Make-up Q & A Thread

Guest Nightsky1

Guest xKoFFeex

Hi I have a question about using eyeliner.

I have tried pencil, and gel (mac fluidline) and as well as waterproof liquid liners. Because my eyelids are incredibly oily, only the waterproof liquid eyeliner does not smudge for me at the end of the day. However, when I take my make up off (I use the lancome bi-facil) the eyeliner always flakes off and doesn't really stick to the pad I'm wiping it with which is not like the gel and pencil liners. Is this normal or am I taking it off incorrectly?

Also, I like to draw my eyeliner close to my waterline on the top lids or there will be a line of flesh showing but when I do this, I sometimes get eyeliner on my eyelashes and they start clumping up. Is there anything I can do about this other than trying to remove it after because when I try, I always manage to screw up my eyeliner as well :unsure: .

Thanks a lot in advance!

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this question on mind since long time ago... it's okay to wear moisturizer and then just compact powders without any base foundation?

thx!

Guest angelic_betrayal

xKoFFeex: From my experience liquid liner tends to flake off when you remove it (which I HATE) so you're not doing anything wrong. Are you using a base under your eyeliner? Perhaps using an eyeshadow base can prevent your liner from smudging so badly. I always set my pencil liner with a little eyeshadow to make it stay put longer so you can try that trick as well ^^ Try brushing through your lashes with a damp Q-tip to remove excess eyeliner :)

eivven: Yes, it is OK to wear powder without foundation or base makeup underneath :) You will get lighter coverage but if you don't need a lot of coverage then it's fine. In the summer I tend to skip heavy liquid base makeup and just apply a powder over my moisturizer to mattify my face and even out my skin tone just a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question~ I'm using a powder puff for translucent powder. How am I suppose to clean it? o.o...... I mean...there should be a way right? My friend told me to soak it in water and dry it out but idk...sounds weird ish @_@

Guest yujun

Hi I have a question about using eyeliner.

I have tried pencil, and gel (mac fluidline) and as well as waterproof liquid liners. Because my eyelids are incredibly oily, only the waterproof liquid eyeliner does not smudge for me at the end of the day. However, when I take my make up off (I use the lancome bi-facil) the eyeliner always flakes off and doesn't really stick to the pad I'm wiping it with which is not like the gel and pencil liners. Is this normal or am I taking it off incorrectly?

i used to use mac fluidline and it smudges badly on me, i would get raccoon eyes in less than 2 hours. now i use maybelline gel liner and it smudges minimally for me, and only at the end of a long day. maybe you can give it a try. i can't guarantee it'll work for you, but different products may work for you and it's cheap so i think it's worth a try. my eyelids are oily too.

My Stila smudge pot has dried out!

Does anyone know how to moisten it or is it just trash?

i read somewhere that someone used vaseline and it works, but it'll take a longer time to dry when you wear it. i don't know. never tried. personally i would try makeup remover, but i never had such a situation so never tried.

I have a question~ I'm using a powder puff for translucent powder. How am I suppose to clean it? o.o...... I mean...there should be a way right? My friend told me to soak it in water and dry it out but idk...sounds weird ish @_@

there are makeup brush cleansers, i think you can use them to clean your sponges and puffs too :)

Guest cynicalgraviton

Have any of you guys tried the dolly wink liquid eyliner? I'm looking for a really good, really black waterproof liquid liner.

Archived