Docomo F-01a (11/08)-by Fujitsu

Guest crystalpuiyee

Guest crystalpuiyee

Hello all:

As some of you asked before, finally i am doing a little review on the DoCoMo F-01A! :lol: First of all, what made me into keitai?? i remember when i first saw the

Japanese dramas, the phones they use are so so so big! LOL!! at that time, i didn't know much about keitai, but i was a big fan of SE. As i watched more and more

Japanese dramas, i started to like the phones they use: so flat and simple, the Japanese high school girls' phones are even more attractive!! they have very cute

decoration!!! :D I started to look for a keitai like 3 months ago, what caught my attention is the DoCoMo F-01A!!! (i liked the Sharp 01A, too, but i personally like the

F-01A's design) I know nothing about cell phones, so i tried to look for it on ebay, but ebay doesn't have that many choices, and they're very expensive, too.... Finally i

found a Canada site : www.unlocklink.com ~~ (very nice guys, and 1 year warranty !! =D ) so, here's the phone:

DSC02605.jpg

Yea! RED!! LOL!! The F-01A is the world's first fingerprint enabled waterproof cell phone ( LOL, waterproof is just kinda an extract function for me,

since i don't live inside the water.. haha ) The length of the cell phone is 11 CM!!! First when i saw the picture, it didn't appear to be this long, but when it comes to me, it's LONG!!

** so far i still don't know how to transfer files from my computer to cell phone, but i can transfer pics tho.. how weird.. perhaps i need a different USB cable? will try that

later ~

DSC02608.jpg

This is the inside!! No.2 reason i like the phone is because it has a 3.5 inches screen!! (great for watch movie and viewing pictures) The little sheep with the suit can walks

around in the screen, so cute! )

DSC02575.jpg

This is the same as most of the Japanese phones, where you can 180 degree rotate it!!

DSC02576.jpg

When you rotate it, it becomes touch screen!! (All the functions are the same if you use it under the water, but not touch screen though...)

DSC02617.jpg

When you open the back cover, it's actually DOUBLE layers! the outer layer is the normal plastic layer, the inner layer is a metallic layer, so water

can't get into the battery. Even though they have videos on youtube for water proof testing, but i am not dare enough to dump it into the water yet~ LOL~)

DSC02616-1.jpg

This is for charing and USB caple~ double layers~

DSC02618.jpg

The keypad just like the traditional japanese phones keypad: flat and simple. the F-01A has up to 8 keypad colors, or you can make it change to different colors every time

when you press the key~

DSC02619.jpg

DSC02615.jpg

The left side is the camera, 5.2 MP!!!! the right side is the fingerprint sensor, you can use the fingerprint as pass code, so no need to type passwords LOL~ (since i don't

have any secret files, so i don't use it~ lOL~)

DSC02610.jpg

some of you asked me if it has internal camera or not, i don't know, the phone supposed to be 3G, so i guess it does? but if you would like to take pic of yourself, just

rotate the screen like this~~ btw, the external memory is up to 8G, you can take many pictures as you want~ =D

~~ Here are some pictures that i took with the phone, quality is pretty good, the camera has auto focus and auto reduce shake...

F1000014.jpg

My toys~>3

F1000005.jpg

F1000013.jpg

That's it~ enjoy~

oh btw, i am using the Inex hypersim for this phone... first when i used my older sim card, it drops kinda often, but now i got a new T-Mobile sim, its signal pretty stable..

yay T-Mobile!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hiatus

niceeeeee to see another fellow ketai user i just ordered the sh-01a lol cant wait to play with it. though i like the color or your phone too bad they didnt have a red sh-01a that i like

Guest Daikirai

Can you change the phone's language into English?

I've always wanted one.. but could never find a decent, unlocked one that wasn't too expensive. Just realized that I don't know if I can change it to English xD

Guest soulremix.

*_________* That is one beautiful phone. I checked out the website, and that phone is so expensive >_<

Guest crystalpuiyee

Can you change the phone's language into English?

I've always wanted one.. but could never find a decent, unlocked one that wasn't too expensive. Just realized that I don't know if I can change it to English xD

yea, it can display Japanese and English~

Guest o1honey

IT'S SO PRETTY!

i don't know if it would work well in Canada though =\ When ever i ask phone stores for japanese phones they're like "noooo don't get it! the signal and stuff is horrible!"

.. then i got sad =[.. this phone is so PRETTY!

Guest crystalpuiyee

IT'S SO PRETTY!

i don't know if it would work well in Canada though =\ When ever i ask phone stores for japanese phones they're like "noooo don't get it! the signal and stuff is horrible!"

LOL! i guess Canada network is better??? (it's from Canada =D ) i heard Pacific Mall has a store that sells a lot of Japanese phones :sweatingbullets:

Guest kimigasuki

^

i just got this phone for my bdayyy<3

i love it . XD

and... I'm in Canada... and the signal is pretty good . ^o^

ALOT of stores cell japanese phones in pmall . it's everywhere , look for it xD

Guest Hiatus

IT'S SO PRETTY!

they dont make much of money outta japanese phones! that's my theory that guy pissed me off so bad that a month after i asked him about japanese phone i returned to the store and some other client asked and i just told them you shouldnt buy that phone it bleep compared to japanese phone you dont have this this and this and this blah and its a lot less expensive than those so called N95 which they were selling at 750+ when you can get a keitai for 450

Guest crystalpuiyee

does anyone have a website where you can buy this phone?

sometimes they have it on ebay, but i got it from unlocklink.com =D

sometimes they have it on ebay, but i got it from unlocklink.com =D

Thank you! ^_^ I wonder if I could order the phone from there and use it in the states with my simcard.

Guest WitchGoddess

for the phone, when you make it into a touch screen can you keep it like that for the rest of the day?

Guest crystalpuiyee

Thank you! ^_^ I wonder if I could order the phone from there and use it in the states with my simcard.

yea, some of them are already "unlocked", so you can just use your sim card alone, but some phones where you have to use the hypersim+your sim (hypersim comes with the phone you ordered =D )

for the phone, when you make it into a touch screen can you keep it like that for the rest of the day?

yea, you can~ but i don't use touch screen that often LOL~ :sweatingbullets:

Guest jadedbeauty

OMG! =o thats beautiful!!!! I want it now. >.> soo expensive though. Even if i sell all my dbsk stuff i'll still be short in money. LOL ;X you're so luckyyy.

Guest msmilkt

does this phone come in pink? i didn`t think it came in pink ..

but there was an ebayer selling this phone for $440AU which is REALLY CHEAP!! however, she was selling a pink handset, and i didn`t really want it in pink, i tried searching it up today again to ask him/him only to find that it`s ALREADY SOLD TT__TT

i`d LOVE to have your phone zomg .. red is defiantly the nicest color for it hahas~~

just a question about its bluetooth, how does it function? as in, would i be able to send/transfer files? eg. sending pictures to friends? Or is it only limited to bluetooth headsets or w.e. like the crippled bluetooth functions of the 905/906 Docomo series

Could you perhaps tell us some cons about this phone?

Also, can you play mp3? Does it have english?

I've got a Softbank 920c myself, and well, the songs you put in has to be a certain format (meaning it doesn't support most of the more common audio files like mp3, wma, etc)

And when I send messages, sometimes people don't get them, and they can't see the common symbols like ?!"#&/() but see them as squares.

Does it happen on this phone?

Guest crystalpuiyee

does this phone come in pink? i didn`t think it came in pink ..

but there was an ebayer selling this phone for $440AU which is REALLY CHEAP!! however, she was selling a pink handset, and i didn`t really want it in pink, i tried searching it up today again to ask him/him only to find that it`s ALREADY SOLD TT__TT

i`d LOVE to have your phone zomg .. red is defiantly the nicest color for it hahas~~

just a question about its bluetooth, how does it function? as in, would i be able to send/transfer files? eg. sending pictures to friends? Or is it only limited to bluetooth headsets or w.e. like the crippled bluetooth functions of the 905/906 Docomo series

LOL! that's CHEAP!!!

in the japanese phones, you can only use the bluetooth for hand free.. not for file transfer...that sucks... but you can use infra. light tho~

Could you perhaps tell us some cons about this phone?

Also, can you play mp3? Does it have english?

I've got a Softbank 920c myself, and well, the songs you put in has to be a certain format (meaning it doesn't support most of the more common audio files like mp3, wma, etc)

And when I send messages, sometimes people don't get them, and they can't see the common symbols like ?!"#&/() but see them as squares.

Does it happen on this phone?

lOl.. for me, which i got into it is because of its design and the camera LOL~ but as i stated before, one thing i don't like about it is no bluetooth for files transer... T.T so you have to use a USB cable... also, since you need to use hypersim for japanese phones, so the signal wouldn't be good as the local phones.. but since i just changed my sim card, so the signal is perfect for me now..

due to copyright issue, japan doesn't use MP3 for cell phones, but WMA format is okay~

for the text message thing, it doesn't happen to me, SMS is just the same as local phones.. but those "moving icons" doesn't work, but it won't show "boxes"

Archived