Blackberry Thread

Guest loverlyxcth

Guest tirahbunny

so i recently upgraded my blackberry from a 8320 to a 9700 and i wondering if anyone could tell me how to transfer my memos and saved text messages to my device.

pleasee :)

youre going to need the Blackberry Desktop Manager installed on your computer, then you connect your bb via USB.

then the Manager will detect your device connected, and you can do a back up or sync of your info from the old phone, then save it.

then you can connect your new phone and transfer that info you saved to the new phone.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

youre going to need the Blackberry Desktop Manager installed on your computer, then you connect your bb via USB.

then the Manager will detect your device connected, and you can do a back up or sync of your info from the old phone, then save it.

then you can connect your new phone and transfer that info you saved to the new phone.

i did that but then the desktop manager couldnt recognize the new phone.

thank you btw.

Guest tirahbunny

i did that but then the desktop manager couldnt recognize the new phone.

thank you btw.

do you have the newest version of the desktop manager?

do you have the newest version of the desktop manager?

the guy at tmobile said to upload my files on the desktop manager that came with the 8320. but i do have the disk that contains the newest one.

should i try to upload my files from my old blackberry using the newest version?

Guest tirahbunny

the guy at tmobile said to upload my files on the desktop manager that came with the 8320. but i do have the disk that contains the newest one.

should i try to upload my files from my old blackberry using the newest version?

he may be right and i think ive found the problem, because the 8320 is alot older it needs to use the old desktop manager, but the 9700 needs to use the newer one...

so if you can connect your 8320 to the desktop manager that it came with then do so, and do a backup and then try to find the saved backup file.

then connect the 9700 to the newest version of desktop manager, and load the saved backup file from the 8320.

it sounds really confusing and i wish there was a better way to explain. however im not sure if it would work since both phones run different software versions. i hope it works though!

he may be right and i think ive found the problem, because the 8320 is alot older it needs to use the old desktop manager, but the 9700 needs to use the newer one...

so if you can connect your 8320 to the desktop manager that it came with then do so, and do a backup and then try to find the saved backup file.

then connect the 9700 to the newest version of desktop manager, and load the saved backup file from the 8320.

it sounds really confusing and i wish there was a better way to explain. however im not sure if it would work since both phones run different software versions. i hope it works though!

sounds really simple

when i back up my files, they save to a .ipd file which i can't even open at all -_-

do you think if i try to open them with the newest desktop manager i can still get them on there?

thank you for all the help btw

Guest SUKIloo

I'm fairly new to my Blackberry, and I was wondering when setting a non-default home screen image, how do I get rid of the two borders on the sides? Instead, I want the image to take up the whole screen like a preset BB image would. I have the 9000 Bold by the way. Thanks!

Guest tirahbunny

I'm fairly new to my Blackberry, and I was wondering when setting a non-default home screen image, how do I get rid of the two borders on the sides? Instead, I want the image to take up the whole screen like a preset BB image would. I have the 9000 Bold by the way. Thanks!

when youre in the pictures gallery, go to the picture you want to set as your homescreen image, and then click menu button, and then hit "zoom in", keep zooming in or zoom out according to how you want it, and then hit menu again and click Set.

Guest yoojeong

Which Blackberry model do you own? ----> Bold 9000 (pass down from dad as he upgraded to the 9700)

Did you personalize/alter it? ----> Nope

What OS do you have? 5.0

What's your provider? ----> Optus

What theme do you have? ----> 9000 bk

Where'd you download/get this theme? ----> Crackberry I think.

Ringtone? ----> Taeyeon - Can you hear me

Text tone? ----> The default ones

Anything else? ----> In the beginning I really didnt know why people would use BB's but I gave it a try since my dad gave me his 9000 a while ago. After playing around with it and going on a BIS plan, it makes total sense. This phone is a MUST and the qwerty keyboard is <3333333333. I love the fact that I can view and type in Korean as well. PM me for pin if u want :sweatingbullets:

Guest Shortyyy126

Hey guys, I just got a Blackberry bold 9700 and was wondering how I can install a Korean text input. I already installed the East Asia language package and have no problems viewing Korean, however, I'm also looking to type in Korean. I'm a Mac user by the way; I'm not sure if that'll hinder the installation. If anyone here can help me out, that'd be great. And I apologize if this is a repeat request.

Thank you :)

Guest ggeojyo

Hey guys, I just got a Blackberry bold 9700 and was wondering how I can install a Korean text input. I already installed the East Asia language package and have no problems viewing Korean, however, I'm also looking to type in Korean. I'm a Mac user by the way; I'm not sure if that'll hinder the installation. If anyone here can help me out, that'd be great. And I apologize if this is a repeat request.

Thank you :)

pm me your email

i'll send you the zip file

Guest ggeojyo

Hey guys, I've been wanting to go back to a blackberry for a while now (I lost my first one and now I'm using WinMo); I'm finally eligible for an upgrade so I'm looking at the 8530 Curve & the 9650 Bold (I'm on Sprint). Suggestions? I like the design of the Bold better but the Curve is cheaper and essentially has the same features (just with a lower megapixel camera with no flash). Thoughts?

so i have the bb 8520, which is essentially the same as 8530 (i don't see any noticeable physical differences) and honestly i would recommend that you get the bold. i don't know if it's just my phone but the keys are insanely hard to type with. pay that extra money to get the bold. you won't regret it...and also the lack of flash is really irritating.

Guest AUDIO__0NE

pm me your email

i'll send you the zip file

you can just update desktop manager and click input east asian languages.. it pops up...

Guest bbfacee

I'm about to get a blackberry curve 8520 for Fido. (Buying without contract)

Since my dad is hesitant on getting me a data plan since it quite expensive, I was wondering does Fido let you "choose" what you want? I mean realistically, I would only use Facebook + BBM + Tumblr for the most part. And I wouldn't be on it all day, just a couple hours maybe less. What would be the cheapest data plan you can get from Fido? My normal plan is already $25 so can you just add to it? Thanks youu :)

Guest ggeojyo

look to see if they have any student plans?

i actually called into fido and spoke to their customer service agents and complained about how expensive everything is considering that i'm a student

so essentially they gave me a plan composed of 200 day time minutes, 50mb data plan, 2500 text messages, voice mail, caller ID, unlimited after 6 or 7pm i forget which it is for $47 after tax, this plan is obviously not something that they would offer in stores or on the phone unless you complain

oh i forgot to add, i used my fido dollars to get the blackberry :) and since you can't use your fido dollars for anything other than buying a new phone, might as well

and for me, i think if you want to have a data plan, might as well get the whole deal - internet browsing, bbm, facebook etc.

=D hope this helped you out a bit

i find the keys on my 8520 are kind of hard to type with, but maybe it's just because i bbm and text a lot

i'd say if you're willing to pay full price for a blackberry, go with the 9700

I'm about to get a blackberry curve 8520 for Fido. (Buying without contract)

Since my dad is hesitant on getting me a data plan since it quite expensive, I was wondering does Fido let you "choose" what you want? I mean realistically, I would only use Facebook + BBM + Tumblr for the most part. And I wouldn't be on it all day, just a couple hours maybe less. What would be the cheapest data plan you can get from Fido? My normal plan is already $25 so can you just add to it? Thanks youu :)

Is fido another phone service like tmobile? Sounds like suuch a good deal for students!!

But idunno. I dont really like typing on blackberry kinda small buttons and data plan was pricey for Me. I think cuz I got itouch I didn't Luke the Internet on bb as much.

If anyone needs to buy a bb I have up for sale. !!

Guest bbfacee

look to see if they have any student plans?

i actually called into fido and spoke to their customer service agents and complained about how expensive everything is considering that i'm a student

so essentially they gave me a plan composed of 200 day time minutes, 50mb data plan, 2500 text messages, voice mail, caller ID, unlimited after 6 or 7pm i forget which it is for $47 after tax, this plan is obviously not something that they would offer in stores or on the phone unless you complain

oh i forgot to add, i used my fido dollars to get the blackberry :) and since you can't use your fido dollars for anything other than buying a new phone, might as well

and for me, i think if you want to have a data plan, might as well get the whole deal - internet browsing, bbm, facebook etc.

=D hope this helped you out a bit

i find the keys on my 8520 are kind of hard to type with, but maybe it's just because i bbm and text a lot

i'd say if you're willing to pay full price for a blackberry, go with the 9700

Ohh. THANKS! I actually wanna try and call in and complain about it being expensive because of that whole retention plan. But I'm scared they won't give me a better plan? Lol. But thanks :) You bbm & text and still find it hard to text on bb? D: This is my first bb and the first time I'm buying a phone with a full keyboard type of thing so I wonder how I'd like it.. :|

Is fido another phone service like tmobile? Sounds like suuch a good deal for students!!

But idunno. I dont really like typing on blackberry kinda small buttons and data plan was pricey for Me. I think cuz I got itouch I didn't Luke the Internet on bb as much.

If anyone needs to buy a bb I have up for sale. !!

^ Yes. It's just a Canadian phone company. and I agreee! It has really good deals. So did you not get a data plan? Because I'm not getting one.. Cause my parent's don't want to pay for it. How did you like it even though you didn't have a data plan?

Guest BEBED0LLIE

I need alittle reassurance/advice. I'm about to buy a blackberry from Ebay. But my parents kept saying how there's a possibility that there might be fake blackberries? Well, I'm not doubting it.. but it looks pretty legit.. I'll post the link down below. Do you think this would be a "fake" bb?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300448297786&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1247wt_1137

Guest imclarence

Looks ok to me.. Theres not much fake blackberries or at least I havent seen one rolleyes.gif

Since the seller claims that it is brand new I think it should be alright and wont have any problems about the pin being locked to the service provider. Besides, its unlocked so you can use it.

Too bad its an auction :( Or else at that price its really a good buy.

Archived