Clubbox Tutorial + FAQs

Guest happyroach

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kyotoji

how do I make my clubbox membership only?

hi can someone help me i'm just new to clubbox and i'm just wondering how to earn points and how to use it for quick downloading?....

pls refer to FAQs on pg 1

how do I make my clubbox membership only?

hi can someone help me i'm just new to clubbox and i'm just wondering how to earn points and how to use it for quick downloading?....

dont wanna sound mean but... DO U GUYZ READ THE FAQ?! mean.. serously..?! o___O

Guest luckyyou

:P i learned how to use clubbox reading the tutorials and faq provided on this thread. guys read before you ask because everything you want to know is written up on the tutorial or faq.

anyways, for those who upload, has uploading been really slow? normally i upload at a speed of 350 but today and yesterday it's been in the 50s and if i'm lucky 110s. anyone else slow?

Guest ukoziak

:P i learned how to use clubbox reading the tutorials and faq provided on this thread. guys read before you ask because everything you want to know is written up on the tutorial or faq.

anyways, for those who upload, has uploading been really slow? normally i upload at a speed of 350 but today and yesterday it's been in the 50s and if i'm lucky 110s. anyone else slow?

Doesn't that depend on whether your files have been uploaded before or not?

Guest sylver

My uploading speed has been normal... Nothing out of the ordinary.

My only problem is downloading. :rolleyes: Been trying to download this one old file. At first, the speed was great and it was downloading fine. But now, it seems it stuck in the rut; not moving at all... :fury: Tried every way to get it moving but it just won't budge. <_<

Guest xling06

Hi there, I have sign up for a id and password so that I can download from those box that is protected. However, after I login into the box, I still cant view the contents in the box..... why is it so? the error message I got is :

파일목록을 보실 수 있는 권한이 없습니다.

준회원 이상만 파일목록을 보실 수 있습니다.

Is it that I must wait for the person to grant me access before I can download from their box?

thanks

Guest ukoziak

I hadn't used Clubbox for almost half a year, and have recently been using it again. I think I have downloaded more than 50GB over the past few weeks. So far I have never encountered a file which I wasn't able to download. Every single file has completed so far.

There were a couple of times that my download stopped in the middle of downloading though. I just left my clubbox client running, and they would usually be finished the next day. I got so many rare old files through clubbox and usually at great speeds too (50~100 kb/s). I usually get around 300 kb/s when downloading new files.

Here are a few things I'd like to point out to (new) users of clubbox:

- Be patient and JUST leave the clubbox client running on the background when you're downloading something (don't check it every 10 min to see if it's downloading, because it usually isn't).

- Use the skip option when you have a long queue list. This is to prevent getting stuck at one file for a very long time, while you may have been able to get other files in the mean time.

- If you're afraid of losing your queue list if your clubbox client crashes, then use the basket option instead of searching for every file again.

- If you leave your clubbox client running on the background, it earns you mileage which you can exchange for download coupons allowing you to use quick-download (download faster than 55 kb/s). But keep in mind that quick-download is useless when you're not even getting 55 kb/s with free-download.

- New files are easier to get than old files. When I download a new file (e.g. a new drama episode), it usually starts downloading after a few seconds and at great speeds too. An old file usually takes much longer to start and the speeds are much slower. The reason? I think it has something to do with the popularity of a file.

- Recently found a way of downloading faster than 55 kb/s without the use of download coupons (quick-download). Go to D-addicts for more info.

- Oh, and read the FAQs on the 1st page before asking questions. It has been very very useful. Here's another link which has helped me a lot too.

Okay, that's everything I found worth mentioning. I hope people find it useful. Good luck!

i've had and used cb for years now. those tutorials and faqs in here have been really helpful! everything has just been fine until recently. i click the items i want to download, then the popup appears. i click the white download box section. then the active x popup comes up. that's what usually happens and then it dissapears and my cb appears to start downloading. but recently a diff thing popups too. it's in korean. so i have no idea what it's saying so i just click "i agree" and click continue. then another pop-up appears and it says "YOU AGREED TO A EULA (END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT). PLEASE RESTART THE CLUBBOX FILE TRANSFET MANAGER. "

what the heck does that mean? is my account suspended or something? do i need to reactivate it or create a new account?

this has been happening for the past weeks. i've already tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and re-installing. i've even tried dL using with and without my account signed in, but those extra pop-ups still show up... what do i do now?? =/

EDIT: nevermind, now it finally works.. i dont even know why. -_______-'

i have another question: what's the difference between pdbox and clubbox??

Guest iisparkii

When your clubbox is bronze that means you share 100GB with other bronze boxes. Don't make a new box, you can easily turn your box into silver again. Sign in, go to your clubbox page, you will see a button, shiny & big one, hard to miss right above your folders on the left, click on that, and your box will turn back into silver.

NVM. I see that your box is silver already.

mine just turned bronze and it's really annoying cuz i already made like 3 or 4..in mine..there is no button..is there another way to turn it back to silver?

Guest ajune

if your download doesn't start/stuck at o% or if you are downloading old files

1. pause your download, let CB download manager runs for 5 to 10 minnutes, then press start again

because CB while take a while to connect to the server wich the file is located

2. go to a big CB (where it has many members), wait for a few minutes, then start to download.

because fscagent.exe while try to connect to the users, wich may helps if they have the file that you are looking

if your download starts but stuck at x%

try to download again between 6 p.m and 12 a.m GMT+9 Seoul time

Note

• For new CB users
    the very first thing you have to do is to make sure that your firewall is not blocking CB specially fscagent.exe

• For normal users
    do not queue more than 2-3 files in your download list. If your file is really hard to download, do not put any other file in queue

FYI, CB just had a couple of quick upgrades. just noticed this while uploading/downloading files since you get that korean pop-up message asking you to click OK and the CB window loads up again. ^_^

Now when you upload files, you can just drag and drop into the upload window. :lol:

Guest critic

if your download doesn't start/stuck at o% or if you are downloading old files

1. pause your download, let CB download manager runs for 5 to 10 minnutes, then press start again

because CB while take a while to connect to the server wich the file is located

2. go to a big CB (where it has many members), wait for a few minutes, then start to download.

because fscagent.exe while try to connect to the users, wich may helps if they have the file that you are looking

i tried all of that... and it still doesn't download. does it mean that i have to just give up on those files?

Guest happyroach

^Yes and no

I remember I was really desperately searching for this one old file

I finally found it. Took me month to get it downloaded though.

If you're willing to wait, do so. If you're not, give up

AND PEOPLE, PLEASE READ THROUGH ALL--YES, I MEAN ALL--OF THE SECTIONS LISTED ON THE 1ST PAGE BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION

Guest happyroach

Topic 10. Download Capacities: How Fast and How Much You Can Download

As I mentioned in the quick-download topic, your download capacities depends on the kind of internet service you have and the status of your computer on your router if you are using a router.

1. Internet service:

• T1-T3: very good. Quick connects AND quick downloads. Abuse your coupons liberally. For me.
  • Cable: very good as well, though not as good as T connections. Quick connects and quick downloads. Abuse your coupons on popular files.
  • DSL: mediocre/crappy. 3.0Mbit > 1.5Mbit. I used to have excellent cable, so I totally spoiled myself with quick connects and high download speeds. Now I am stuck on 1.5Mbit SBC DSL, which is utter crap. So it's quite difficult to get files started, though once they start, they download at normal speed (~55k/s). Quick-downloads suck here as well, because with 1.5Mbit DSL, you can get as much as ~100k/s with quick download if you are lucky.
  • Dial up: my sympathies are with you.

2. Router settings:

• DMZ host: if you do not care about being hacked or maliciously used, and you do not care for anyone else on the network, set yourself as the DMZ host. Your computer would download at the maximum capacity while all other computers on the network would suffer with near eternal 0%'s.
  • Port forwarding: Clubbox uses TCP port 19101 for transfers, PDbox (very similar program) uses TCP ports 15000-15099. (source: wikipedia)

With optimal router settings, expect these download speeds:

• T1-T3: normal: 55-60k/s; quick: 1000-5000k/s
  • cable: normal: 55k/s; quick: 500-800k/s
  • 3.0Mbit DSL: normal: 55k/s; quick: N/A (I have yet to test this myself)
  • 1.5Mbit DSL: normal: 55k/s; quick: ~100k/s (slow connects. Expect being stuck at 0% often)
  • Dial up: 5k/s (slow connects as well)

Note: where you live often determines what kind of internet service you have or can get.

- My speeds are all based on my experience living in the US.

- I think someone mentioned that speeds in Malaysia are capped at a maximum of 50k/s (correct me if I'm wrong).

- Speeds in Korea are the best (well, duh ;D). Tina and co. have reported speeds around 3000-5000k/s.

- Speeds in China are decent. Friends in Shanghai tell me they get 1000+k/s

- Speeds in Canada are good (at least for Lisa unni ;D). Normal downloads and around 300k/s for quick.

- Not sure about any other country. Inputs will be appreciated

Guest sylver

Thanks, Shelley for that bit of info. After reading all that, I yearn to have a T1-T3 internet service. But I don't think here, they offer it to home users. Plus, I think the DL speed depends on which country you're living in as well...

Archived