University Of Waterloo

Guest Subways

Guest o1honey

^ right at 9:00! there was Mass traffic! I bet everyone was fighting for their courses D:

sucks i have a mid-term.. or something on commencement day... i heard commencement is a liable reason to miss school...? :)

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Georgianna

I got JAP101...cept I didn't get the Wednesday tutorial..so now I'm stuck w/ Friday..T-T which wrecks up my AFM101 tutorial...so now I have a 9:30 accounting tutorial...

I hate my schedule...

Monday:

• 10:30-11:20 AFM101
  • 11:30-12:50 AFM131
  • 7:00-9:50 ECON101

Tuesday:

• 6:30-9:20 PSYCH101

Wednesday:

• 1:30-2:20 JAP101R

Thursday: no classes

Friday:

• 9:30-10:20 AFM101 Tutorial
  • 12:00-1:50 JAP101R Tutorial

I don't really want my Thursday free to be honest...I'm waiting for Eva Lau's ECON101 to open up some space...anyone have comments? Will this type of a schedule be troublesome? I just really don't want any classes early classes...

Guest o1honey

I got JAP101...cept I didn't get the Wednesday tutorial..so now I'm stuck w/ Friday..T-T which wrecks up my AFM101 tutorial...so now I have a 9:30 accounting tutorial...

I hate my schedule...

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Friday:

I don't really want my Thursday free to be honest...I'm waiting for Eva Lau's ECON101 to open up some space...anyone have comments? Will this type of a schedule be troublesome? I just really don't want any classes early classes...

I have JAP101R.. and AFM131 with you i believe :)

I'm not sure when my tutorial for japanese is.. it might be the same as yours.. it was the latest time possible >.>

I have class at 8:30 everyday O___o... ohhh boyyy....

Guest Georgianna

^ You have my JAP101R Tutorial then! I would've taken the earlier one...except I'd have to change my AFM101 to earlier...But wow...you have class at 8:30 every morning?! I wouldn't be able to do it...I can't even make it to my 8:50 high school classes on time as is...

Guest iangel

guuuyss!!!! I need housing for Sept!!

Man I had a contract for the new apartment on Lester, but soo expensive.... darn, now im looking again D:

I'm hoping Korean102 will work out with my schedule... gah, i doubt it... so geeh!

Guest mike321

a waterloo thread! wow! WATER WATER WATER! ....

^Psych101 is not a bird course as one might think. my 2 cents.

Guest Takarachan

Ah..will Quest notify us if we picked a course that's already full?! >.<

I had to switch my electives to more fitting ones.

I regret not looking at the recommendations while I was choosing.

Edit: Nevermind, I got into the Math class I wanted. xD It wasn't full anymore when I checked this morning.

Aw, everyone is taking like Japanese & Korean. >_< -Jealous-

Guest simpli_me

Georgianna

i have psych with you i believe hehe aww you have the AFM 131 time that i wanted

i got the 1-2:20 one T-T

your schedule seems so squished

but you finish earlier than me lol

my schedule is more spaced out

Guest faithpuppy

The japanese and korean courses were full within half an hour O_O I got into China 120R though. Anybody taking it too?

Guest suki_*

a waterloo thread! wow! WATER WATER WATER! ....

^Psych101 is not a bird course as one might think. my 2 cents.

I agree.... PSYCH101 is NOT a bird course... you will get a textbook and you will have to read ALL of it for the exam and midterm. Especially if you have Professor Ennis.

Any froshies attending Student life 101 July 25th?

I'll be at the Residence Tent working =)

Guest simpli_me

^^ is Ennis's Class hard?

i mean i'm enrolled in Macleod's

but i was wondering if i should switch to his class instead

Guest o1honey

^ You have my JAP101R Tutorial then! I would've taken the earlier one...except I'd have to change my AFM101 to earlier...But wow...you have class at 8:30 every morning?! I wouldn't be able to do it...I can't even make it to my 8:50 high school classes on time as is...

lmao... ACTUALLY...my highschool starts at 8:05.. and i manage to make it on time.. everyday.. so i'm good :)

I got the Residence package todayyy... apparently people say that Waterloo already hints which res your staying in.. because you'll have one pamphlet (don't know how to spell it T_T)... that outlines a certain residence.

In this case.. I got UWP! :)

i hope i don't get beck hall -___-".. i want 3 single rooms! not 1 single 1 bunk T"T

Guest simpli_me

^^ man i haven't received any mail at all from waterloo

did anyone get the Accounting orientation one?

Guest Georgianna

@simpli me: You have the same psych class as me? That's such a relief...cuz apparently Macleod's class is the AFM class...ok..nvm, I read the other posts and you're in Macleod's class..the thought of 8:30 morning classes scare me...I hope professor Ennis isn't too hard...AFM131 was the only class that I got in the timeslot I wanted..all the other classes I had to swap to get my timeslots..I thot that I wouldn't get japanese tho...cuz wen I clicked at 9:00, the tutorial time slot for Wednesday was full so I didnt get the class rite away...quest was so slooooooooooooow!

@01honey: wow..ur HS starts at 8:05!??!?! i dont wake up till 8:30..haha!>.< ur so lucky to hav gotten UWP...my friend wanted suite and signed up as a group and apparently he got REV instead..and that was like his 7th choice or something...I'm crossing my fingers for either MKV or UWP still!

I haven't gotten any mail except for the accounting orientation one...which came a day or two ago...I really want my residence package...T-T

Guest Hitoro

hey guy i'm also in waterloo. physc 101 is not easy. but if you like readings. i've taken china 101 and korea 101. china 101 is an easy 90% if you are asian. they are hard to get into. I HAVE THE ECON 101 TEXT BOOK IF ANYONE WANTS TO BUY IT!!! EVA LAU IS REALLY FUNNY! actually she came into my work place one day. it was ironic cause i had my econ text book out at work trying to study. gave some obvious clues!!

Guest suki_*

^^ is Ennis's Class hard?

i mean i'm enrolled in Macleod's

but i was wondering if i should switch to his class instead

yeah Ennis is a TOUGH one!!!

his course outline is Mark for Mark... u lose a mark you lose 1% in your final mark... but PSYCH101'ers are lucky... they get to go to attend 4-6 Psych Studies to earn up to 6% bonus marks... hehe good luck!

I had Ennis for all my Psych classes (he's the only one teaching during the terms i needed psych courses).... but he's really tough... if you fail, you will fail, no mercy. You will get a free mark after every midterm and exam his last question is always "what class is this" ---> answer is "all of the above"... he points to it too.. haha

Tips on how to tackle ENNIS101

What you NEED to do:

Ennis is a great lecturer.. if you go to his classes and take good lecture notes, you will be fine and if you read the textbook like he says you will do well... but if you skip his classes and just read the textbook you will FAIL. His lectures are totally different from his textbook and you NEED to know both. So.. don't skip his lectures no matter what you do. People who take good notes will pass his course.

What you should NOT do:

Take away his cup of Tim Horton's... he needs his coffee, it keeps him in a good mood for lectures. haha

lmao... ACTUALLY...my highschool starts at 8:05.. and i manage to make it on time.. everyday.. so i'm good :)

I got the Residence package todayyy... apparently people say that Waterloo already hints which res your staying in.. because you'll have one pamphlet (don't know how to spell it T_T)... that outlines a certain residence.

In this case.. I got UWP! :)

i hope i don't get beck hall -___-".. i want 3 single rooms! not 1 single 1 bunk T"T

I think you should know what residence you would have gotten by now...

i spent the whole freakin day preparing UWP, REV, and Village 1 Residence Packages... haha so i put ur whole folder together plus 4000 other students... that was a long day -_______-;;

anywho see you all at student life 101 dayyy!!!

p.s.

Beck Hall is haunted. :)

Guest overwritten

I'll play with you but I suuuuuuuuck.

Are you first year? Because you probably won't need me to play with you at waterloo its like a freaking religion there. Theres a badminton club for casual play but it gets full FAST so if you plan to join it be prompt in sept

Yeah, I'm first year. I heard the club has like 300+ people in it xD

I hate my schedule...

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Friday:

same AFM 101 TUT (:

Guest Georgianna

yeah Ennis is a TOUGH one!!!

his course outline is Mark for Mark... u lose a mark you lose 1% in your final mark... but PSYCH101'ers are lucky... they get to go to attend 4-6 Psych Studies to earn up to 6% bonus marks... hehe good luck!

I had Ennis for all my Psych classes (he's the only one teaching during the terms i needed psych courses).... but he's really tough... if you fail, you will fail, no mercy. You will get a free mark after every midterm and exam his last question is always "what class is this" ---> answer is "all of the above"... he points to it too.. haha

Tips on how to tackle ENNIS101

What you NEED to do:

Ennis is a great lecturer.. if you go to his classes and take good lecture notes, you will be fine and if you read the textbook like he says you will do well... but if you skip his classes and just read the textbook you will FAIL. His lectures are totally different from his textbook and you NEED to know both. So.. don't skip his lectures no matter what you do. People who take good notes will pass his course.

What you should NOT do:

Take away his cup of Tim Horton's... he needs his coffee, it keeps him in a good mood for lectures. haha

i spent the whole freakin day preparing UWP, REV, and Village 1 Residence Packages... haha so i put ur whole folder together plus 4000 other students... that was a long day -_______-;;

p.s.

Wow...must double think whether to switch into Macleod's instead now...T-T

I just received my rez package today...but I didn't get a residence pamphlet...does this mean I got into the CLV residence? T-T It's so far away from campus...im doooooomed...

Guest o1honey

p.s.

HAUNTED?! *don't believe in ghost.. don't believe in ghost.. crosses fingers! xD* I noticed the mailing address for UWP is different for each "hall".. are they all separate buildings?

I'm PRAYING for Eby Hall! T_____________________________________________________________________T"

Wow...must double think whether to switch into Macleod's instead now...T-T

I just received my rez package today...but I didn't get a residence pamphlet...does this mean I got into the CLV residence? T-T It's so far away from campus...im doooooomed...

How did you end up with that residence?! I think my friend lived there for first year.. it was the res opposite from the families and single mothers one? idk! >.>

But he said his res was for rich people... damn him -_____-"

Guest Georgianna

How did you end up with that residence?! I think my friend lived there for first year.. it was the res opposite from the families and single mothers one? idk! >.>

But he said his res was for rich people... damn him -_____-"

They opened up some spots for first years this year! But alas, it turns out that I'm one of the unlucky students without a resident placement yet...I'm so stressed out now...T-T

Archived