New JYP Asian Girl Group Auditions

Guest bluebear847

Guest bluebear847

Auditions Posted for a New JYP Asian Girl Group on JYPE Audition Site
Hey everyone,

I visited the JYPE online audition website and got this popup. They are accepting submissions for a girl group member for a new asian girl group. It's through Daum though and I'm not sure how to use Daum and I can only read some of the stuff. I just wanted to let everyone know who might want to try out. Also, can someone translate and tell us how to audition for it, I would appreciate it very much. Thanks and Good Luck to Everyone! ;)

Here is the link to the Daum site for it

http://tvpot.daum.net/audition/jypgirl/Top.do

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Natsune619

Hey everyone,

I visited the JYPE online audition website and got this popup. They are accepting submissions for a girl group member for a new asian girl group. It's through Daum though and I'm not sure how to use Daum and I can only read some of the stuff. I just wanted to let everyone know who might want to try out. Also, can someone translate and tell us how to audition for it, I would appreciate it very much. Thanks and Good Luck to Everyone! ;)

Here is the link to the Daum site for it

http://tvpot.daum.net/audition/jypgirl/Top.do

Cool, I wanna try out :D but they'll probably not accept people that aren't korean... <_<

If someone can translate pleease put it up!

Guest hkukaudition

That sounds cool! O_O

I wana try out for it! Only thing is im in UK :( AND the JYP website wont work for me.. so im going to have to send my stuff in a mail.. so they'll like not get my stuff for ages! >_<

According to the info, the girl group will be debuting around May. They're looking for a member. I'm not sure if they're only looking for only one though. You have to be born between 1987-1996 (15 to 26 years old). But the downside is, you have to be a Korean citizen. It is not open to foreigners, which would explain why they didn't have the announcement in other languages. They won't be looking at your academic history apparently. There will be 2 rounds: first round you have to upload your entry photos -close ups etc-, and a video of you singing/dancing, under 10 minutes worth to http://tvpot.daum.net/audition/jypgirl/top.do. If you're successful with the online auditions, then you have to go to the JYP Entertainment Centre for the offline auditions

The dates are:

1st round (online): March 10th (Wednesday) to April 1st (Thursday)

1st round end: Successful applicants will be notified on the 2nd of April (will be revealed at the cafe)

2nd round (offline): April 4th (Sunday)

I need to figure out whether it's only open to Korean citizens or not.. I'll come back and edit it once I do. But to those of you in Korea currently, good luck! I honestly think that's a little fast though, finding a member then debuting them with about a month of training...

Guest bluebear847

According to the info, the girl group will be debuting around May. They're looking for a member. I'm not sure if they're only looking for only one though. You have to be born between 1987-1996 (15 to 26 years old). But the downside is, you have to be a Korean citizen. It is not open to foreigners, which would explain why they didn't have the announcement in other languages. They won't be looking at your academic history apparently. There will be 2 rounds: first round you have to upload your entry photos -close ups etc-, and a video of you singing/dancing, under 10 minutes worth to http://tvpot.daum.net/audition/jypgirl/top.do. If you're successful with the online auditions, then you have to go to the JYP Entertainment Centre for the offline auditions

The dates are:

1st round (online): March 10th (Wednesday) to April 1st (Thursday)

1st round end: Successful applicants will be notified on the 2nd of April (will be revealed at the cafe)

2nd round (offline): April 4th (Sunday)

I need to figure out whether it's only open to Korean citizens or not.. I'll come back and edit it once I do. But to those of you in Korea currently, good luck! I honestly think that's a little fast though, finding a member then debuting them with about a month of training...

Thanks for translating. Dang it why only Korean citizens :( oh wellz...I will just do a regular audition, even though my computer hates their website haha.

Guest green.teax

Is anyone able to translate the Step 1/Step 2 thing on the first page?

According to Allkpop, this is for the Chinese WG...

I guess it wouldn't hurt to try if you were Chinese. xDD

I think they changed the requirements since the wording is now different when I check that section... Anyone who has a Daum account can now participate, because when I was looking through the comments at Allkpop, there were a few comments saying that you needed to have a KSSN :S

But anyways, step 1 is just uploading a video of your talents (either singing or dancing) and three pics: a close-up of your face, a full body picture and a picture of you that's waist up. Just make sure your video is under 10 minutes. For step 2, you have to confirm your number and fill out your application form. Make sure both are confirmed properly. If you accidentally upload your video twice, just filling out your application once will suffice.

If you're successful and pass the JYP audition system, you can get the opportunity to be active as a girl group member in May ^^

Guest green.teax

Interesting, I know this is for their girl group in May, but if they see someone they like would then take that person as a trainee? I'm thinking it's a possibility, since people who may not be as ready as someone else could get noticed. O_O

LOLS

How do you upload a video and whatnot?

Guest sheva88

I think they changed the requirements since the wording is now different when I check that section... Anyone who has a Daum account can now participate, because when I was looking through the comments at Allkpop, there were a few comments saying that you needed to have a KSSN :S

But anyways, step 1 is just uploading a video of your talents (either singing or dancing) and three pics: a close-up of your face, a full body picture and a picture of you that's waist up. Just make sure your video is under 10 minutes. For step 2, you have to confirm your number and fill out your application form. Make sure both are confirmed properly. If you accidentally upload your video twice, just filling out your application once will suffice.

If you're successful and pass the JYP audition system, you can get the opportunity to be active as a girl group member in May ^^

I actually have a daum account and I'm in the page now. They gave 2 options of verification before you can sign up, one is through your KSSN and another is with an iPin = korean residential pin number for online use.. So I guess.. its only for koreans then.. can some translate this and see if there's any way out for nonkoreans to sign up??

Untitled-1.jpg

It seems the only way foreigners can participate is if you have a Foreigner Security Number (I'm not sure what it's exactly called lol) because right beside the text that says KSSN it says that. So if you have it I guess you're pretty much good to go.... That sucks because I don't have one lol and I was actually planning on joining this audition session too~ D:

Guest Shinmeiryuu

Since they are planning on debuting by May, I'm assuming they are only looking for very talented people that don't need training. So I guess people wanting/expecting to train shouldn't really count on getting in...

Guest green.teax

Yes you don't need a KSSN or i-pin to make a daum account but you do need a KSSN or I-pin to upload a video onto the Jyp audition site. The pink button above the 2am video on the Jyp audition site is the "Upload" button. When you press that button it requires a KSSN or I-pin to continue. So you can't upload a video if you don't have either one. Sorry, don't know any way around it. Maybe others might know. Just try auditioning through mail or their official audition site. Sorry to burst your bubbles but I don't think this audition is an international event. If it were, they would have had a description in English. The new girl group is going to debut this year already. Will you be able to learn Korean/Chinese in one month? The second audition is like 4 days or whatever from the deadline. If you don't have a passport I don't think your chances of getting there would be high. Good Luck with auditioning a different way.

I see what you meann..

Hmm.

I guess there's no one for non-koreans to audition this way then. /=

I'm fluent in Chinese, and I do have a passport, but I'm obviously not good enough to debut in like 2 months.

I do think it's possible they might take someone along the way though..(Obviously..Korean. xD)

Guest bluebear847

I see what you meann..

Hmm.

I guess there's no one for non-koreans to audition this way then. /=

I'm fluent in Chinese, and I do have a passport, but I'm obviously not good enough to debut in like 2 months.

I do think it's possible they might take someone along the way though..(Obviously..Korean. xD)

I think I found a way for everyone to upload videos to audition that is not a Korean citizen or have a foreigner identification number. I am trying it now and emailed all the information. If all goes well and correctly I will post again in this topic on how to do it. I will let everyone know if and when it goes through asap. Don't lose hope!

Guest bluebear847

Okay everyone, I figured out how to upload videos on Daum if you are a foreigner to audition, Yay! First you have to make a Daum account, the link on the tutorial is already in this thread and you will need a scanned picture of your ID like a license or a passport. I sent in a pic of my license because it seemed to be safer in terms of not having so much important information, just in case. So on to the tutorial, after you have made your account and are logged in go to this link:

http://cs.daum.net/faq/list/59,7570.html#hList_8994

You should see a list of questions like the picture below, this is basically a FAQs page about the ID numbers.

Click on the 7th question, the question is [본인확인제] 주민등록증이 없으면 어떻게 해야 하나요?

HighlightedQuestion.png

It should open up to contain the answer and should look like the picture below. Click on this link 해외사용자 클릭 it should be blue, and is circled in the picture below.

Circledlink.png

The next page should look like a little form, it's basically a contact information sheet to the customer service center it's pictured below. Fill out the form and attach the scanned photo of your ID, you do not need to add anything in the body of the email because it already lists the question you are answering to, so the customer service representative will know what to do with your ID. Then click on 등록 it's circled in the picture.

Application.png

You should get a confirmation page with a picture of a mailbox and a confirmation date of when the email was sent, it's pictured below. You should save this information somewhere just in case.

confirmationdaumemail.png

Then just keep checking your email that you listed as a contact for a confirmation they received it. It should probably take 1 whole day since when it is day here it is night there. The beginning of the email you should receive will look similar to the one below:

Picture4.png

That's It! Now just log into Daum and go to the audition site you should be ready to go. I haven't uploaded my video yet but when I went to the audition site and clicked on upload it automatically gave me the page to upload without asking for verification. Woo hoo! Let me know if you have any questions it may seem a little complicated but it's not, my explanations might just suck. Once you upload your audition and if you don't mind will you post it in this discussion, I will do the same with mine once I record it. That way we can up each other's views and rate them, constructive criticism is always good too. Good luck to everyone!

Guest misslx

Okay everyone, I figured out how to upload videos on Daum if you are a foreigner to audition, Yay! First you have to make a Daum account, the link on the tutorial is already in this thread and you will need a scanned picture of your ID like a license or a passport. I sent in a pic of my license because it seemed to be safer in terms of not having so much important information, just in case. So on to the tutorial, after you have made your account and are logged in go to this link:

how would u complete the application? for the contact info.. it requires a phone line from korea...

http://audition.jype.com/audition_form.asp

Archived