Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

Guest creaturedreams

EPIK HIGH IS BANNED? WTBBQ!

Three major broadcasting stations, KBS, MBC and SBS are at it again! They are all banning Epik High’s new track ‘Believe’ along with 2 other tracks ‘Top Gun’ and ‘Cipher’.

more information: popseoul

credits: Popseoul

Can't believe this, they're absolutely ficktards :@

Guest &teekayy;

Oh what da heo...where are you guys getting your info from? NEED SF venue and tickets!! :wacko:

i'm going nuts over here. it feels like all the other US cities are confirmed with the venue

i neeeeeed to goooo. i hope its not like 18+ ....

Guest dubseeXvip

hahah its not a scam, dont worry. its just a heads up that more ticket info will be released tomorrow.

(thats the day to be waiting for !)

house of blues!

Guest tsuyoyo

Hi guys, I figured I'd pop in here and ask because I didn't get any response from the Epik High comm on Livejournal.

I'm currently in Tokyo and planning on going to the Shibuya-ax concert. Is anyone else in the area and would like to go with me?

Guest tinenapay

so i just learned about the news how some radio stations banned Epik High's songs. i am not from Korea so im just curious, are the media board there really THAT strict when it comes to lyrics?

it's such a shame how these guys pour their all in making music only for their work to get banned. i mean banning a song because the group's website is in the lyrics? come on!

Guest natnatnaz

so i just learned about the news how some radio stations banned Epik High's songs. i am not from Korea so im just curious, are the media board there really THAT strict when it comes to lyrics?

it's such a shame how these guys pour their all in making music only for their work to get banned. i mean banning a song because the group's website is in the lyrics? come on!

I agree.

Honestly, I don't understand why they have to ban it if they're promoting their own label.

If it was promoting other copyrighted products, then I guess its understandable since they didn't pay to use those labels.

But if the song doesn't contain violence, sexually explicit content, criticism of the government or names and labels, then shouldn't it be okay?

Guest gr3ent

i was wondering.. if tickets go on sale before the ticket reservation button works on mts.com, does that mean all those waiting on mts wont get tickets to the show? many people think the tickets going on sale are a scam. its hard not to be suspicious since we havent heard official news from eh yet.

i checked HoB and it doesnt say anything about eh performing may 16th yet. maybe they havent updated?

anyways, to anybody that hears news about the SF concert, please post! i really want to get a ticket also. haha.

oh yeh, anybody buying the new mts logo tshirt? it goes on sale 4/18.

Guest JANG.

yes, korea really is that conservative and strict when it comes to media, etc. epik high kind of pick fun at it in their online showcase. that's part of the reason why they pulled an event like that, so the fans could hear the songs that were banned from TV and radio live. i would think that they don't find it surprising at all anymore, haha. they know the reasons why their songs are banned, so it's not that big of an issue.

i was wondering.. if tickets go on sale before the ticket reservation button works on mts.com, does that mean all those waiting on mts wont get tickets to the show? many people think the tickets going on sale are a scam. its hard not to be suspicious since we havent heard official news from eh yet.

i checked HoB and it doesnt say anything about eh performing may 16th yet. maybe they havent updated?

yeah, i find this a little strange too. epik high aren't even selling tickets yet, and a few sites have already sold them. i hope it's not a scam for those that have already bought the tickets though. hopefully these places are reliable. i'm sure the people waiting to buy them from the site will be guaranteed a ticket if they reserve a spot when it starts working, since MTS has yet to sell these tickets personally. i don't know about the tickets already going on sale, but the ones from MTS should definitely be secure. i guess they're waiting until it gets closer to may to release all of the info and open ticket reservations. and i'm assuming house of blues is doing the same?

edit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i just checked the thread for this concert, and some people that have ordered tickets for the seattle show on ticketswest.com have already received them.

unless the actual tickets are fake, i'm assuming it's not a scam. ;x

Guest jnie05

i don't think the seattle ones are fake...but the LA ones sound iffy.

and their songs got banned because it has their site in there? that's just overboard!!!

i understand that songs with explicit language is a no in korea....but damn just for saying mapthesoul??? they have to be out of their minds!!! they just want to break EH. suckas.

Guest xbananaxmexblahx

awww... I really wanna get one of the Map the Soul tshirts then wear it to their LA concert ;D

anyone around the 626 area wanna get one for me then I'll pay you back ??... LOLL

So is this event going to be put up on the House of Blues website tomorrow ?

Guest stardaisy212

here are the reason why they banned the songs

Believe: MBC “Epic High talks about specific brands, there is strong and excessive indirect advertisement." KBS and SBS's reason “their lyrics contain criticism towards specific organizations.”

Top Gun: Criticizes a certain career (I cannot find the english lyrics, so I don't know what career is specified)

Cipher: Includes "Mapthesoul.com" in the lyrics

Mithra Jin commented on the situation blogging “For this ‘Map the soul’ book album, KBS banned 2 of my tracks and one of Tablo’s so we have nothing to play on the radio now”.

Credits to musicae @ Soompi Radio

To tell you the truth, i think they saw it coming and if you look at the music charts, map the soul isnt that high on the chart but thats probably due to the lack of promotion for the song. :( i think this is unfair since they work hard to make this album by themselves but while for other artists, they dont really write the songs themselves and they have an label behind them to protect them.

oh well like tablo said before, this is BS

Epik High in Slowmo

ROFL. that is funny clip

Guest EminentStar

noami...

Tickets can be reserved on www.mapthesoul.com site. I just checked but its currently not ready.

ANYONE THINKING OF ATTENDING THE SF CONCERT?

My friend and I are going so if anyone wants to go....

I want to Attend the SF concert!!! I just think I might be going alone. Haha I will go to either SF or LA. Since I am inbetween. But i am waiting on the tickets!!!! I keep checking the site but nothing yet!!!! Let me know if you find anything Plz! Thanks.

Guest pinkneko

i'm going nuts over here. it feels like all the other US cities are confirmed with the venue

i neeeeeed to goooo. i hope its not like 18+ ....

Seriously i agree! I keep checking every single day for tickets and then there is none for the SF venue. Plus the SF venue is the first place they stop at, and then they start selling tickets for Seattle, their last stop first. Ay...I'm just going to have to keep on checking. T__T

yes, korea really is that conservative and strict when it comes to media, etc. epik high kind of pick fun at it in their online showcase. that's part of the reason why they pulled an event like that, so the fans could hear the songs that were banned from TV and radio live. i would think that they don't find it surprising at all anymore, haha. they know the reasons why their songs are banned, so it's not that big of an issue.

yeah, i find this a little strange too. epik high aren't even selling tickets yet, and a few sites have already sold them. i hope it's not a scam for those that have already bought the tickets though. hopefully these places are reliable. i'm sure the people waiting to buy them from the site will be guaranteed a ticket if they reserve a spot when it starts working, since MTS has yet to sell these tickets personally. i don't know about the tickets already going on sale, but the ones from MTS should definitely be secure. i guess they're waiting until it gets closer to may to release all of the info and open ticket reservations. and i'm assuming house of blues is doing the same?

edit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i just checked the thread for this concert, and some people that have ordered tickets for the seattle show on ticketswest.com have already received them.

unless the actual tickets are fake, i'm assuming it's not a scam. ;x

Hey guys.... in order to clear up some information in regards to the Los Angeles show, the show itself has been confirmed to be at the House of Blues in Hollywood. The venue is normally standing room only, meaning that generally there are no assigned seating. According to the information that I have, the tickets are "will call".

The tickets will be actually going LIVE on 10pm PST TONIGHT, at www.cgnlive.com. The links for the tickets sales are not up right now but it should go up @ 10pm.

Guest JANG.

Top Gun: Criticizes a certain career (I cannot find the english lyrics, so I don't know what career is specified)

in the showcase they talk about why this was banned, and they say that it's because they state "i'm a serial killer." then they start making fun of that and saying, "cereal killer. i love eating cereal. i like kellog's. i love fruity loops." and LOL at tukutz's comment when he says "the tiger (tony the tiger) is a cereal killer."

i agree that it's a little unfair, but i'm just thankful that their songs aren't being censored by their label anymore to begin with. even if the songs get banned on the radio and TV, at least they're songs that epik high personally wanted released. the slight restrictions that the label put on their music are gone now, so of course the new songs from their independent label aren't all gonna be radio-friendly tracks. i still hope their album sales are great though. with the way the site's been going, it seems like it has been so far. (;

Korowa - thanks for clearing that info up!

Guest dubseeXvip

nz4yfk.jpg

MAP THE SOUL TOUR 2009

EPIK HIGH with Kero One, MYK and Special Guests Far East Movement will be performing in LOS ANGELES.

Date: Saturday May 16, 2009

8430 Sunset Blvd.

West Hollywood, CA 90069

Doors open: 7:00pm

ALL AGES

Ticket sale release starting tonight at 10:00pm

www.cgnlive.com

$30

Guest dubseeXvip

do u guys think the LA ones are gonna be sold out really quick?

most likely! best check the site as soon as its 10 pm!