Japanese Discussion 日本語の討論会

Guest putasmileon

Guest heart143

me again. :sweatingbullets: just really need help for a major presentation. basically, if the ff. sentences make sense at all and are roughly grammatically okay in structure.

ひみつを教えてあげたいです。

だれもいませんねえ。私のためにそれはちょっとかわいそうですから、もっと”X"のことを教えようと思います。

”X"のおかげで、日本にいる時、いろいろな友だちと会ったことがあります。そして、”X"の日本人ファンが会えました。

Please and thank you. Just indicate if it makes sense at all.

just indicate if it makes sense at all? well yes, when you read it you can get the gist of it, but other than that it's not grammatically correct and there are wrong choices of words used...

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just indicate if it makes sense at all? well yes, when you read it you can get the gist of it, but other than that it's not grammatically correct and there are wrong choices of words used...

well... um, which ones have wrong word choices? :sweatingbullets: i mean, i dont wanna make a fool of myself in front of everyone. like, im really apprehensive about the first sentence. i dont know any other way of saying "i want to tell you a secret."

Guest heart143

Haha, cramming for a quiz right now and I got some last minute question on verbs.

So, correct me if I'm wrong but for strong verbs (group 1), in order to conjugate the verb to present negative informal form, you would take away the ”う" and add "ない" right? So in the case of かう, you would change it to かあない? Am I doing it wrong because かあない doesn't sound right.

Could anyone clarify for me please? Thanks. (:

Oh, and please check over these conjugations (dictionary form to present negative informal form) for me please? THANKS!

いう -> いあない

ならう -> ならあない

おしえる -> おしえらない

おぼえる -> おぼえない

for group 1 verbs, you take away the う and replace with わ + ない.

so for かう it would be かわない.

and to check over the ones you listed:

いう -- いわない

ならう -- ならわない

and the next two are group 2 verbs

so you would drop the る and simply add ない

おしえる -- おしえない

おぼえる -- おぼえない

hope you got it and good luck on your quiz!

Guest orangecake

日本は今週末から本格的にゴールデンウイークの始まりだよ~。

って。

先週の土曜日から16連休なんてヒトもいるけど。

日本で、こんなに長いお休みがあるなんて、

めちゃめちゃ画期的なのだ。

とかいって、

すでにTDLでさんざん散財した私は、

地味なGW。

日本のDLは夢の国~ :lol:

日本で一番不況を感じられない国~ B)

いくらお小遣いあっても足りない国~ :tears:

Guest hellobby

死にたい。もう我慢できない!

shinitai. mougamandekinai.

本当にありがとうございます!^^

(Sorry if the kanji is wrong; wasn't sure?^^;;)

Guest hisohiso
お住まいの地域

i was wondering what this meant.

It's something like "The area where your place is" or "The area where you're living".

Guest jaeka
me again. :sweatingbullets: just really need help for a major presentation. basically, if the ff. sentences make sense at all and are roughly grammatically okay in structure.

ひみつを教えてあげたいです。

だれもいませんねえ。私のためにそれはちょっとかわいそうですから、もっと”X"のことを教えようと思います。

”X"のおかげで、日本にいる時、いろいろな友だちと会ったことがあります。そして、”X"の日本人ファンが会えました。

Please and thank you. Just indicate if it makes sense at all.

"watashi no tame ni sore ha chotto kawaisou desu kara"

the "watashi no tame ni" is really messing me up! I read this before and I was like "watashi no tame ni" -- it sounds strange.

Are you trying to say, that is my reason why it seems a little cute? hmm.. kawaisou.. as long as i know, kawaisou = seems cute?

I would say, "sore wa chotto kowaisou desu kara" = that's why it seems a little scary. tame ni has a feel of, in order to.

the first sentence, i'm not sure about it either. "himitsu o iitai desu" ... i'm not 100%. i haven't studied japanese in 3 weeks. XD

also the sentence with "X no okagede"... something is itching me about that too. I don't know if it should be the "koto ga arimasu" which should be changed to "koto ga dekimasu" or "nihon ni iru toki" to "nihon ni itta toki"... if that makes sense, lol.

I'm not 100% sure about this, so don't take my word for it! Just my observations, hopefully someone can confirm or offer a better opinion.

Guest SOUL'd to:GD

I'm thinking about getting a Kanji tattoo on my back near my shoulder.. :X

So I was wondering if anybody here that knows how to write in Kanji or whatever can help me out?

How do you write/translate the word soul into Kanji in a way that it makes sense in Kanji? (I hope I made sense) O_O;;;;

Also, stairway to heaven? thank you so much!

Guest Soochi

I have a quick question for calling to Japan.

I'm trying to contact a friend in Japan but I can't seem to reach her on phone. I don't know if I am dialing wrong since I haven't called international for a while.

I'm using a calling card, and basically do I include the 0 with the city code?

It rings but no one picks up.

Guest aymei
I have a quick question for calling to Japan.

I'm trying to contact a friend in Japan but I can't seem to reach her on phone. I don't know if I am dialing wrong since I haven't called international for a while.

I'm using a calling card, and basically do I include the 0 with the city code?

It rings but no one picks up.

You might want to ask this in the soompi network sub forum east asia, I'm pretty sure they can help you there (:

Guest <3 Kim
Read this: http://japanese.about.com/library/weekly/aa051301a.htm

Um, if you know Korean, 'wa' corresponds to 은/는 and 'ga' corresponds to 이/가.

Not sure if you know Korean though ._.;;;

います is the 'is' as in "the cat is on the roof," "the dog is in the room," etc.

です is the 'is' as in "he is a boy," "she is a girl," "dogs are cute," etc.

Thanks so much, it all makes sense now :D

I'm thinking about getting a Kanji tattoo on my back near my shoulder.. :X

So I was wondering if anybody here that knows how to write in Kanji or whatever can help me out?

How do you write/translate the word soul into Kanji in a way that it makes sense in Kanji? (I hope I made sense) O_O;;;;

Also, stairway to heaven? thank you so much!

魂 tamashii is soul

天国の階段 tengoku no kaidan is stairway to heaven. unfortunately it's also the name of a popular korean drama so if you got that tattooed on you then you'd probably get laughed at

you could write 天国への階段, that's what led zeppelin's song is called in japanese..

Guest heart143
I was entering my details and stuff into a Japanese DS game, all was good until this came up:

苗字

名前

what does 苗字 mean?

your surname / last name =)

and 名前 would be your name*

Guest SOUL'd to:GD

魂 tamashii is soul

天国の階段 tengoku no kaidan is stairway to heaven. unfortunately it's also the name of a popular korean drama so if you got that tattooed on you then you'd probably get laughed at

you could write 天国への階段, that's what led zeppelin's song is called in japanese..

So if I were to get "Stairway to heaven" tattooed you recommend the 2nd one (the song title) right? lol thank you so muchhh~~~~

日本は今週末から本格的にゴールデンウイークの始まりだよ~。

って。

先週の土曜日から16連休なんてヒトもいるけど。

日本で、こんなに長いお休みがあるなんて、

めちゃめちゃ画期的なのだ。

とかいって、

すでにTDLでさんざん散財した私は、

地味なGW。

日本のDLは夢の国~ :lol:

日本で一番不況を感じられない国~ B)

いくらお小遣いあっても足りない国~ :tears:

16連休って一体どういう仕事なんですか??就職したいからw

ゴールデンウイークみたいな皆あっちこっち行き来してる忙しい祝日じゃ豚インフルエンザに感染される恐れない?アメリカではメキシコ行きの便とかがすごい影響受けてるけど日本はどうかな。。

たしかに政府が新しいことは必要以上に大騒ぎしてると思うが。。イエズみたいな感染の方がずっと深刻なのにどうして豚フルはこんなに放送されてるかなと。。やっぱりニュース会社がお金もうけるために人を怖がらせてるんじゃないかと最近思ってきた

とにかくミッキーマウスは感染されないように!

よ、皆。なんか恥ずかしいけど

約2年間、日本語勉強するわ。でもあまりうまくないんです。

私の日本語分かる?

だって本間に頑張りますよ。

とにかく、私はハーフ日本人です。

でも家族の中に日本語を話せる人が私だけです。

よろしく★

分かりますよ、今どうやって日本語勉強してるんですか?独学で?

何か手伝えることがあったら遠慮ないで聞いてみてください

よろしく

Archived