Make-up Q & A Thread

Guest Nightsky1

Guest Patootie

If the question has been asked and answered before I'm sorry. I'm too lazy to backtrack.

Can someone teach me a trick or two on how to apply mascara on my lower lashes ? I have very VERY little bottom lashes ( you can probably count them ) and almost none at the tear gland area. I always have problem applying mascara on my bottom lashes so I nvr do so. But so weird with my upper lashes all long but my bottom lashes are like nothing.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest angels.disguise

^ Put a business card underneath your lashes and apply your first coat. Make sure to get all your lashes.

Wait a minute and apply a second coat. Sometimes I apply a third coat if they're not clumped.

Guest pikasaki

Whenever I tightline, sometimes the eyeliner will transfer to my lower lashline. What can I do to prevent this, or can someone recommend me a good eyeliner for tightlining? I prefer pencil liner but the one I use doesn't work very well for tightlining obviously. I am using Rimmel's pencil liner.

Guest Hours

^ I don't think you should try nyx's black bean because its meant to be a base and not an eyeliner. It'll smudge like crazy if you try to use it as your liner. I agree with strawberrynkiwi. I haven't tried loreal's but the milani one is quite comparable. The only thing different is that the milani one is softer and if its too warm it'll turn into this kinda goopy consistency.... thats what happened to me. the UD pencils are still better imo because they retain their shape better. Revlon colorstay's twist up pencils are good too. They're more pigmented than the UD liner in zero and if you set it with black eyeshadow and a primer underneath it should last all day ^^

Oops, sorry, I thought she was asking for a base. That's true, NYX is definitely too creamy to be a liner. Sorry for the mistake!

Guest love-yun

Whenever I tightline, sometimes the eyeliner will transfer to my lower lashline. What can I do to prevent this, or can someone recommend me a good eyeliner for tightlining? I prefer pencil liner but the one I use doesn't work very well for tightlining obviously. I am using Rimmel's pencil liner.

I have this problem too. Is the Rimmel pencil liner waterproof? I transferred to using waterproof eyeliner for tightlining. It doesn't smudge onto my lower lashline and stays in place for a while/long lasting. I would recommend MAC's powerpoint eye pencil.

Guest xx_harlequin

does mascara "expire"? do you have to throw it out after a certain amount of time? >___<

Guest Hours

does mascara "expire"? do you have to throw it out after a certain amount of time? >___<

Yes! Mascaras expire the fastest compared to other makeup. Throw it out after 3-4 months.

Guest PeachyPie

Last question, I promise ^_^

In what order do I apply the following to my face?

Sunscreen

Primer

Moisturizer

Guest YukiPuu

Mascara expires the fastest out of all your makeup items, because you can't sanitize it. If you search the web, you'll see that the expiration date varies from 3 months to 6 months after opening it. Also, if it doesn't smell like the way it was when you first got it, throw it out! Tip: don't pump the wand in and out, that'll dry out the mascara faster.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest milkychew

okay. i'm extremely frustrated because i thought i'd get better at this after a while but i've seen no improvement at all; how do you guys make your eyeliner symmetric, like the same on both eyes?? i'm right-handed, so i have absolutely no trouble doing my right eye. but when i go over to my left eye, i always have to position my hand in this awkward angle, and i just can never get it to look the same as my right eye. it always looks a lot worse and terrible -_- how do you guys personally do it? thanks in advance! :)

Guest lychee_poo

okay. i'm extremely frustrated because i thought i'd get better at this after a while but i've seen no improvement at all; how do you guys make your eyeliner symmetric, like the same on both eyes?? i'm right-handed, so i have absolutely no trouble doing my right eye. but when i go over to my left eye, i always have to position my hand in this awkward angle, and i just can never get it to look the same as my right eye. it always looks a lot worse and terrible -_- how do you guys personally do it? thanks in advance! :)

Do you mean winging the eyeliner? Here's a tutorial that helped me when I first started using winged eyeliner:

Guest darch

i need a really REALLY good waterproof eyeliner (liquid preferably) what's one that will never run/smudge even if i cry? im currently using urban decay's 24/7 waterproof eyeliner but it kinda smudges, and ive been meaning to switch to liquid eyeliner but i cant seem to find a waterproof one that actually works

Guest Beautiful*Nightmare

^

Try Bobby Brown eyeliner, it's a cream eyeliner though, not liquid, but it's pretty waterproof. I'm not sure if it's not going to smudge if you cry, but I wear it all the time this Summer, and so far, it's pretty smudge free :D

Guest xxmaine

I need help, what make-up base/liquid foundation brand is best for Asian skin ?

I've already tried Mac and Clinique, but it kinda too pinkish for me.

Guest milkychew

lychee_poo: oops yea forgot to mention the winged eyeliner part lol, and thanks for the link! i watched it and it helped a lot =)

Guest loveutomorrow

I'm not sure if this question's been answered yet, but, here goes:

First off, pencil liner's not the best to use when tightlining, automatic or liquid works better. I use automatic mostly, occasionally pencil. (I use Lancome's automatic eyeliner in really black, it works really well and doesn't come off during the day...until you wash it, that is. It's not waterproof)

This used to happen to me a lot...Do you close your eyes together when applying? I find that you should...aah, so hard to explain >< it's like putting in circle lenses, you know? You have to pull your top lid upwards. I use my left hand index finger to pull my top lid up, then use the other hand and apply...make sure that your eye's open though, that works the best. If your eye is closed, then chances are, it's gonna smear. Hope that helped~~ Sorry if it didn't ><

Guest loveutomorrow

Have you tried BB Cream? Etude House's BB Magic Cream Blue SPF30 PA++ works really well, it's just like foundation basically.

I'm not so sure about other foundation though, I use one but it's not for sale (I got it because my mom used to be like CEO or something).

Guest lychee_poo

^Don't double post

I heard that Bobbi Brown's foundations are pretty yellow so maybe you could try that?

Archived