so it's pretty fun.

i'm starting to really get into pvping,

especially alterac valley.

thats b.c you guys win AV all the time due to the horde honor afkers

Guest Shrimp Crackers FTW! ^.-

Mr. Boo boo - Lols, we're in the same battle group, see you in arenas/bgs

Guest Drunkken

thats b.c you guys win AV all the time due to the horde honor afkers

im alliance and we have buncha honor afkers too.

i think that AV is just edged towards alliance.

Guest Ms. X

70 undead priest main, and 70 troll hunter for farming purposes.

For the Horde? Lol.

I've played since release, with a few breaks in between.

I only started because of my boyfriend... Who quit several months back, like 2 weeks into TBC.

Mandatory overtime kicked in at his work, and also because of rogue class imbalance, he refuses to ever come back lol.

70 undead priest main, and 70 troll hunter for farming purposes.

For the Horde? Lol.

I've played since release, with a few breaks in between.

I only started because of my boyfriend... Who quit several months back, like 2 weeks into TBC.

Mandatory overtime kicked in at his work, and also because of rogue class imbalance, he refuses to ever come back lol.

By rogue class imbalance, does he mean the need for rogues in instances? Because bc pretty much made the rogues class extremely useless unless we specced imp sap. No one wanted us, but the patches pretty much fixed all of that and rogues are fine now.

Guest Ms. X

By rogue class imbalance, does he mean the need for rogues in instances? Because bc pretty much made the rogues class extremely useless unless we specced imp sap. No one wanted us, but the patches pretty much fixed all of that and rogues are fine now.

My boyfriend is very technical with this kind of stuff.

He's one of those guys that will have things down to charts and number analysis.

Frankly, I don't know the details of that. (He tells me but since I'm no expert in his class, I don't fully understand all of it.)

More or less, TBC end game focuses mainly on raiding and arena PvP.

He loves the subtlety tree, and it no longer excels for either.

Stunlocking is useless on bosses, and arena does better with burst damage due to healers.

If you want I can ask him to give a more thorough explanation.

He's played around a lot with builds, and calculations. He basically knows exactly how to maximize his class for both PvE and PvP.

He's more PvP orientated though, at least back when BG was big with ranks. (He hit Warlord.)

No its alright, I was just wondering what imbalance he was talking about. Rogues seem to be fine now. Subetely tree is now all about caster slaughtering so I can see where he's coming from about it being pretty... weak? For both pvp and pve, but look on the bright side, shadow step is sooooooooooo FUN!

Guest Ms. X

No its alright, I was just wondering what imbalance he was talking about. Rogues seem to be fine now. Subetely tree is now all about caster slaughtering so I can see where he's coming from about it being pretty... weak? For both pvp and pve, but look on the bright side, shadow step is sooooooooooo FUN!

As "fun" as it could be, I can't believe they set it as the 41 point talent.

Like, seriously?

Even circle of healing is a better 41 point talent... And that should say a lot.

And I don't think the subtlety tree is necessarily "weak," because I know my boyfriend tops damage meters during raids with a hemo build, but it is the amount of work that is required for him to achieve that. He thinks range DPS can easily dish out the same amount of damage, while he needs to worry about positioning and such.

Anyways, like all games, there will always be flaws.

Rogues are of course still playable, but not like what they use to be pre-TBC (according to my boyfriend).

He has better stuff to do these days, and with the imbalance in mind, it just doesn't give him the motivation to play, lol.

I think priests need some fixes too, but I don't care as much.

I'll still play despite the fact that our mana efficiency for heals suck compared to other healers. :tongue2:

Yeah, the fact that its a 41 pt talent makes it a huge sacrifice to spec subtely, which is part of the reason I consider the subtely tree useless nowadays. Sure pre-bc hemo rogues still had a standing, but now, its pretty useless.

Range dps can easily dish out the same amount of dmg, that's true, but you can also argue that casters need to worry about positioning as well, LoS. Besides, rogues have always been that way, just that at least now we have deadly throw. There's no imbalance in that imo. If its positioning that bothers him he can always spec combat swords or something.

Imo, rogues are by far the least broken class. But I do agree with you regarding priest, they need a serious buff.

there are way too many rogues to begin with and i agree rogues are the least broken class...from what i have been told by my guildies

ms. x what server you play on?

Mr. Boo boo - Lols, we're in the same battle group, see you in arenas/bgs

lol gl finding me...i barely pvp anymoreits not like how it is in the old days....ahhh...TM/SS battles

there are way too many rogues to begin with and i agree rogues are the least broken class...from what i have been told by my guildies

lol gl finding me...i barely pvp anymoreits not like how it is in the old days....ahhh...TM/SS battles

WALLLLLLLZZZ OFFF HORDE DANCINGGGGG !!!

Hahaha kame, you're so random.

But yah mr boo boo, there aren't too many rogues >< you can never have enough rogues! Rogues will rule the world(of warcraft)

Gah, I'm posting so much! Its the result of being bored at work =( someone entertain me?

Hahaha kame, you're so random.

But yah mr boo boo, there aren't too many rogues >< you can never have enough rogues! Rogues will rule the world(of warcraft)

Gah, I'm posting so much! Its the result of being bored at work =( someone entertain me?

they already do rule the world (of warcraft) :ph34r: so many of them...

Guest Ms. X

Originally I was from a high population server, but moved with my entire guild to Ravencrest before expansion hit (being afraid of long queues).

However, this server has really low population being a transfer server... -_-

And yeah, rogues aren't too bad as a class over all, but they certainly don't compare to what they were pre-xpac.

Although this class isn't my forte, so I can't speak as strongly.

I do know my boyfriend got excited when Blizzard buffed sword spec a few patches ago... But only to nerf it on the following patch, lol.

And yeah, I always hear people complaining about rogues PvP wise.

"Omg, I was stunlocked the whole time! Nerf rogues!"

But with the new PvP trinkets, I think rogues would have a tougher time doing that.

And when you're arena'ing, you're never alone, so even if you are stunlocked, your partner should be doing something.

Other than that, I've never heard anything outside of PvP.

I have however consistently watched groups pick mages over rogues for their DPS class spot.

Some people have the impression that rogues aren't good DPS?

I think it is just one of those classes you need to know the mechanics of to play it well.

A mediocre rogue player won't ever out damage a mediocre mage in PvE.

I guess what made my boyfriend quit was that most classes simply gained better utilities after the expansion.

I decided to take a break as well then, (and I really felt that as a Holy priest, I should be more upset than him).

But since I came back, I did notice that Blizzard had managed to nerf a few classes since the inital patch.

I tried to convince him to play again saying to see it relative to the other classes and take it as Blizzard's way of buffing rogues, lol.

---

Wow, you guys are on servers with too many rogues?

I'm from a server with too many hunters... Most of them being really newbie and bad.

It's such a great class, and they are so overpowered in my opinion... How some hunters are able to kill their class, I've yet to figure out.

Eh, rogues are stronger in BC imo.

Well, the most recent QQing I've heard were from locks.

"ZOMG! Nerf CloS!" It's amazing how they complain about how CloS just because they need to get accustomed to new ways of dealing with rogues. Skillcoil is no longer an I win button and they're QQing.

The new trinket is amazing, and granted, it does make it slightly tougher but I have a lot of friends who have over 10 k HP and amazing resilience, so it really makes little difference whether they have the trinket or not; either way its tough to output 10k burst damage, especially if you're in PvP gear it nerfs your damage as well. (I'm assuming PvP gear = stam + resil gear, and no I don't mean PvP gear revolves around that)

Rogues are quite a pain in arenas, and I'm saying this based on both my experience as a rogue, and going against other rogues.

Yeah, at the beginning of BC, that's how it was like. My spots were constantly taken by mages because they were able to obtain gear much faster (all they had to do was be a tailor), and they were better CC...plus they had pretty much the same damage output or better, if their gear was up to par. But people are over that, now rogues are equally as useful as mages. I've seen a lot of rogues not know how to DPS correctly though. Its pretty interesting to watch. Hm, I don't know about a mediocre rogue not being able to outdamage a mediocre mage in PvE. I've seen some pretty nicely geared mages do crappy damage because they just suck that badly. I never knew people could play their class so badly until I'd seen those mages. Its seriously a nightmare, but meh, we're talking about mediocre here so, being a shitty player with awesome gear, does that balance out to "mediocre"? Hahahah

Well, rogues gained CloS ^____________^ That's nothing to complain about at all. Deadly Throw is awesome as well! <3 I love being a rogue.

And I saw when Blizzard just kept beating the Holy Priests with the nerf stick ='[ My BF is a priest and after they kept nerfing the priests he just played his mage as his main instead='[ pretty sad. It got so bad he no longer wanted to do anything on his priest.

The last few patches, there has been 0 nerfs for the rogue class, if anything, it's all been buffs so far ^.- I'm loving it!

Guest Ms. X

^

Lol, I would just consider those bad mages (I've come across those too).

I've played my friend's mage and to me it is very easy play even with little knowledge.

Just speaking from experience, if you picked a random mage and a random rogue, there's a higher chance the mage will be better DPS.

For a mage, you do alright just as long as you're casting something all the time, lol.

As for nerfs, didn't you have your sword spec proc set to white damage? If you consider the mechanics of if (ie: glancing blows), it is a pretty big nerf.

But like I said, the patch before had the proc not reset swings which is a HUGE buff... So in the end, it isn't so bad lol.

Oh, and yeah, I think deadly throw is a great skill. Although I'm a caster, and should probably hate it, lol.

And I can't believe you hear warlocks complaining about PvP out of all classes. The irony... Haha.

---

Oh and tell your boyfriend not to be discouraged with his priest. I don't feel my healing being hindered in any way whatsoever.

Exactly what does he find so bad?

Priests win as healers for their flexibility. We can solo heal for every situation, while other healers can't.

The only thing I'd complain about is our utility (pally buffs are superior to ours!), while we have to spec decently far into the discipline tree to even get divine spirit.

We really didn't receive anything awesome (except for prayer of mending) as healers from the expansion, which truly sucks...

I think we're all still waiting for something to replace lightwell and circle of healing, lol.

well there is always either too many rogues or too many hunters...or both

and yes my main is a hunter but i know how to play my class pretty well...most people are impress by it

and you wanna talk about nerfs...when the game first came out they kept on nerfing warriors badly...and now look at my poor orc shoulders..*cries*

Archived