[update] Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Introduce Nancy Leigh

Guest leongfun

Guest leongfun

UPDATE

Katherine Heigl's newly-adopted daughter underwent life-saving surgery to repair a hole in her heart when she was just two months old.

The Knocked Up star and her singer husband Josh Kelley finalized the adoption of 10-month-old Nancy Leigh from Korea last week, revealing their applications were fast-tracked because the tot has special needs.

Heigl explained, "They wanted to get her to us as quickly as possible."

Now the National Enquirer reports the baby - nicknamed Naleigh - had an operation soon after she was born to fix her heart defect.

A source tells the tabloid, "Doctors said the congenital heart defect had to be treated quickly to save the baby's life."

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment...eigl-71747.html

UPDATE

Josh Kelley is one proud papa.

"We adopted a baby from Korea, me and my girl, and she's awesome, dude! This girl is the bomb!" the singer, who's married to Katherine Heigl, gushed at a concert Friday night in Oxford, Ohio.

The couple posted a photo of their adopted daughter from Korea last week. They named her Nancy Leigh – after Heigl's mother Nancy and sister Margaret Leigh – but call her by her nickname Naleigh.

At his show at Miami University, Kelley introduced a song he had just written about Naleigh, singing the lines, "Just to see you in mommy's arms is all I need."

"It's like I have Gerber all over my knee," Kelley told the audience, "and it doesn't even matter, I love it."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20305794,00.html

UPDATE

aaiz3l.jpg

23ijd49.jpg

aoxt84.jpg

UPDATE

4r5nr8.jpg

312zgh2.jpg2aetv05.jpg

2hmqbsj.jpg

Katherine Heigl and husband Josh Kelley have completed their adoption of a baby girl from Korea. Katherine’s rep says the couple named the 10-month-old Nancy Leigh, after the actress’ mother Nancy and her sister Margaret Leigh. The girl will go by the nickname Naleigh.

Both parents and Naleigh are together and doing well. Katherine’s animal-rescue foundation has released these adorable photos of the new family.

UPDATE

Katherine Heigl talks all about her decision to adopt in a sit-down interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, airing on Friday (September 11). Here's what the 30-year-old Grey's Anatomy actress shared about 10-month-old baby Naleigh (a mix of her mom and sister's names, Nancy and Leigh):

On Naleigh, who was born in Korea: "She was actually born the day before me in November which I thought was really serendipitous and just kind of like a sign. I realized just recently that I basically forfeited my birthday for the rest of my life."

On how she got to adopt so quickly: "She is a special needs baby and because of that it all moved so much faster. They wanted to get her to us as quickly as possible."

On her decision to adopt this way: "It's been a big part of my life and my family. My sister is Korean and my parents adopted her back in the 70s and so I just always knew that this is something I wanted to do."

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/09/10/ka.../#ixzz0QjKe6IRJ

UPDATE

Almost exactly a year ago, musician Josh Kelley said he and wife Katherine Heigl weren't talking about starting a family.

Looks like somebody changed the subject.

"Katherine and Josh are adopting a baby," the actress's rep confirms to PEOPLE. The couple are adopting a girl from Korea; Heigl's sister also was adopted from Korea.

Heigl, 30, who married Kelly in December 2007, recently hosted a baby shower for Ellen Pompeo. And last week, Heigl got a leave of absence from Grey's Anatomy to film the movie Life As We Know It.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20303399,00.html

Katherine Heigl and musician husband Josh Kelley are reportedly adopting a 10-month-old daughter from Korea this week.

Radar reports the baby's name will be Nayleigh and her nickname will be Leigh.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/09/09/na...heigl-daughter/

Apparently she wants to adopt a Korean baby because her sister is Korean too (her sister was adopted before Katherine was born)

Here are some pictures of her sister on her wedding day:

00885_wedding4ka6_122_1117lo.jpg

00877_wedding2cx6_122_916lo.jpg

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bloated_stick_figure

holy crap say what now??

i didn't even THINK she had a korean sister (not that that's the first thing that comes to mind when i see her XP )....very cool...

Didn't know she had a korean sister.

That's so sweet of them, though I'm not keen on the name Nayleigh....

Makes me think of One Tree Hill Nathan and Haley - Naley...lol

Guest jasmine_korea

aww..so sweet i didn't know about her sister XD

seriously i think it's a great thing that famous people adopt kids so others learn that it's not so unusual ...

there are so many kids on this planet who just need a house and a family...why produce more -_-

Archived