[Drama 2009] My Fair Lady / Lady Castle 아가씨를 부탁해

_shin_

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sweetie

i agree with you jknyc on the part that this episode reminiscing a lot of other popular dramas.

i hope they will have more individuality in the coming episodes rather than using up other's successful credits.

i didnt 'wow' at all watching the intro of hyena and the car chase scene bcoz dude it was not that long time ago i saw the same thing. the scenes were still fresh in my mind. furthermore, its not a good thing if it provoke comparison. they are safe if they could do it better but for now, unfortunately, they didnt. i had bad feelings already about hyena's grandpa. i hope he didnt resemble BL's grandma. btw, regardless of it i think i might stay till the end. YSH win me over with his potrayal of dongchan. and i craze for a romantic comedy now. looking forward to tonite's episode. hope everything will only get better.

congratz for the high rating!

tho i think it should be credited to all the casts & the whole team of MFL instead of YEH alone. everyone has their fair share of contribution into it.

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

I'm not Korean so I can't comment on her pronunciations, but her lisp is pretty distracting, especially the parts where she's screaming. As for her acting, I think it's fine. Not a stellar performance, but it's only the first episode. One thing I've noticed about YEH's acting is that it improves (immensely) as the drama progresses.

Guest yukumushio

Been reading a lot of people draggin on her acting. I wasn't hyped up for this drama at all beforehand. I knew it was in production because of YEH, and I knew I was going to watch it whenever it came out. So I didn't find her acting bad... I'm not a good judge of acting skills but nothing made me cringe or even think "ugh, she needs to work on that". But then again, I was pretty ecstatic at being able to see her on screen again hahaha

Anyway, that was a fun episode, excited for next one! LMAO when he smacked her bum Man. Lucky guy.

Guest Fresh02

Summary up at dramabeans.com

My Fair Lady: Episode 1

credit javabeans

Thanks michibangs for the link, it helps to understand what's some of the specifics of what's going on.

And javabean's review was spot on - I agree on all points, good and bad. I didn't think YEH's acting was that great but I'm sure as the character develops emotionally and matures, YEH will bring that out much better. I thought the car scene at the end was her best scene of the episode.

17% for the first episode! Wow, hopefully it'll only go up from there. Superstar YEH!

knollei, myghell - search "iBreatheKDramas" on youtube and the subbed vids should be there ^^

kaz !! yuku !! fresh !! haha good to see some fan boys here :D

lilsh0rtnancy, i agree with you there - her enunciation and lisp gets rather distracting at times, but like u mentioned, I wasn't too disturbed by her overall acting, but I too believe she will improve in all aspects especially in terms of syncing with her character. Same as with all 3 of her previous dramas, I'm sure after the 2nd or 3rd episode we'll be seeing a more polished and well suited portrayal of Hye-Na by YEH :D

Aside from that, I must say i really enjoyed watching MCW as Eui-Joo!

such a breath of fresh air from her previous roles!! i read somewhere that Eui-Joo somehow ends up working for the KangSan Group, so im anticipating the upcoming scenes between her and Hye-Na ^^

Tonight's gonna be pretty dang packed, with MFL and HT showing one after the other :D

Guest tuesdhei

WAHOO for the RATINGS!!!

From Last Night's Bet or Guesses @ CHATANGO:

smr05 - 13.5

little one - 15.3

tuesdhei - 17.5 ;)B):D

catcher - 19.1

yodya - 16.7

yeh - 12

uncleyoon - 9

GOOD JOB MFL! KEEP IT UP!!! FIGHTING!

yehgif.gif

siggy yodya

Guest tuesdhei

Hi again to all!

i know some are a bit feeling disappointed, so i just wanna share what i posted earlier back @ javabean's site #62 (dramabeans.com)...

i knew it! i knew you'd do the recap…. THANKS JAVABEANS! it's been a while…

well, everyone is really different… some may have high expectations and some just the norms… well, i'm one of the norms coz i don't want to be dissapointed — so for me, the first episode was okay — obviously we can all see with the ratings too — 17.4 wasn't bad it was great! like, come on guys if you look back at what CP did on their first night, they were what? only at 15. 17? oh this is good and of course normally on first episodes — it will all be merely introduction of characters — so don't expect it to be superb right away — they are just starting and so far even with the storyline itself, my opinion? it is nice, watchable and with a couple of twist & surprises… so just relax and enjoy YEH's new drama.

THANKS again JAVABEANS for the RECAP!!!

Later with the Episode 2… c",)

...hold on to your horses guys coz the ride just began and we're not even exactly there yet --- so let's just relax... wait and see before we start complaining about YEH's acting right and i do hope nobody gets offended

*rolls eyes*

at least we have something to look forward to every wednesday and thursday now again...

see you all at chatango again ;)

Thanks to all sharing all the goodies... something to add into my YEH collection and some new faces with her too...

YAY! so excited!

*rolls on the floor*

Archived