[Drama 2010] Coffee House 커피하우스

Guest simplycomplex18

Okay yit, here's the prequel/how they lost their chance fic

One Second Too Late

Yes, I don't know how SY could be so dense about the whole thing. She witnessed the rejection on the rooftop and heard of a kiss. Okay, so maybe she thought that was it- nothing between them. But then JS has a ring, decides to fake a relationship purely for JW & EY's benefit, she watches him wish her happiness, trying to run away, knows that EY knows the relationship is fake, sees him destroy her wedding and still it doesn't click? And it's funny before she starts to cry, she talks about how she's now more perceptive but truth is, if JW hadn't said anything she would have remained in the dark.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sayroo

coffeehousebigbanner.png

Haru Haru Subs Presents,

Coffe House

PAGE [EPISODE] 15 *HAN*

Main Translators: deedee, boricha.

Spot Translator: fore

Timers: hitomi83, eduardjr

Editor/QC: snoopyvkd

Coordinators: sayroo, cute girl

PAGE [EPISODE] 16 *HAN*

Main Translator: pinkmokofox

Spot & Lyrics Translators: fore, songbird

Timers: starstruck, KumoYami

Editor/QC: rambutan

Coordinators: sayroo, cute girl

*Please SUPPORT fansubbers, not streaming sites! **Twitter **Wiki **Blog

DO spread the word to get High Quality english subtitles for this drama @ haru2subs.com*

Okay yit, here's the prequel/how they lost their chance fic

One Second Too Late

Yes, I don't know how SY could be so dense about the whole thing. She witnessed the rejection on the rooftop and heard of a kiss. Okay, so maybe she thought that was it- nothing between them. But then JS has a ring, decides to fake a relationship purely for JW & EY's benefit, she watches him wish her happiness, trying to run away, knows that EY knows the relationship is fake, sees him destroy her wedding and still it doesn't click? And it's funny before she starts to cry, she talks about how she's now more perceptive but truth is, if JW hadn't said anything she would have remained in the dark.

i just was there.... i love it clock :wub: :wub: :wub: waiting for part2...

I thank JB for her recapping of this drama. 

I think it was clock who pointed out earlier in this drama about SY being set up to be the antoganist or second female lead in this drama, which I could not accept.  Now, I realize that the PD did set her up for that role and the turning point for me was when her grandma told her to be "nice" to a man she likes [implied]; it's important to the character's movements and development.  I knew this was not a throw away comment.

So in the final analysis for me, SY's actions toward JS were selfish and motivated by her desires to be with him and not to help him be with EY;  whereas EY's actions toward JS were unselfish and altruistic.  EY had no ulterior motives for helping him survive and even let him go on several occasions; whereas SY's offerings of help were biased and clearly linked to getting him to rely upon her and give her his heart as told in their ending scene.....Kudos to the writer and PD for keeing this aspect of her character hidden as full-grown resentment may have ensued by this viewer to see her character shift toward selfish girl after loving her good nature. 

As the saying goes, all's fair in love and war so selfishness is clearly allowed; I'm just glad I ignored the alert going off in my head to get past the soft signals the show was making regarding this cliche.

Guest xblueberryx

well i'm glad i missed out on most of the fanwars! i mean i've read a comment here or there on soompi but yeah i just checked some recaps of the later episodes on dramabeans (of which i didn't read comments for) and there seems like be a lot of anger... and viikii comments.. i wish there could be a vote delete for some inappropriate comments =[

but yayyyyy still checking this thread from time to time for eunsoo pics and stuff :3

What was everybody doing on last night & tonight?

Feel empty without nothing to watch & discuss. :P

Here is my last fanart for CH.

eunsoo3-1.jpg

Eat....I love number "7" & happy that JS gave her 7 reason & the 7th reason was the most important. Hehehe....

EDIT : Thanks Haru-haru for give us the good sub.

EDIT 2:

omona......NO, it's not just you. :D EunSooshipper become JiYeon shipper too, hehhe...

Thanks for repost the pics.

For the 1st pic, LOOK at his arm. hehehe....It's the same position with the wed.pic.( Just notice that most of pics, KJH was on her right side).

I like the 7th-9th pic. PSY look still pretty without make-up & they had the same gesture.

Guest omona

I just finnished watching COFFEE HOUSE and loooooved it !!!

Its so light and funny, yet exciting to watch.

I was rooting for Jinsoo and Eunyoung since the beginning. And what a relief to see that they ended up happily together :)

Kang Ji Hwan and Park Shi Yeon really look awesome together !!!! and the chemistry was off the roof !!!!

Is it just me or what? Most times after watching a drama, I somehow wish for the actor and actress to be together in real life.

BUT THIS TIME.... I dont want to just wish .....THEY HAVE TO GET TOGETHER !!!!! :P

(hope its ok with you guys that I repost their pictures :) )

12804571052010073011495.jpg

ALL pictures, credit: DCinside-coffeehouse

DONT THEY LOOK JUST PERFECT TOGETHER !!!

Guest angelicaknows

I was rooting for Jinsoo and Eunyoung since the beginning. And what a relief to see that they ended up happily together :)

Kang Ji Hwan and Park Shi Yeon really look awesome together !!!! and the chemistry was off the roof !!!!

Is it just me or what? Most times after watching a drama, I somehow wish for the actor and actress to be together in real life.

BUT THIS TIME.... I dont want to just wish .....THEY HAVE TO GET TOGETHER !!!!! :P

Thank you for sharing those pictures :):w00t:

As roweina mentioned, you're not the only one! :) A lot of us would like to see Kang Ji Hwan and Park Shi Yeon get together in real life. :lol: At the very least, they need to do one or two or more projects together again, but they have to be the main romantic couple. Hah.

I realized that for the final episodes, I would have liked to have seen more interaction between Eun Young and Seung Yeon. Too bad, but at least off-camera, these two ladies have a good relationship. I'd like to see the girls work on a project together, too, wherein maybe they play friends or sisters.

Clock CH fanfic!!!

Hooray!!!

Thank you Clock! (Forever grateful!)

I couldn't even stop long enough to come here to post and immediately ran to read it- love it! JS/EY interactions are great- and I can't wait to see how EY reacts when they discover their two bespectacled men are one guy!

I also can't wait to see why on earth JS married HS. (Since he mentioned he wasn't sure later.) Okay, okay, running ahead of the story... wheeeeeee for awesome fanfic!

I too am suffering CH withdrawal... keep coming back to check and lurk and ponder. (And okay, Clock, I sheepishly admit that on my long, long flight back to the US, I actually even started a fanfic of my own too... will post it once I get a few more words in it, and you can give me feedback- love to learn from the fanfic Queen!)

Speaking of queens... thanks Axe the CH soompi queen for the latest again!

Hmm... It's nice to know that this forum is still up. :)

Btw who knows what month the sbs will be awarding their stars? :sweatingbullets: Just curious.

I think it will be in the end of this year Dec......

Thank you for answering my question zinaa. I hope our Eunsoo / Jiyeon will get the best couple award. :wub:

Yeah maybe ppl viewed to update review and now the drama finished it's decreased. But who are real fans till update and discuss more ... Will you ? ?? :)

Ofcourse I will. :) I'm actually looking for more news and updates about our Jiyeon. :wub: I've even voted on some polls and I totally love the results. :lol: Coffee House is on the lead for the best korean drama this year. I think it's partly because of our Eunsoo. :wub:

Guest xblueberryx

DONT THEY LOOK JUST PERFECT TOGETHER !!!

i too was an eunsooer from episode one. they just have undeniable chemistry. even from the beginning they already had that vibe where you're like hey they're flirting they're flirting!! =] SQUEEEEEE at the last pic. saved it. my 2nd fav pic of them after the JW punching KJH pic where PSY is leaning on him. and he looks so happy =]

Guest icelise

Like many of you all, I'm having a hard time "letting go" of CH--it was/is an awesome drama. I really don't understand how people can call it "bad." I'm starting to rewatch it again and loving the parallels/echoes that are prevalent between episodes. The chemistry between PSY and KJH is undeniable (I'm confused on how others can't see/feel it, but whatev) and I must admit that this is the first time after watching a drama that I hoped the chemistry spilled over into real life! A girl can dream/hope, right? :D

@jma030201 Thao posted some links to banners/wallpapers a page or so back, I believe. Btw, Thao thanks so much for sharing them!

@msklolia I really didn't catch that about SY's motives, which I'm glad I did otherwise I might not have liked the character as much knowing that she was doing everything to try and turn JS's heart toward her (but hey, all's fair in love and war). However, this drama never failed to deliver the message that JS was never swayed romantically by SY.

@angie I joined the Eunsoo ship late only because I finally could not deny the chemistry between the two. I agree that the chemistry that JS had with SY was more of a mentor/mentee one rather than anything romantic.

@clock and yit You two have such a wonderful way with words--I truly am envious! Thanks for feeding my CH addiction with your fics.

@axerine Thank you so much for continuing to bring us news regarding CH. You are just awesome :D

clock: Thanks a lot.

It is very nice writting.  I am very excited to wait for the next chap.   Your fanfic makes me now imigined again their story in the University,  and I am very curious what happens next between them..

Yit: Thanks for your asking clock to write the fanfic... I laugh when I saw clock wrote: ''But yitiantulong wanted fic and since she always gets what she wants… lol…. Anyway, feel free to blame her for this!''   :D.   So cute! between you two.

Omo: Thanks for sharing again the pics.  I love to see them.

I also want to see JI-YEON ship for real.

Axe:  Thanks again for your link.

In the fourth pictures of a Korean fan blog, it seems that PSY sat next to KJH & then she stand up to answer the phone...

Angel:  I expect also them to do more projects together in the future.  Perhaps I am looking forward to their real relationship a lot.  Should I expect nothing?  haha The more hope the more disappointing...Now maybe I am confused between their chemistry in filmming & their private life.

Rowe:  Thanks for noticing his arm in the first pic posted by Omo.  Did he has the same habit when taking the pic with the other actresses, or only with PSY?

Thanks again for all of people here still active in this website, otherwise it is boring....

:crazy: Okay, so I was completely wrong about who I thought JS would end up with. LOL

God, I was so sure it would be SY, too! I guess that was because I thought the drama would be much longer, though.

Well, anyway, I actually still enjoyed the ending, so it's all good.

Everything was just wrapped up nicely and I loved how every character had his or her happy ending. :)

Miss Eun Jeong, or SY- I was a bit pained to see her not end up with JS, but she nevertheless played her role very well. I was impressed by her acting! Definitely looking forward to her future works. :D

Ji Hwan<33 the most PERFECT person to play JS. I couldn't have picked anyone better!! Can I say HOT? LOVE the whole smart-and-sexy thing, and Ji Hwan was the DEFINITION of that in this drama.

And of course Si Yeon- Miss President ;). She undeniably did an awesome job in this drama. So elegant and SO gorgeous. Always a fan!

Cheers to CH! <3

Guest angelicaknows

jma, Thao posted a link to her banners and wallpaper a couple of pages back :) I now have that wallpaper on my laptop, too. :D

icelise, we'll just have to anchor our late ship to the EunSoo luxury line. ;) You're right. It's really hard not to get on board this ship. By the 18th episode, I think I was already fangirling on EunSoo. Their chemistry was an unexpected. I know there aren't a lot of people who like Brad and Angelina (they're rather polarizing), but the first time I saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith, I kind of hoped they would hook up. Look how that came to be ;)

clock and yit, You guys are awesome! I'm not into fanfics, but I can't wait to read the complete ones you two will come up with. Don't forget to continue sharing it here. We should keep this thread alive till Christmas Eve or till the DVDs come out. :lol:

Thuc, Amen, sister! But hey, it's okay to hope. ;) We just need to make sure we don't get too obsessed that we become disappointed. However, since there's still a possibility that a Ji-Yeon can happen or at the least a future project or more between them, then, we may not even be disappointed. :D Heh. Look at what happened between Brad and Angelina or Hyun Bin and Song Hye-Gyo. With Hyun Bin and Song Hye Gyo, they eased into their relationship rather gradually instead of instantly, so, you never know ;) Kang Ji Hwan and Park Shi Yeon may cave in to their on-screen chemistry with each other and make it for real.

Axe, thank you for the fashion links. Over all, Park Shi Yeon has great fashion sense. She dresses with confidence and such freshness. And Kang Ji Hwan. Hubbah, hubbah! I think that's how he also dresses in real life. He's got awesome fashion taste, too. Swoon. Now, if we can just get him to nix the smoking.

They both carry the clothes so well, instead of the clothes wearing them.

I really didn't catch that about SY's motives, which I'm glad I did otherwise I might not have liked the character as much knowing that she was doing everything to try and turn JS's heart toward her (but hey, all's fair in love and war).  However, this drama never failed to deliver the message that JS was never swayed romantically by SY.

They put a spin on her character by making her not fight with the female lead as she did not suspect anything between JS and EY as confirmed by the conversations with JW and JS in epi 18.  She fought this battle for his heart one-on-one with JS by being "nice" as grandma told her men like this quality...Oh, well.....

Axe: Thanks for your link.  They dress look like their casual clothes.  Most of PSY clothes are dress, skirt, T-shirt.  She wears rarely trousers.  Sleeveless vests are KJH's favourite type.

Angel:  After seeing the drama ''The World that they live in'', I wanted to know the couple Hyun Bin and Song Hye Gyo to become for real or not :D.  Fortunately they are actually a pair in the real life.  I am very happy to see that SHG can find her Right & be happy again after her first love with Lee Byung Hun.  For the couple Brad and Angelina, I do not like them, not because they are not lovely.  The reason is that Brad was unfairthful to his ex-wife, and fell in love to Aneglina...:D This is just only my opinion. 

For PSY & KJH, thanks for your opinion, I could be hope more again...:D  I still beleive that they could be have some feelings towards each other, thus they can creat a very great chemistry in this drama.  I agree with Thao comments: ''the fact that they "ignored" each other, I d think it 's defintily  caused by KJH ,since SY has been really opened and friendly with all her  co-stars.''  Perhaps throughout this drama, they find each other their Right next to them, not far away...:D

Archived