Post your skin type and makeup needs,and I'll recommend a BB cream for you

Guest semicollante

Guest semicollante

I have tried over 40 BB creams from major brands
Luckily, when I first got introduced to BB creams, I had to travel back and forth between Korea and USA, so it was easy for me to find the perfect BB cream. Still, I tried around 60 BB creams and have 24 in my collection. I used about 40 of those BB creams about a week before laying down the verdict, so I know them very well.

Post your skin type and what you want from a BB cream, and I'll recommend a BB cream for you.

For example, you can say, you have pale, dry and acne prone skin, demanding a natural looking, medium coverage, natural finish BB cream, I would recommend the Hanskin Super Magic BB cream, etc.

If you like my recommendations, please express your gratitude by visiting my shop at

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=336635

I do sell a few BB creams, but it's mostly other Korean makeup items. (so no, I am not recommending you BB creams so that I can sell them :)) I am moving soon, so all items are on clearance and I want them sold ASAP. :)

I will try my best to reply promptly, but because of the large number of replies (thank you for your interest :), I am very happy I can help you), I cannot promise to answer within the same day. I will usually answer within three days of your posting, but within 1 week at the latest. I hope you understand. I don't want to rush through the recommendations. I want to make sure to tell you as much as I can. :) Sorry for any inconvenience.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest amar281

Skin type: Normal/oily at T-zone by end of day

Breakouts before the "monthly time" but not super clear skin either.

Natural looking, not too heavy coverage.

Guest semicollante

Skin type: Normal/oily at T-zone by end of day

Breakouts before the "monthly time" but not super clear skin either.

Natural looking, not too heavy coverage.

I would recommend a BB cream with light coverage, and almost no oil control capabilities. Please control your T-zone by dabbing a translucent powder on that area or blotting, because I think a good oil control BB cream may make you feel dry.

I would recommend skin79 Lovely Girl BB cream, it has a light coverage, buildable to medium coverage, with a natural-matte finish. Or if you are looking for SPF, I would recommend Jadilla J Whitening BB cream.

Hope this helps :)

Guest tonhyuk0735

Hey, just want to thank you for spending time recommending this good stuff to us..^^

My skin type is

- dry during winter, may have a bit of oil towards the end of the day just the nose area. It gets realllly tight after I wash my face (using cleanser). Can be very dry around cheek area.

- a lot of sweat & quite some oil during summer time.

- I don't have acne just blackhead on my nose.

- im looking for light coverage natural flawless looking :) I have yellow undertone (typical Vietnamese skin color)

Thanks a lot!

Guest LeeJaejinisLOVE

uhh.. hmm.. i've never tried BB cream.. well at least not that i know of Oo" but i want to try some.

i don't really break out normally until recently, around my forehead and the area above my nose and between my eyebrows. and 2-3 blemishes on/around my nose. I think I have normal skin since its not really oily or dry. It gets minorly oily at my forehead at the end of the day, but I have fringes which probably contribute to this factor. I don't use cream/moisturizer/lotion on my face on a daily basis and apply when I feel dryness which would be about 2-3 days. I don't wear make up regularly/often. My nose gets dry easily when I apply makeup.

My skin is pale/yellowish. I want something natural but covers up blemishes well. Something cheap as well ^^

kinda vague/strange? yeah I don't really know myself ^^"

Guest semicollante

Hey, just want to thank you for spending time recommending this good stuff to us..^^

My skin type is

- dry during winter, may have a bit of oil towards the end of the day just the nose area. It gets realllly tight after I wash my face (using cleanser). Can be very dry around cheek area.

- a lot of sweat & quite some oil during summer time.

- I don't have acne just blackhead on my nose.

- im looking for light coverage natural flawless looking :) I have yellow undertone (typical Vietnamese skin color)

Thanks a lot!

You are very welcome! :) From what I'm hearing, you may need two different BB creams for winter and summer. For winter, skin79 Oriental (purple) may be very nice (because it is moisturizing), and also includes a blush in the packaging if you choose the bottle type. There is also a tube type that is $1 cheaper without the blush. For your T-zone, try using translucent powder or blotting. For summer, I think skin79 Dream Girls would be great for oil control, and it has a rather light coverage. It is also yellow in tone. However, it does not have SPF. I think Missha Vita may also be great if you want SPF, but it does not offer as much oil control. Just a side note, even if you are sweating, try to only dab at it using clean tissues, and never wipe with your fingers, because it may cause acne. :)

Unfortunately, BB cream doesn't really solve black heads, but using one with good oil control (and cleansing twice a day) will prevent it.

Guest Berryxb

I have combination/oily skin, I Breakout a lot esp during the monthly time. i think i'll want a medium coverage or something to cover my acne scar marks :( thank you!

Guest vivian0304

my skin type is oily, and pale, kinda pink around the cheek while the rest is yellow

i had alot dark spot and scars because of blemishes that i wish to cover all

I tried Missha Perfect Cover #21, it kinda match my skin color, but make me feel oily and dirty if i use it with moisturizer

I also tried Liole, it kinda pink for my skin

I want something with good coverage also natural that i dont feel "thick" and "heavy" when i wear it

thanks

Guest semicollante

uhh.. hmm.. i've never tried BB cream.. well at least not that i know of Oo" but i want to try some.

i don't really break out normally until recently, around my forehead and the area above my nose and between my eyebrows. and 2-3 blemishes on/around my nose. I think I have normal skin since its not really oily or dry. It gets minorly oily at my forehead at the end of the day, but I have fringes which probably contribute to this factor. I don't use cream/moisturizer/lotion on my face on a daily basis and apply when I feel dryness which would be about 2-3 days. I don't wear make up regularly/often. My nose gets dry easily when I apply makeup.

My skin is pale/yellowish. I want something natural but covers up blemishes well. Something cheap as well ^^

kinda vague/strange? yeah I don't really know myself ^^"

I think it's important to have a good skincare regimen with cleansers twice a day and a moisturizer. A moisturizer serves as a barrier between your skin and your foundation, so that's probably why you feel dry when wearing makeup. I think the Jadilla J Original BB cream would be ideal. It has light to medium coverage, natural matte finish, heals whiteheads fairly quickly, and it is "cheap" (I mean $20 online, and much cheaper at my shop). Hope this helps :)

I have combination/oily skin, I Breakout a lot esp during the monthly time. i think i'll want a medium coverage or something to cover my acne scar marks :( thank you!

I would recommend Hanskin Super Magic BB cream for acne prone skin, but it is quite moisturizing. You could dust translucent oil control powder over it, but there are also other BB creams you could try. Skin79 Pink BB cream and the Diamond Total BB cream would be ideal (I think I have the latter in my shop) too, but they are not as good as Hanskin at controlling blemishes.

Guest Rockette

Hi! Thanks for taking time to recommend a good BB Cream brand for us. :)

My skin is combination/oily since it's normal in the morning but towards the afternoon and in the middle of the day it begins to get oily especially on my forehead and nose. >.<

I don't know why but when I put on BB cream on my forehead, perhaps due to the oiliness or something it disappears. O_O so my forehead tends to be darker due to the absence of BB cream.

My skintone is pale with somewhat of a reddish undertone. My forehead tends to darken when my face gets too oily or when I go out in the sun. I'm looking something that has a natural finish but with good coverage, good oil control and would last for at least 6 hours or so.

Thanks! ^^

-Rockette

Guest semicollante

my skin type is oily, and pale, kinda pink around the cheek while the rest is yellow

i had alot dark spot and scars because of blemishes that i wish to cover all

I tried Missha Perfect Cover #21, it kinda match my skin color, but make me feel oily and dirty if i use it with moisturizer

I also tried Liole, it kinda pink for my skin

I want something with good coverage also natural that i dont feel "thick" and "heavy" when i wear it

thanks

Hanskin is the best for healing and preventing blemishes, but it can be a bit heavy. I think you could try using a medium coverage BB cream with good oil control (VOV Castledew is good, Etude house mineral BB cream is good), dab concealer over spots, and using a good powder over it. :)

Guest palooh

Hi :D! Thank you for this haha :]

So anyways,

My skin type is dry

(I have eczema, but my face isn't that dry compared to my eczema spots on my hands)

My skin is also a kind of sensitive ]:

By the end on the day my "T" zone

on my face is a little oily but only like a thin layer.

I barely ever get pimples but when I do it is caused if I don't clean off all my makeup (which is rare)

I want a very natural light coverage, also build able. I also want something that can stand the Arizona heat

because it can get up to like 110 degrees in the summer D:

Thank yoo <3

Guest AnonEMus

I don't think it'll hurt to try this especially since I have only tried one BB cream. I have dry skin especially during the winter weather. I'm okay now thankfully... hehe~ I'm medium tone skin; recently been told I'm NC35 at MAC if that helps. I have a lot of yellow and red undertones, and I'm allergic to oxybenzone from SPF/sunscreen products. For that reason, I'm careful when it comes to SPF products. ;)

Guest LeeJaejinisLOVE

wait by blemishes i meant scars. i have this one scar/idk what it is but it doesn't go away. does this BB cream heal it and get rid of pimples/acne/breakout.. whatever it is that I have.

also, how does ordering work?

Guest semicollante

Hi! Thanks for taking time to recommend a good BB Cream brand for us. :)

My skin is combination/oily since it's normal in the morning but towards the afternoon and in the middle of the day it begins to get oily especially on my forehead and nose. >.<

I don't know why but when I put on BB cream on my forehead, perhaps due to the oiliness or something it disappears. O_O so my forehead tends to be darker due to the absence of BB cream.

My skintone is pale with somewhat of a reddish undertone. My forehead tends to darken when my face gets too oily or when I go out in the sun. I'm looking something that has a natural finish but with good coverage, good oil control and would last for at least 6 hours or so.

Thanks! ^^

-Rockette

You are very welcome :) I think you should dab a primer on your forehead before applying BB creams. I knew many friends whose makeup disappeared on their foreheads. And then you should dust powder on your forehead if you don't want to do it for the rest of your face. Jadilla J Original BB cream was really good at oil control, and had a medium (buildable) coverage. It has a matte natural finish, leaning towards matte. The famous Missha Perfect Cover would also be great, but it is not as good at oil control. Many BB creams with good coverage may feel heavy and moisturizing, but if you use a oil controling primer under, it may help. Still, I used Jadilla J original for 10 hours, and it did not budge (except getting a little oily at the corners of my nose) even though I used no powder. However, I have combination skin, so if you have oily skin, it may last only 6 hours on you. Missha Watery may also be good. It looks very natural, and is not heavy. Some people, however, are allergic to it.

Guest Sleepie

Thanks for offering to help! (Also, WOW 60 BB creams @_@)

I have oily skin (esp now with warmer weather), MUFE HD foundation in Desert (color) matches well. I just want to even out my skin tone & hide acne scars, sunscreen/anti-aging/whitening effects aren't as important to me. I've tried Missha Perfect Cover in 23 but it makes me look gray (seriously) and Missha Watery but it's a bit too pale for me & I look like a ghost in pictures.

Thanks for any recs you have ^^

Guest semicollante

wait by blemishes i meant scars. i have this one scar/idk what it is but it doesn't go away. does this BB cream heal it and get rid of pimples/acne/breakout.. whatever it is that I have.

also, how does ordering work?

Yes, it does tend to even out your skintone very well. However, you may also wish to use some skincare products.

I only have a few items in my shop, so if you want any of those, please PM me. If the BB cream you want is not in my shop, please try ebay.com :)

Hi :D! Thank you for this haha :]

So anyways,

My skin type is dry

(I have eczema, but my face isn't that dry compared to my eczema spots on my hands)

My skin is also a kind of sensitive ]:

By the end on the day my "T" zone

on my face is a little oily but only like a thin layer.

I barely ever get pimples but when I do it is caused if I don't clean off all my makeup (which is rare)

I want a very natural light coverage, also build able. I also want something that can stand the Arizona heat

because it can get up to like 110 degrees in the summer D:

Thank yoo <3

It sounds like you have great skin. :) I think skin79 Dream Girls BB cream is great for oil control and light coverage. However, it has no SPF. Laneige recently came out with their first BB cream, and it is wonderful for looking natural, good oil control (but not like Dream Girls), and buildable coverage. It has a SPF 41. Both are long lasting. :) A translucent powder or blotting may help your T-zone area.

I think with your skintone leaning towards tan, the choices of BB creams is limited. I don't know what kind of coverage you are looking for, but Missha Original has no SPF, and is great with dry skin. :)

I don't think it'll hurt to try this especially since I have only tried one BB cream. I have dry skin especially during the winter weather. I'm okay now thankfully... hehe~ I'm medium tone skin; recently been told I'm NC35 at MAC if that helps. I have a lot of yellow and red undertones, and I'm allergic to oxybenzone from SPF/sunscreen products. For that reason, I'm careful when it comes to SPF products. ;)

Guest Daylightful

Wow! That is a lot of BB cream! I'm interested in trying my first BB cream! So thanks for the help!

I have dark skin but I plan on mixing it with foundation to match my complexion.

Generally I have very very dry skin. I never had acne so I don't have to worry, but I do have noticeable blemishes. More than likely from the sun so anything with spf would be awesome. Thank you so much!! -^__^-/)

Guest semicollante

Thanks for offering to help! (Also, WOW 60 BB creams @_@)

I have oily skin (esp now with warmer weather), MUFE HD foundation in Desert (color) matches well. I just want to even out my skin tone & hide acne scars, sunscreen/anti-aging/whitening effects aren't as important to me. I've tried Missha Perfect Cover in 23 but it makes me look gray (seriously) and Missha Watery but it's a bit too pale for me & I look like a ghost in pictures.

Thanks for any recs you have ^^

You are very welcome. :) Yeah, I dashed into the BB cream craze, and happily, I don't even need much coverage anymore, but I still wear a high SPF BB cream for protection. Missha BB cream tend to look gray on some people, so I think you might avoid that brand all together. skin79 BB creams tend to have colors more suitable to your complexion. I recommend Diamond Total SPF 37 from skin79, and Jadilla J Whitening BB cream SPF 30 (color #2). The skin79 one has better oil control, but there is a possibility it may be pale for you. Jadilla J color #2 would be just right, but its oil control is not as great. It is marketed as a protection BB cream, with light to medium coverage, average oil control, average SPF, etc. It's still a love for one of my friends though. The skin79 BB cream, however, has great coverage (medium, buidable to medium-full), good oil control (10+ hours on my combination skin without powder), and it has great evening properties

is bb cream only for girls? like foundation type of thing?

It's actually a multitasking sort of thing, with SPF, moisturizer, oil control, and yes, foundation properties. For guys, I would recommend skin79 Classic Intense premium BB cream. I bought one for myself, but my s/o took it :D

Wow! That is a lot of BB cream! I'm interested in trying my first BB cream! So thanks for the help!

I have dark skin but I plan on mixing it with foundation to match my complexion.

Generally I have very very dry skin. I never had acne so I don't have to worry, but I do have noticeable blemishes. More than likely from the sun so anything with spf would be awesome. Thank you so much!! -^__^-/)

I would recommend BRTC caviar BB cream, or the skin79 gold Label BB cream. The latter has a SPF of 30 if I remember correctly. BRTC, however, is reported to be one of the best BB creams with healing properties. In my opinion, it's more hit or miss. Some people love them, while I can never justify their high price tag. Hanskin BB cream with SPF 30 is also very good. It evens skintone very well, and is moisturizing. :)

Archived