Fake/replica Designer Bags Or Look-a-likes

Guest Kimbree

Guest PoooBear

I would buy the bag because I think it looks nice and it is cheap! xD

What is the point of buying a 500$ bag when you can get a 30$ bag that looks exactly the same!

The point is the quality of the item.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kikkie

i have too much pride to actually do it and it would be awkward if someone notices.

i buy no-name brands (personal favorite) or just cheaper designer ones (like coach instead of gucci).

Guest luv4dawave

yeah i'm in NYC right now, and

it's amazing how so many people are carrying LV bags.

But you know they can't be real...cuz c'mon,

how many people you know can afford it??

But I'm so tempted too.

I really want an LV bag,

but I have too much pride to buy a fake.

Everytime I see a fake one on the street,

I keep thinking,

"this should do until I can buy a real one."

Yet...I still have my pride to keep (T T")

So yes, girls--go save your money to buy the real thing.

Once you get the authentic bag, you'll feel so proud of your bag

and want to show it off.

Plus, you'll truly feel satisfied.

I can't imagine showing off a knockoff!

Guest loveAmore

I would get one if it didn't have the labels slapped all over it making it obvious that it's fake. :S

I'd buy a bag that has the similar bag style.

Guest Sango2893

To po' for all that jazz.

I'm sticking to my pockets and hope

they carry everything.LOL we're in a recession people!

Plus,I'd be scared walking down the street

and somebody spot my fake a mile away.

Like "OOOH GURL,BOO BOO,THAT IS

MICHAEL PORS NOT NO MICHAEL KORS"

Guest kuroimisa

I dunno about other people and how they feel about this, but I personally think that well and truly anyone with a stable situation can easily afford a designer bag. There are a variety to suit a range of budgets - it's very possible. Even in LV or Gucci there are a variety of price tags and bag designs to either suit functionality or budget.

If you ask me, buying a fake, replica or knockoff will probably be more expensive than buying the one designer item in the long term. Fakes aren't exactly cheap - but meh, to me it's a comparison in the quality sense rather than in the monetary sense (though it is part of it).

But yeah anyway, it is quite embarassing to be seen with a fake - I've spotted it - accidentally - on a friend's bracelet - and one random people's jackets (one of the LV flowers were wrong). I wholeheartedly agree people are trying to buy something cheaper (note cheaper, NOT cheap) to pass off as something expensively looking.

I'd definitely only get the real thing. The service is much better, just you get what you pay for in the experience and quality.

If you're really tied up with cash, you can wait it out till there are sales on.

Guest GloomyBear

what if you buy a replica without even knowing that it's some expensive brand?

that's what happend with my aunt once. she bought a bag and she didn't know that miu miu was a brandname. and then she found out.

That happened to me too ;__;

I chose maybe~

But I would prefer to buy the real one?

The knockoff sometimes look a bit weird lol.

Though the bags I buy are like small companies so I'm not really sure :lol:

Guest alphlovebtc

If the replica was nice, cheap, and in pretty good quality, then yes I'd buy it.

Normally, I wouldn't though. The brand name bags aren't all that nice.

Guest bluberri_oreo

NEVER would I ever be caught dead sporting a fake designer bag. You can call me shallow or materialistic, but I just can't walk around knowing that its not real. I would rather buy a non designer bag and use that instead of wearing a fake Coach or Gucci bag. For example, I would carry around a Puma or Aldo bag instead of walking around with a fake designer bag. What people are essentially doing is stealing someone else design and tweaking it. People probably don't sympathize with these designer companies because they're selling their bags for hundreds, so they see nothing wrong with changing the G's in Gucci to an E or the C's in Coach into G's ... in the end, stealing is stealing. Quite frankly, I wouldn't be caught with a fake cause its embarrassing. You can definitely say otherwise, but it's just embarrassing since its not hard to tell real from fake. I don't have anything against someone who chooses to buy one. My aunt carries around one, which is great if she feels comfortable with it. It's just I would never do it.

Guest strawberrynkiwi

I'm not that into designer bags. But if I was to have one, of course I would rather have the real thing. But if the day come when I do see a designer bag that I really really like, but I can't afford it and I find one that is similar, why not?

i have too much pride to actually do it and it would be awkward if someone notices.

i buy no-name brands (personal favorite) or just cheaper designer ones (like coach instead of gucci).

My thoughts exactly.

Or else, you might as well save up for a real designer bag.. I think, in the end, the quality and durability is worth it :)

Guest BabyOceAn

I dont buy cheap bags is waste money to buy all the time.

I buy designer bags but I dont spend my money all time. designer bag have great quality that can use up to many years!

I have my Gucci bags and LV bags for many years I used all the time right still in great shape :)

Guest Flicksityy

xwinnie_lovex , designer bags are not just your average daily bags. I didn't pay over $1500 for a LV bag for nothing you know. Firstly, the majority isn't made in sweatshops in China where employees are paid with minimum salary, but European countries. You pay for what you get, a sweatshop bag won't last you very long, whereas common individuals could keep designer bags for decades.

I honestly think that if individuals are going to buy a fake designer bag, why don't they just use the money to buy less branded bags such as Guess etc? It saves the embarrassment. Designer bags does not always mean the individual is superior from the rest, however fake designer bags usually show the concept that the individual is trying to fit in or gain attention. Sometimes, it's not bad to have a little pride.

Guest hesaid143

No.

I've never had a fake, so I'm not sure how great the quality is.

To me, it'd be sensible to invest in an (authentic) piece that will last you years rather than a cheaper alternative that will stay for a year or two. You'll just end up buying other bags and eventually it may even add up to the actual bag.

Guest purin-chan

I went to visit my cousin in Indonesia and there are a lot. They're really cheap! One for Rp. 50 000 : Around US$5. (I maybe wrong, cz I'm bad in finance. :)

For a higher quality, they're more expensive: Rp. 600 000 -> US$12?

They're really bad in quality. Yesh. Probably.

I never want and gonna use these. :x If my friend ever find out. I'll be really embarassed :x I'd better buy a not-so-famous brand, that's not fake. Such as Charles&Keith..

Guest tesespieces

...anyone with a stable situation can easily afford a designer bag. There are a variety to suit a range of budgets - it's very possible...

I agree. There are a wide range of price tags for many of these brands. & All you need is ONE good and timeless bag that can last you for years.

I used the same Chanel bag for years. Tossed it around, gotten it wet (ocean & pool water), spilt make-up and food in it... & (except for being a bit limp now) it still looks exactly same as the day i got it. not a single tear or stain on it at all! even after all I put it through. best bag ever!

Guest Malice_Kaiser

The point is the quality of the item.

I understand the quality is good but I don't think it's $1000 good. I can't imagine any bag ACTUALLY being worth $1000. It's not like it cost the designer THAT much to make the bag, so why should they sell it for that much?

This is a big NO! Why should I go around with a fake on, if I ever wants to use one I buy a real one..

Ohh mention this I got an real LV from my ex for 1300$ or something, so yeah actually I have an "real" one so I shouldn't really bother to use something fake.. <_<

This is mine, called Marylin Or

It's super pretty and the quality is TOP! But to bad I got tired of it already=/ I want to sell it..xD

LV_Marilyn_handbag.jpg

Guest AoiAi

No. The replicas are going to break easily. Besides, I am too prideful to buy a knock-off and walk around with it.

Archived