少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest PinkCarrot

110326 New YoonA's vita500 pic

1jSNN.jpg

TaeYeon@Incheon Fest Ads 2009 BTS

LtRjv.jpg

YLvKA.jpg

sv0a1.jpg

Notice me if already post before :D

Cre: tumblr

Reup: me

Guest cantthinkofaname

Yoona's winning newspaper composition

npe15_kqls9012.jpg

For those Yoong addicts, you might remember this from from Yoona's Manwon Happiness.

Her homeroom teacher said she got second place in composition in school, that got on her school newspaper.

She didn't "win", but we all like to make her a winner

So this is it!! the composition!!

Keep in mind that this is translated and won't be as good

Title: Letter

Letter is a good way of communicating. There are times letters can deliver words that is hard to express and embarrassing to say. Even for receivers, they can comprehend the words in different ways than when they hear the words with their ears.

I write letters and greeting cards often on special occasions. Rather than text message, phone calls, or talk directly, I think writing letters is much more meaningful and delivers words better.

Delivering words by talking directly is good way. But it feels like I'm delivering words abstractedly, and words don't get remembered well. However, when it's written in a letter, it makes better impact, and gets remembered more easily. Also, I think people can receive the feeling 'This person is thinking about me this much'.

The reason why I emphasize that letter is a good way is because of my experiences, and because I felt it. That's why I keep recommending letters and think positively about it. Anyone would have experienced few times, but I have many good memories about letters. I'm going to list a few.

This occurred when I was in 4th grade. There was a time I had to move to different school, and move to the house I'm currently living in. At that time, my homeroom teacher from past school handed out colored A4 papers cut in half to all my classmates, one each. I didn't get the paper. No, she didn't give it to me. It turns out that those were letters that my friends wrote. My homeroom teacher gathered the letters together, including his own letter, made a cover, and used a paper clip to hold them together. That was so moving and I was so thankful......

Those letters are now kept in a box that I keep precious items. When I take them out and read, they're fun and I remember the faces of those friends.

Also, about a year ago, a friend I was close with had to immigrate. I remember writing 100 letters and giving it to her. It was a new experience and I feel that it was a gift that she will always remember. Also, another treasured memory is from past Teacher's day. For those who I was really thankful of, I bought pretty ribbon cards and wrote what I wanted to say, and things I'm thankful for. I was glad because I think I delivered thoughts and words I couldn't say directly. I was happy to see them smile when they received my cards.

I felt comfortable writing words in the cards things that were hard and too embarrassed to say directly, and I think those who received the cards would be happy. On special occasions(Christmas or New year's day), I write letters to all the people I like. I felt good about it and from two years ago, I started writing greeting cards to many people. Maybe because I can remember more, and like receiving the letters, I also like giving them.

Because of many treasured memories I have about the letters, rather than ordinary memories, they were treasured ones. Do many other people have many treasured memories about letters like me? I think there are people who don't. If there are any, I feel pity for them. It's not too late. Write a letter to those who you're thankful of, people who love, and people you want to remember.

You feel better when you think of people who receive your letters, being thankful and happy that you will start writing more letters. Originally, I didn't like writing them because I didn't have pretty hand writing. But at some point, I liked writing and receiving letters. People write e-mails these days often these days. But I think letters written by hand is more meaningful.

I think letters are each rings that connect people person by person. When there are times you want to repay or send your feelings, phone calls, text messaging, and email is a good way. But I think writing letters by hand in a neat paper is a good way to deliver their sincerity and heart.

translated by 오이사랑싴@soshified.com

credit: Taeyeon gallery originally from bestiz

Seohyun - Banmal Song

cr: uploader

If you guys have time do watch maknae's last episode of WGM. The second and final part would be next week. 

I've been watching maknae grow into a beautiful woman for the past one year and I've seen this side of her that wasn't really visible before. Though she's not my bias but I've grown to love, respect and admire her even more now. This is the magic of SNSD. Each member is so different and you have your own biases but yet you can't help but love each one of them - no one gets left behind, really. Love one and in a matter of time you love all of them.

Anyway our maknae is truly amazing. She played the guitar on her own and sang Banmal song with her own lyrics! Where did she find the time to practice? This is why I admire her. She's a fast learner. She's a genius. I'm way older than her but I can't help but look up to her as an inspiration and role model. 

I miss our girls!!! 

Guest shinhdeplol

Girls' Generation's "Himnae! (Way To Go)" voted as best song to give hope and courage

9-member group Girls' Generation's song "Himnae! (Way To Go)" was chosen as the best song to give hope and courage.

On March 17th to 23rd, the Korean music website, Monkey3, conducted a survey with the topic "A song of hope and courage?". The results of the survey were announced on the 25th.

Due to the earthquakes in Japan, many Hallyu Stars gave their support. In the survey, Girls' Generation's "Himnae! (Way To Go)" ranked first with 40% (253 votes) of the total.

"Himnae! (Way To Go)" was released in January of 2009 in Girls' Generation's first mini-album "Gee" and was chosen because of the bright and cheerful atmosphere that it gave off.

Ranked in second place with 29% (181 votes) of the total was actor Kim Soohyun's "Dreaming" from the popular drama 'Dream High' OST. Insooni's "Goose's Dream" ranked third with 11% (71 votes) of the total.

Below is a live performance of Himnae!

Can you feel the energy? What song would you have picked?

Source: Yahoo! Korea

Taken from: Koreaboo

The girls @ the airport today

nSZBa.jpg

C: Chichinhu @ twitter

Guest QWI09

^

^

ABOVE: That picture wasn't today's airport fashion.. it was Unseen fantake~

someone (Bekkychan) already clarify it ^^

add one more:

bcde.jpg

any bigger pic? LOL. xP

[NEWS] [03.26.11] The value of celebrities in brand packaging

32624e6686a8a105beccba744d9286b4.jpg

The so-called "face value" of celebrities has been revealed.

GS25, a South Korean chain of convenience stores, disclosed that after idols' images were used on packaging, sales of Happy Money gift certificates, Ppusyeo Ppusyeo (a snack) and Kwangdong Vita500 (a bottled drink) increased by 63%, 29% and 12% respectively.

At GS25 alone, Happy Money gift certificates under the SNSD "Hoot" collection saw a 63% increase in sales since December 2010, when it first hit shelves.

The sale of Ppusyeo Ppusyeo also saw an increase of 29.2% after idol group SHINee's faces were printed on its otherwise generic packaging. This percentage further increased by 28.8% after female idol group f(x)'s images were used.

On March 1, Vita500 came up with a new packaging that featured SNSD's faces on its bottles; since then, they have witnessed an increase of 12% in sales as compared to the previous month.

The Kim Hyeja packed lunch has been the driving force behind the popularity of GS25's lunchboxes as of late. Currently, it accounts for the first, second and third placings in terms of lunchbox sales at GS25.

Last year, as soon the Kim Takgu bread bearing the face of its namesake character from the popular drama Baking King Kim Takgu was launched, it claimed first place in sales. Even now, it takes first, second, and fourth place, showing its popularity.

Aside from that, Hwatong Ramyun endorsed by Kang Hodong, spicy sausage stew and rabokki by Jung Hyungdon and pantyhose by Jeong Ga Eun saw sales balloon by 176%, 163%, 230% and 194% respectively.

GS25 explained the reason for these products' success and stated, "The brand and design are what consumers immediately come into contact with when they learn of a product. Products that feature the faces of stars they know stick more firmly in their minds."

A product team manager from GS25 stated, "Starting from the time of the "Kim Jini [a comedian] bread", products with images of stars have been endlessly receiving love. In the future too, we will continue launching products that feature stars who match well with them."

Source: DongA Economy

via: koreaboo.com

Guest silent_scream

Unseen Airport photos taken last Oct. 15, 2010 (ITNW Taiwan concert)

dsc3241copy.th.jpgdsc3257copy.th.jpgdsc3261copy.th.jpgdsc3263copy.th.jpg

dsc3259copy.th.jpgdsc3251copy.th.jpgdsc3280copy.th.jpgdsc3281copy.th.jpgjesscopy.th.jpg

Cr. lasie&strawberry + Jessture.net

Guest cantthinkofaname

Woongjin CM song is coming out on April 8th along with new CF

cr; chichinchu

SNSD Coway Event.

264957813.jpg

cr; yurui912

Guest QWI09

[NEWS] [03.27.11] Intel Korea revealed Visual Dreams MV in 3D to selected guests

SNSD_Visual_Dreams_1.jpg

On March 26th, more than 900 clients and Intel staffs were invited to a cinema party at Korea’s first IMAX theatre, CGV Yongsan in Seoul. According to Intel Korea on March 27th, the 3D version of SNSD-Intel Collaboration Music Video ‘Visual Dreams’ was revealed at the event.

First introduced in conjunction with Intel’s launching of the 2nd Generation Core Processor, the ‘Visual Dreams’ music video was being presented again, but this time, in 3D.

Chief of Intel Korea, Lee Heesung said, “Creating the public’s understanding as well as the awareness of the complexity of Intel’s technology was communicated easily through collaboration with SNSD”.

Credit: edaily.co.kr

via: fanwonder.com

[NEWS] [03.27.11] Seohyun shocked Yonghwa with her own version of ‘Banmal Song’

20110327_1301188450.jpg

On MBC’s ‘We Got Married (WGM)’ aired on March 26th, Seohyun and Yonghwa enjoyed their final date as the ‘married’ YongSeo couple. They were given a final mission entitled ‘Give each other a happy day as a gift’.

In this episode, which was the first part of their final story, YongSeo recalled their first ‘dating’ place; CN Blue’s practice room. Seohyun who had forgotten how to play the guitar at the beginning, started performing with the guitar singing the ‘Banmal Song’ with her own lyrics.

Seohyun said, “Jung Yonghwa seemed to be disappointed that I have not used banmal (informal form) with him up to this day”. Yonghwa then said, “I was simply touched that she prepared the song for me. I was totally surprised by the lyrics.”

Also, in this broadcast, the couple tried to reenact the day when they first met.

Credit: mk.co.kr

via: fanwonder.com

[PIC] [03.27.11] X'mas cards from Yoona , Seohyun, and Sooyoung to Jang Hajin (ex- SM trainee)

HbKp9.jpg

via: Chichinhu

------

Mubank MC, Kim Minji said she was among the top candidates in SM audition. She was wondering if she would be selected as a member of SNSD if she were to continue her debut preparation then. She was torn between acting and singing and made her debut in 2007 through a CF.

via: fanwonder

hmm not news about SNSD though, but bcoz SNSD mentioned~ so I post it :run

Guest Tetsuya9