Moon Geun Young 문근영

kanzcech

Moon Geun Young, Doctoral Researcher Shortcut Transformation + 'Glass Garden' Details

923c1b_a655ccf76c544938a3fc39d272b03168~

The film 'Glass Garden' (Director Shin Su Won), starring Actress Moon Geun Young, was unveiled.

Director Shin Su Won's ('Madonna') new film 'Glass Garden' was cranked-up in the past 24 days. It is Moon Geun Young's big screen comeback.

The mystery movie 'Glass Garden' is to be implemented with a novelist's eye. Doctoral student researcher Jae Yeon (played by Moon Geun Young) is living life a little more secretly than others, and after a shocking incident takes place, she collides with the contradictions of reality and ignores the world.

In the movie, while colliding with the contradictions of reality and ignoring the world, Jae Yeon falls into a shocking world of mystery. Novelist Ji Hoon (Kim Tae Hoon) is engulfed in plagiarism and becomes estranged from the world. The Professor (Seo Tae Hwa) is maintaining an unknown relationship with Jae Yeon. The tension between these three completes this unique mystery. 

The next day following the crank-up, 'Glass Garden' actors and production crew all gathered to give their thoughts about the film.

Moon Geun Young, playing Jae Yeon, revealed her thoughts about the crank-up, "While filming, I felt fresh inspiration in this performance. It was a very meaningful work and it will present a unique story structure with freshness that has never been seen in the Republic of Korea."

Continuing, Director Shin Su Won said, "This work will be the rediscovery of actress Moon Geun Young. I made the film happily because I received passionate performance energy from the three actors while making the film."

'Glass Garden' is expected to be released in the first half of 2017.

Source: Naver TV Entertainment News

Translation: MGYIFC

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celebs who earned 'nation' titles to rep the country

Earning yourself a title as 'Nation's ___' is possibly the biggest honor you could get as a celebrity or public figure, so we've compiled a list of some of the celebrities who have been honored with such titles.  Some have generations while others are more recent creations.  There are also some that are personal opinions and others that are very well set in stone and accepted by almost everyone. 

Here are some of the some of the most common, acknowledged, and recent ones - keep in mind that not everyone could be included; there are definitely more with their own or even the same titles!  For example, there seems to have been the most generations for Nation's First Love, but we included the three most famous and acknowledged ones below.

Nation's Little Sisters: Moon Geun Young -> Park Bo Young -> IU

misc_1469821392_e_youngersisters.jpg

cr:http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/celebs-who-earned-nation-titles-to-rep-the-country

Pairs of celebrities who are the same age

ss4.png

Kim Sae Rom and Moon Geun Young (30)

cr:http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/07/pairs-of-celebrities-who-are-same-age.html

Stars You Won’t Believe Are The Same Age

Age is very important in Korean culture. Asking someone’s age at the beginning of your acquaintance is a common practice, so you can decide how formally or informally to speak. Sometimes you can guess without asking – but making a mistake can lead to misunderstandings.

The following is a list of stars who you might never guess are the same age.

Kim Sae Rom and Moon Geun Young

kim-sae-rom-moon-geun-young-540x304.jpg

These two actresses might be the same age, but they play up totally different images. Moon Geun Young has always been seen as the “nation’s little sister,” while Kim Sae Rom has built her career around a more sexier image. Both women debuted as models but Moon Geun Young’s start as a child actress and Kim Sae Rom’s focus on variety shows put them in different spheres. Both actresses are born in 1987 and will turn 29 this year.

cr:http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/31/stars-wont-believe-age/

Moon Geun Young shows off her short hair in movie still cut

1469574991863_99_20160727081703.jpg

Xports News - Naver: 'Glass Garden', transforms into a short-haired researcher "New inspiration"

1. [+1,935, -148] She gives a bit of Lee Mi Yeon vibes

2. [+1,183, -87] Pretty since she was young ❤️❤️❤️

3. [+1,041, -80] Her short hair is gorgeous... Makes her look sophisticated..

4. [+885, -89] Pretty

5. [+813, -72] Wow... really pretty

6. [+163, -18] So neat and pretty... She's lovely as always but the haircut makes her look mature

7. [+128, -8] She never seems to age, it's just her vibes that's maturing. She gets more and more charming. She acts well and I've read most of her interviews and she seems passionate about her work. Supporting you

8. [+132, -16] Her acting is great

9. [+127, -17] She is rocking that hair. So mature and pretty

10. [+100, -10] Reminds me of Lee Mi Yeonㅎ As expected from an actress ㅎ

cr:http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/07/moon-geun-young-shows-off-her-short-cut.html

Moon Geun Young Instagram Update 2016.07.31

13669669_1200297560006392_74754472611842

aka_moons: Things I'm doing these days. #and#withfriends #escapedfromahomebody(weplayeda)#roomescapegame (Moons visited Beat Phobia and played the 'Merry Halloween' deductive thinking game where you have to escape from the room in 60 minutes, which she successfully completed in 59 minutes and 59seconds.) #Day3#thoughtyou#mightbecurious(whativebeendoing)

aka_moons: Things I'm doing these days.#studyingpainting(coloring)#canseethefinish(completion)!(Moons is almost finished with the painting of Vincent van Gogh's 'The Starry Night.')

13669162_1200297180006430_36240347830053

Trans: by: sarigomtangmoons

Celebs who had their first kiss on screen

Sometimes, being a celebrity calls for doing things you've never done before, whether it's riding a horse, throwing water in someone's face, or.... even kissing (all right, all right, in some cases, more like "pecking/bbobbo on the lips" - still counts)!

Check out these celebs who debuted at a young age with little experience in the romantic field so that they gave their first kiss away on screen and had it witnessed by everyone!

Moon Geun Young

misc_1470259279_07c269d1603b40f3d7694ebc

The actress started at a young age and, fittingly enough, had her first kiss through movie 'My Little Bride' with Kim Rae Won!  She was nervous and helped ease Kim Rae Won, who felt sorry for taking her first kiss.

cr:http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/celebs-who-had-their-first-kiss-on-screen

Jinil Kim, Moons' manager, posted a picture with Moons 
‪#‎NOTE‬ When re-posting COPY the SOURCE/CREDIT the Translation!

action1030: Moon Geun Young is in Gangnam^^ ‪#‎MoonGeunYoung‬‪#‎Ifyoulook‬ at ‪#‎Moons‬ there is a bandaid on her palm. Her ‪#‎climbing‬ ability is increasingly growing, causing injury. Why am ‪#‎I‬ getting old

Source: Instagram
Translation: Moon Geun Young International Fanclub (MGYIFC)

13886463_1202372186465596_15993557519226

• 3 weeks later...

Moonstagram

Trans: Awesome(burning) Friday menu made by (my) mom and stir-fried by (my) younger sibling(sister)~ Bulgogi~ #youngersibling(sister) #tookthephoto #i #didnt #take(thephoto) #kekeke #bearshongkiesalso(havean) #awesome(burning)fridayenjoyablefriday #Day322

Trans: Departed at 5 o'clock at dawn and went(immersed) in the water two times then arrived home. Kkya- Early bird(diligent) aka_moons plays well! #jump #althoughweak #writeas #180degrees #andreadas #oneeighty #success!kek #Day330

translation by sarigomtangmoons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi new fan of MGY here :) After 2-3 months hiatus I came back and watched Cinderella's sister and I became fan of Moon Geun Young :blush: She was fantastic as Eun Jo for me <3 Bcoz of her i watched running man and 2days and 1 night lol (only her episodes) She is good in alice in Cheongdam Dong also.

• 2 weeks later...

Do woman-disguised-as-man roles pave the way for success?

The beauty of a drama featuring a woman disguised as a man lies in the fact that viewers recognize that it is obviously a woman, but few on-screen characters are aware of the disguise. Male counterparts straddle a line between friendship and love, and such subtle emotional changes attract more and more viewers. 

The woman-disguised-as-man role is a tough job, as they have to catch subtle changes and details. To many women, simply acting like the opposite sex itself is a hard task to do. However, once the actress prefects her manliness the drama is likely to succeed, as well as the actress’ career. 

Here are a few actresses who have taken on the role.

Moon Geun-young in “Painter of the Wind” (2008)

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160907

The periodic series revolved around the lives of the two most renowned rival painters of the time: Kim Hong-do and Shin Yoon-bok. In the fictional-historic drama, Shin, famous for his unique depiction of women, is a woman disguised as a man. Moon won the Best TV Actress award at Baeksang award ceremony for the role in 2008. 

Read More http://www.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201609071755389609783_2

Sports Chosun - Naver: Moon Geun Young's long hair transformation... eye contact that captivates hearts of men

14199274_1231110986925049_81532404898540

1. [+4,116, -402] If Moon Geun Young was the lead of 'Moon Lovers'?????

2. [+2,331, -198] I would have believed you if you told me she was a high schooler.. Who would think she's 30?

3. [+1,704, -87] Her looks haven't changed since 'Painter of the Wind'.. ㄷㄷ

4. [+1,552, -91] I would've believed it if you said this was taken 2 years after she starred in 'A Tale of Two Sisters'ㅋㅋㅋㅋ She's so cute ㅠ

5. [+1,275, -71] So pretty with long hair~~ She was pretty with bob hair in 'Village' but she's innocently beautiful with this hairstyle. Hope to hear news about your next project soon~~^^

6. [+421, -30] Ooh pretty. She suits long hair

7. [+418, -41] Why don't you ever age? ㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+358, -23] She was awesome in 'Autumn in My Heart'

9. [+334, -24] She looked like a doll in 'Autumn in My Heart' ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I was so amazed

10. [+313, -27] Geun Young-ssi, I wanna see you on screen~^^

cr. http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/09/moon-geun-young-shows-off-her-long-hair.html

2PM's Nichkhun channels Moon Geun Young on 'SNL Korea'

2PM's Nichkhun successfully channeled Moon Geun Young on the September 10 installment of 'SNL Korea 8'!

The idol star and actress have been known as doppelgangers, and it looks like he wasn't afraid to poke fun at the resemblance. The 2PM member did a perfect reenactment of a romantic scene between Moon Geun Young and Chae Woo Hyuk in the 2000 drama 'Autumn in My Heart', playing both roles without a hitch.

Boy Nichkhun ends up being a little pervy with girl Nichkhun, which ends in hilarious K-drama consequences. Check it all out above!

cr:http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/09/2pms-nichkhun-channels-moon-geun-young-on-snl-korea

"'Ddororing' long hair transformation"... Moon Geun Young's 'Innocent' Eye Contact Bewitching the Hearts of Men

923c1b_46a07d5386934d74a660ea287b05ccb4~

Actress Moon Geun Young unveiled an update.

On August 8th, Moon Geun Young posted a photo update through her Instagram along with the words "Ddororing long hair transformation". 

In this public photo, Moon Geun Young unveiled an update and a selca photo.

Her Innocent beauty was upgraded with a sleeveless outfit, showing off her long wavy hairstyle.

Especially, men's hearts were captured by Moon Geun Young gently gazing at the camera with goddess visuals and sweet eyes. 

Meanwhile, Moon Geun Young is in the middle of shooting the film 'Glass Garden', which is expected to be released in the first half of 2017.

Source: Sports Chosun - Naver News

Article Translation: Moon Geun Young International Fanclub (MGYIFC)

• 2 weeks later...

19 Korean Actresses That Look Especially Gorgeous in Hanboks

The hanbok (or traditional Korean dress) is characterized by simple lines and vibrant colors, and is worn with an air of elegance and delicate beauty. It’s not always easy to pull off, but for some Korean actresses, they wear it like their second skin. Take a look below at some of the Korean actresses who are especially gorgeous in hanboks.

Moon Geun Young

14333603_1235620369807444_31856676583661

The actress effortlessly pulls off the often unforgiving middle part. She has acted in several historial projects including “Painter in the Wind,” “Jung Yi, the Goddess of Fire,” and more recently “Sado.”

More here http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/26/19-korean-actresses-that-look-especially-gorgeous-in-hanboks/

On September 19, 2015, Moons asked 곰숑키's (bears) if they wanted to date her! 
I'm sure you all remember when Moons wrote on her Instagram:

We.. match.. quite well?

#Bears #doyouwanttogoout #withnoona?

So... Today is officially Moons and bears 1st anniversary. Don't forget to wish our lovely and beautiful girlfriend, miss aka_moons, a happy anniversary!

14292415_1238284536207694_2089063223185114333772_1238284679541013_5135655525721114332986_1238284709541010_2220591025156914316953_1238284749541006_88116283317019

cr:MGYIFC

Moon Geun Young Cracks Lee Kwang Soo Up With Her Candid Confession On “Running Man”

14479739_1243717408997740_49255489364932

Moon Geun Young reveals she wants to date more on “Running Man”!

On the September 25 broadcast of the SBS show, Lee Kwang Soo gives the actress a call.

During the episode, Lee Kwang Soo looks up “Lee Kwang Soo ideal type” on the Internet to find out who has chosen him as their ideal type as part of his mission. The names that come up include Moon Geun Young, Apink’s Jung Eun Ji, Cosmic Girls members, model Kang Seung Hyun, After School’s UEE, and Secret’s Song Ji Eun.

When he contacts Moon Geun Young, he asks, “Do you remember choosing me as your ideal type before?” Surprised by the question, the actress laughs and says, “It’s not like that. Doesn’t an ideal type always change?”

She then suddenly reveals, “Now I’m willing to try dating anyone once.” Lee Kwang Soo laughs and reminds her that they’re filming, and then asks her to clarify what she means. Moon Geun Young replies by saying, “I just want to date a lot.”

After hanging up, Lee Kwang Soo jokes, “I think Moon Geun Young is a little drunk.”

cr:Soompi.com

Lee Kwang Soo and MoonGeunYoung phone conversation in Running Man ep318 (^-^)

Lee Kwang Soo searches celebrities who said he is their ideal type, which Moons is one of them

(LKS calls the next person on the list right away)

LKS: I haven't called her for a long time.
MGY: Hello?
LKS: Hi, Geun Young
(His talking to the actress, Moon Geun Young)
MGY: Who is it?
LKS: Geun Young.
MGY: Yes?
LKS: Hello.
MGY: Hell
LKS: well, it is embarrassing to say this myself, but do you remember saying that I'm your ideal type of a man? 
(MGY laughs)
MGY: No, I didn't ! mean it that way. One's ideal type always changes, doesn't it?
LKS: You means I'm not your type anymore? (laughs) I'm sorry, Geun Young. I'm so sorry to bother you.
MGY: That's okay.
LKS: Okay.
MGY: I'm just going to date anyone,
LKS: What do you mean? I told you that I'm recording Running Man right now. (laughs)
MGY: Are you? 
LKS: What do you mean you want to date anyone?
MGY: I want more dating experience.
(LKS shock and then laughs)
LKS: Okay, Geun Young.
MGY: Yes?
LKS: Are you drunk? (Laughs)
MGY: What are you talking about?
LKS: I'm really flustered right now. Are you? Okay. I see
MGY: Yes.
LKS: All right. I will call you later.
MGY: Okay. Bye.
LKS: Okay, Geun Young seems a bit drunk right now. She says that someone's type changes over time. She made her point.
(END)

Translation by: ikshow

Archived