Favourite Restaurants in GTA (Toronto)

~Tropical.Mists

Best places to EAT =9
Plain and simple... I'm looking to try new restaurants in Toronto (or GTA)! My friends and I love to eat but we're always going to same places and it gets a little boring =P

The only times we actually go out and try "nice/expensive" dinners are during Winterlicious/Summerlicious. We live in the GTA area (30 mins from downtown Toronto) so anything within that time range would be great =)

Any suggestions?

We're open to any type of food. I personally love Japanese food (all-you-can-eat is overrated tho T_T) but I'm willing to eat Western, Korean, Chinese, Thai and whatever else that's good around here =) Thanks in advance!

--xoxo.

TM

Guest Tranberry

For the most amazing dumplings try Mother's Dumplings. The steamed ones are the best. Service used to be really bad after they moved to their new location on Spadina. They didn't have enough staff on hand to deal with the number of patrons. However, I just went again last night and they have hired more people and I found the service to be pleasant.

http://www.mothersdumplings.com/

Manpuku is alright...I've been a few times, but it's nothing really special. Portions are alright, and taste isn't that great. Also helps since I know the owner lol. Guu (near Ryerson) and this japanese place beside Maggie's on Charles st. are both really good though. Be prepared for the hour + long line ups for Guu though since they don't take reservations.

Guest Kcitspohc

Chinatown - Lee Garden

http://www.leegardenrestaurant.ca/

its not bad =p

I've been there once, that place is pretty good! Despite being surrounded by chinatown-esque buildings it keeps itself pretty decent and clean. The food is really good, but a liittle bit overpriced I think.

I really like asian legend <3 its a chain restaurant but its decently priced and the environment is nice. Lunch for 6 people came to $60 =) I don't know about you, but I thought that was a pretty good deal :P

^I freaking love Asian Legend and so does my family (mostly my dad)! It's the place to go when we feel like eating out :lol: I really like the mango chicken!

Dessert Trends

http://desserttrends.ca/

I discovered this little restaurant by UTSG/Chinatown area when I was doing a corporate identity project last year. I love that all the food is cooked mostly by the chef/owner! The atmosphere is very quite cozy cuz of its size. The price is average and affordable in my opinion. I mean the majority of the entrees at restaurants like Pickle Barrel and Moxie's are like 15+ right?

Ahh now I wanna try their ribs again...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JulianJulian

I've been there once, that place is pretty good! Despite being surrounded by chinatown-esque buildings it keeps itself pretty decent and clean. The food is really good, but a liittle bit overpriced I think.

I really like asian legend <3 its a chain restaurant but its decently priced and the environment is nice. Lunch for 6 people came to $60 =) I don't know about you, but I thought that was a pretty good deal :P

OMG i only eat there when I am DT. :D its amazing. The wait is well worth it.

I also like Chako for kbbq in Richmond Hill

Chic chinois in DT off king is good for dates (the food is meh the the atmosphere is amazing)

Guest lovej

Kogane in Woodbridge is really good. If you take the 165 bus, it should lead you to Woodbridge.

They have fried ice cream there <33

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kpop-jpop

For Korean food I reccomend Cho Won Family Restaurant.

It's on the south west corner of Yonge/Cummer. (Yonge & Finch Ktown)

Guest jeffy

Soon Tofu located South of Yonge/Finch area.

Green Korean place which I think is called Nae go ya or something which is right besides Twister at Yonge/Finch (their chicken fried rice is the best...)

Congress (best wings ever at affordable price) south of Yonge/Sheppard intersection.

There's a new and really popular place at church and mcgill called Guu as someone mention earlier. I been there this weekend and the food was very good! I don't know if it was because my friends and I waited 2.5 hours and was extremely hungry but yeah it was really good!

The waiting is ridiculous but a lot of people who were waiting also were saying the wait is definitely worth it! The servers and cooks say HI when you come in and say Bye when you leave like you hear this throughout the whole meal, the place is very lively and cheery! The place is a bit small so and you share tables with strangers so if you don't like being cramped then :S but yes definitely one of my favourites right now... though I don't plan on going back soon but I will some day.

Buk Chang Dong Soon Tofu is one of my favourites too, even though there is like 7 things on the menu their food is AMAZING, in the summer my co-workers and I would go there at least once a week after a long day at work.

I like the Perfect Chinese Restaurant for dimsum at brimley and sheppard it's really cheap even on weekends and the food is delicious <3

Guest yourjuliet

I second Mother's Dumplings and The Perfect Chinese Restaurant!!

But my ultimate favourite place to eat? King's Noodles near Yonge and Spadina. I absolutely love it after my boyfriend brought me there! Yummy and affordable for University students like myself.

LOOOVE IT.

I also like Chako for kbbq in Richmond Hill

Is that the one near Destiny? I forgot which Chako I went to but my family liked it a lot (it was their first time eating Korean BBQ). Service was great! I think I like it much better than Korean Grill House.

Guest hunterheart

Japanese food? My specialty.

Okonomi House: awesome okonomiyaki

Manpuku (someone said): It's okay...

Guu's: Takoyaki and my first bet for japanese cuisine

Guest Tranberry

I second Mother's Dumplings and The Perfect Chinese Restaurant!!

But my ultimate favourite place to eat? King's Noodles near Yonge and Spadina. I absolutely love it after my boyfriend brought me there! Yummy and affordable for University students like myself.

LOOOVE IT.

Is that the one near Destiny? I forgot which Chako I went to but my family liked it a lot (it was their first time eating Korean BBQ). Service was great! I think I like it much better than Korean Grill House.

King's Noodle is at Dundas and Spadina. ^_^ They were closed for renovations last time I wanted to go but I think they should be open again.

Guest naoto

- Oknomi House!

- Guu's

- Manpuku

- New Gen

And Gal's Sushi are probably places you should visit immediately :) Okonomi House was awesome, and the waitress was damn cute. I would take her out for a stroll any day. Okonomi House with pictures of the place and food from my blog: HERE

Also, 4 pictures of food from Gal's sushi, really really good stuff: HERE

I haven't reviewed Guu's yet, that place is pretty expensive =.= But I'll do it soon hopefully.

You all forgot Kenzo's ramen! Also really good. Pictures can be found HERE, just scroll down.

Are you and friends into hotpot? I went to "100 Degrees Hot Pot" in richmond hill a while back, the food was pretty yummy.. some hotpot places serve bad food. But it's similar. Google maps link is HERE and the pictures I took are HERE.

Cafe Princess - a korean cafe with cute sofas everywhere and the most delicious cake you ever ate. Pictures I took are HERE, and you really do have to take a look at this place O.O

For western food:

Terroni (the entire city says it is good italian food so it probably is)

Pizza Libretto (haven't reviewed yet, owned and run by real italians. They say the food is as good as Terroni so you should visit)

Richtree (pictures of the place and food can be found HERE.)

Hope that helped...

Guest annie_bananie

Messini Authentic Gyros in Greektown located on the Danforth near Pape.

http://www.messini.ca/home.php

They offer a thing called a combination where you get 2 gyros/pita with meat/veggies plus you get a choice of a side (fries, rice, etc.) and a bowl of salad for like $15!

You can split the meal with a friend cause it'll fill you up fast! :)

Archived