Make-up Q & A Thread

Guest Nightsky1

Guest pikasaki

I hope someone can help me out

Currently when i apply my BB cream, i use my fingers. I was wondering if i could also apply it with a brush, and what brush would be the best type to use ?

I found a difference in how I applied it with my fingers. I used to dot my cheeks, chin, t-zone and then blend it into the skin but now I "tap" it into the skin. I thought it was just my bb cream that sucked but when I applied it this way my looks SO much better than when I did it the other way.

Anyway, what I do is apply the amount I need on my middle finger, rub together with middle & ring finger (both hands) then pat it onto the skin instead of "smearing" it on. I'm sorry for the bad explanation.

Hope that makes sense though! :/ Sorry if I'm not much help!

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a difference in how I applied it with my fingers. I used to dot my cheeks, chin, t-zone and then blend it into the skin but now I "tap" it into the skin. I thought it was just my bb cream that sucked but when I applied it this way my looks SO much better than when I did it the other way.

Anyway, what I do is apply the amount I need on my middle finger, rub together with middle & ring finger (both hands) then pat it onto the skin instead of "smearing" it on. I'm sorry for the bad explanation.

Hope that makes sense though! :/ Sorry if I'm not much help!

Thanks for the help, i will definitely try your technique :D

Guest coldfire-x

What is a good long-lasting foundation to use for prom ? I'm really worried about sweating it off . ):

Guest xindi

^imma steal the picture of natalie portman cos she's a great example XD

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.sugarscape.com/userfiles/natalie-portman.jpg[/img

see the highest points where her cheeks are when she smiles? thats the apple of your cheeks, basically on there and then moving in an upwards motion towards your temple is where you shld apply blush

thank you so much!! I'm so glad for this thread, I would be at a loss without it haha

Guest reenniiee_

What is a good long-lasting foundation to use for prom ? I'm really worried about sweating it off . ):

Revlon colorstay. It doesn't budge and is VERY long lasting!

I hope someone can help me out :D

Currently when i apply my BB cream, i use my fingers. I was wondering if i could also apply it with a brush, and what brush would be the best type to use ?

Quick questions :

-Who uses their fingers to apply foundation ? ? Because I've always used my fingers . . but I don't really like the finish it gives. . and I think it's time I invest in brushes. If you use a brush. which do you find is best for liquid foundations ? ?

-Can YOU tell that you're wearing foundation? Every time I wear foundation I'm always criticizing myself of how cakey/patchy it looks. . . but everyone says my skin is great. Do you look like SUPER CLOSE to the mirror when apply makeup? ? Or do you look somewhat far away . . . ?

i take bb cream, dot it around where I wanna place it, then pat it in. only then I will smoothe out with my fingers. Same technique I use for liquid foundations. and if required, I will smoothe out with a foundation sponge (those disposable types you can find in watsons, etc, in US I think target or walmart?).

yes I can tell that I'm wearing foundation, esp at the nose corners. I can be very critical and it doesn't help that I have big pores. but actually it's not as bad as what you think it is. =)

Sorry to cut your post! I think I want to try the Majolica Eyeliner pen! Is it only available online? Or can I get it at like a store or something? :D Thanks~

haha, I second this. super easy eyeliner to use. the eye pencil colours are very pretty as well, but perhaps not as smudge proof as mac powerpoints (for example). but I find that it works very well if you layer the liquid liner on top of their eye pencil. slightly smudge out effect at the end of the day =)

oh their mascaras are very good too. SUPER waterproof.

Guest surreal_v

Yes I tap my BB cream onto my skin too. I found that it works more mainly because I'm afraid rubbing the BB cream to my skin would cause it to have fine lines (i'm 17.. ) so I use a circular motion or I pat it, use the fourth finger as it doesnt execute much strength than other fingers..

A question : what shade of concealer should i get? because i read from beauty mags it is usually one or two shades lighter? but im afraid it will make my dark eye circles look greyish ...

Guest iPhets

do you all ever use an eyelash clip when putting on fake lashes?

im thinking to starting to use some (for special occasions) and being a beginner, i know its going to be messy and it seems that the tool will make things a little easier.

any opinions or suggestions to make it easier to do?

PS. i am also interested in fake bottom lashes, has anyone tried them before? o_o

Guest Yangie12

A question : what shade of concealer should i get? because i read from beauty mags it is usually one or two shades lighter? but im afraid it will make my dark eye circles look greyish ...

Yes, most people buy concealers which are one or two shades lighter than their foundation shade. My concealer is also a bit lighter than my foundation; my dark eye circles never looks greyish.

Question: whenever I tight line my eyes, it will leave black spots from my eyeliner (pencil) under my eyes. Am I doing something wrong?

Guest YukiPuu

Revlon's ColorStay Active is great! You can hit the gym with this foundation and still look great afterwards. You can find it in sealed packagings at drugstores. Michelle Phan used it in her graduation video.

Guest smilexsayumi

I have a question.

What's the make up routine for setting and applying to your face?

Like what comes first, second etc.

Primer, Base, Foundation, Concealer, Powder ?

Any others / add ons that are typically used when setting your face up with make up?

Guest <Soojin>

do you all ever use an eyelash clip when putting on fake lashes?

im thinking to starting to use some (for special occasions) and being a beginner, i know its going to be messy and it seems that the tool will make things a little easier.

any opinions or suggestions to make it easier to do?

PS. i am also interested in fake bottom lashes, has anyone tried them before? o_o

I've never used an eyelash clip when putting on lashes. I think its pretty much just a hassle and its harder for me in my opinion. Its pretty much practice makes perfect. You should buy a pair and just practice with it when you have time! it gets faster and easier to put it on after a while.

I wear fake bottom lashes almost everyday~ you just have to get used to it. The first time i've tried them on, i hated it so so much. It looked super long and all weirdd. but its pretty much one of my daily routine now o_O

Yangie;;

hmm, what do you mean black spots? like after when you try to take them off?

Guest pikasaki

chibi_cupcake: I don't use an eyelash clip. I tried to a couple times but I find it so much harder than using your hands, but maybe that's just me. Google "how to apply false eyelashes" on youtube, there's so many out there and different techniques!

One girl applied glue ON her eyelid using a thin angled eyeliner brush instead of on the lashes, then easily placed the eyelashes on her lid without worrying about the glue going everywhere. You could try that technique.

A lot of people wait for their glue to get tacky, I find this helps and it isn't as messy, just don't wait too long! Or what you could do is put a good amount of glue on and then tap it on the back of your hand to get rid of excess, instead of having to wait for it to dry.

Guest Yangie12

Yangie;;

hmm, what do you mean black spots? like after when you try to take them off?

Sorry for cutting your post.

But, ehm, I mean that when I tight line my upper waterline, it will come off throughout the day. Like when I blink with my eyes, my eyeliner will eventually come off and it will smudge under my eyes.

smilexsayumi:

For my face, I either use a base or a primer. I never use both, and to be honest, I'm not sure if there is a big difference between those two.

If you are using liquid foundation, it's:

Primer/base > Foundation > Concealer > Powder

If you are using mineral foundation, it's:

Primer/base > Concealer > Foundation

If you use liquid foundation, you shouldn't apply your concealer first because it will smudge off when you apply your foundation. It will be a hassle to re-apply and it will most likely look a bit unnatural if you have two coats of concealer.

For mineral foundation, it's better to use concealer first. So that's why the order is a bit different depending on your foundation :]

I assumed that you meant blot powder here, right? If so, you don't need to put blot powder after using mineral foundation, otherwise it will look a bit too much.

You can also use a blush or a bronzer afterwards. I like to use a blush to give myself a natural flush.

I have a question.

Any others / add ons that are typically used when setting your face up with make up?

i would think that primer and base are basically similar, i wouldn't use both at the same time haha

after that would be concealer and then foundation/powder depending on how much coverage u need.. on casual days i usually just go with the loose powder and some blush!

for days that i would like to look more 'made up' i would go for liquid foundation and then some loose powder on top to set it!

Guest Beautiful*Nightmare

I have a question.

Primer and base are the same thing.

For me, it goes moisturizer, sunscreen, primer, and then foundation. I put concealer before foundation if I need it. I don't put powder cuz for some reason my BB cream always stay on pretty much all day. Plus, My skin is dry, so if I put powder, it looks kind a cakey. But if you need the powder, then put it on the last stage.

Oh & I have a suggestion, for primer, you should try Clarins beauty flash balm, it works like a magic to me. It makes my BB last longer and give this fresh dewy look afterward. It might look too oily if your skin is oily though.

I have a question.

I am assuming primer = base.

1) your skincare

2) sunblock if you apply (I do, and I skip primer)

3) primer

4) Liquid foundation

5) concealer if required (some ppl apply concealer first, like me)

6) powder

sometimes ppl use sunblock as makeup base/primers, so the number of products you apply on youor face differs with variation, but generally these are the steps to do so.

Do sound alot yeah? haha. usually I skip primer and concealer, so that's 2 products removed from my daily usage =) I never skip powder because I'm living in a country which is summer all year round!

coldfire-x: Clinique superfit and revlon colourstay are 2 great foundations that last all day long =)

Guest honeyru

Question: when I apply my eyeliner I trace the contours of my eye it sometimes gives me uh..well I feel like it makes my eyes seem droopy, I want my eyes to look more bright and alive, how can I do this? -_-;; sorry for this comlicated question

Guest mesmorizex3

Hi guys, I wanted to ask, is it alright if me and my sister shares the same make-up? Esp. eyeliner pencil or cream eyeliner w/ brush?

Guest 小星星

Question: when I apply my eyeliner I trace the contours of my eye it sometimes gives me uh..well I feel like it makes my eyes seem droopy, I want my eyes to look more bright and alive, how can I do this? -_-;; sorry for this comlicated question

when lining your top, don't go all the way down as with many tutorials, "flick up"

Q: Seems silly but my routine is spf/foundation/powder. During the day, I need to reapply sunscreen. Do I just apply it ontop of my foundation and powder? Typically, I wash it all off and do it over again ==

Archived