University Of Waterloo

Guest Subways

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest o1honey

They opened up some spots for first years this year! But alas, it turns out that I'm one of the unlucky students without a resident placement yet...I'm so stressed out now...T-T

So your part of that residence AND they didn't give you a room placement too?! =O

I'll open up my place if you need anything since we have some classes together : )

im not actually from canada....but i went to UW this june for an entire month for my final year placement in optometry....i had an AWESOME time....i <3 all your accents=D

.. what accent? D: lmao

I lovee British and Australian accents :)

Guest suki_*

HAUNTED?! *don't believe in ghost.. don't believe in ghost.. crosses fingers! xD* I noticed the mailing address for UWP is different for each "hall".. are they all separate buildings?

I'm PRAYING for Eby Hall! T_____________________________________________________________________T"

yeah they are all separate buildings. Each one has their own group mailboxes in each one of them.

Guest Georgianna

So your part of that residence AND they didn't give you a room placement too?! =O

I'll open up my place if you need anything since we have some classes together : )

*sniff* ur so sweet!<3 I don't have a residence placement at all...apparently, I got a low lottery number...so we get rooms of ppl who cancel...altho we're guaranteed a room tho...we know by early-mid August apparently? I'm hoping I'll b lucky and someone in UWP or MKV will cancel..but wat're the chances..>.<

Do you plan on attending student life 101? I was planning to...but I'm not sure I really need to go anymore since I can't take a look at my rez placement anymore...

.. what accent? D: lmao

I lovee British and Australian accents :)

I luv them too!<3 I'm still unsure what this Canadian accent is...O.o Our English sounds pretty similar to American English..unless they're from the South..

*sniff* ur so sweet!<3 I don't have a residence placement at all...apparently, I got a low lottery number...so we get rooms of ppl who cancel...altho we're guaranteed a room tho...we know by early-mid August apparently? I'm hoping I'll b lucky and someone in UWP or MKV will cancel..but wat're the chances..>.<

Do you plan on attending student life 101? I was planning to...but I'm not sure I really need to go anymore since I can't take a look at my rez placement anymore...

I luv them too!<3 I'm still unsure what this Canadian accent is...O.o Our English sounds pretty similar to American English..unless they're from the South..

you guys sound similar to the way americans speak yes...except you say your 'o's differently....like 'about'...ahaha=]

when i was in waterloo...they couldnt tell the difference between the way we spoke and how british ppl speak. the accents arent the same at all!

Guest o1honey

How can they do that =\.. what if no one cancels? =\.. so they're just gonna put you in random places? I know for UofT.. i didn't even get residence at all xD... but applied very late for residence though.

I only know ONE group of people that got into MKV.. so jealous! but w/e.. UWP's not that bad i hope >.>.. someone said there are rats?! O_o

My building is "Waterloo Court North 3rd Floor"

It really depends on my work schedule that day.. although i am going to Waterloo this friday for my USC funding contract.. which i found out that Waterloo has to fill out and not me O_______o

btw... how do you accept residence contracts?! i saw mine.. but there wasn't a button or anything to accept =\

AND... is anyone joining CCF or the Waterloo Chinese association thing? :)

Guest simpli_me

hehe i just checked my residence too!

the accept button for the contract was on the bottom of the page for me -_-

ohh and i was wondering what is the USC funding contract? >_<

Guest busagiboo

How can they do that =\.. what if no one cancels? =\.. so they're just gonna put you in random places? I know for UofT.. i didn't even get residence at all xD... but applied very late for residence though.

I only know ONE group of people that got into MKV.. so jealous! but w/e.. UWP's not that bad i hope >.>.. someone said there are rats?! O_o

My building is "Waterloo Court North 3rd Floor"

It really depends on my work schedule that day.. although i am going to Waterloo this friday for my USC funding contract.. which i found out that Waterloo has to fill out and not me O_______o

btw... how do you accept residence contracts?! i saw mine.. but there wasn't a button or anything to accept =\

AND... is anyone joining CCF or the Waterloo Chinese association thing? :)

Waterloo Court North is nice. I had friends living in two of the rooms on the 3rd floor. I like how spaced out the kitchen/lounge part is.

The rats thing... Some of my friends living in Wilmot (also UWP) got mice after they came back from the Christmas/Holiday break. But I think they got rid of them. Not too sure...

There's a ton of really nice people at UWCCF. =) You might also be seeing people from Laurier's CCF a lot this coming year! We're hoping to do some joint events with you guys. ^^

Guest o1honey

hehe i just checked my residence too!

the accept button for the contract was on the bottom of the page for me -_-

ohh and i was wondering what is the USC funding contract? >_<

University Scholarship Fund... i have no idea what the "C" stands for >.>

Guest suki_*

REV is anyone staying there? Any reviews lol?

haha second farthest res from Waterloo campus (CLV being the farthest). Meal plan is good, they have better food there than V1... rooms are all shared though. I'd suggest you get to know a bit about your roomate starting now =)

Guest foxytoe

wow.. a waterloo thread on page 1.

to stir up some random conversations. Some buddies and i went down to the underground tunnels the other day after discovering that the entrance in bio2 was unlocked. it is as the legend goes that the tunnel is a maze of pipe works that connects the entire university and many students of the past held a master-key for convinient travelling within school grounds. But school closed its doors for good after a girl was raped down there. So far, we found couple of entrances: the big yellow door across from the bookstore in south campus hall; the door labeled "mechical room" on second floor in RCH; the door below the stairs at CPH where it says "engineering tour begins here"; the door at EIT's lowers lecture floor across from the dino displays; and of course the door in bio2..the tunnels extend from CPH all the way to V1, installed with motion sensors and whatnot. But sadly, the only opened entrance is closed again.. pretty harry potter like if you ask me..

is anyone actually in school right now? finals is in 2 weeks and i still couldn't manage to find a job yet :( very depressed about my marks as well.. should probably be studying rather than bathing in soompi all night..

Guest suki_*

wow.. a waterloo thread on page 1.

to stir up some random conversations. Some buddies and i went down to the underground tunnels the other day after discovering that the entrance in bio2 was unlocked. it is as the legend goes that the tunnel is a maze of pipe works that connects the entire university and many students of the past held a master-key for convinient travelling within school grounds. But school closed its doors for good after a girl was raped down there. So far, we found couple of entrances: the big yellow door across from the bookstore in south campus hall; the door labeled "mechical room" on second floor in RCH; the door below the stairs at CPH where it says "engineering tour begins here"; the door at EIT's lowers lecture floor across from the dino displays; and of course the door in bio2..the tunnels extend from CPH all the way to V1, installed with motion sensors and whatnot. But sadly, the only opened entrance is closed again.. pretty harry potter like if you ask me..

is anyone actually in school right now? finals is in 2 weeks and i still couldn't manage to find a job yet :( very depressed about my marks as well.. should probably be studying rather than bathing in soompi all night..

yeah the whole part of the tunnels closing down is true. Because Waterloo was predominantly male populated due to engineering and architecture, they had tunnels for them to travel during the winters (good example would be DWE having more men's bathroom than women.. and MC having bigger male bathrooms than females... which is very rare nowadays everywhere else!) haha.. there is a neat tunnel from MC going to Chem building it's a really colorful one and pretty new too =) they have offices down there but it's also underground. it's not on the map but the entrance is in the first floor.

Guest o1honey

visited Waterloo today :)

I found out there's an new AFM building that's not even on the map!

It's really new inside, a lot of the facilities in the building aren't even completed yet.

I also found out that UWP is on the opposite side of the campus from the other residences... oh boy -__-"

I thought UWP was close to V1.. i guess i mistakened it as MKV.

None the less i'm pretty excited for Uni!

too bad i can't attend student 101 tomorrow (work!) sucks!

Guest overwritten

Tiffany: I'll come bother you next year (: and then we can go bother the Chows (after the long trek from UWP to REV xD)

I'm in Eby Hall, on the freakin' 11th floor (with Lucii/faithpuppy and another friend of ours). Are there elevators? Because moving via stairs would be like suicide.

Btw, how many floors are there in Eby Hall...?

Guest chashek

although the chances of anyone actually reading this in time is probably pretty slim, i just figured i'd do some random advertising for anyone who's going to student life 101 tmr (well... today):

the water boys (a male acapella group) will be performing on the stage on the bmh green at 'round 1:15-1:30ish.

(incidentally, if it's raining, we'll be in the slc)

come check us out XD

Guest Subways

Anything for $520 in the spring is hella expensive imo.

i only took UWP for the spring cuz it's my last term and it still doesn't cost $520. lol that's everything included in a one lump sum payment everything included.

Hmm yeah I didn't think about that haha. I have a full year thing so it can't be helped. 520 for each month after seeing my osap estimate i really do feel like a college student now (so poor) ;).

a waterloo thread! wow! WATER WATER WATER! ....

^Psych101 is not a bird course as one might think. my 2 cents.

It actually is... well I got Ennis which is like the best proff apparently. His lectures were great but they were at night so I ended up skipping everything after the midterm. I winged all the midterm and final by just reading the summaries in the guide book and textbook and so did most of my friends. If you actually went and read everything in the textbook then yeaaaah it was probably pretty damn hard then.

^^ is Ennis's Class hard?

i mean i'm enrolled in Macleod's

but i was wondering if i should switch to his class instead

Ennis is GREAT and EASY. My best advice for you is to take his class haha. You'll see why hes great when you compare him to your other proffs later.

Guest o1honey

Tiffany: I'll come bother you next year (: and then we can go bother the Chows (after the long trek from UWP to REV xD)

I'm in Eby Hall, on the freakin' 11th floor (with Lucii/faithpuppy and another friend of ours). Are there elevators? Because moving via stairs would be like suicide.

14 i believe? O___________________o they look new so they should have elevators. Imagine living in an 1800's res (@UofT) with NO elevators or those crappy ghetto elevators with the chain doors :P

I wanted Eby hall! =[

my place looks like a motel xD

Guest suezin

There's 12 floors in Eby Hall (and Beck Hall). Don't worry, there are elevators :) Two to be exact.

Guest faithpuppy

I told you there were 12 floors and you said there were thirteen =__= and yeah there are elevators ... we're so far up! =[

Archived