Introducing Our New Staff Drama (& Film) Writer!

*clap clap clap*
was it 4 years ago? maybe 5? i somehow ran across this young man's writing (probably on SOOMPI), and i wanted to steal him away from the website he was writing for at the time. fast forward to today, and I WIN! MisterX is finally taking over our dead DRAMA section on the main site, and helping with movie reviews as well. i should just let him introduce himself...

=======

Hello Soompiers!

As you've probably seen by yourself over the last many months, the drama section of the main site has fallen a little by the wayside, so after talking with Her Majesty soomp, we agreed to spice it up in the coming months, in time for Soompi's hugh jass renewal. Which is, well, the reason I'm here.

Some of you might know me for my stint over at Twitchfilm.net, covering K-drama and films. Some others for my writing in Korean (Mediamob, Dramatique and whatnot), and sageuk fans might have probably directed a few dozen swearing sessions at me for the ridiculously airy subtitles I create for WithS2. Many will likely not know me, in which case... name is X. MisterX.

Sooo.... What are you going to get in the coming months, as I accustom my rivers of delirant prose to the post-renewal interface? Reviews of all the major dramas on air in Korea at the moment (depending on the show, it could be every 2, 4 or 6 episodes), assorted previews, a weekly film review, and a new segment called "Back in the Day" in which we will... guess what, go back in the day, but you'll see soon enough what I'm talking about (let's just say

that students of the industry and lovers of older Korean films and dramas will likely enjoy this). Readers from my Twitch days might also remember the K-film Databank and K-Drama Hub, two features which will make their return here on Soompi, albeit in a slightly different format (because the rest of the staff is already bringing you the news), more or less the same on the data aspect of things, but filled with grumpy editorial-type prattling from yours truly instead of simple news reporting. Like you didn't expect that.

We're just getting started, so there will be a transitional period filled with trials & errors, but this, essentially, is the skinny. So abandon all hopes ye who enter, eternal grumpiness is now upon you. And, what the hell, it might even be about Korean dramas, every once in a blue moon...

-x

======

Here's a list of his first 3 reviews!

spacer.gif

[K-DRAMA REVIEWS] 남자 이야기 (The Slingshot) Ep. 9~14

http://soompi.com/kdrama_reviews_%EB%82%A8...lingshot_ep_914

[K-DRAMA REVIEWS] 2009 외인구단 (Strike Love) Ep. 1~6

http://soompi.com/kdrama_reviews_2009_%EC%...rike_love_ep_16

[K-DRAMA REVIEWS] 찬란한 유산 (Brilliant Legacy) Ep. 5~8

http://soompi.com/kdrama_reviews_%EC%B0%AC...nt_legacy_ep_58

nice to see Mister X writing for Soompi! Cool! I have been reading his blog and his writings on Twitch and I'm looking forward to the articles that he will write about K-dramas and movies, especially the back in the day segment ^^

Guest kdramafanusa

Thanks for the wonderful news.

I've always enjoyed reading MisterX's writeups at Twitch, I'm looking forward to the upcoming months. :)

I caught the review of "Brilliant Legacy 찬란한 유산" on the front page earlier today, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. :)

Guest majata

A whole lot of us read drama and movie reviews to know which drama/movie to watch. And Mr. X comments and insights are much appreciated. So it's not a waste of time but rather a sharing of his awesome talent.

Guest ripgal

WOOOT... finally!

I always have a blast reading your reviews...

Can't wait for your next review..^^

Guest hjkomo

Congratulations!

Eagerly anticipating the latest from the World of Grumpiness! :D*toasting you with a glass of Ch.M.*

Guest sayroo

Whoa! X! Congrats!

This is going to be exciting..

Move away crappy writing! :)

His Majesty, X is here! @_@

Just read your review for BL & Strike Love..

Fell off my chair again. :)

Guest dramaok

hahaha soomp! you're awesome you scored! you go woman!!!!

환영해요 X!! please love us and teach us good english.

but 짜증부리면 주름 생긴데요 ㅠㅠ

ㅎㅎ 농담 ~ ~

잘부탁드려요 *^^*

Archived