[Drama 2010] The Good Day When the Wind Blows 바람 불어 좋은날

Guest yeohweping

I love Sol Ji. She’s so cute.

I wanted to translate her confession scene... She’s so cute. :)

Last bit of E107

Sol Ji meeting MG at restaurant.

MG:

Strange... who arranged for today?

Solji:

Min Guk... over here.

MG:

Sol.. you're Sol Ji, right?

Solji:

That's right. It's me.

Come on over.

Why are looking at me like that?...

MG:

Why are you here?

Kot-sun to eat.

Solji:

I... made the arrangement for today.

MG:

What?

Did you eat something wrong?

You’re acting so chan-ah today.

Solji:

I’m not chan-ah.

I have something to say to you.

MG:

Something to say?

What is it?

Solji:

For a while... I’ve wanted to tell you...

I didn’t have the courage.

I didn’t know how to express it.

I was so bang-ji...

But... I MUST express myself to you today.

I... like you.

From now on... I don't want to be friends.

I... want to be a woman to you.

MG:

Sol Ji...

Note: Underlined Italics are guess-translations or terms I don’t know. :)

chan-ah might mean "twisted"... but I haven't asked my Korean friends yet... :(

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preview of Ep 108 - Printed Text (Released by KBS)

솔지는 용기를 내서 민국에게 마음을 표현 하지만 민국은 그런 솔지의 마음을 모른 척 하고... 미란에 대한 오해가 풀린 대한은 심경의 변화를 겪고... 한편 동식이 쓴 사채로 극도로 예민해 진 강희는 점점 더 건강이 악화된다. 독립을 데리러 효리 집에 간 오복은 구토를 하는 강희를 보고... 민국은 오복에게 그 사실을 전해 듣고 걱정이 되는데... 한편 일자리를 쉽게 구할 수 없는 대한은 참담함에 빠지고... 그런 와중에 최회장이 대한에게 연락을 하는데...

- KBS

Soljineun courage to express feelings for China, but China and the pretend mind that soljiui ... Erosion is a misconception that a change of heart for the suffering unleashed ... Meanwhile, four removable wrote Kangxi Emperor Qin's up to the extreme deterioration of health is becoming more and more. Hyori went home to pick up the independence of the Five Big Blessings to vomit ... see Kangxi Five Big Blessings to the fact that China has heard the worried ... Meanwhile, the jobs are not readily available as a terrible fall ... Choehoejangyi in the midst of such contact to be ......

- Google Translator (for Korean Text)

索智鼓起勇气向民国表达自己的心意,民国却装作不懂...大韩解开了对美兰的误会,心境上有所变化...而因担心东植借的高利贷,姜熙的健康逐渐恶化.到孝利家接独立的五福,看到了姜熙呕吐的一幕...民国从五福口中得知消息后很担心...另一方面,因为找工作十分不易,大韩非常灰心...此时正好崔董事长向大韩联络.....

- Baidu

SolJi plucks up courage to express her feelings for MG, but MG pretends not to understand. DH upon realising the misunderstanding between MR and him, starts to have a change of heart (about being harsh to her in the past . . I guess). As KH worries about her BIL's loanshark problem, her health gradually begins to deteriorate. OB sees KH vomiting when she picks up DN at Hyori's place. MG hears news of KH's condition from OB and becomes worried. DH finds it difficult to get a job & feels discouraged, just then Mr Choi contacts DH ...

- Loose Translation based on Chinese Text

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ep 108 - Last Parts

MR was the one who suggested to Mr Choi to offer DH a post at Green Dairy. DH was rejected at several job interviews. That night, DH realises that OB is looking for part-time employment from the online job search webpage left on the PC monitor. He takes a look at the bank account book, left on the table earlier on by OB and is concerned about the state of their savings account.

Next morning as DH is continuing his job search online, when he receives a call from Mr Choi. At the cafe, Mr Choi offers DH the post of GM (I think) at Green Dairy (the same position that SJun was holding at WB, which DH was supposed to have been promoted to after being successful with the Dipping Dots Ice-cream product launch).

Ended without preview nor synopsis for Ep 109 . . .

Screen-caps of Ep 108

from Korean Media News

201007030501581001_1.jpg

201007030503561001_1.jpg

Ratings for Ep 108

TNS - 20.3% (Nationwide) / 18.1% (Seoul)

AGB - 21.3% (#1 Nationwide) / 21.6% (#2 Seoul, behind soccer match)

Guest chello

Dear tiki_sg (and HI everyone else!)

I regret to say that I doubt I will be able to console you since I myself am in dire need of consolation ... I think our dear OB is up for lots of heartache and I don't think I can stomach the idea of her having to one fine day just so happen to stumble upon DH, DR and MR all together - acting like a family - and feel like the outsider in the whole mess. I have been coming with all sorts of painful scenarios (probably because I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst :lol:) like DH taking the job at Green Corp, working with MR, building a good enough relationship with her, and DR being around the both of them more (which is when OB stumbles upon them :o). And then I thought of more reasons why OB would have to leave the Jangs, because that would be the only way DR would never be taken away from them. And so OB leaves, is preggers, and KC ends up caring for her. HAHAHAHA. Okay I will stop spreading my depression with regards to HanBok here. And just so we are clear, all of the above is MY OWN IMAGINATION AND SPECULATION ONLY. :D

On the other hand I actually like that SJ is totally learning to be his own man. ME LIKES. Although, what exactly happened to his dad? I haven't seen him for a while. As for IQ, well, she had it coming. And I like that Sol Ji was so brave to confess to MG as she did. I still don't think MG deserves nor will he ever deserve her (unless he gets his act straightened out and even then I will probably still be extremely protective of Sol Ji), but kudos to her for her courage. Now she just needs a better man in her life so she can move on from MG. :lol:

While I sympathised with MR for a bit since truthfully this whole mess was the fault of her parents (but let's not get into the arguments about who's more to blame since that's been rehashed sufficiently) I do think her asking her father to employ DH is insincere and comes with ulterior motives. So while I agree she should not be denied the company of DR and the opportunity to build a relationship with him, by no means do I think she's genuine in asking for an opportunity for DH to work at her company. I think getting DH to work at Green Corp is a way she's devised of tying him to her and eventually to find a way to have both DH and DR with her - and in some way to reclaim her position as DIL, wife and mother in the Jang household so that there is no threat of DR ever being taken away from her. If DH is employed by her company, and that feeds into the Jang household and DR's future, then even Papa Jang's plea for her to stop interfering in their lives is futile.

I don't think there will be a sad ending to this drama, but I do think the next few weeks are going to be painful for OB. Funny how i started watching this because of HanBok, but now i'm more interested in SJ and Sol Ji and their storylines. Doesn't help that JYH himself has said he is prepared for scolding from the audience because he will cause heartache to OB. Oh dear. Poor girl.

Guest wookiedonghae

Yeah,Chello, I am also having the same imagination and speculation as you and I am not liking it one bit. fury.giftears.giftears.gif Sometimes I feel that it would be better for OB to leave DH since he lied and will still be lying to her again.Actually I kinda dread to see what's going to happen in the coming episodes. sweatingbullets.gifsweatingbullets.gif

Doesn't help that JYH himself has said he is prepared for scolding from the audience

Aiyah, that "hint" is a marketing/PR ploy to get the readers (and hopefully future viewers) interested and tuned into the series, :lol: . . remember how the timely released pics on Cyworld of DH-OB in regular clothes set netizens' tongues wagging and speculating that they might taken from the honeymoon trip etc. So, similarly, with this timely-released (on evening of 29 June 2010) insider info, the after effects are bearing fruit . . with the ratings inching upwards the past few days.

BTW, damn the PD for still not releasing info about Ep 109 . . .

Update on actress Min Young Won

posting from Soompi E-News Thread

July 2, 2010

Korean actress dating a Dubai prince?

Actress Min Young-won, 26, is becoming a popular search keyword online after news reports that she was proposed to by an Arab prince.

The reports quoted an unnamed official in the entertainment industry as saying Tuesday that the man was a crown prince of Dubai. They said the prince has often flown to Korea by private jet to meet her. The reports added that he fell in love with her beauty and the personality.

20100702001025_0.jpg

But Min’s PI Entertainment agency denied the reports, saying the two are just friends.

Min acted in “Boys over Flowers” and “Shining Inheritance” and is currently acting in a drama “Happiness in the Wind.”

By Jung Joo-bin

Intern reporter

koreaherald.com

Guest anitath

I don't think there will be a sad ending to this drama, but I do think the next few weeks are going to be painful for OB. Funny how i started watching this because of HanBok, but now i'm more interested in SJ and Sol Ji and their storylines. Doesn't help that JYH himself has said he is prepared for scolding from the audience because he will cause heartache to OB. Oh dear. Poor girl.

agree with you, let us see how OB handle the situation. I am still in for OB-DH storylines although i have to prepare to suffer from the heartache coz of what DH (might be for lying again, even if the reason for being lie will be for OB sake, lie is the lie and it will hurts OB more than ever), MR(for all her attempts to get DH and DR back) and Mr Choi(for helping his daughter plan to take DH and DR from OB). Maybe chello cant stand for heartache :lol:. OB-DH storylines will be full of angst and SJ and Sol Ji storylines will be more romantic with less angst than OB-DH...cant wait to see upcoming ep.

Guest chello

Yeah,Chello, I am also having the same imagination and speculation as you and I am not liking it one bit. fury.giftears.giftears.gif Sometimes I feel that it would be better for OB to leave DH since he lied and will still be lying to her again.Actually I kinda dread to see what's going to happen in the coming episodes. sweatingbullets.gifsweatingbullets.gif

wookiedonghae, sometimes i feel that way too - that OB should just leave. end of story. :lol: it would solve a lot of the problems. but i guess that's not how the story will go! don't worry - even if we stop watching, i'm sure we'll know by the last episode what happens and then can watch back! :D or at least 1 month's worth of episodes to see how the angst pans out ;)

agree with you, let us see how OB handle the situation. I am still in for OB-DH storylines although i have to prepare to suffer from the heartache coz of what DH (might be for lying again, even if the reason for being lie will be for OB sake, lie is the lie and it will hurts OB more than ever), MR(for all her attempts to get DH and DR back) and Mr Choi(for helping his daughter plan to take DH and DR from OB). Maybe chello cant stand for heartache :lol:. OB-DH storylines will be full of angst and SJ and Sol Ji storylines will be more romantic with less angst than OB-DH...cant wait to see upcoming ep.

anitath, yeah, i'm not a fan of heartache - well, i'm just very protective of OB that's all. LOL. i know she's young, i just don't know if just because of that it's right to assume she doesn't need/deserve to know certain things. when you're in a marriage, you no longer think for one, you think for both of you, and that involves communication, which is lacking here. i mean if DH has learned anything from the previous experience where she had to find out about DR's birth mom on her own, then he really should know OB has been asking for openness and transparency with each other, especially in matters as important as their relationship with each other, and the concerns of their family i.e. DR.

aaaanyway. i'll stop here. have fun watching the angst, you lot!

A thot did cross my mind as to why DH was buttoning up his pajamas whilst in bed, however I crossed the thot out cos their hair and bedcover were too tidy for it to have been an aftermath scene . . . :lol:

Preview of Ep 109 - Printed Text (yet to be Released by KBS)

Don't know if it is connected to the union strike :wacko:

UPDATE 05-07-2010 @ 4pm KST

내부 사정으로 인하여 미리보기 서비스 제공이 일시 중단 되었습니다.

빠른 시일 내에 정상화 될 수 있도록 노력하겠습니다.

서비스 이용에 불편을 드려 죄송합니다.

- KBS

Preview services due to the internal situation has been suspended.

Soon I hope to be normalized.

Sorry for the inconvenience to the service.

Ep 109 - Brief account of what happened 2ND EDITION

(originally posted on 05-07-2010 @ 8pm SGT)

Disclaimer Note - not exactly an accurate account, just my impression, considering I'm not versed in Korean, just going by actions, body language & my gut feeling.

I think DH may have rejected Mr Choi's offer straightaway. When he returned home, he truthfully told OB about his meeting with Mr Choi and his job offer. Subsequently, DH also informed the family about Mr Choi's job offer as Green Dairy's GM. Family members were also against the idea of DH joining Green Diary. Later on in the night, in their bedroom OB and DH discuss further about the job offer. OB asks DH if he has any interviews planned for the next day and it seems he doesn't have any lined up. OB is concerned for DH about not being successful in his job-search.

Next morning, OB gets ready for the interview and gives DH some excuse for going out . . (DH teased her . . . if she going out to meet a man). OB then goes on to say that she'll meet him after she picks DN from school, since it isn't good to stay cooped up in the room. I believe she was offered the job/project immediately. As the interviewer wanted OB to attend some meeting later in the day, OB immediately calls YSI (presumably to make alternative arrangements for DN to be picked up from school). Next scene, YSI informed DH, who was still checking out the internet for jobs, that OB is running late & if he could pick DN from school. DH arrives at the kindergarten to fetch DN. KH is surprised to see DH instead of OB picking DN from school. DN innocently mentioned about DH not having to go to work anymore, which made DH a little embarrassed. Meanwhile MR also arrives at the school and stops her car near the driveway. (She looks at the sms from DN about not being able to see her in order not to displease his mom/parents, I think) Just then she sees DH and DN leaving the school premises and having a very close father-son moment. MR thinks back to the time when she was still pregnant and they were going thru the baby stuff that they had just bought. DH "reprimands" the unborn child for kicking MR painfully.

MR waits for her dad in his office, hoping to find out about the outcome of the job offer made to DH. After hearing from Mr Choi, MR goes all sad over DH & DN.

DH and DN return home, DH receives a call from MR. They meet up and MR asks him about the job offer. MR seems to be saying that this offer has nothing to do with DN. Probably saying that the job offer was genuine and was solely offered due to his (outstanding) performance at WB.

Dr Park is pondering over KH's medical report when MG enters his office. They discuss over some medical stuff (not sure about the details though, but I get the feeling that Dr Park has not informed MG of everything yet). Dr Park says he has another appt and MG leaves.

MG arrives at SJi's place, SJi updates MG on work matters but MG doesn't seem too keen, then leaves.

KH is consoling HyoRi who misses her parents. Mr & Mrs Seo return home with more bad news, then they both kneel & beg KH for forgiveness. Just then KH receives a call from Dr Park, who is concern as to where she is at the moment, not sure if he had actually set some sort of appointment for her checkup etc.

OB comes back and talks to YSH, who is preparing dinner in the kitchen. YSH notices "missing" food from her refrigerator again and OB is equally puzzled. IQ tries to cook something and goes to the fridge and throws out all the stuff that MS had brought from home. Whilst opening a pack of ramyun, she accidentally knocks the pot of boiling water and scalds her foot. Just then MS comes in and tries to help but is again rejected by IQ.

SJun arrives at a construction site and starts work carrying bricks but he isn't used to the strenuous task. IQ sits in her room and MS tries to put medication but is scolded by IQ. MS resists her scoldings, but IQ is still angry that JN did not help her where WB is concerned. MS, in her fit of anger, begins to "lecture" IQ to make her come to her senses, that all this is causing SJun much pain.

MS comes home and her mom asks her what's in her bag. YSH inspects it and sees the food containers. YSH gets angry and makes MS tell the truth, MS confesses that she has been going to SJun's place to help out. YSH is now angry that MS is still helping out "that" family. SJun comes back and notices the bandage around IQ's foot and the medication. IQ informs SJun that MS was the one who helped her out.

Jang dinner scene - DN seems glad that DH could spend time with him. OB seems concerned that DH is not able to find a job. In the middle of the night, DH wakes up to find OB missing in bed. Instead he finds her fast asleep on the desk, tired from doing all those drawings. This saddens DH and he seems concern for OB's sake, worried and a little upset with himself.

Next morning, KH feels more pain and takes her medication. Dr Park comes in and sees her in pain. But as usual KH keeps telling him not to worry. Dr Park insists that she follow him but she still insists it is okay. Dr Park raises his voice and KH wonders why. Dr Park hesitates but slowly reveals the true condition of her health, that she has stomach cancer.

. . . . end of Ep 109. There isn’t any Preview for Ep 110.

Screen-caps of Ep 109

from Korean Media News

201007060617041001_1.jpg

1278390426.jpg

201007060615201001_1.jpg

Ratings for Ep 109

TNS - 19.3% (Nationwide) / 17.5% (Seoul)

AGB - 20.2% (Nationwide) / 19.6% (Seoul)

Today's headlines : Ahn Hye Kyung (Mrs Seo, KH's SIL) is in the limelight for her pictorial shoot . . . shot in Macau.

SSI_20100705225205_V.jpg

a7g77101_1.jpg

a7g77101_2.jpg

SSI_20100706091130_V.jpg

201007071708052002.jpg

201007071708052001.jpg

201007071708052004.jpg

201007071708052003.jpg

To meochan2010 of (Viet-based) "KST - Keep Smiling Together Forum" as well as anyone else guilty of doing so . . .

I have INDICATED VERY CLEARLY in my postings on this thread, NOT TO HOTLINK MY UPLOADED IMAGES. However I find that you have been hotlinking the image links, instead of re-uploading them onto your own photo-gallery. Please REMOVE ALL HOTLINKED URLS AND RE-UPLOAD THEM if you want to post them at your own forum.

Example 1

Preview of Ep 106 - Printed Text (Released by KBS)

Please do not hotlink

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3646/dhscv.jpg

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8770/obscv.jpg

Credits : dcInside / re-upload : tiki_sg

Based on DH's & OB's CVs, they both share the same birth-date (23 February), just 11 years apart (1981 & 1992). :lol:

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2829/gdwwbe106100630hdtvxvid.jpg

Credits : Screen-Cap / upload : tiki_sg

Based on KH's Test Results, it looks like she has (4th Stage?) Advanced Gastric Cancer . . .

VS Your posting in that forum. (Image links are exactly the same)

Example 2

All Soompi friendly. Credit if you use it: -quiescent and don't hotlink please.

VS Your posting in that forum. (Image links are exactly the same)

I shall begin removing all my uploaded images on this thread AND TOTALLY STOP POSTING RECAPS ETC. I don't think it is fair that I have to do the extra work of deleting them and re-uploading them onto this thread again when I had already clearly stated my request in every relevant posting. Besides, it is impossible to edit any postings made before 12 June 2010 (date of forum revamp) without screwing up the contents of the postings.

Guest chello

Hi everyone,

This is just a quick note in support of tiki_sg's post above. Please guys, it doesn't hurt to respect posters' requests and wishes on this thread. If tiki_sg (or any other contributor for that matter) says not to hotlink or repost, then just DON'T DO IT. It's not a hard request to comply with. tiki_sg been the most generous poster here and it would be a sad day when she stops posting here because of some people who just don't comply. I hope those of you to whom her post applies will do as she asks.

And so that this isn't too spammy, I have to say thanks again tiki_sg for the recap, and OMG I WOULD LOVE IT IF THEY INTRODUCED A NEW CHARACTER to provoke the green-eyed monster in DH. It does seem a little far fetched, but hey. I wouldn't mind the distraction, especially if he were a cutie! :lol: Although I have no idea why but I just assumed the author was going to be female. :lol:

AND what, DH, turning back on your stand already?? I'm just waiting for him to prove me wrong, but the ending to ep 110 ominously suggests that he might prove me right ... for a while.

Latest Speculation (not mine) : Will there be the introduction of a new character . . . in the form of the author of the children's book. The book that OB's latest illustrations will be incorporated into. If so, then OB and author may have to meet often to discuss ideas/concepts etc . . . kekeke time for DH to turn into the green-eyed monster . . . However with all the current mess going on, think it may be too much to handle for the moment. Maybe the PD can keep that angle for the later parts . . . hahaha

Preview of Ep 110 - Printed Text

UPDATE 06-07-2010 @ 1pm KST

내부 사정으로 인하여 미리보기 서비스 제공이 일시 중단 되었습니다.

빠른 시일 내에 정상화 될 수 있도록 노력하겠습니다.

서비스 이용에 불편을 드려 죄송합니다.

- KBS

Preview services due to the internal situation has been suspended.

Soon I hope to be normalized.

Sorry for the inconvenience to the service.

Ep 110 - Brief account of what happened REVISED VERSION

(originally posted on 06-07-2010 @ 8pm SGT)

Disclaimer Note - not exactly an accurate account, just my impression, considering I'm not versed in Korean, just going by actions, body language & my gut feeling.

KH is surprised to hear the bad news from Dr Park. Dr Park advises her to quickly have herself thoroughly examined. KH is in disbelief and still insists that there is nothing wrong with her and leaves her office without Dr Park. She calls someone on the cellphone, making an appointment with her own doctor/clinic.

MG is checking something on the internet in SJi's apt. SJi comes back and seems disheartened, probably didn't get the new project. MG leaves and SJi goes to the notebook with the intention to check for new project and notices that MG has been checking sites on medical matters and SJi wonders if MG is ill. KH comes back home and her in-laws talk to her but she is distracted, then goes to her room saying she is tired. In the room, she starts to talk herself out of believing that there is something wrong with her. She is in total denial.

DH is on the phone with another company, trying to get them to give him an opportunity but the company is not interested bcos of the WB connection. OB walks in and DH says he need to chat with her for a while. He starts by saying that "we've agreed to be honest with each other, right" . . he asks if there is something that concerns her, not to hold anything back. OB says that she is worried about DN's school fees as well as the monthly allowance given to MIL and their little savings left, that's why she decided to take up the part-time job. She didn't want to burden DH further cos he was already dealing with the job hunt etc (guessing). DH apologises and says he will try to get a job soon. (In brief) OB says it's okay . . and later suggests that they go out for a walk with DN and leaves the room to get DN. DH looks saddened and gives a sigh . .

MR drives up to DH's home and starts to call up DN. DH and DN are already in the patio waiting for OB who isn't ready yet. DH is about to go in to get OB when overhears DN saying that MR is calling him. DH makes DN go get OB whilst he takes over DN's phone. MR asks why DH is picking up DN's call, isn't this DN's mobile. MR says why is she not allowed to even listen to DN's voice. DH said something about not meeting with DN, then ends the call. DH-OB-DN leave the house and MR sees the 3 of them in the hand-painted t-shirt walking out of the alley. DH is embarrassed when DN is about to start singing "Cheering" song, followed by the cute moment for Ep 110. MR is jealous to see the family being so happy together.

MR goes to see Mr Choi and seems to pressure her father about what he intends to do to speed up the process of getting DN back (don't know what exactly was discussed). Next, we see Mr Choi has met up with DH and tries to sell him the idea of the benefits of joining Green Diary, for the sake of his child (ie supporting his family?). DH is still not convinced . . . DH is suspicious of his true intentions with the job offer. Mr Choi mentions about some new product. (DH seems to have lowered his guard a little at this moment).

Grandma/YSH/OB are in the patio slicing watermelon, Grandma asks OB where is DH and she mentions that he is meeting up with Mr Choi. DH returns home and YSH asks if he has met up with Mr Choi. The ladies ask DH what did Mr Choi want to discuss with him. DH mentions it was relating to company matters (I don't know the details . . if Mr Choi said to take up this project on the product, then he will not pursue the matter of DN being taken care of by MR or whatever). Grandma and YSH are happy that DH hasn't agreed to any of Mr Choi's terms (yet??). The family (except DH & OB) discuss what Mr Choi said to DH. All seem to be pissed with MR and her Dad for their audacity.

In their room, OB and DH talked over the matter further . . . OB wonders if he is reconsidering his decision (I am guessing). Next morning, whilst OB is preparing breakfast, she thinks back to what DH had said the night before. Just then MG comes in with bags of vegetables and asks OB to help him by cooking something and gives her the recipe that he has researched on the internet. OB wonders if it is for his GF but MG just says it is for his friend. OB says it is for his GF, right but MG just ignores the question and goes off. YSH comes in and notices the bags and OB fills YSH on the situation. They are wondering if MG has had a quarrel with his GF.

KH rushes out of the hospital after getting confirmation of her illness. She goes to a nearby park to collect her thots and notices a young couple strolling with their young son and another child in the pram, the youths playing in the area, old couple strolling together, basically she is observing life and the activities going on and the realisation that she is going to lose it very soon. MG is walking on the streets and spots a pot of flower and decides to buy it. He goes to KH's apartment, ponders on whether to ring the doorbell but decides to just leave it at the doorstep when KH returns. KH is frustrated with MG for still coming by and bothering himself with her affairs. After being shouted at, MG apologises and leaves with his gifts. KH enters her room and is sick to the stomach over her condition (and I guess also the way she has had to treat MG just now).

SJun is exhausted from carrying bricks and loses his balance. His supervisor is not pleased with his carelessness and the damaged bricks. SJun receives a call from MS . . . MS visits SJun at the site. SJun tries to act tough in front of MS. SJun asks if MS helped his mother out the other day. SJun thanks MS for helping out. MS again offers SJun food cos she is worried that he/they have not been eating well. MS is saddened that SJun has to go through all this hardship.

In her room, IQ reflects on what MS said the night before. SJun comes home and is surprised to find IQ at the stove cooking. SJun says that MS has given them food. IQ laid the table with food and SJun is surprised that his mom had prepared everything on the table and says it is as good as before (in the past). SJun feels some pain from the fall earlier on. I think SJun may have lied about the position he is working as "at his friend's company". SJun continues to enjoy his mom's cooking.

Grandma/YSH/DH/OB are chatting about MG when KLM comes in. JN also returns at the same time. All gather at the living room and KLM asks about DH's job-hunting and DH says he has yet to find a job. KLM says "not yet!!" and Grandma is displeased with KLM's reaction and tells him not to worry. KLM goes on and mentions something, probably some advice and more hounding and DH just seems to be resigned to just agree for the sake of agreeing. Grandma is again displeased and raises her voice in objection to the way KLM is talking to DH. The family try to pacify KLM and tell him not to worry. DH is now even more worried. KLM stays for the night. DH continues to worry even at bed-time. OB comes in and apologises to DH as she feels bad that her dad has been adding even more pressure on DH to find a job.

Next morning, DH awakes first and OB notices him sitting at the desk deep in thot. OB comes to the table trying to pick his thots when DH looks up and asks her if he should seriously re-consider taking up Mr Choi's offer . . OB is taken aback with what DH had just said . . .

. . . . end of Ep 110. There isn’t any Preview for Ep 111.

Screen-caps of Ep 110

from Korean Media News

1278474805.jpg

201007070619261001_1.jpg

201007070621581001_1.jpg

Ratings for Ep 110

TNS - 19.5% (#3 Nationwide) / 17.9% (#5 Seoul)

AGB - 20.5% (#2 Nationwide) / 20.4% (#3 Seoul)

Today's headlines @ 5:25pm KST : Lee Sung Min (Choi Mi Ran) fainted on the set this morning at 7am due to (heat) exhaustion. She was sent to the hospital ER unit, but after receiving treatment and being discharged, she went back to the set for filming - Translated Article

201007071715776512_1.jpg

Guest scarecrow

It would be nice if they were to introduce a new character...maybe same age as OB, so it will really turn DH into the green-eyed monster :lol: and keep his eyes focus on OB only (if he decides to take the job at Green Dairy) and not on MR (for sure, she will use all her means to get DH back).

That's my thinking too about the age of the "new challenger". kekeke

As for MR wanting DH back, I personally think MR no longer has any desire to get DH back now. I think she has come to terms with the fact that DH is no longer hers and acknowledges/accepts it willingly. However, her only wish now is to get DN back into her life full-time at all costs, having DN know that she is his real mom - both biologically and acknowledging her as the one, instead of OB. She has lost DH to OB already and she is, as sure as hell, not willing to lose DN, her flesh & blood and only offspring, to OB again.

I totally agree with you tiki_sg. It would be fun to see another character who will provide DH with competition for OB's attention. He' been so focused on all the problems, not that I blame him, but it is slowly driving him and OB apart. I miss the tender moments they used to have. We know that he is devoted to OB but both of them need reassurance from each other about their love and that there is strength in number. I do wonder why OB calls DH ajussi often. I do hear her call DH uri shillang once in a while. DH does have a pet name for her, how come she does not have one for him? Just wondering... And OB should realize that she not only has to fight MR for DN but also for DH.

Now for MS, she lost her brains again. She knows very well that she is not contributing to the family coffers. Her eldest brother just lost his job and has a wife and son to take care of as well as the rest of the clan. I don't know if MG is contributing. In all probability it's just her dad's income that's putting food on the table and she has the temerity to steal food from their house to give to a very unappreciative and still stone-cold Mrs. Cha. She really needs a very strong wake-upper to jolt her back to reality. She does not even care that IQ is blaming her dad for what happened to Well Being. As if it was JN's fault that their infant products contained melamine. She does not even realize that her dad stands to lose his job if he made the error of helping Well Being for the sake of DH's job and the cleaning contract. It's not as if Well Being will give her dad a job if he had helped. Stupid MS.

As for the rest, well... I wish KLM will suffer something like what happened to the Seo's. That will shut him up and relieve OB of the burden of being ashamed towards the family about his dad's actions. SolJi to meet a handsome and worthy guy. MS with SolJi's friend and MG to be found out by the whole family. We know OB's got her suspicions so maybe she will be the one (again) to discover what's the real score between him and KH. She seems to be at the right place at the right time, most of the time, isn't she?

AND....thanks tiki_sg for all the recaps and screencaps. They help us non-Korean speakers a lot. Kudos to you. Aja!!

That's my thinking too about the age of the "new challenger". kekeke

As for MR wanting DH back, I personally think MR no longer has any desire to get DH back now. I think she has come to terms with the fact that DH is no longer hers and acknowledges/accepts it willingly. However, her only wish now is to get DN back into her life full-time at all costs, having DN know that she is his real mom - both biologically and acknowledging her as the one, instead of OB. She has lost DH to OB already and she is, as sure as hell, not willing to lose DN, her flesh & blood and only offspring, to OB again.

Hmmm, after watching Episode 109, I begged to differ. I believe MR wants not only DN back in her life, she also wants DH as well, especially since she told her dad that she wished she could turn back time and find her happiness in the past as well as when her dad asked her "Wasn't DN the only one person she wanted back?", she kept her silence. Given that DH is set to go to her company to work, I believe she will definitely try to create many misunderstandings between DH and OB..and more angst to come I believe (arrh, my poor heart!)

Guest chello

I must say that I'm with you, Autumn_Bliss. i'd like to think that MR's only interested in DR now and has moved on from DH, but from the vibes I've been getting from her - she's angling for the whole deal - husband and son. i don't buy that she respects DH and OB's marriage as it is and will not interfere - she's out looking for ways to tie the Jangs to her, so that they have nowhere to go but to stay with her. I guess at least on DH's part he is being honest with OB, and the poor girl is trusting him wholeheartedly. While they may be playing it clean in their marriage, I agree with and earlier poster who said MR is the one who will create disturbance and false impressions - so much as to drive them both apart. I think she knows she will never get DR fully if she doesn't get DH, which explains why she's doing what she is. She may not desire DH any longer, but I think she knows she needs to keep him close if she wants to keep DR by her side. Basically what she wants is for her to be reinstated as what she was to him in the past so that she has full access to her son, and to do that, she needs to push OB out of the picture. Makes me wonder how the drama's synopsis will be played out as it was told to us, that MR will come back but by then both DH and DR will only have OB in their hearts. We know where DH stands, but how will DR react when he finds out his "pretty noona" is his real mother? Will that change their relationship as it stands now, where he enjoys her company and the attention she lavishes on him? Or will finding out who his birth mother is instead trigger a stronger attachment to OB who he considers his mother? Just a thought, because I am in a situation where one of my siblings is adopted, and finding out who his birth mother was a revelation to him, but also fostered a greater bond with our mother. *shrugs* Probably works differently for everyone. :)

Ep 111 - Brief account of what happened

(originally posted on 07-07-2010 @ 8pm SGT)

OB is shocked by DH's statement. DH tries to explain his reasoning for coming to this conclusion. OB seems very uneasy over the matter. DH tries to persuade OB to see his viewpoint and asks OB to please understand him. OB goes to the spare room where her dad is sleeping for the night. OB tries to talk to KLM out of pressurising DH further with his incessant questions about the job hunt. KLM then asks OB who was the woman he saw with DN the other day and OB says she is DN's friend's mother. Just then, DN enters the room with his puzzle and asks KLM to play with him. (hmm, would DN accidentally find out that MR is his real mom one fine day just as he is entering a room . . . wow, won't that be a shocker)

MR is shocked with what her dad had just told her, the terms that he had laid out to DH. MR is panicking that it is in conflict to what she really wants. Mr Choi tells MR to trust him (I suspect what he told DH yesterday was a trap to reel DH in . . . . yeah, trust the Great Craftmaster of deceit and lies to come up with a master plan . . )

To me, MR is still being Daddy's little girl, running to Daddy to solve all her problems when she cannot make any progress. :phew:

OB is in the kitchen washing up when YSH enters and they talk about DH and his decision. YSH then asks what MG had requested OB to prepare for his friend. MG is in his room looking at KH's pic on his desktop and recalls KH telling him off. Dr Park calls MG and says he wants to meet up with him. MG is wondering what it could be about, could it be about KH .... As MG is about to leave, YSH stops him and drills him about "his friend". MG makes some sort of excuse. YSH asks if it is SJi (as a GF) but MG insists it isn't SJi and makes a quick exit.

Dr Park is on the phone trying to contact KH, without success. Just then KH enters his office and they chat. KH asks Dr Park about the details pertaining to the cancer. Dr Park seems to have laid out the facts and KH is taken aback. Dr Park tries to make her feel more comfortable by consoling her. As KH is leaving the hospital building, she spots MG waiting around, thinking that he is waiting for her(?). She calls out to MG asking him why he is there. He tells her that he has an appt with Dr Park and asks her if she has cancer. She denies and KH again yells back at MG for bothering about her, MG obligingly goes off.

KH is back in her bedroom when HyoRi enters with cookies and offers it to her, that's when KH starts crying and hugging HyoRi, who starts to wonders why her aunt is so sad. HyoRi runs to her parents telling them about her aunt suddenly crying but they seem to brush the matter aside.

SJi is deep in thot when OB comes in. SJi enquires about DH and OB says he is okay and other stuff. OB then asks SJi about KH and mentions about what she saw the other day (guessing). SJi begins to think in her mind if MG knows about KH not being well. SJi seems distracted with her own thots and whilst OB continues to ask SJi, thinking that she might know who MG is concern over (as a GF?).

KLM is still playing with DN when Grandma enters the living room. She is still "frustrated" with KLM but remains civil with him. They end up in her room playing cards when Grandma starts losing, Grandma starts saying things like the way KLM has been talking about DH. That he shouldn't look down on DH etc (guessing), cos DH is a capable man. Grandma may have let it slip about DH beig offered a high position at Green Dairy.

KLM joins them for dinner but seems very unhappy. JN & YSH are a bit uneasy. YSH may have mentioned to OB that since her dad is here, she should have prepared better dishes for him, to which OB says her father is alright with what is on the table. KLM again begins to brings the matter about finding work . . .probably harping on the fact that if he has an offer at Green Dairy, why isn't he taking it!!! That's when OB finally bursts out, after having had enough of KLM's nagging, and tells her father off by telling him to leave, then she gets up and goes to the kitchen. Next, OB is in front of YSH/JN/Grandma, I guess asking for forgiveness for being rude in front of the elders earlier on. JN asks OB if DH has decided the position at Green Diary and OB says she is not sure . . (I think eventually YSH asks OB to help persuade DH to take up the offer at Green Dairy). DH apologises to OB (for being a disappointment, as in not being able to provide for the family???). OB says what is there to apologise for (when he has done everything possible within his ability).

Next morning, IQ is setting the table for breakfast, SJun is running late and leaves (dressed in his suit and carrying a briefcase, pretending as though he is working in an office) without breakfast. IQ hears SJun's mobile ringing and picks up the call . . . it is from a man who is yelling away (probably the construction site supervisor). Next scene, she is at the construction site and she sees the kind of hard work that SJun has been doing. IQ comes home and cries over the sorry state that SJun is in. SJun and MS are enjoying his break-time together over ice-cream and they talk about IQ. MS suggests getting some ice-cream for IQ and they both arrive at SJun's home together. IQ is doing some recycling and they both try to help her out but she rejects the offer. IQ tells SJun to wash up and rest and she even thanked MS briefly for the ice-cream. After passing her the ice-cream, MS goes off and SJun goes to washed up. IQ talks to SJun about what she had seen today. She is angry at SJun for lying to her all this while. SJun apologises for hiding the truth. IQ asks him to stop this line of work but SJun says he is able to bear with it (guessing). IQ says she is saddened to see SJun come to this state and leaves the room. IQ continues to sob in the bathroom, she suddenly starts thinking back to what her husband had said (seems to be quite sometime in the past).

MS comes home and OB asks if she was with SJun. OB assured her that it'll be a secret just between the both of them and also informed of the "hidden" stash of food (guessing).

OB enters her bedroom and overhears DH still trying to beg for job opportunities over the phone. At bedtime, OB stays awake and continues to worry over the situation. Next morning, DH awakens to find OB sitting on the bed, deep in thot. DH tells OB not to worry over the Green Dairy matter. OB shares her concerns but DH tries to console her and OB eventually says that she chooses to place her TRUST IN HIM and to go ahead to join Green Dairy.

DH meets up with Mr Choi to discuss details but DH still has his reservations where DN/MR is concerned. Mr Choi must have said that they are 2 different matters and that business is business. Eventually DH tells Mr Choi that he will take up the job offer . . ended with DH still looking worried/concerned/unsettled whilst Mr Choi has a "not-too-trusting" type of smile on his face.

. . . . end of Ep 111. There isn’t any Preview for Ep 112.

Screen-caps of Ep 111

from Korean Media News

201007080626481001_1.jpg

1278572836.jpg

201007080625581001_1.jpg

Ratings for Ep 111

TNS - 19.4% (#3 Nationwide) / 18.4% (#3 Seoul)

AGB - 19.6% (#3 Nationwide) / 20.3% (#3 Seoul)

Guest scarecrow

After watching today's episode...I'm convinced that OB has every reason to be worried/reluctant about DH working at Green Dairy. (although she gave in and told DH that he can accept the position at GD) Just look at Mr. Choi's face when DH responded to his offer -- the look of "can't be trusted face." Both father and daughter seems to be plotting something that will affect DH and OB's relationship. I just hope that DH's reassurance to OB will stick and will not be swayed by whatever MR or her father says/does. :(

Tiki_sg thanks for the recap. :)

Ah yeah. I agree with you scarecrow. MR is her father's daughter after all. She learned her manipulative and evil ways from her parents since the day she was born. She's always been saying that she didn't stop thinking about DH while she was married to another man and living in the US. Well thinking about someone does not mean that person belongs to you. If she really was "still in love" with DH, why take 7 years to get a divorce. And she's also thinking that it does not matter how long she gets separated from DH; that DH will be there and waiting for her and readily agree to pick up where they left off! Wow! Talk about total ownership - that's what's inside her twisted mind. It's like leaving a house for sometime and then come back and live in it whenever it suits the owner. On a personal note, the actress playing MR really has very limited facial expressions and her acting range is so narrow. It's the same as her portrayal of a spoiled and bean pie daughter in Creating Destiny.

Guest koreandramaland

I've a question if anyone knows the answer: Whatever happened to Sjun's dad? Where is he? Doesn't he know the sorry state of IQ?

Also, just a comment- from the smile of MR's dad at the end of last episode when DH says he would join GD..his smile suggests he feels DH is in not only as a GD employee...but more! It'll be interesting...

I've a question if anyone knows the answer: Whatever happened to Sjun's dad? Where is he? Doesn't he know the sorry state of IQ?

As I recall, his last appearance was in Ep 104. Standing outside their house, when the items in the house were being labelled.

In Ep 103, He did come back (without his luggage) to the house when WB made the headlines. However, IQ chased him out of the house, after blaming him for being a useless fellow who hadn't helped her at all when she was building up WB in the past and even now when WB is in trouble.

Mr Kang hasn't been mentioned since (other than by SJun, who misses him the most, and the occasional mention if he is back with the family by Jang family). . until IQ's reflection yesterday . . . I guess she is beginning to miss his presence, since she doesn't have any WB distractions to occupy her thots, kekeke

Ep 112 - Brief account of what happened

w/ 3 Cuts for Ep 112 (Credit : dcInside)

(originally posted on 08-07-2010 @ 8pm SGT)

DH agrees to take up the position of General Manager at Green Dairy (GD). Mr Choi is extremely happy but DH still looks serious and is business-like with Mr Choi and hesitantly accepts Mr Choi's handshake.

MR waits impatiently for news from Mr Choi. Mr Choi comes into office and shares the good news with MR. (I think he may have taught MR how to work her way to getting DN later on . . .) MR agrees to what her father said and as he is leaving, MR gives a very cunning and evil smile.

DH shares the news of his decision to join GD with the family and KLM starts to say something but OB prompts him to stop . . . Everyone in the family is in a jovial mood, especially Grandma who is extra happy because DH will now be GM (instead of Team Manager). KLM can't contain his happiness either but he suddenly gets up and everyone else also get up, wondering if he is leaving . . I think he said he needs to go to the washroom and leaves the room. OB apologises to grandma (for her father's behaviour???) whilst YSH is thankful to OB (for giving her approval - guessing).

DH & OB are in their room, and DH thank OB for trusting him and probably saying that he will do his best (at work). DH gives her a hug and thanks her again but OB seems to be resisting (saying it is time to sleep) and he hugs her even tighter. However OB still has a worried look on her face.

1st Cut of Ep 112 - OB being coy when DH gives her a tight hug

Next morning, DH arrives at his new office and is looking at the GM title plate on the desk when Mr Choi comes in to welcome him onboard. He hands him the official product documents to commence on work and leaves after saying a few words of encouragement. DH is about to start reading up the document when MR enters. She congratulate DH and extends her hand for a handshake to which DH unwillingly accepts. MR was all smiles (cunning) whilst DH had the look of displeasure upon hearing that MR will be working with him (Guessing).

OB and DN return from school, greets the elders. OB mentioned that DN(?) wants to have a celebration party for his dad, to which Grandma teases DN if it will be a topokki party. After OB & DN have gone off to their room, Grandma mutters something about DH and YSH wonders what she said but she said just ignore her "itchy" mouth (sorry, it is a Singlish terminology). I think it may be something negative, cos YSH then says that DH is not like that. Grandma may have mentioned that she hopes MR finds someone soon so that she won't cause anymore trouble (guessing)

KH is thinking about what Dr Park said when she receives a call from him, asking if she is at home. He says he is coming up. Dr Park comes into her apt and talks to KH, trying to coax her into checking in but KH is still feeling depressed mentioning about her late husband, how she felt like dying and how she misses him then starts to cry. Dr Park is at a loss for words to console her, KH keeps saying it had to be her (getting cancer) then moves over to give her a hug. He gets her a glass of water to calm her down. Dr Park tries to reason with her in order to get her to go for treatment (in US?). He asks if her family members are aware, she says no. Seems she doesn't want them to know about her illness, just then Mr and Mrs Seo come in and Dr Park shakes Mr Seo's hand and says "long time no see". Mr Seo asks why Dr Park here and hr gives some reason/excuse. Mr Seo introduces his wife to Dr Park then says he has to leave and KH goes into her room. Mrs Seo starts to wonder what Dr Park has to do with KH, and starts her panic thinking mode - speculating like crazy (probably thinking they are dating?).

MG talks to SJi who is still deep in her own thot. SJi starts drilling MG with questions relating to KH and starts yelling at him for not snapping out of it. MG starts to feel agitated, holding his anger till the 3rd time, then he yells back at SJi (but I don't think he mentioned the severity of KH's situation). MG returns to his room and looks at the potted flowers that he had intended to give to KH.

DH is in his office when OB calls him (DN appa)up, asking if he has any plans for tonight. He says "I have none, why?". OB tell him about the celebration party at home. Initially he says why have a celebration party but ended up agreeing to it. Just as DH rings off, Mr Choi enters and tells him of a meeting(?)/gathering that DH needs to attend. DH calls OB back to apologise that he cannot make it. OB says it's no big deal, that office matters are more important (guessing) and they ring off. DH is getting ready to leave the office when MR enters, saying DH is meeting (someone) so let's go together. DH is surprised cos he is under the impression that he is going with Mr Choi, not Team Manager Choi (MR). MR says "Oh, didn't Chairman Choi inform you that it will be held at my home". DH is shocked upon hearing this but MR carries on to say that they had better hurry, that the car is waiting.

2nd Cut of Ep 112 - OB calls DH at end of workday

At the dinner party, MR/Mr & Mrs Choi are impressed with how DH presented himself to the Caucasian businessman, Mr Brown. MR then led Mr Brown elsewhere whilst Mr Choi praised DH for doing well. Mrs Choi said a lot things to DH (don't know the contents, other than "please eat", "joining the company" and "apology" . . ) and DH looks serious again but thanked her politely.

DH is alone at the verandah when MR brings wine to DH (lol he has his Stone-faced look the whole time MR is doing all the talking, kekeke) and pretends to talk business . . then she starts to say something like "don't we work well together?" (guessing). She goes on to say things that happened in the past and asks if he remembered them etc . . DH says he has a request/favour . . . that in future he doesn't want to mix business with pleasure (guessing). MR says "Okay, I understand and sorry, oppa". DH says something (probably some excuse to leave) then walks off after that. Of course MR is pissed at being ignored.

DH returns home and everyone, including KLM, is in the living room having fruits. YSH asks if he has eaten, he just says "yes" without saying anything else. JN asks DH how was his day then KLM said a mouthful and Grandma had to chip in . . the 2 "enemies" are at it again, kekeke. MG and MS congratulate DH on getting the job, DH thanks them but he doesn't really have a happy look and neither does OB.

DH and OB are in bed both chatting happily when OB happened to ask about MR, probably if they need to work together etc (DH's expression changed the moment MR was mentioned) . . . I think DH may have "covered up" the fact that they are working together but he ended the conversation by saying not to worry and gives her a peck on the cheek then goes to sleep. OB still looks uncertain .. and worried

3rd Cut of Ep 112 - DH's "goodnight kiss"

note that DH's ring is "missing" in the beginning but reappears after that . . kekeke

MS arrives at IQ's with bags of groceries and volunteers to cook for IQ whilst she takes her shower. MS asks IQ to taste the dish that she had just cooked and after tasting, IQ added some condiments/sauces and MS takes a taste and says it is good. IQ asks why MS still calls her "Mother" and after MS says she still regards her as one (guessing), IQ just smiles. MS brings packed lunch to SJun's job-site and they have lunch together. Initially SJun thot MS had prepared everything but MS said it was all cooked by his mom. He then said "no wonder it tasted so good, couldn't possibly be her cooking" . . MS threatened to take away the food, then SJun said he was just joking. Whilst chatting, MS asks if there has been any news from Mr Kang. Seems like he hasn't been in touch with SJun either. SJun tells MS stories of his family's past when they were poor but happy. IQ is on her way back from marketing and again thinks of her husband and what he said in WB office.

MG looks at the flowers again when MS enters his room. MS talks to MG about WB/SJun and MG is angry that MS hasn't given up on SJun. MS just doesn't understand why MG is still angry. She mentioned that DH has gotten over being angry with SJun. (am guessing what they talked about, sorry) Just as MS is about to leave the room, she notices the flowers and asks if they are gifts from someone. MG says they are not and that she can have it.

KH is in her room and after thinking for a while, packs her bag. Before she leaves she picks her phone . . . (change of scene) . . . Dr Park receives a message from KH to patiently wait for her (guessing she is going away to think some more before making her decision)

Dr Park urgently tries to get in touch with her but she is not picking up the call, whilst driving. Dr Park goes to KH's office and find out that she is not there the whole day either. MG is in the midst of erasing all her photos from his PC when he receives a call from Dr Park asking if he had received any calls from KH. MG says "no, what is the matter" . . .MG arrives at Dr Park's clinic and asks Dr Park what is going on. They talk (sorry wasn't really paying attn to what was said) and MG said does it have anything to do with her stomach ulcer . . to which Dr Park truthfully tells MG that KH has stomach cancer and not just an ordinary curable disease.

. . . . end of Ep 112. There isn’t any Preview for Ep 113.

(I do not know if MG actually shut down his PC or turned off the monitor when he left hurriedly to go to Dr Park's clinic. If he didn't then either OB or YSH may see it and start to suspect that KH is his GF???)

Screen-caps of Ep 112

from Korean Media News

1278647424.jpg

201007090544121001_1.jpg

201007090545081001_1.jpg

Ratings for Ep 112

TNS - 18.7% (#4 Nationwide) / 17.8% (#4 Seoul)

AGB - 20.2% (#4 Nationwide) / 20.5% (#4 Seoul)

Today's headlines

2010-07-09

201007090934773616_1.jpg

News of Seo Hyo Rim (our ManSae)

juggling KBS drama "SungKyunKwan Scandal" (성균관 스캔들),

GDWWB as well as co-hosting MuBank.

(kekeke really puts LSM to shame . . . :phew: )

Write-up by JavaBeans

Archived