Best Brand of Colored Contacts?

Guest paintmepistachio

Guest paintmepistachio

Does anyone here wear colored contacts on a regular basis? I've tried Freshlook in honey before and it looks really nice, but it makes my vision blurry. :( I'm looking for comfortable non-drying colored contacts I can wear almost everyday~

For regular contacts, I wear Acuvue Oasys after my old contacts became super drying. It's made my eyes a lot more comfortable. I went on www.clearlycontacts.ca and found that they sell Acuvue colored contacts too! Has anyone tried Acuvue 2 Colors Opaques or Acuvue 2 Enhancers?

or Is there a brand or site you recommend? Thanks! ;)

Honestly... I wouldn't recommend wearing any sort of colored contacts everyday for a long period of time. Acuvue Colors and Freshlooks (Vistakon vs. Ciba) really seem the same to me except for the color differences. But in my experiences, the colored contacts that my optometrists recommend the most is the freshlook colorblends.

Guest oreoo

I havent tried any other except freshlook but I agree, having contacts to make your eyes blur is a bit... annoying. Pointless as well if the point of contacts is to help with your vision...

=_=

Guest WhiteRabbitsTime

I love Freshlook Color Blends<3

I have astigmatism in both eyes and never had a problem with this brand.

Guest paintmepistachio

^ both. I wear normal contacts everyday. I'm looking for one that can do both without blurring like how freshlook does.

Guest love.ly

uhm ... well it sounds like you have pretty bad dry eyes . i wouldn't suggest you wear colored contacts at all since they usually make it worse .

Guest tinatran_

i've worn Freshlook's Green contacts for about a year and after awhile, it dried my eyes sooo bad! T_T my optometrist said Freshlook is more recommended for asians because most of us have different shades of brown and the blends of colors on Freshlook make it seem more natural, apparently. and i think with ALL color contacts, it'll block your vision at some point. i mean, they have to use an opaque print as the color so it can actually show up on your eye. right?

i've switched to Acuvue Oasis and they're so comfortable! i really want to try their color contacts, but idk if they'll look good. all i know is, for the Acuvue 2 Enhancers, only people with blue or green eyes could wear it and the contacts will enhance the color to make it more brighter. my optometrist said it shouldn't be worn on medium/dark brown eyes cause the effect wouldn't show, so it'd be a waste of money. O__o

ps, i've just googled for some reviews for the Acuvue 2 Opaques, and dang.. such bad reviews. O__O

http://www0.epinions.com/reviews/Johnson_J...es_Contact_Lens

if it blurs/dries your eyes, don't wear them! its not worth it if you get dry eyes in return.

I wear Acuvue Oasys too! Really comfy, considering its the only brand I've ever tried (besides the horrible fifty50 brand my eye doctor first recommended - I had to ask for Acuvue Oasys specifically myself).

Guest Searesrayne

Perhaps it's your contact lenses solution... I use a different one for my clears 1 then my color... I can't use renu for colored it just ends up getting blurry.

The thing with solotica is that the lenses are super thick, and it's can irritate your eyes and it doesn't let your eyes breathe...

• 4 months later...

My sister wears Acuvue 2 Colours and she said she has no problem with it except for the occasion dry eyes. I don't think the colors look natural though.

I only wear clear contacts myself but have been wanting to try out colored ones. Does anyone know if you need a different prescription for colored contacts if you already have a prescription for clear contacts? My optometrist is over 100 miles away so I can only visit her office on university breaks.

Guest SugarTeaCoffeeCream

My sister wears Acuvue 2 Colours and she said she has no problem with it except for the occasion dry eyes. I don't think the colors look natural though.

I only wear clear contacts myself but have been wanting to try out colored ones. Does anyone know if you need a different prescription for colored contacts if you already have a prescription for clear contacts? My optometrist is over 100 miles away so I can only visit her office on university breaks.

yea you do need another prescription for colored contacts. however, some places (usually online) will sell them to you even if you don't have the prescription. They'll just ask for your doctor's number and call them/fax them, asking them if they have the prescription for your colored contacts. If your doctor doesn't respond, they'll send you the contacts anyways because you paid for it and they're required to under the federal law. I don't think it'll work the same way in stores though.

^ Thanks for the reply. :] I was trying to order colored contacts on 1800contacts.com but it asked for my doctor's info, so I stopped since I only have a prescription for clear contacts. I didn't think I'd need another prescription since the brand for the color contacts I want is the same brand for my clear ones. I didn't know they'd do what you said they'd do if they couldn't reach my doctor though.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DanniiBlu

As for the best brand it really is a question you should ask your eye doctor. Everyones eyes are different and what's good for the goose ain't always good for the gander when it comes to everyones eyes. Brands most frequently pushed are Acuvue 2 Colors and FreshLook Colors/Colorblends. They're the most readily available and pretty much carried everywhere. If you have a naturally small iris and a naturally small base curve Acuvue 2 Colors would be great. If not don't bother the small base curve will cause the lens to slide all over and the smalle pattern will look akward when your natural eye color leaks around part of the lens. There are TONS of different brands. I highly recommend doing a visit with your eye doctors office and ask to be fitted for colored lenses. The vision can get blurry from time to time depending on the fit. This has to do with hte pupil hole. It can sometimes obscure the vision as the lens slides around your eyes occasionally. As for needing a whole new fit that really depends. Sometimes you do sometimes you don't. For instance if you wear Acuvue 2 lenses and want Acuvue 2 Colors, you wear FreshLook Handling Tint and you want to try FreshLook Colors/Colorblends/Radiance, you wear Biomedics 55 and you want to try Expressions, you wear Focus Dailies and you want to try FreshLook One Day than you don't need a refit. The colored lenses are based off of their clear counter part and aside from the lenses being colored have the same fits and specifications. If you wear any of them and want a different lens than you would need a new fit. As for me personally, I wear Natural Touch and Elegance as my daily lenses. I've been wearing colored lenses everyday for more than 12 years for 10+ hours a day and my vision has gotten no worse than it would have with regular age related macular degeneration. A few years back it stabalized and hasn't changed yet. The only difference was at that time my lenses were re adjusted for my astigmatism due to my lack of desire to wear any toric lenses.

Guest -heartbeeps

I've worn Freshlooks in green, blue, & grey. I had excellent experience with all of them with absolutely no blurring. 

Maybe it's your contact lens care routine? Use Clear Care. It makes a difference!

Hmmm... I haven't had any luck with colored contacts because all the optometrists I've gone to (a different one each year, btw) have told me that no brands make them in my prescription. So I'm pretty much stuck with clear contacts, but that's okay. I wish I could wear circle lens once in a while (aka during Halloween), but it's all good. You only have one set of eyes in your entire life, so there's no use in messing mine up. My sister used to wear the Freshlook Colorblends, but now she is only wearing the Acuvue ones because the Freshlooks don't come in her prescription (her prescription is too high). I love how the colorblends look so natural though. BTW My sister wears colored contacts all day and her eyes are never irritated or dry. It definitely depends on the person. Unfortunately, my other two sisters and I suffer from dry eyes, so yea... ;/ Especially during the winter, my eyes are really dry when I wear my eyeglasses!

BTW I noticed that many of you wear the Acuvue Oasys lenses and like them. Wow... I HATE Acuvue Oasys! I liked them for the first two weeks on the trial pair, So I ordered a few boxes. Then I opened two boxes (I have different prescriptions for each eye) and OMG... the contacts would irritate my eyes after 6 hours! And I was only able to wear the pair for a week! So I decided to finish the two boxes of contacts, and return the other boxes I ordered. Seriously, I have a popped blood vessel on my eye now because of those damn Acuvue Oasys. The problem was that the trial pair fit was fine, so I don't know what happened! And my eyes felt like they were throbbing after using the second pair... NEVER AGAIN! I must be allergic to the hydroclear coating or something, but I'm surprised that nothing happened when I wore the trial pair...

Guest ♥Cinna♥

isn't solotica really good? i'm in love with their hidrocharme ice (by reviews and pictures). I can't wait to get one!! (i'm hoping for summer after I get a summer job :])

Oooh Solotica contacts are so pretty! I wish I could find a store that sells them, even the light colored ones look good with dark eyes.

Let's see, I've tried Freshlook (green and honey), which looks natural, but it really messed up my vision, and it does tend to dry fast.

I have Sophistic contacts, compared to other brands they're quite comfortable, but they're hand-painted which makes it cost about 3 times more than most contacts, and they only look good from a distance. I have the grey ones on right now, the design on it is really nice but for some reason it just doesn't look that good when I put it on, in fact I feel a bit like a zombie.

Now my all time favorite is the Rainbow brand. I have brown eyes and the minute I put on these contacts everyone started to say "Wow I never noticed that your eyes were green!" Extremely natural, comfortable and a lot less blurry compared to Freshlook. My friend also has the hazel colored one, and I have to use every inch of my will power not go out and buy those right now. You can't even tell she has contacts on unless you're in kissing distance and you're focusing really hard on seeing the contacts. If you're gonna buy contacts, go with Rainbow.

Guest Blu_Velvet_Sea

wear coloured contacts everyday? your eye sight might worsen more than usual. I am speaking from experience with fresh looks compared w/ clear contacts optix2 :(. I was a -3.75 and -3.25 and it changed to a -4.45 on both. In my previous years w/o use of coloured contacts, it either doesn't change or it only gets worse by a .05 or so.

What I plan to do now is just wear coloured for going out and special occasions.

Archived