[Drama 2010] Even Mom is Pretty / Pretty Mom 엄마도 예쁘다

dramaluv3r101

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest b00kw0rm

But that's because Hawaiians are normal tongue2.gif The 3Ds talk a lot about filial piety and that's why they put up with dear ole Dad and his loud mistress. But what about filial piety toward the only parent who has been by their worthless side since they were born? If its not love, then what about devotion or duty to her to make Dad and his mistress stop their nonsense in HER HOUSE AND HER DINER? What's another one or two more persons to live off her?! Seriously. And in the real world, the curator would be so badly beaten she couldn't even mutter the word 'lowlife!'.

But that's because Hawaiians are normal tongue2.gif The 3Ds talk a lot about filial piety and that's why they put up with dear ole Dad and his loud mistress. But what about filial piety toward the only parent who has been by their worthless side since they were born? If its not love, then what about devotion or duty to her to make Dad and his mistress stop their nonsense in HER HOUSE AND HER DINER? What's another one or two more persons to live off her?! Seriously. And in the real world, the curator would be so badly beaten she couldn't even mutter the word 'lowlife!'.

Have to say...the actress playing the Curator is doing a great job of acting and drawing out the emotions of the viewers. It is the first time that I have seen her in anything other than a period drama.

Guest 2Van123

and other than her usual role of being a slave. I guess the power rush got to her! After numerous shows, finally she isn't the lowlife! haha :w00t: Nice going JH, carrying on such a long conversation with yourself just to clue Mdm Curator in on things that are none of her business!

Guest b00kw0rm

That was an anti-climax, right? wanted more tantrums and tears of frustration from her! I wonder if the Curator has proof that WJ is Chairman Hong's biological son or is this another proof of her clever, legal training that 1+1 = $5m .. for the lawyer! And every time she makes an unfounded remark, all the people just accept her word as truth and scramble around like headless chickens!

JH told the Chairman that they are living in a rented house. But earlier in the drama, she and dumber mortgaged the house to finance their aerobics studio. How do you mortgage a house you do not own? And here, I thought Jenny's Mum is the only crook in town :lol: She said she could not understand her Mum giving all that money to charity while the family was living in a rented house. But its okay to sponge off your Mum, right, JH :vicx:

Guest b00kw0rm

I doubt that he is. The crazy curator started getting ideas when Jenny told her WJ and she saw Mrs Lee at the orphanage. She said Mrs Lee has been supporting the orphanage for many years. Once a year on a particular date, Mrs Lee makes an annual pilgrimage to the orphanage and we have seen an orphan celebrating his birthday on that day and at her diner too :) So we know who the real son is!

I guess the curator happily jumping to conclusions and making life difficult for everyone (yet again!) had to happen to make Jenny ditch her Mum. She will know that her Mum keeps her around only to make use of her. Up to now, she thought her Mum truly loves her.

Guest b00kw0rm

Who is the curator that she waltzes in and the orphanage staff dishes the dirt on Mrs Lee? Isn't there such a thing as confidentiality? She knows the name of Mrs Lee's son and that Mrs Lee went back for the boy a couple of years after giving him up for adoption (I guess that would be some consolation when the son hears of it).

Even if WJ is the biological son of Hong and Mrs Lee, how could WJ and JS have committed incest? They would have had to have known of the relationship for it to be considered incest. But JS did tell her sister twice (when she spoke of the probability of getting pregnant) that nothing happened .. maybe they just enjoyed a good cuddle and innocent sleep in each other's arms :)

The curator is showing more and more signs of a shady fly-by-night lawyer!

It just amazes me how quickly Wujin fell for the Curator's line. Pardon me but I like to compare the situation to real life in Hawaii. Once again before even listening to the whole deal...she would have been talking to the hand.

Incest between the two is implied but very probable. Whether knowing it or not doesn't change the fact that it was incest. Only if they are blood related. This is Korean and not the U.S. Southwest or hillbilly country.

Back in the early days of this badly-written and terribly-acted drama (and I cannot remember the exact episode) when Wujin was living by himself and things were lover-dovey with his subordinate, a.k.a. miss ditzy, JS did sleep with Wujin because the writer inserted a scene of them lying together in bed.

...prior to that post-coital scene, Wujin enticed Miss Ditzy by telling her to the effect that he wanted to 'mark' her as his woman and voila! next scene was them in bed together, with bare-shouldered ditzy smiling at dogface and dogface making typical promises men make after they've done the deed. What's implied in subsequent episodes is that since that first time, Wujin & Ditzy has had additional intimate relations because the writer took great pains to hint to us henceforth that it was common practice for ditzy to go running to his apartment like a female dog in heat...that's why when the breakup came, it was so hard for dogface to let go, and he pleaded with her to remember all the 'good times' they spent together in his apartment: Why aren't you coming to my place like you used to? I seriously don't think he was talking abt playing poker or video games in HIS apartment.

Yes, JS did tell JH more than twice (and to her mother) that nothing happened between her and WJ and she was LYING thru her teeth...come on, do you honestly expect ditzy to tell her sister and mother, she was banging her own boss? Regularly.

Add to that fact, ditzy for a long time kept denying she had no more feelings for wujin but she kept crying (thru more than several episodes)and in one episode, she finally told her mum it was so very painful to let wujin go. Urges can always be satisfied quickly but the memory of those urges aren't so easy to forget, huh? Common theme in k dramas.

The writer is playing this "Is dogface soonjin's son or not?" deception to prolong the fact (and extend this drama by 10 more episodes) that the real offspring is the one who wears black and is usually seen with and shadowed by the hottie homeless girl in short pants who's right now thinking of marrying the mentally challenged boy after being rejected by one half of dumb and dumber. Aww so sad....is there no other man in that small town who'd fall for a hottie like Yunju? Does she really need to exchange bodily fluids with one of those brothers? Yucks, kill that thought.

Not to worry...by the finale episode Yunju will be seen folding scores and scores of paper cranes and origami stuff with Jungwu, who apparently is very good and deft with his hands. By finale'e end, Jungchul will AGAIN reject Yunju (some people simply can't take NO for an answer but to be fair, it's the last rejection) bcos I reckon Jungchul knows the gallery has 3 more hottie curators and following dogface's sleazebag-douchebag style, it's okay to motivate your employees by banging them if you know what I mean.

Back in the early days of this badly-written and terribly-acted drama (and I cannot remember the exact episode) when Wujin was living by himself and things were lover-dovey with his subordinate, a.k.a. miss ditzy, JS did sleep with Wujin because the writer inserted a scene of them lying together in bed.

...prior to that post-coital scene, Wujin enticed Miss Ditzy by telling her to the effect that he wanted to 'mark' her as his woman and voila! next scene was them in bed together, with bare-shouldered ditzy smiling at dogface and dogface making typical promises men make after they've done the deed. What's implied in subsequent episodes is that since that first time, Wujin & Ditzy has had additional intimate relations because the writer took great pains to hint to us henceforth that it was common practice for ditzy to go running to his apartment like a female dog in heat...that's why when the breakup came, it was so hard for dogface to let go, and he pleaded with her to remember all the 'good times' they spent together in his apartment: Why aren't you coming to my place like you used to? I seriously don't think he was talking abt playing poker or video games in HIS apartment.

Yes, JS did tell JH more than twice (and to her mother) that nothing happened between her and WJ and she was LYING thru her teeth...come on, do you honestly expect ditzy to tell her sister and mother, she was banging her own boss? Regularly.

Add to that fact, ditzy for a long time kept denying she had no more feelings for wujin but she kept crying (thru more than several episodes)and in one episode, she finally told her mum it was so very painful to let wujin go. Urges can always be satisfied quickly but the memory of those urges aren't so easy to forget, huh? Common theme in k dramas.

The writer is playing this "Is dogface soonjin's son or not?" deception to prolong the fact (and extend this drama by 10 more episodes) that the real offspring is the one who wears black and is usually seen with and shadowed by the hottie homeless girl in short pants who's right now thinking of marrying the mentally challenged boy after being rejected by one half of dumb and dumber. Aww so sad....is there no other man in that small town who'd fall for a hottie like Yunju? Does she really need to exchange bodily fluids with one of those brothers? Yucks, kill that thought.

Not to worry...by the finale episode Yunju will be seen folding scores and scores of paper cranes and origami stuff with Jungwu, who apparently is very good and deft with his hands. By finale'e end, Jungchul will AGAIN reject Yunju (some people simply can't take NO for an answer but to be fair, it's the last rejection) bcos I reckon Jungchul knows the gallery has 3 more hottie curators and following dogface's sleazebag-douchebag style, it's okay to motivate your employees by banging them if you know what I mean.

Great write up. You took the words right out of my mouth. You know the guy in Black actually looks more like he would be related to the Chairman than JH...silly girl. Jungchul is a Dumb azz for rejecting Yunju...silly boy.

Back to the remaining episodes...

Guest ikesung

Can someone help me?

where can i watch this drama online?

i watched it in KBS world but i always left because it aired in saturday and sunday night

Guest b00kw0rm

It just amazes me how quickly Wujin fell for the Curator's line. Pardon me but I like to compare the situation to real life in Hawaii. Once again before even listening to the whole deal...she would have been talking to the hand.

Incest between the two is implied but very probable. Whether knowing it or not doesn't change the fact that it was incest. Only if they are blood related. This is Korean and not the U.S. Southwest or hillbilly country.

yes, I know it is incest whether the parties are aware of it or not. but it is only punishable by law if they are aware of the relationship. If they are not or were not, then of course they could not be held accountable. There was mention of a legal case in the States but I don't know the outcome. Identities not revealed because children are involved. There were actually 2 couples in this same situation. The children were separated at birth. Anyway one couple immediately separated when they found out they were siblings. The other couple said they were not brought up as siblings and do not regard each other as siblings. Hence the legal case. I would have liked to know the outcome of that case.

And while the Curator said out loud and Chairman Hong silently wondered how SJ could give up her son for adoption. Did Hong ever stop to wonder what it was like for her - abandoned by him (who was paid off by her Dad), unmarried and without any means of financial support - is it any wonder she had to give up her son for adoption? To say to himself that he would have forgiven her if she had told him about it is being 2-faced when SJ had understood why he accepted money from her Dad to leave her. And as he declared, even though he accepted the money, he had no intention of honoring that agreement. Who is he to wonder at her actions?. I share your reaction in being "amazed" at WJ's easy acceptance of what the Curator said. Why isn't it he and Hong have not done a DNA test? Instead of repeatedly saying "how could she (SJ) ...?". The Curator asked Hong if she had EVER said anything if she could not substantiate it. Well wasn't she the one who gave dumb & dumber's dad the idea that dumb isn't his daughter? After all that she has said and done, its really a wonder how easily they believe her. Seems like they trust her more than they trust each other!

If not for the zany revelations of the Curator...they would have had to cut this drama by about 10 episodes. At least the entertainment level of this drama has risen. Although to the point of disbelief I find the reluctance or non action of Wujin or the Chairman as being inconsistent with the way they have reacted to earlier situations. I can foresee what will transpire in the next few episodes as the Curator schemes to garnish all of the Chairman's assets. Hold on to your seats.....

If you follow this writer's logic (logic? wat logic?), the director of the gallery (jenny's mum) has more power than the new owner and new chairman of the board Yongjun. She doesn't attend staff meetings and she doesn't need to report to Yongjun. And Yongjun still signs her monthly salary paycheck? This 'evil' woman has given new meaning to job security and iron rice bowl. Her position in that gallery is even more entrenched than the current father-son dictatorship in North Korea.

But I digress....Wanna know another gigantic plot blackhole the writer has given us?

OK, Didn't we only recently see Jenny's evil mum act and behave like a typical neo-nazi when she continuously referred to Soonjin's family and her entire bloodline as 'lowlifes' with inferior genes as opposed to her own made-in-korea superior grade genealogy? Btw that's also how they grade superior Korean Hanwoo beef as the best of the best when it comes to cows. Hmm...jenny's evil mum and superior bred cows sure has a nice ring to it, especially with all the BS she dishes up week after week.

And so, what was her reaction the moment she jumped to the wrong conclusion that WJ is the offspring of Soonjin & Gyutak? Blank. No talk of superior genes.

Now if her rumor were true (and we know it's only a plot-distraction to prolong our enjoyment of this wholesome-to-goodness drama) it would certainly make her own grandson (product of Jenny & WJ) inheriting some of those lowlife genes from Soonjin's side, wouldn't it? But it NOW appears that the evil woman is transfixed on Gyutak giving WJ his inheritance and that includes Geonho, her grandson. So Shhhh...be quiet....all previous talk about lowlife genes is now out-of-the-window bcos MONEY & WEALTH rocks her world. The best DNA always has the $$$ dollar/korean won sign imprinted.

Gyutak, who's suddenly now degenerated into an immature teenager, skipping meals, throwing tantrums and avoiding everyone, has already done one DNA test and found out that Jung Hee's dumbness did not come from his DNA. So what's another DNA test to verify which couple gave dogface his crybaby genes, right?

Furthermore Gyutak's personal asst a.k.a. bloodhound Mr Kim has always been so super-reliable collecting covert info on everyone and everything that I think Mr Kim is sharing the same bed with the scriptwriter! So what's collecting another strand of Soonjin & WJ's hair, eh? One particular DNA lab in Seoul is surely doing a roaring business thanks to Soonjin who's so good at NOT telling and the evil director who makes gigantic leaps to wild conclusions therefore making everybody, including some homeviewers, feeling confused and distressed.

Hang on...miss ditzy was already looking confused and distressed since the beginning. Haha! She was already warning us from early days.

Great write up. You took the words right out of my mouth. You know the guy in Black actually looks more like he would be related to the Chairman than JH...silly girl. Jungchul is a Dumb azz for rejecting Yunju...silly boy.

Back to the remaining episodes...

I agree on both counts! And while I agree it looks like doggie-face and dizty did sleep together, it is also plausable that's all they did! Dizty is not a good lair. Yet when she told Dumb that she could not possibly be pregnant because "nothing happened", she didn't give her usual shifty-eye look or stare into space or leave her mouth hanging open .. all the usual signs when she's trying to come up with a white lie. She made the statement firmly and directly. It was just like a few episodes back when some viewers had thought that JW was definitely the great secret SJ was hiding from the Chairman. We know now that isn't it. So we won't know for sure until it really becomes an important issue. It could go either way.

The lady working in the restaurant needs to keep her trap shut too. It seems that there is always a person like her in every drama...her loose lips sink ships. Jealousy plays a major role in all her exchanges anyway.

Jeonghui just amazes me with her take on life after the Chairman marries her Mom. Delusional...

Archived