少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest Qrizta

^

^

actually all the girls act well

i want a movie with all of them inside xD 

Hahaha~~ That would be heaven! I hope SM would produce a movie with all of them like SJ's flower boy movie.

SOoyoung, Yul n Yoona are the best actors just like Siwon, Heechul n Kibum in SJ at least in my opinion.

They're more trained in that area n had more experience.

But I think Soshi is one of very few groups in which all the members can act.

Evident in Horror Movie Factory. Girls were damn good n surprising.

Guest Redwarrior

We can't expect the girls to have new song on their debut though.

TOHO did recycle their korean songs when they first tried to break into the market.

Like Rising Sun, HUG, O, etc. So did Kara, CSJH and 4minute. It's just common.

I guess for the 2nd or 3rd single we'll get new songs.

The bigger the response from the public, the sooner they'll be given a brand new track.

Forgive me for being a Toho stan but their DEBUT single in Japan wasn't a recycled song. It was "Stay with Me Tonight" and Hug + Rising sun was included later in their 1st album which came out later in Heart, Mind, and Soul. What I'm saying is...I feel that UJ is rushing too much with these girl group debuts. I mean look at them! They have 4minute, Kara and also Big Bang (but they're a boy group) Anyways, it feels like UJ is just trying to milk money out of the kpop stars when the kpop fad is ragging a bit stronger in Japan now. It makes sense they would but I read and article where the rep of UJ said that Japanese wasn't necessary for the market. (I beg to differ because in order to connect with the audience on a more personal level, Japanese is needed, and if the groups want to be taken seriously in Japan, then it's needed.) <-UJ is probably taking in TOO many kpop groups to properly focus on one atm :(

Article is in this thread: LINK

Yes, it's good marketing but...I would've loved to hear new songs in Japanese. Plus...Either the Genie translation was really weird or it just doesn't fit with Japanese. But at least it's all going to be in Japanese (I'm assuming but it probably is).

Good Luck in Japan and hope to hear New songs in the future!!

ps. it's good that they're with UJ b/c UJ puts more emphasis on Promoting their artists compared to Avex (reminiscences of the sad beginning of Toho days...)

Guest killerkill

update form twitter

"....I saw ten thousand people maybe more ..."

80121828795345486850.jpg

10974679364401514768.jpg

Line for second performance of the showcase. I am here

29618129427100319831.jpg

Line for first performance of the showcase. There are much more people in line

04159472175346208145.jpg

73062797657196598906.jpg

Long long line for first performance.............

74909328146424526060.jpg

Guest silent_scream

^

^

actually all the girls act well

i want a movie with all of them inside xD

THIS! And I want them all in a mini drama series (like DBSK). Maybe next year? lol we have lots of wishes and dreams for our girls. :sweatingbullets:

---

Follow these people on Twitter, they will update on SNSD's showcase in Japan.

http://twitter.com/Yurui912

http://twitter.com/hiros2008

http://twitter.com/t_snake1

http://twitter.com/vjunsak

According to @hiros2008 they can hear Into The New World outside the coliseum. :w00t:

Guest love_guitar93

Hi! It's my first post here ^^

My name is Jessica, I'm 17 and I'm from Italy. I love SNSD! My favourite is Sooyoung :wub: she's very beautiful and funny :lol:

I love the Japanese version of Genie! Can't wait for the release of the single ^^

Is Tiffany ok now?

Guest chingying7123

thx for the fan acct silis it so nice of taeyeon to think of the fan it another reason why i love this girl so much.

wow it would be great if yuri get the part if the rumor is true anyhow thx for sharing all the pic of our girl they all look so pretty.

I agreed ice_soshi all our girl can act and it would be a dream come true if all our girl were to be in a movie or drama together

Guest ice_soshi

from horror movie factory, the no.1 who surprised me and i felt would be able to act really insanely well is sunny...

she was just crazily good there... 

though new song is good, but i think most j-sones don't mind... 

they will not be less successful either way...

for none native speaker, to be able to sing in japanese at that fast beat of genie is pretty good.

i won't say they have perfect pronunciation but they're better than i expected.

plus i can't pronounce korean for nuts.. so a japanese version is great kekeke

genie sounds weird to existing fans because most of us are so used to their korean version.

play about 20 times and one will get used to it.. sweatingbullets.gif

Holly macaroni! look at the lines   :w00t: !! What time is it now in Japan? Is it almost THE time?  Thanx for sharing the fan account pics, you guys, keep em coming.

Guest imyoona

the Japanese version of Genie sounded a bit weird to me..

I didn't know it was Japanese in the 1st verse if not told ..

but I guess it just takes time to get used to it ;)

Still, it's so nice to hear our girls' voices again in a new song ;D

omg.. ppl even waiting for the 2nd showcase.. already??

like it's almost half a day before it... impressive.

wow and actually I'm amazed by the amount of female SONEs there.

Fangirls for the win!!

Guest falling_star_142

surprisingly i'm getting used to the Japanese version very fast :blink: never happened before for those converted songs lol, maybe my Soshi bias are just strong

can anyone tell how are your pronunciation? how's Fany's? cause her little moment in their photo-book dvd is just , though it's cute :wub:

can't way for the showcase, heard there is ITNW, yay, that's our precious debut song >.< hopefully there some fancams >.< hopefully the rumor about TaeNy duet is true OMG please :w00t:

about Yuri's rumored drama, seems like she's getting not the lead but the second lead female, at lease according to the DC rumor, well, she's newbie anyway, still a big chance for her

45327026.jpg

Guest Redwarrior

the Japanese version of Genie sounded a bit weird to me..

I didn't know it was Japanese in the 1st verse if not told ..

but I guess it just takes time to get used to it ;)

Still, it's so nice to hear our girls' voices again in a new song ;D

omg.. ppl even waiting for the 2nd showcase.. already??

like it's almost half a day before it... impressive.

wow and actually I'm amazed by the amount of female SONEs there.

Fangirls for the win!!

I think I figured out why it sounds so...awkward in Japanese. It's because the girls are so used to singing it in Korean with the Korean enunciation and pronunciation that they unconsciously do that while singing in Japanese. It's hard to get rid of a habit. It'll probably flow more if they were given a real Japanese song (hence my butthurtness of Genie being recycled and...sounding so weird) Maybe I just need to listed to it some more. But I think the Korean ver is going to be my fav out of the two.

Guest cantthinkofaname

omg, i'm starting to love what jsones are doing here<3

they're cosplaying as snsd for snsd's event, that's so cute!!!

Usually I find that most kpop songs converted to Japanese tends to be a bit awkward and lose it's original feel but I'm very impressed with SoShi's Genie Japanese ver. Given the meaning is different from the Korean one but they totally made the song seems like it's an original in itself. Compare to most kpop artists that's recently debuted Soshi's pronunciation is a lot better, it's very good actually. Oh, I can see myself in one of those pics up there in line for the 2nd performance! I want to meet the SONE that is taking pics...anybody know the SONE's name? Like I said before SoShi has a whole army of fangirls and it's only increasing...hmm, I wonder if we are really ready for them because SoShi really is something else. I'm really looking forward to the impact SoShi will make within Japan...that as if they haven't already :P

Guest random_luv

ONCE AGAIN I AM SUPER EXCITED!

I was really sad when I went on YA and saw that the preorder for the First Press Edition of Genie was sold out. That's the version with the dvd, photo book and photo card.

BUT HMV just re-opened their preorder so I quickly placed my order =D

It's 1 pm in Japan so the showcase will be starting soon!

Yeah the girls have a busy schedule, but they're all performances. Two-Three shows a day is actually not completely uncommon in the theatre world and a play can last 2 hours. The showcase is roughly an hour long. I'm thinking about 60% will be performing and 40% will be talking to the fans and videos. Their dream is too perform. They all wanted to be singers and dancers onstage and so I'm ok with them doing 3 showcases in one day, because that's what they want to do. I'd be more upset if they were recording a show or something. We all know that being idols means SNSD is expected to do more than singing and dancing, but it's ok if that's all they're doing.

edit: is there a translation for the japanese lyrics yet? all i've seen are the romanized lyrics