[Drama 2010] Gumiho : Tale of the Fox's Child 구미호: 여우누이뎐

Guest fanda4000

IMO, this Gumiho lady is little immature, she doesn't possessed full nine tail fox's power. I think she's another hybrid not full Gumiho. Because Gumiho can see things no humans can see, she should have knew that Shaman was actually zombie or living dead as someone already pointed out before.

I thought she knew because when she saw him one time she said "Wait...what are you doing here?" Plus, his scent would have been a dead give away wouldn't it?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow the drama finally came to an end and I thoroughly enjoyed it, including the last episode.

When I saw Cho Ok getting revenge on the mother gumiho I was like no, what a stupid ending, but when Cho Ok realized that the gumiho knew all along that she wasn't Yeonee and felt bad, the ending wasn't so bad after all.

Explanation

For those confused, I think the shaman lived 600+years eating people's livers to survive. I think that's why when the mother sprayed the powder at his face, there were all these different faces showing up on his own face. And that makes me think that the reason he helped Cho Ok's family and whoever else throughout the drama was to get their liver in the end. And the reason the mother gumiho didn't kill the shaman (even though she said she knew a method AND the shaman wanted to die) was so that he can suffer with that disfigured face. It seemed to be a better revenge for the shaman then letting him easily die. I hope that helped!

Also, I think because this is just another gumiho drama, the gumihos in this drama aren't completely accurate in power/form/what not from the legends many may be familiar with. That might be the reason why the mother gumiho failed so much in finding her daughter when she was about to get killed/etc

Wow the drama finally came to an end and I thoroughly enjoyed it, including the last episode.

When I saw Cho Ok getting revenge on the mother gumiho I was like no, what a stupid ending, but when Cho Ok realized that the gumiho knew all along that she wasn't Yeonee and felt bad, the ending wasn't so bad after all.

Explanation

For those confused, I think the shaman lived 600+years eating people's livers to survive. I think that's why when the mother sprayed the powder at his face, there were all these different faces showing up on his own face. And that makes me think that the reason he helped Cho Ok's family and whoever else throughout the drama was to get their liver in the end. And the reason the mother gumiho didn't kill the shaman (even though she said she knew a method AND the shaman wanted to die) was so that he can suffer with that disfigured face. It seemed to be a better revenge for the shaman then letting him easily die. I hope that helped!

Also, I think because this is just another gumiho drama, the gumihos in this drama aren't completely accurate in power/form/what not from the legends many may be familiar with. That might be the reason why the mother gumiho failed so much in finding her daughter when she was about to get killed/etc

Thanks for the explanation motoway.  I thought the mother gumiho was still reeling after her husband let her down and nauri was more or less a rebound relationship....Those often do not work out as intended.

Kogi, you are hilarious....anger management in deed.  lol. 

Guest kekonaipo

I'm leaving my comments on the finale below so I don't ruin it for people who haven't seen the ending yet.

I'm not fluent in Korean and there were no Eng subs yet so just a few questions for the masses please.

1. Why did they let YDS Nauri out prison? Just because he didn't confess they couldn't put him to death?

2. What happened to JJK Nauri (the government official guy)? Why did soldiers take him away?

So sad that Chun Woo died. Maybe it's the romantic in me but it would have been nice to reunite all 3 of them in the afterlife --- Gumiho, YY and Chun Wooo. :wub: Oh well.... Thank you writers for giving YY her revenge too. I expected a revenge plot for CO since she sat crying in a tree during the finale bloodbath. A year later and she's still a rotten kid. She pays the consequences too because now there is no one to care for her. So HA!

Thank you everyone who was active and helpful in explaining the parts I missed or didn't understand.

DOOOOOOOOODE I totally just put it together last night but I knew I recognized the young master's father from somewhere!! Once I drew glasses on his face I knew for sure. He played the doctor guy from the drama I Like You/You Are Very Good/I'm Smitten by You XD kekeke I never would have put the two together...he was such a dork in the other drama! Here, I'll show you (he's the only one in glasses):

ilikeyou.jpg

Doesn't even look like him. I looked him up on Dramawiki and his face looked so familiar. Did you ever watch Bad Love with Kwon Sang Woo and Kim Sung Soo? Our guys here plays KSW's friend from America, Christian. lol Still can't get over the link in his Dramawiki profile Haha!

Good lord, this drama had the potential to be great but turned into a hot mess with all the runnng and crying, running while crying and crying while running. The entire drama would've been condensed in a Drama City episode. The only redeeming quality was getting to see the child actors play their roles from the beginning to end. Two other brillant actors would be the child Kim Tak Gu and child Ma Jun from "Baking King" and child Gang Mo from "Giant."

Doesn't even look like him. I looked him up on Dramawiki and his face looked so familiar. Did you ever watch Bad Love with Kwon Sang Woo and Kim Sung Soo? Our guys here plays KSW's friend from America, Christian. lol Still can't get over the link in his Dramawiki profile Haha!

Sorry to cut your post, but I know right? Just take away the glasses, widen his eyes, pin his hair back, and draw on a mustache, then you'll recognize him XD I vaguely remember watching the drama Bad Love, but it's been so long I hardly remember any of the cast other then Kwon Sangwoo and urm the lead girl who was also the lead in Queen Seondeok. LMAO oh well. Then ending does confuse me. i want to know why jungkyu's dad got arrested and yds was let out of prison. it makes no sense to me.

Guest minniesca123

this is LQ of the well scene .i am not really sure if it is the daughter or her mother disguise as her ~? but i have a streange feeling the revenge will involve maybe the naeuri killing his own daughter --;;;;

esp10

making of esp 16 - the scene at the cave

making of

shirley..

the making of esp 16 in youtube has been erased...

can you give me the clue:)

danke

Guest Kogiboy

i made some gifs :)

You should make anigif for Gusandaek and Yonyi turning into 1st level gumiho with their eyes flashing and saber tooth sticking out.

Guest VIP-Lady

You should make anigif for Gusandaek and Yonyi turning into 1st level gumiho with their eyes flashing and saber tooth sticking out.

Yes. i will. But which episode is? Because im watching now ep.8~ this scene after episodes?

Guest Kogiboy

Yes. i will. But which episode is? Because im watching now ep.8~ this scene after episodes?

scenes from last two episodes contains some of the great transformation scenes.

shirley..

the making of esp 16 in youtube has been erased...

can you give me the clue:)

danke

ah the youtube account was closed . i will upload that making of later~^

this is the celebration party!you can see them in modern clothings *clap clap* i really think the production and cast did a great job !

Celebration party

this is the celebration party!you can see them in modern clothings  *clap clap*  i really think the production and cast did a great job !

Celebration party

Awww, thanks shirley.  Everyone did a terrific job with the drama, and deserve the celebration party....This is my first time seeing a drama with all of the cast members except for the mistress.  I saw her in another sageuk.

@kogiboy, a flying gumiho-copter???:wacko:  If they had done that the show would have been really, really cheesy....

Guest ms.seoul

i loved this scene

201007140101151001_1.jpg

but i guss the girl is very young to do this kiss scene but it looks perfect !!

~

i'm watching this series in TV so I'm still in EP 4

Guest ohdangchang

Just finished watching the last two episodes with my mom.

Best drama yet this year. Although i haven't really watched much this year

I think the plot and character development was really good and the building of various climaxes worked well

with the storyline.

Just thought I'd come in here and tell my thoughts on the drama :D

I'm sad its over though.

Guest minniesca123

this is the celebration party!you can see them in modern clothings  *clap clap*  i really think the production and cast did a great job !

Celebration party

ok thanks shirley...

mysoju dont upload the last episode yet..im in courious:D

Archived