on my nose! The little black things on my nose might be blackheads but I can't really tell the difference between blackheads & the little hairs!they look the same to me :o

When I use St. Ives,I kind of just scrub really hard on the areas with blackheads or hairs & then after I wash it off my nose is squeaky clean!

It does help with removing the dirt and oils on my face, but I was just referring to the stubborn small black hairs (not blackheads) on the sides of the nose that cannot be removed with simply a face wash. If they were blackheads I think it would work with the St. Ives scrub too, because it is probably the strongest scrub I've ever used!

I'm not sure if the OP was referring to those little black hairs that I have, or if it's actually just blackheads. I guess the best way for anyone to find out would be to try it out for themselves.

Do you guys think using facial bleach on the hairs would be a bad idea??

It's been done before, but isn't bleach just bad for your skin/hair in general cause of the chemicals? =(

So I tried St. Ives Apricot Scrub for the first time last night, and it seemed to work the first few minutes after I rinsed off the product. But then about an hour later my blackheads and the little hairs seemed to POP OUT, they seemed to look even more defined, idk if it's just the reaction.

and when I woke up this morning, my face got extremely oily, which doesn't usually happen, but the blackheads/hairs weren't obvious as last night anymore, and my face returned to normal after washing it with a cleanser.

Is this normal? o.o

and some say that you should only use this scrub once or twice a week, so I'm guessing it's bad for your skin if you use it everyday? :(

Guest pinktux101

It's been done before, but isn't bleach just bad for your skin/hair in general cause of the chemicals? =(

So I tried St. Ives Apricot Scrub for the first time last night, and it seemed to work the first few minutes after I rinsed off the product. But then about an hour later my blackheads and the little hairs seemed to POP OUT, they seemed to look even more defined, idk if it's just the reaction.

and when I woke up this morning, my face got extremely oily, which doesn't usually happen, but the blackheads/hairs weren't obvious as last night anymore, and my face returned to normal after washing it with a cleanser.

Is this normal? o.o

and some say that you should only use this scrub once or twice a week, so I'm guessing it's bad for your skin if you use it everyday? :(

Oh really? That's strange...When I use St. Ives my blackheads/blackkhairs will grow back, but not so soon. Maybe like in a day or so. So I just use St. Ives on my nose like every day. Also, after I use St. Ives, the blackheads on my nose kind of turn into little holes on my nose, but very unnoticable & I can just cover it up with foundation. So its fine. And I can't really tell you if the redness is normal because I've been using this for SOOO long & I don't think my face really turned red & if it did I could just cover it with foundation. But if it's not helping then I suggest not using it anymore!

Hope I helped.

• 3 years later...
Guest ShannonL

pinktux101 said:

E-Pac wrote on 02 August 2010 - 04:46 PM:

Is this normal? o.o

Archived