Blackberry Thread

Guest loverlyxcth

Guest IgnyteME

I'm planning on getting the Blackberry Storm 2 for Verizon Wireless, but I just don't want to pay $30 for the data plan. I mean, the Storm 2 has wi-fi capabilities so why pay $30 for the data plan? I'm eligible for an upgrade so if I upgrade my phone to the Storm 2 and get the data plan, can I cancel the data plan so I can still use the Storm 2 as my phone? Is there an early termination fee for cancelling the data? I just want a cool phone where I can send pic/text messages, call, and play some games on.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest High Kick

I'm planning on getting the Blackberry Storm 2 for Verizon Wireless, but I just don't want to pay $30 for the data plan. I mean, the Storm 2 has wi-fi capabilities so why pay $30 for the data plan? I'm eligible for an upgrade so if I upgrade my phone to the Storm 2 and get the data plan, can I cancel the data plan so I can still use the Storm 2 as my phone? Is there an early termination fee for cancelling the data? I just want a cool phone where I can send pic/text messages, call, and play some games on.

i believe to be eligible for the upgrade price, you need to agree to sign up for a data plan for X-amount of days. i'd read the T&C carefully. after the X-amount of days are over, you're free to cancel and use your phone's data through wifi (which is ideal for students living on campus).

i am absolutely loving my bold 9700! jeez. i play with it even though i'm not doing anything on it.

and i agree with aicsos -- i too know now why they call it crack. ha.

xstarBURST, i think you have to pay for it to get to light up all your notifications. they had a 50% off sale on it that ended yesterday on crackberry.com; it was only $2-something.

here's my current wallpaper and theme:

BB9700.jpg

same thing goes for im usually a Keitai (japanese phone) fan and the BB omg im falling ni love with it lol its sooo addicting i can text 200 per night its crazy TT_TT" it makes me feel like im making use of my unlimited text msg plan and it makes me feel SO proud.

i just got my 9700 on monday..

and im completely hooked.

i must say this is my THIRD blackberry device LOOL

my past two were the red and white 8100 pearl D:

ahahahaha i needed an upgrade to a full QWERTY pad :D

im in looove with my phone !

--edit--

Which Blackberry model do you own? Blackberry Bold 9700 aka ONYX

Did you personalize/alter it? Haha oh hell yeeeaaah !

If so (to the above question), how? asianized it. ;D

What OS do you have? What's your provider? the newest one 5.0, and im currently with ROGERS

What theme do you have? the simple Zen one

Where'd you download/get this theme? it caaam with my phone

Ringtone? Wedding Dress - Youngbae

Text tone? unnie, messege-issoyoooo~

Anything else? i loove this phone to the point i have killed the batteries 2 times from monday up until now.

and i LOOOVE the trackpad <3

question though !

any korean/japanese language pack to download for typiing and reading for the 9700? =__=

Did this ever happen to you before, I just bought the Onyx (9700 or Bold II) and when my friends are sending me SMS they have to try about 5 to 7 times before they can send it to me. When I try it myself I get something like network congestion.

Any ideas??

Guest IgnyteME

i believe to be eligible for the upgrade price, you need to agree to sign up for a data plan for X-amount of days. i'd read the T&C carefully. after the X-amount of days are over, you're free to cancel and use your phone's data through wifi (which is ideal for students living on campus).

Thanks!

I have another question. So Verizon is having a buy a Motorola droid, get a phone free. If I were to get the Blackberry Storm 2 as the free phone, would i have to pay an additional $30 for the Blackberry data even though i pay for data for the Droid or does the data plan carry over? I know you have to pay $30 for each phone if both phones are in use or activated, but what if I switch between the two?

Guest DJ_JANIE

Question...I'm living in germany for at LEAST another 6 months or more. I'm not too sure yet, however I am planning on getting a Blackberry Bold 9700 UNLOCKED in order to keep in touch with my friends who are in the united states. Is there any way I can get a data plan for a prepaid phone?

Guest Rinaiyoko

Question...I'm living in germany for at LEAST another 6 months or more. I'm not too sure yet, however I am planning on getting a Blackberry Bold 9700 UNLOCKED in order to keep in touch with my friends who are in the united states. Is there any way I can get a data plan for a prepaid phone?

I live in germany and I don't think you can use a Blackberry with a prepaid card...

o2 offers a phoneplan that is always just for 1 month so you can cancel it whenever you want but for the BB you have to buy this 2 year BB plan for 5€ each month...

Thanks!

I have another question. So Verizon is having a buy a Motorola droid, get a phone free. If I were to get the Blackberry Storm 2 as the free phone, would i have to pay an additional $30 for the Blackberry data even though i pay for data for the Droid or does the data plan carry over? I know you have to pay $30 for each phone if both phones are in use or activated, but what if I switch between the two?

The data for the Droid and BB are different things. Blackberry internet (BIS) goes through RIM's internal servers. So if you were to switch between the two phones you would have to switch the type of data packs every time.

i am absolutely loving my bold 9700! jeez. i play with it even though i'm not doing anything on it.

and i agree with aicsos -- i too know now why they call it crack. ha.

xstarBURST, i think you have to pay for it to get to light up all your notifications. they had a 50% off sale on it that ended yesterday on crackberry.com; it was only $2-something.

here's my current wallpaper and theme:

%7Boption%7DBB9700.jpg

FUUU nooo!

oh well, im trying to save up for a new blackberry - now that my provider has a Sim card.

any ways I currently have the blackberry curve 8330, had it for almost a year....it's so damn slow..I was thinking of upgrading to the Curve 8520 or Tour 9630 because of the prices..

so which one would be better?

Guest High Kick

FUUU nooo!

oh well, im trying to save up for a new blackberry - now that my provider has a Sim card.

any ways I currently have the blackberry curve 8330, had it for almost a year....it's so damn slow..I was thinking of upgrading to the Curve 8520 or Tour 9630 because of the prices..

so which one would be better?

what provider do you use?

i would definitely go for the tour but if you can, wait for the tour 2 (codenamed essex) with the trackpad instead of the trackball.

blackberry_essex.png

video preview here from one of my favorite blackberry previewers.

i'm just biased because i'm not a fan of the curve keyboard, i like the bold/tour keyboard. plus, i like the red keys, too.

apparently, it's supposed to be released some time between dec. 20 - jan. 15.

Guest JAMIECHOI

Shall we share pins? ^_^

Getting my blackberry next week!

I was thinking the same thing! What do you BBMers think about sharing pins for fun? It would kind of be like the text-pal thing some other soompiers have going on, but you don't have to share your actual phone number. I think it could be fun!

Also, does anyone know how I can update my OS so that I can view Korean text on my Bold?

Guest imclarence

I was thinking the same thing! What do you BBMers think about sharing pins for fun? It would kind of be like the text-pal thing some other soompiers have going on, but you don't have to share your actual phone number. I think it could be fun!

Also, does anyone know how I can update my OS so that I can view Korean text on my Bold?

lol i found out that..

Please no sharing pins for bbm. Use the PM function of the forum to exchange pins.

Guest krnangel2012

Hi, I have a few questions.. (:

I currently have the LG Ice-cream, and I'm with T-mobile. I'm able to get a free upgrade with T-mobile, but I'm in sort of a dilemma, I can't decide what kind I want. I've looked into the Samsung Corby, LG Cookie, myTouch 3G, and so forth.

I guess my question is, I really also like the new(?) Blackberry Bold. But the thing is, it's $199 at T-mobile and $99 at AT&T. Does anyone know the reason for this? And is it worth paying the extra $100 for it? I also heard you can type/text Korean on it.. true? ALSO do Blackberries have to have a plan? Like how you pay extra for the iPhone? I'm on a family plan with unlimited texting and everything I need, but do I need to make a separate plan for the Blackberry? Sorry if these questions seem dumb, haha. I'm going to the actual store to check the phones out on Friday, but was just wondering.. Thanks in advance!

what provider do you use?

i would definitely go for the tour but if you can, wait for the tour 2 (codenamed essex) with the trackpad instead of the trackball.

%7Boption%7Dblackberry_essex.png

video preview here from one of my favorite blackberry previewers.

i'm just biased because i'm not a fan of the curve keyboard, i like the bold/tour keyboard. plus, i like the red keys, too.

apparently, it's supposed to be released some time between dec. 20 - jan. 15.

Im with bell, I'm not renewing my contract or anything. I just want a new blackberry because the curve is way too slow for me.

Guest Marissa

Im with bell, I'm not renewing my contract or anything. I just want a new blackberry because the curve is way too slow for me.

how's the reception with plan? planning to go with them

Guest JJ no Baka

Hi, I have a few questions.. (:

I currently have the LG Ice-cream, and I'm with T-mobile. I'm able to get a free upgrade with T-mobile, but I'm in sort of a dilemma, I can't decide what kind I want. I've looked into the Samsung Corby, LG Cookie, myTouch 3G, and so forth.

I guess my question is, I really also like the new(?) Blackberry Bold. But the thing is, it's $199 at T-mobile and $99 at AT&T. Does anyone know the reason for this? And is it worth paying the extra $100 for it? I also heard you can type/text Korean on it.. true? ALSO do Blackberries have to have a plan? Like how you pay extra for the iPhone? I'm on a family plan with unlimited texting and everything I need, but do I need to make a separate plan for the Blackberry? Sorry if these questions seem dumb, haha. I'm going to the actual store to check the phones out on Friday, but was just wondering.. Thanks in advance!

Tmobile and ATT are two different networks, so their pricing can be different. It depends if you are willing to pay up $100 for it. And when you get the Blackberry, you MUST have a data plan. For ATT, it's $30. For Tmobile, I think it's $25? But you can later on cancel the data plan after a few months if you like. You just have to get the data plan when you get the Blackberry. Korean and Japanese is not on the Blackberry. You will have to upgrade your Blackberry OS to the Asian OS (to use the typing option of Korean/Japanese/Chinese language) if they offer it. If you are on the family plan with unlimited family texting, then it will apply to your Blackberry, but your family plan will be $25-$30 more for the data plan of your Blackberry. And only your Blackberry will have the data plan and not the whole family. Hope this answer your questions.

Guest J'adore

YAY I'm one of you guys now!

I got a new phone because my contract was going to end and I was contemplating between the N97 or iPhone. Conveniently this baby came out just yesterday in Australia so obviously I got it even though the plan is a bit more expensive because it's a Blackberry plan but whatever I get unlimited internet and e-mail lol and I always wanted a Blackberry!

Which Blackberry model do you own? Blackberry Bold 9700

Did you personalize/alter it? I want to but I don't know how :(

If so (to the above question), how? Someone teach me!!!

What OS do you have? What's your provider? I don't know. The default one?

What theme do you have? The default one

Where'd you download/get this theme? Default with the phone

Ringtone? The default one

Text tone? The default one

Anything else? LOL as you can see I am very noob. This is my first Blackberry/smartphone ever. So I would appreciate the help.

How do I access GPS?!

Is crackberry where I can download stuff. It's not jailbreaking right?

How come I can't put people's birth dates in the calender like other phones can?

I'll ask more questions when I think of some.

Archived