Do You Answer The Door When You're Home Alone?

Guest meiming8

Guest Naked-Fanatic

I answer the door. I'm not afraid because I lived by myself for a long time when I studied in the States.

I have a friend who used to live by himself. He used to leave his door open when he was inside. I asked him why and he replied, "who would dare burglarize my home while I'm inside?" He is a big athletic fellow so I guess he trusted that his size alone would intimidate any intruders. There were good security guys in the lobby too.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest STEPHOO--

I would always check who's at the door, but would only open it if I knew the person. Too scared to open otherwise ...lol, and partially because I cannot be bothered if they look like they're going to offer me some product or service or make me read some bible passage...

Guest 1HeartJaEjoong

lol even with my mum in the house, no one opens the door to strangers... instead my mum turns off all the lights even when they clearly know someones inside.. since there's a car parked there -_- lol   :D

Omg I was in the same situation too (to the OP). Instead of crouching I was hiding behind the stairs when a man knocked on the door. Clearly, he saw me hiding and I'm glad he left.

Yeah, I would never answer the door when I'm alone, unless if it's your parents/brother knocking crazily.

Since we're on the same topic, my mom once opened the door for two young lads who were trying to raise money for the hospital. Not knowing how to reject them nicely, my mom used a tactic where she would pretend to be sick. It was hilarious because the two guys nearly jumped five feet away from the door. And yeah, they never came back.

Guest brinyblue

Unless I'm expecting a package or I know someone's going to pay me a visit... then nooooo. DX 

If someone unknown rings the bell, I walk like a ninja, peep through the hole and then crawl on all fours, while scuttling back to my room, because I'm a moron and in times of crisis I believe they can hear me. D":

Guest strawhearts91

i don't. cos no one really comes to my place unexpectedly. usually ppl will call me up first to inform me that they're coming over.

Guest Leopoldine

My mother always taught me to never open the door to strangers. tongue2.gif

So unless it's family, friends or the postman (sometimes I don't even open to him) I don't.

Better safe than sorry.

Guest leeseohae

Honestly, no, I don't. I easily get paranoid. Those are one of the things I hate about myself. There was this one time when I stayed at my cousin's house. She just went out for a while to buy something and left me all alone. Her parents were out of town that day too. Unfortunately, some of their workers came for reasons which I don't know of. They ringed the doorbell, and at first, I actually didn't hear it since I was with my headphones on. The second time and the third time were quite louder with a hint of impatience. That was when I panicked and didn't know what to do. One guy kept on yelling if there was anybody home when obviously they saw me since I was in the living room. He kept on yelling and the other guy kept on pressing the doorbell. I guess they were pretty annoyed with me already. After how many yells and ring, I finally opened the door and told them the owner wasn't home. The others kept on snickering and murmuring incoherent words while the guy who was yelling told me these exact words: 'You could've said that years ago when we were obviously outside. Were you deaf or something?' God, I was so embarrassed, I actually slammed the door and hid behind their couch. Now, I have a phobia of being all alone in a house. :tears:

Guest Wingedbunny

Yeah i always do. People only ring the doorbell during the day and we have a shared front hall so i can open the door to peer into the hallway to see who is standing outside before letting them in. Anyway it's usually the neighbors who want to tell us about impending work they are doing on their house because of the noise.

My parents also order a lot online so i have to answer since it could be the postman.

Guest hikari_neko11

No one usually comes to my house so I won't answer it unless I'm expecting someone. I always avoid answering the door because those johobo the witness people always come trying to convince my family to convert to christianity -_- I have no problem with other religions or anything, but don't try to force your religion on someone if they've told you countless times that they aren't really interested.

haha the second one kind of reminds me of my experience with my friends too!

We were at my living room chatting (my family is out btw) when a group of people suddenly knocked on our door and I was like 'WTH! Who are those people?!?' and because it's already evening, I didn't have the chance to see who they were. I told my friends to hide very quietly but fast then they all followed me behind the door! The place is too small for the FIVE of us and we were all laughing at what we had done and left - the lights are on, we left the tv on as well as the fan. I'm pretty sure they saw us. Then after like...30mins of hiding, they eventually left. After that we called our group Spice (Spy's) and the people are the terrorists xD

But other than that,if it's in the morning, I hide, check who is it and when I don't know who they are, I go upstairs and watch tv.

Guest theotherwoman

Depends who shows up at the door....

mailman i do not mind

but the sales person or the church people, etc... i never opened the door...

Our living room is upstairs and the front door is by the stair landing so if I'm ever home alone and someone knocks on the door, I just open the window and look out. If they're sales people or missionaries I just tell them that I'm not interested and if they don't get it the first time and keep talking, I just close the window. Yes it's rude but hey they were rude for continuing even though I told them I wasn't interested.

Guest Aquila_123

No not unless my parents tell me to be on the look out for something,someone,etc

Other wise, come back another time....lmbo!

Guest rachelsaur

No. I never answer the door when I'm home alone - I mean, there are creeps out there.

I just turn down the volume and then pretend that no one is home. He or she usually goes away in a minute or so. Sometimes, I have impatient people who are constantly ringing the doorbell no matter what so I crawl to the door and peek through the window to see who it is. It doesn't really make a difference since I never answer the door unless my older brother or parents are him with me. ^^

Guest Zom.B

LOL Not unless I know them.

I don't even open the door for the UPS guy.

it's creepy. I had this dream when I was little that when I did that they kidnapped me -.-

I always go ninja but shutting down the TV, speakers, and run toward the window to watch them walk away.

Archived