Taylor Swift Biggest Winner At CMA Awards

Peekabooitzme

Taylor Swift made a history at the 43rd Country Music Association Awards on Wednesday.

d297da2d736843de9365f36443aa62b8.jpg

Singer Taylor Swift ® reacts as she accepts the award for Album of the Year for "Fearless" with her producer Nathan Chapman at the 43rd annual Country Music Association Awards in Nashville November 11, 2009.

Taylor Swift made a history at the 43rd Country Music Association Awards on Wednesday as she became the youngest person and the first solo female act in a decade to win CMA's entertainer of the year award.

The 19-year-old crossover sensation swept all four awards she was nominated for, including album of the year for "Fearless", the top-selling CD of the year, and video of the year for "Love Story".

She snapped the nightcapping "entertainer of the year" award from veteran singer Kenny Chesney, who dominated the category in the past years winning three straight and four of the last five.

Swift also ended Carrie Underwood's three-year dominance in the female vocalist category.

Country group Lady Antebellum is the winner of 'vocal group the year', ending Rascal Flatts' six-year stranglehold in the category.

Brad Paisley, who co-hosted the show with Carrie Underwood, led all nominees with seven and won two awards, including his third straight male vocalist of the year.

fce6da4da5d84bad860a7a379377f858.jpg

Taylor Swift and her band react as she wins 'Entertainer of the Year' award at the 43rd Annual Country Music Awards in Nashville, Tenn. Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2009.

7940d4b9e1cb421fb17b3bbed28ff489.jpg

Brad Paisley (L) and Carrie Underwood host the 43rd Annual Country Music Awards in Nashville, Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2009.

Credits: CRIENGLISH

Photos from justjared.

taylor-swift-cma-awards-2009-01.jpg

taylor-swift-cma-awards-2009-03.jpg

taylor-swift-cma-awards-2009-08.jpg

taylor-swift-cma-awards-2009-10.jpg

taylor-swift-cma-awards-2009-09.jpg

taylor-swift-cma-awards-2009-07.jpg

taylor-swift-cma-awards-2009-02.jpg

Good thing Kanye West is not there to ruin her moment.

Guest 0oyokisuo0

she is cute and talented and all.....her music is really not that country -_- she's becoming rather overrated.

but she looks gorgeous in that dress.

Lol. It negates being Kanye West-ed.

^ Yeah, there are a few country themes, perhaps at the beginning of the song but overall I don't think her music is that country either.

Guest ANJEE<3

she is cute and talented and all.....her music is really not that country -_- she's becoming rather overrated.

but she looks gorgeous in that dress.

i totally agree

she's like everywhere now.. i thought her music was always more pop trying to sound country

anyway, congrats! she's adorable :)

She looks much better when she smiles wide, like in that last picture. Her pictures look a bit weird when she just smirks, like in those red carpet pictures.

And like the users above, I don't find it exactly accurate to categorize her music as country. There are country influences, but I find it fits more in the Pop category. But hey, if she was nominated and she beat out the competition, she must be doing something right.

Haha ... her music is what I call "country pop". The original versions of some of her singles have a more country feel to it, but radio stations play a remixed version that's more suited for all those non-country listeners.

Guest bonbons

her songs are country, but stations do play a remixed ver. and also love story & you belong with me are the ones that are the least country sounding songs on her album . she has more countrified songs on the album.

Guest Wryscelle

Not gonna lie, her performance last night was HORRIBLE. I don't know if I can even consider her a "vocalist".

I'm fine with her winning the Entertainment of the Year award but Female VOCALIST of the Year??!?!! Seriously?! :mellow:

I'm not going to pretend that I'm not upset or bothered, because I am. Well, there is no denying that she's a pretty good songwriter and her album has sold a lot, but winning the vocalist award against Carrie Underwood, Miranda, Martina and Reba was the biggest joke in the history of CMA, her vocals were easily the weakest in that category.

Guest Lady Violette

congrats to Taylor!! her songs are always so catchy and upbeat.

this is completely unrelated but...I am loving her sequin leggings! I want a pair now!

I watched this while they were announcing female vocalist of the year or something. personally i think that carrie underwood or reba is better than her, in terms of singing live but whatever... lol... congrats to her ^^

Guest TICKLE ME Jx2

So happy for her! She's such a hard worker and is just brilliant at what she does.

I look forward to seeing more greatness from her!! Keep on keepin' on, girl!

Guest miki_chan

^ Yeah! Her eyebrows are so arched up, its actually really funny to look at.

Her music is meh. Not too bad but not that great either.

Archived