少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread 2

Guest zahieyjunki

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Talesy I don't really think they should stick to one and only concept.The fact that we sones love them is because they can pull off many many different concepts.Furthermore i don't think going to cute concept is considered backtracking and there is only that many concepts.So we can't really avoid reusing certain concepts.

Lets wait until tomorrow before we discuss about the MV~But for now,that mv wasn't as good as we expected.

I remember bossa tweeted that the story version was epic so i guess it wasn't this iphone vers.

@letscube, love your yoongie avatar. mind telling when and what event/program it's from? thanx.

have not watch rdr story ver yet but from comments that i've read it's kinda dissappointing. so it's really sad. sme seem to want to cash in as much as possible and not thinking abt quality. that's bad business, don't they know it? but will love the girls no matter!!! snsd ftw!!!

Guest zane87

I dunno if it's like lot of ppl's saying that this is a leaked version, but according the the news articles published it's reported that the 1 that's available through the Iphone app. is wat to be revealed online tomorrow, so before any1 else getting hyped about "another version" of the story MV, I'd jus give a heads up here....

The MV isn't really that bad, it's jus that a lot of ppl were expecting something very different from the dance ver....

bout back to cute concept

SM should stop with that concept =/

more mature from now on ppl will get used to it somehow

but if go back to cute gosh really ?!?! not that i dont like their cute songs

but more mature songs & style would be great and give them songs that show their vocals too

SM wants to play safe and keep making snsd cute sigh

bout the mv not the way i expected

but what to say SM probably thinking snsd no need fancy Mv the fans will like it anyway hahaha

Guest nightmare.

The RDR MV has got nice editing. But if that what's SM means by the story MV, i don't think it's great enough to be a story MV

I hope it's true that there will be another MV release tomorrow

If this mv is a start to turn back to cute concept, i think it's a :/ plan

I hope after this SNSD will show us the mature side of them to us

( MOD )

Just to clarify some things here...

01. This is a SNSD thread. If you have problems of "too much of one member," you are welcome to post more of other members. Nobody said you couldn't top the page with plenty of Sooyoung or Sunny goodness.

02. Complaints about "too many posts of one member" does not equal to bashing.

03. Soompi is open to guest viewing, so you don't need an account to view a thread in the K-Music section.

04. The best KO attack to a troll is ignoring them (e.g. do not quote their posts).

(But with that said, I'm going to leave that member alone for now. Other mods might decide differently, however.)

Guest kaikaine

:lol:

SNSD stil young... so is alright for them to go back to cute concept...

not mean that i dun like their mature concept...

coz they r stil young now...so they stil can do cutesy stuff for now...

when they get elder... they cant do it anymore... so during tat time they can really start off their mature concept...

they stil got alot of room for improvement... SME is good in business and promoting...

so just anticipate their coming concept... :lol:

Guest 09Superb

Oh, if today's story mv was the official for the upcoming one tomorrow, I must say there's a huge sign of the video having been made in a rush, it's not very well-made by SM. Then again, we know the girls have a tight schedule, so kudos to them for even making another mv. Love you :D

About their concept: I am not saying they should stick to them (in fact it's entertaining and interesting to try out new styles), but I do prefer them in cute or mature concepts. I wouldn't say RDR is mature, but sort of sexy. I really adored the matureness of Genie :) good times, although all soshi times are great ~

Guest Talesy

I have no problem with the cute concept and I've been a fan of SNSD for their cute songs. I love every kind of concept, I just don't like the way SM does it.

I dislike the fact that they do mature stuff to GO BACK to cute concepts again. It's like they are supposed to grow up but they just end up with their debut concept everytime. It's been 3 years now. I love the mature SNSD from what we've seen so far and 'Genie' is probably their best song. If SM wants SNSD to be cute, I'm totally fine with it ! They sould just let them be cute for a while and let them mature slowly BUT for good. I don't know, I feel like I don't really know SNSD's identity anymore, they go back from an extreme concept to another. Super-cute to super-sexy/mature. It's hard to follow even as a huge fan. What kind of concept are they going for for their next album ? The end of the Story MV makes me think they'll be cute again, and it's like they follow the same pattern : Cute (Gee) / Mature (Genie) / Cute (Oh!) / Mature (Run Devil Run) / Cute ?. Maybe I'm thinking too much, but I wish they had a stable growth in their music.

'Genie' was a huge contrast from their previous stuff and they just went back to something softer, and it seems SM is afraid to fail if they take risks with SNSD's image.

Guest mooness

( MOD )

Mods are always so hardcore and awesome, were would we be without them =D

Anyway, as much as I want the story version not to be the iphone video, it's quite likely that it is since it's suppose to be a continuation of the oh! mv ,and there's isn't much to add aside from the black soshi getting defeated after trashing the room.

A bit disappointing, since the marketing guys made it out to be such a big deal (or maybe it was just the fans hyping themselves up, I don't know) and we've already seen screenshots of the cheerleaders winning a few weeks back. Hope they really make a MV in the future with an actual story (progression, characters etc.) example Wedding Dress by Taeyang, even if it isn't for RDR

Guest Procrastinatoress

I wouldn't mind that much if SNSD went back to a cute concept. Well, not cute like Oh or Kissing You, but like, that naturally bright and energetic kind of feel that's just naturally snsd. XD

Kinda like a cross between ITNW, Gee and a touch of the maturity and chicness that Genie had lol.

I think that's SNSD's most natural look...

I really think the concept that SoShi looked the most comfortable in was Gee. They totally made it their own, and they looked so comfortable and natural. ^^

But any concept if fine actually. I'm open to anything new they might wanna try. And I've pretty much enjoyed everything they've given us so far.

They'll always be a 'cute' group in my eyes though lol.

Guest random_luv

See I took the ending a different way. The fact that Dark Soshi went away and Oh! SNSD went to clean things up, but as soon as Yuri turned the computer back on back was Dark Soshi proving that they can't be gotten rid of that easily.

Who knows? SM might do this thing again for a different album where like Cute SNSD will try to "comeback" but Dark Soshi won't let them or something changes Cute SNSD into a physical and not computer version of Dark Soshi.

My thing is that RDR has been a lot more successful than SM thought it was going to be, just like with Oh! Not to mention how many MORE female fans SNSD has gained because of it. SM would be dumb to not continue with concepts/songs like RDR.

technically if the extra scenes were a bit longer and the confrontation was slightly bigger, it would've been a typically styled SM music video.

Guest baby_bo

KMA Song of the Year goes to - SNSD's Gee!!!

KMA Netizen's Pick: Group Musician of the Year goes to SNSD!!!

from bossa747's twitter!

CONGRATS to our girls :) sad though that not all of them are there to receive the award..

Guest ningmeng

KMA Netizen's Pick: Group Musician of the Year goes to SNSD!!!

KMA Song of the Year goes to - SNSD's Gee!!!

credits to bossa747@twitter

right now, i would love to hear what excuses people are going to come up with this time.

"OMGZXZXZ. KMA IS TOTALLY NOT LEGIT!!!"

Guest zahieyjunki

idk if KMA over or not seems only Daum is streaming the awards show. and only BEG & SNSD from idol group that won few awards today!

Congrats to soshi! Another Daesang <3

from bossa tweet :

Tiffany, Yoona, and Seohyun are on the stage receiving the trophee!!!

Jessica now is at heechul radio show, and soon myb she will receive phone calls from members.

Guest RaYdeMoN

like everyone said

wish 2morrow it will be another mv

a little bit disappointed about this story line

>W<

but this one is not that bad

look forward to real one

Guest silis7noy2

The story version MV released today is the official one. :)

KMA Song of the Year is just as prestigious as other Daesang Awards so it's a happy day, especially since Korean fans had zero expectation to win this award and it's the first time an idol group won a top KMA trophy. The judges are composed of music critics and kpop insiders. I don't think they mean Gee was the 2009's best song musically but it's another sign of Gee's influence in kpop history being recognized by the industy. I noticed this sentiment(Gee as a song representing an era in kpop) was building up in discussions on Korean sites in the last few months. Congratulations SNSD~

Archived