少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest bananaconcept

@youmakemylifecomplete
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I replayed that Hyo clip over and over. That is so adorable and priceless XD
That Genie voice clip video...is amazing.

Yoona & Lee Minho Eider
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7lq6lmWhyU&feature=player_embedded
20121025091909123.jpgimg01.jpg

I love the Eider CFs.
It's like "...Aidah. AIDAH. AYYYDAAAH."

Yoona will be in HK Nov 7th. Invited to Vivienne Westwood Fashion Show.
(oooooh, vivienne westwood! O:)
600x800x13f2d74f62bfc768d465dfb7.jpg
well that's what it says anyway. idk. :3

cr. to SY3SNSD/matomenaverjp, sosiz-nims.

Guest bananaconcept

121025 Jessica @ Beaker Launch Event

Jessture Fancam

Woorissica & Jessture Photos
02347A4D508BCA2321A82613347A4D508BCA26222E3216347A4D508BCA2D24413418347A4D508BCA3626FBBB1750613D508984D316BCEB01504D3D508984D6136F771751F739508C049520CDD4184E5C3D508984D517029Ftumblr_mcka6xENhz1qitdj1o2_1280.jpgtumblr_mcka2ylk6q1qitdj1o1_1280.jpg

Ohhh...beakers! ICWUDT.

As tagged, do naaahhh remaaahve taaaag

Guest youmakemylifecomplete

^
the way sica is talking to that white dude seems so chic and sophisticated and classy...
like "why yes naturally oh ho ho ho ho" with an british accent for some reason....she should be holding a glass of champagne and a drag
they were probably enjoying a nice english conversation

yultisic jangoo dance
379x309x7f7d0c37b3f4ce8b46c3d8cd.gif
cr tagged sosiz SY3SNSD / matomenaverjp

Guest bananaconcept

youmakemylifecomplete said: ^
the way sica is talking to that white dude seems so chic and sophisticated and classy...
like "why yes naturally oh ho ho ho ho" with an british accent for some reason....she should be holding a glass of champagne and a drag
they were probably enjoying a nice english conversation

^
mmm i love jessicas smokey makeup style

soshisubs released
3rd hospital ep 7
student sooyoungs so funny in this ep!!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xunnyu_tvn-the-3rd-hospital-ep-07-2012-09-26-en_shortfilms

btw @bananaconcept psy beat soshi 9 straight win record....but im not upset hehehehe
cant wait for soshi comeback. kpop scene needs to be dominated by someone other than psy hahaha

Guest bananaconcept

@youmakemylifecomplete wellllllll
It's been a year since their last korean comeback so everyone's probably expecting it soon, yeah. November is an alright bet. They'll be releasing the new Japanese single and album, but it's not like SM hasn't had SNSD do parallel promotions in both Japan and Korea before. Plus their promotions don't tend to be that aggressive in Japan, so unless SM/UMJ is changing tactics Japan-wise, I can see that happening.
I've also seen some speculation on January being their comeback..always good to start the year with soshi haha. But their Arena tour starts early February 2013...so maybe that's unlikely. SM tends to spend at least 2 months on promotions? The Boys only really went for a month I think but Oh/RDR went for like 3 months. I doubt SM's gonna try squeeze in promotions before the tour.
So we're looking at November/December (but December's kind of a weird time to promote). With the Japanese album it'll be busy hahaha...Plus Sunny has her musical mid-end of December, while Sica's got dates November to early next year (i think?)...busy busy everyone's so busy.

You're right though, I'm not fussed at all whether they're releasing Japanese or Korean music, but I really miss seeing them on good variety =3=

anyways here is a super HQ g-star picture
Because we all need super HQ in our lives
G-STAR_RAW.SNSD.jpg

Guest cathee26

But I heard and seems that's official that EXO will comeback in november....so I don't know about our girl. I'm a big fan of exo but I wish to see snsd first because it's been a year since there last comeback =( 

cathee26 said: But I heard and seems that's official that EXO will comeback in november....so I don't know about our girl. I'm a big fan of exo but I wish to see snsd first because it's been a year since there last comeback =( 

Guest Procrastinatoress

youmakemylifecomplete said:
a lot of people on youtube and on forums been saying that the comeback wil be nov.....i really hope so
but a release this late means they wont be able to get any end of year awards for 2012
but i dont care i just want to see them on variety and weekend music show again lol

Procrastinatoress said:
Actually, If they don't make the nomination cut-off date for an awards ceremony, they're eligible for the next year's.
Eg, the current MAMA nominees are releases between October 2011 and October 2012. If SoShi comeback late this year, they're still eligible for the 2013 round, as long as it's before October 2013.

Guest Auratus

but releasing early (like nov/dec 2012 for 2013 consideration) is not something companies like to do and why you almost never see gayo daejun finalists do so. out of sight is out of mind. the awards voting favors songs that are still fresh and on playlists, not ones almost a year old.

to me, it's clear SM means to bring EXO along to fill the void left by their main boy man group having members doing their military service so it makes sense to push the girls korean promotions on the back burner. they're making money hand over fist in japan and SM NEEDS that money to carry the company until EXO starts picking up the revenue stream dropped by Suju.

with the year almost over, and SNSD out of gayo daejun contention for the 2nd year running, doing something half-assed and rushed for them wouldn't be what they need to regain the korean public's attention. sort of a go-big or go-home mentality. you don't gamble with your big money makers.
still. looking at SM's behavior in 2012, there been something very tentative about how they've handled SNSD's activities. here they have the #1 group in all of kpop and they're not growing them. that's an extremely puzzling strategy for a business interested in making money. 
i think 2 external factors played into this. the first would be suju's effective hiatus. ELFs are huge in korea and that's made SM a lot of money, BUT there's no further growth possible there. SM needs to bring up their replacement act, and that will take some time. the 2nd factor would be psy's gangnam style. it made a huge international splash, the exact thing SM hoped to have for SNSD, but the viral nature of GS, the sheer unpredictability of it, has SM's business planners twitching. how to capitalize on it? no one knows. not YG, not universal, not SM. so SM took a wait-and-see attitude to it since they didn't know what if there would be anyway to leverage SNSD appeal to all the people who found gangnam style so gosh darned interesting. 
all of this indecision pushed any possible korean release by the girls straight into leeteuk's enlistment date and EXO's crucially necessary next steps, which also highlights SM's limitations. SM is a small company and there's only so much they can do at any one time.
the japanese releases are one thing that make perfect sense for SM. consistent, predictable revenue, and a LOT of it, which is why we've seen paparazzi, oh! + amlify, and now flower power and their upcoming 2nd japan arena tour.
anyway, that's my take on it.

Guest Procrastinatoress

^
I agree with your points on the Exo situation... SNSD might not have SuJu's fanclub size but their public support and popularity in Japan makes them SM's most reliable money spinner right now. Having them work as a reliable financial fallback while SM pours energy in Exo is smart. But SM's marketing of SNSD this year HAS been unusual...I mean they know it's important to maintain SNSD's presence in the ever-changing and fickle k-pop industry, so it's pretty odd that they've let SNSD sit out for so long. I mean when they made big with Gee, they hit hard again with Genie and then Oh so aggressively to solidify their 'top spot'. They did have TTS, but a TTS is really just a representative of SNSD and doesn't have the same power.

If you're right about SM wanting to focus on Exo though, then that pushes back SNSD's korean comeback further than we thought. I can see the reasoning behind
Auratus said:
with the year almost over, and SNSD out of gayo daejun contention for the 2nd year running, doing something half-assed and rushed for them wouldn't be what they need to regain the korean public's attention. sort of a go-big or go-home mentality. you don't gamble with your big money makers.

Guest bananaconcept

@procrastinatoress if I have to wait til march I might throw myself off a cliff. XD
Hopefully Japanese promotions are strong then...I hope the girls have spent time studying. Ups chances of them being on a decent Japanese variety show.

Smtown Twitter - MAXSTEP making
117DC94D508F706F2DF8A5
cr smtown & Yurui

Jessica Legally Blonde Promotional Pic
Wooooahhh like blonde blonde, like super blonde. O:
viewimage.php?id=Jessica&no=29bcc427b682
cr sosiz

Guest racing.pulse

Hmm, I'd assumed SNSD would make a comeback before EXO according to SM's schedule, but I'm pretty sure EXO's comeback dates have been pushed back so I don't know when either group are going to release their new Korean music. Can we just have both of them do a comeback together :P But I guess it would conflict. Exo hasn't quite made a mark yet in comparison to other rookies, so I hope for them to make a stronger comeback in the next month, but I do hope SNSD will get to promote before gayo daejuns (though the beginning of next year's not a bad idea for 2013 sales if they push back tour dates).
It's a coincidence but as luck would have it, Jessica's always had individual activities right when SNSD are doing Korean promotions, so I don't know if that actually influences anything.