MTV's The Hills

tracycutie

Laguna Beach spin-off
hills01.jpg

MTV's "The Hills" - a spin-off of the highschool reality show "Laguna Beach" premiers this wednesday. At the moment MTV is running a series of previews on their site.

It's one thing to be young and beautiful in Laguna Beach. It's another to be young and beautiful in the city that values it most. The Hills follows Lauren ("LC" from Laguna Beach) as she makes the move from her O.C. digs to Los Angeles, where she will chase her dreams of entering the fashion business while balancing a full course load at college and a full social calendar. Through Lauren we meet her new roommate who aspires to make the LA nightlife her whole life, the sorority girl who aspires to work in fashion and a receptionist who wants to be a model/actress. These four girls take full advantage of being in the "in" crowd of LA, hopping from club, to party, to hot restaurant as they live the Hollywood lifestyle. But will Lauren be able to handle it all when there are so many things pulling her in so many directions?

188x110.jpgLauren

The former Laguna Beach queen is ready to give up the safety and comfort of home to venture out into the world. She's tried to leave before, but always ended up right back in the O.C. Now she's determined to make it work in Los Angeles, where she'll be free from the stifling cliques of Laguna Beach, her parents, and boyfriends (for now...). Lauren has her own apartment with her best friend, Heidi, she's taking courses at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising and she landed her dream internship at Teen Vogue. Can she prove herself in the fast-paced publishing world, handle the pressures of school, and adjust to the social whirlwind that is Los Angeles, or will she once again pack it in for Laguna Beach?

188x110.jpgHeidi

Heidi is Lauren's new roommate in Los Angeles. They met in San Francisco when Lauren attended art school, where Heidi was also enrolled at the time. Heidi is now enrolled in fashion school with Lauren in Los Angeles, but a chance encounter with Hollywood's biggest party promoter gives her the opportunity to work the nightlife scene. She must decide whether she will stay in and study or get paid to go out every night. While Lauren is focused on working hard to achieve her long-term goals, Heidi wants it all and she wants it now. They may live in the same apartment, but they're about to find they are on very different paths.

188x110.jpgAudrina

Audrina is Lauren and Heidi's neighbor and their first new friend in L.A. She currently works as a receptionist at a trendy photo studio but dreams of becoming a "mactress" (model/actress). Audrina is also a bonafide Hollywood "power dater," maintaining an ambitious social calendar with an ever-revolving cast of men. Heidi has made it her mission to help Audrina meet a great guy, but in a town where everyone is out for themselves, how many guys will Audrina have to date before she meets Mr. Right?

188x110.jpgWhitney

This sorority sister also dreams of hitting it big in fashion, and now she's interning alongside Lauren at Teen Vogue. Whitney's an LA native and determined to climb her way to the top of this business. Whitney is always there to lend an ear when Lauren brings her troubles to work, and she's the only person Lauren can rely on in the chaotic new world at Teen Vogue.

188x110.jpgJordan

Jordan is Heidi's boyfriend and lives with his best friend, Brian, when he's not sleeping at Heidi's. He is a long way from North Carolina, where he grew up, and still trying to find a focus in Los Angeles...a focus other than Heidi, that is. Jordan moved to Hollywood with dreams of making it big as an actor/model/musician, but so far he's gotten into more nightclubs than auditions.

188x110.jpgBrian

Brian drove cross-country with Jordan to pursue his Hollywood dreams. Jordan and Brian found an apartment together, but while Jordan has been focusing on Heidi, Brian has been focusing on his career. Brian's determination has been paying off -- from small movie roles, to standup appearances, to modeling gigs, Brian gets closer to his goal every day. Brian's other goal is to remain single, but with matchmaker Heidi always looking to hook him up, can he stay single for long?

SEASON 3 UPDATE:

groupnf3.jpg

The girls of The Hills are back for another season, but this time it's a whole different story. Whitney has graduated college and is dealing with the stress of her first real job and the drama of being newly single. Audrina is trying to handle her first real boyfriend ever but hitting the town every night with her single roommate Lauren won't make it easy. Heidi's trying to play house with Spencer and deal with the separation from her best friend Lauren, but when Spencer wants to take their relationship to the next level, who can Heidi turn to for advice? Lauren's had enough of being single and is looking for Mr. Right, but with new responsibilities at Teen Vogue, a new roommate, and a boyfriend from her past back in her life, how will she ever find him? Lauren and Heidi haven't spoken at all since Heidi moved in with Spencer. Is Hollywood big enough for one group of close friends who have been torn in two? And when this feud comes to a head, how will Lauren hold it all together?

roof_281x211.jpgLauren

Lauren has more to deal with this year than ever. She faces new pressures at work as she and Whitney prepare for their biggest challenge at Teen Vogue yet. She also has a new roommate and a new wing woman in Audrina, and the two of them are...

281x211.jpgAudrina

This season, Audrina moves in with Lauren and into Heidi's old bedroom, but before they can partner up to hit the Hollywood scene, Audrina falls for a guy she thinks could be "the one." Even though she's working to make the transition from serial...

bar_281x211.jpgWhitney

Whitney's life has changed the most: she's graduating from college, and she's been promoted from Teen Vogue intern to Teen Vogue employee. She's faced with the pressure of a new job, new bosses, and of being a new boss herself. Whitney...

roof_281x211.jpgHeidi

On the surface, Heidi has everything she ever wanted: a prestigious job promoting parties in Hollywood, a boyfriend she adores in Spencer, a great apartment in the Hollywood Hills, and an engagement ring around the corner. With all of that, she's...

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest what the HUH

i cant wait for this to come out! ive always liked LC more than kristen so i hope i like this better than Laguna Beach season 2

Guest jmidou

I never really liked LC but I really wanna see this for some reason

I hope this is gonna be better than Laguna Beach Season 3

Guest Iridescence

I actually really liked LC. She was one of my favorite people in the cast. I can't wait for this to show. It looks pretty good. Geesh! Laguna Beach was like a guilty pleasure. LOL. I still can't understand why I liked it so much...

can't wait!

i saw the commercials on how kristen&lc are friends now

and just a day / two ago, they were showing re-runs from lb 1&2 and dang, kristen was a richard simmons! so i can't believe theyre friends now :)

i heard (on tv) that *inserts name* is lc's bestfriend.. lol, i wonder what happened to LO !

Guest anti

Hahah. LB was like some guilty pleasure. Like you dont want to admit that you watch it, but you do anyway.

Im really excited, jason is so hot so im excited to see more of him. LC is cuter the kristin too i thought.

One thing that i didnt get was if Kristin was so freaking rich, why didnt she drive a nice car (well untill her dad bought her that BMW) HURM. not sure. She had like another house in the mountains. .... i dunno. I just assumed that LC was always richer then her...

Guest fayenatic

heeheee im actually quite excited about the hills too...even though LB, 8th and Ocean, and The Hills are such crap shows. Total guilty pleasure! Maybe Stephen<3 and Jason<33 will make guest appearances. :) Go Team LC!!!

Guest mrs. pakman

omg...i'm soooooo excited for the hills.

i love lc and kristin both.

and plus...i love all these reality shows.

Guest Jamieâ„¢

sooo is stephen gonna be in this too?? <3<3 haha

I don't really like LC (actually I didn't like any of the girls on LB).. but I might watch a few episodes of this show..

Guest chigurl

Premiere was kind of boring, but Heidi = the epitome of dumb blonde.

i have to agree dat Heidi is a typical dumb blond and a party gurl...

cant believe she showed up at da party even after lauren told her she couldnt do anything to mess up up her job

watching da preview for da season i see dat lc and jason are gonna be back together..

i hope she dumps him again... he is such a player

im stil hoping for stephen to realize dat da gurl for him is lc :lol:

i mean he even said so dat lc was da type of gurl you wanna marry..he he

Guest mrs. pakman

i agree with most people...

the premiere was not all that exciting, but i still have high hopes for it.

i know jason's a total player...but he's so hot!

let's hope lc doesn't get super busted cuz of the party.

Archived