Show Off Your Keitai's Thread!

kerpao

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LindseyAlyssa

Well, things like internet and whatnot will never work, regardless of the carrier over here. I think it's kind of misleading to say that the majority of the features would work, when Japanese phones for example have TV, radio, internet, and we wouldn't be able to use any of that.

I apologize.

I meant as in main features phones over here have.

Which, in general is lacking.

I do not own a "keitai" phone,

just a comical verizon phone.

Things like calling, texting, uploading music, the camera,

would still work mostly. {depending upon network tech setup}

But until the US has caught up technologically,

it's to me, a big waste of money,

buying an expensive phone that you can't even use the main features of.

Guest evolution_

I apologize.

I meant as in main features phones over here have.

Which, in general is lacking.

I do not own a "keitai" phone,

just a comical verizon phone.

Things like calling, texting, uploading music, the camera,

would still work mostly. {depending upon network tech setup}

But until the US has caught up technologically,

it's to me, a big waste of money,

buying an expensive phone that you can't even use the main features of.

I think it depends on the person. For me, I didn't buy my 707SC because I wanted to use all the snazzy features. In fact, I have no interest in smartphones with added features like the iphone or Blackberry. My interest in keitai's are for the aesthetic appeal (lol I'm so shallow). I purchased mine because I thought it was drop dead sexy and I got what I wanted. A phone no one else had that I could use to call people/text since that's the only thing I use it for.

Plus the phone culture in North America is very different in Japan. Even if I could use the features like radio, TV etc I don't know if I would. For example, I'd rather watch TV on my big TV screen or even download onto my laptop. A phone screen doesn't really suit that purpose lol.

I'm currently in the market for a new keitai, sold my old one to a friend and I've been toting around a plain SE phone for 2 years. I'm just hesitant about using hypersims so I prefer to buy phones that are unlocked.

So for me, the money I'm paying is for a one of a kind phone that looks amazing, not for the phone's actual capabilities =D

941sh!!! Omggg it's beautiful @___@

SH-03B is hella sexy... I love white phones

Guest peppermintsugar

I think it depends on the person. For me, I didn't buy my 707SC because I wanted to use all the snazzy features. In fact, I have no interest in smartphones with added features like the iphone or Blackberry. My interest in keitai's are for the aesthetic appeal (lol I'm so shallow). I purchased mine because I thought it was drop dead sexy and I got what I wanted. A phone no one else had that I could use to call people/text since that's the only thing I use it for.

Plus the phone culture in North America is very different in Japan. Even if I could use the features like radio, TV etc I don't know if I would. For example, I'd rather watch TV on my big TV screen or even download onto my laptop. A phone screen doesn't really suit that purpose lol.

I'm currently in the market for a new keitai, sold my old one to a friend and I've been toting around a plain SE phone for 2 years. I'm just hesitant about using hypersims so I prefer to buy phones that are unlocked.

So for me, the money I'm paying is for a one of a kind phone that looks amazing, not for the phone's actual capabilities =D

941sh!!! Omggg it's beautiful @___@

SH-03B is hella sexy... I love white phones

I'm exactly like you, that's why I got the 707SC II. If I could have afforded a fancier Docomo phone, I would have gotten that, but I just prefer Japanese phones when it comes to looks. Come on, I went from a Sidekick to this phone, I don't need features haha.

EDIT: Holy crap, I was just browsing Ebay to further my being depressed because I can't afford a Docomo phone, and I ran across this gem

http://cgi.ebay.com/DOCOMO-FOMA-SHARP-SH-0...=item35a4cf76ae

Has anyone else ever seen this? I think it looks so raw.

I'm exactly like you, that's why I got the 707SC II. If I could have afforded a fancier Docomo phone, I would have gotten that, but I just prefer Japanese phones when it comes to looks. Come on, I went from a Sidekick to this phone, I don't need features haha.

EDIT: Holy crap, I was just browsing Ebay to further my being depressed because I can't afford a Docomo phone, and I ran across this gem

i've see it. there's a youtube review thingie on it too. haha. i wonder how long until marktang'll release one of the new phones.

Guest c0lap1nada

It's pretty old (considering that new phones come out each season). It's been out since summer.

Guest evolution_

My current phone choices haha, I'm on the fence about if I really need a phone but I sure do want one!

In white

SH05-A

In white or pink

920T

In white

911T

In white or BLUE 8DDD

921SH

In whitexwhite or whitexblue. Man, this phone is an older one, but I still love it!

920SC

Anyone here have a phone that required a hypersim? Are they easy to use and figure out?

Guest peppermintsugar

i've see it. there's a youtube review thingie on it too. haha. i wonder how long until marktang'll release one of the new phones.

It's pretty old (considering that new phones come out each season). It's been out since summer.

Now I feel super lame and behind on these things, I just saw it today ;---; I like it though, especially the outside front of the phone.

Guest c0lap1nada

My current phone choices haha, I'm on the fence about if I really need a phone but I sure do want one!

In white

SH05-A

In white or pink

920T

In white

911T

In white or BLUE 8DDD

921SH

In whitexwhite or whitexblue. Man, this phone is an older one, but I still love it!

920SC

Anyone here have a phone that required a hypersim? Are they easy to use and figure out?

They all need a hypersim unless you have an old phone or have a factory unlocked/china version of it. Yes, they are easy to figure out.. but it'd be smart to do some research before you actually buy one. Just because it looks nice doesn't mean it's the best phone for you. (Not really you but in general)

Guest NEEKA902

In white

SH05-A

In white or pink

920T

In white

911T

In white or BLUE 8DDD

921SH

920SC

I would go with the first one, but maybe I'm just biased towards flip phones..hah.

Yeah, I agree with the person above. Do some research before you buy :]

Guest MangoStar

I'm getting really sick of my phone and I'm the market to purchase a Japanese phone. However, I'm not sure if switching carriers (I'm with AT&T) and all this hypersim/sim card etc is actually worth it. I've heard horror stories online from people who's phone just quit working or they couldn't text/receive calls etc.

So to all those who do have one, is the money worth it?

I'm getting really sick of my phone and I'm the market to purchase a Japanese phone. However, I'm not sure if switching carriers (I'm with AT&T) and all this hypersim/sim card etc is actually worth it. I've heard horror stories online from people who's phone just quit working or they couldn't text/receive calls etc.

So to all those who do have one, is the money worth it?

Honestly, no.

Definitely not worth the money unless you reside in japan.. The functions are locked and it's kinda a hassle sometimes maintaining it (like ringtones, hypersims, etc). But it's so appealing........ Ahhhhhh. I wouldn't recommend getting one that has been released for less than 1-2yrs cos the price is just way too high, especially within the first couple of months.Plus, there's no warranty and you might want to wait for some reviews before purchasing.

I dont know how Att works but hypersims aren't thaaaat bad if you find the right one. Just a little CPR here and there and every once in awhile replacing it if you're unlucky. I don't think the phone itself stops working...... Maybe the hypersim??? I've never experience any phones breaking down on me before lol... And with texting/calling, you just have to change theoptions and change some numbers in the phone. No biggie.

But yeah. I love mine but it's kinda boring to use but lovely to hold and look at lol

Guest peppermintsugar

Are i-Smartphone HyperSIM's good? Someone is selling my Docomo of choice for rather cheap, but it doesn't come with a HyperSIM. My boyfriend didn't flat out say no about buying me the phone XD So, just in case, I need to know what HyperSIM is good. Of course, it says it works with the phone I plan on purchasing, and T-Mobile.

Guest j_yunskees

Are i-Smartphone HyperSIM's good? Someone is selling my Docomo of choice for rather cheap, but it doesn't come with a HyperSIM. My boyfriend didn't flat out say no about buying me the phone XD So, just in case, I need to know what HyperSIM is good. Of course, it says it works with the phone I plan on purchasing, and T-Mobile.

I've heard that iNex and iSmartphones are the two best hypersims to use.

They're pricey for a reason

Guest peppermintsugar

Oh, that's wonderful to hear then, thank you!

i was looking at that. im' really liking the 941sh

here's the docomo one docomo's newest series

i like that one too! but im a little disappointed cos the screen doesn't rotate or anything :< i really like the front and the display though...

docomo's sh02b looks almost identical to 941sh!

ismartphones are not pricey retails around $15-20. thicker than inex, not the best but worth it if you don't mind cpring.

inex - retails $70-$100. much more stable but thinner.

Dammit some of the newer ones are so pretty it almost hurts.

Why doesn't internet work? Why??? We need to petition docomo and softbank to release international versions. I mean half these phones have 3G international roaming anyway so shouldn't be too hard to just change the firmware a little right?

Ah well, I think I'll be sticking to my 707 for a little while longer.

Archived