University Of Waterloo

Guest Subways

Guest simpli_me

omg back in first year i never wanted double room cause my friend had roomate issues and they fought a lot plus rev is all parties lol

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest southbeach82

my two good friends and i got UWP Eby Hall (our first choice) but i heard uwp is quite distanted from the main campus...

Guest kaydeex

my two good friends and i got UWP Eby Hall (our first choice) but i heard uwp is quite distanted from the main campus...

o.o People say that just because it's across the street... but it's actually closer to a lot of the buildings, especially the engineering ones. It's just at the opposite side of campus compared to where the other main residences are.

Guest eightdoubleone

i screwed myself over with my schedule...omgggggggg

Lol how?

and I finally got Korean...wooohooo no more french for me.

and UWP isn't that distant at all from the campus. Its actually best for me since most of my classes are near UWP.

Lol how?

and I finally got Korean...wooohooo no more french for me.

and UWP isn't that distant at all from the campus. Its actually best for me since most of my classes are near UWP.

You got korean? How? TT_____TT

Guest southbeach82

o.o People say that just because it's across the street... but it's actually closer to a lot of the buildings, especially the engineering ones. It's just at the opposite side of campus compared to where the other main residences are.

oh really? i'm in AFM, do you know if it is far from the AFM building?

Guest eightdoubleone

You got korean? How? TT_____TT

OMG HOW WHATT!

I literally checked EVERY SINGLE DAY on the Undergraduate Class Schedule for Korean lol.

On Tuesday night I happened to check after not checking for like two days and noticed

there was a free spot for the Wednesday night classes haha. SO HAPPY <3

I was on the waiting list but the list seems kinda useless O_O. OH. If you guys are still insistent on

getting Korean, you should place yourself on the waiting list then go on the first day of any of the

two Korean classes and if someone doesn't show up, you get the spot. I e-mailed Prof Kim if he'd be willing

to grant me a class override but he just told me to show up. Supposedly, according to the Ask your Upper years

thread in the AFM group on FB, he does this every time and that's what happens =/.

oh really? i'm in AFM, do you know if it is far from the AFM building?

Depends on where your classes are (since I don't know where your one elective is) but to be honest, aside from

your elective, UWP is the closest to most AFM classes out of all the UW residences XD.

Guest moonyah

i emaii emailed prof. kim before but he didn't reply me

did he reply you?~ and is he done vacation?

can you give me his correct email address please?><"

Guest aznpersuazn

UWP is actually quite nice, if you want peace and, your own room, and the ability to cook :)

I was in Wilmot Court South last year and it was quite convenient, as it was right across from Engineering.

Though, if you're looking for fun (parties and whatnot), I suggest you make friends with kids in the other residences and ask around when you have free time or on Friday/Saturday nights :P

Guest eightdoubleone

what the heck :S

i tried getting into korean last time when i saw one spot open

but it wouldn't let me

wow:S

Did it say that you don't meet the reserve or something? Because then the spots for first years at the time was probably full.

BY THE WAY. THERE'S A SPOT FREE RGHT NOW LOL. For thursdays :) check here and :D http://www.adm.uwaterloo.ca/infocour/CIR/SA/under.html

I hope you see this before its full T_T. But if not, his e-mail was ygkim@chass.utoronto.ca

Did you send the e-mail to the same address? :S I don't know when his holiday was ><

He took awhile to reply though. I think a good week and more.

ALSo. I don't know if it matters but I sent the e-mail with my UW email just so he doesn't think I'm just some random bot spamming his e-mail D:.

Guest P0TAT0

I think you have to pre-enrol to get into the Korean courses cause they fill up super fast and Arts students get precedence over other faculties.

P.S. I think we know each other... ;)

Guest Mao246

Hey. Heading to waterloo as first year as well.. Srry if this isn't th espot to put it but is anyone selling atlst 3.1 cu. ft mini fridge? Kinda in a need for one so if you were thinking of getting rid of yours, lemme know =)

BTW I'll be in AFM. Any AFM'ers attending AFM Orientation..? Lemme know, i'm considering it right now.. though still not definitly sure if i should go or not.

Guest Georgianna

Anyone going to be in Arts orientation? I'm gonna b a team leader for orange!<3 Hope to see all you guys out there!^^

Guest moonyah

i enrolled into japanese yesterday. how is the course? there's a free spot for korean !! but it won't let me enroll into it saying it's reserved but i'm on the waiting list..this is so frustrating :(.

Guest eightdoubleone

Anyone going to be in Arts orientation? I'm gonna b a team leader for orange!<3 Hope to see all you guys out there!^^

Lol I'm in orange XD

i enrolled into japanese yesterday. how is the course? there's a free spot for korean !! but it won't let me enroll into it saying it's reserved but i'm on the waiting list..this is so frustrating :(.

I honestly have no idea what the waiting list really does. Could anyone give a clue? =/ Because its not like the moment a spot opens, you get it or anything D:. and yeah....chances are its because the reserve for first years is full for that class lol. It happened with Korean for me before =_=. Was so frustrated as well....

Guest Georgianna

@babycee: I took japanese in first term, you learn the numbers, basic grammar, days of the week, etc. Personally, I didn't do well in the course because I had a hard time understanding japanese grammar..>.<

Lol I'm in orange XD

I honestly have no idea what the waiting list really does. Could anyone give a clue? =/ Because its not like the moment a spot opens, you get it or anything D:. and yeah....chances are its because the reserve for first years is full for that class lol. It happened with Korean for me before =_=. Was so frustrated as well....

Oooh! I'll look forward to meeting you there!^^ I've never used waiting lists before but yes, the first years slots are already full for that class, there're open spots for second years though. You can ask the prof for an override though I believe. Are you guys using Quest to check whether there are slots open? Not sure if you guys know but you can also use Schedule of Classes http://www.adm.uwaterloo.ca/infocour/CIR/SA/under.html , I find it easier to navigate through that than Quest.

Archived