Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest littlechocolate

wow!! they look so hot!!!! every one looks so hot.

lim looks just right and simple in a good way. her hair is nicely done and her dress is very nice.

sohee!!! looks so pure and innocent!! so does sunye!

yoobin looks so hot in red. she's definitely working the outfit.

i love yeeun dress. her hair is nice.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stephy18

Can watch the Bazaar Charity Show Live Here:

http://video.sina.com.cn/ent/s/m/2010-04-25/012669311.shtml

make sure to use internet explorer :D

I think its starting now???

Okay they are performing tell me right now.

Now they are performing nobody.

Ok they just finished.

EDIT:

Wow the girls look so pretty on the red carpet. And omg Yoobin lost A LOT of weight. She's back to her So Hot days.

The performance today vocally was a little shaky. You definitely can tell the girls are super super tired and need some sleep. And the sound system and camera angles didnt help either. But overall I can tell they tried their best and I'm still proud of them for getting to perform at such a huge charity event. I saw lots of big A list stars in the crowd so being invited to perform should be such an honor

Guest i.said.goodbye

^

^ Mia you beat me :P

Yubin looks so gorgeous! Simply stunning! <33 Everything about her look is just perfect!

Sunye and Sohee look like little princesses!

Hae Lim and Yeeun look so pretty!!!!

Wonder Girls you are really beautiful inside and out!

I've fallen for these girls all over again!

Guest Mia_Mia

sunye is dressed the simplest but she somehow draws your attention.... but then im bias...keke

3871601200x10000.jpg

3871611200x10000.jpg

3871621200x10000.jpg

credit qq and ricecakey

^ ahah I was the last to post, I'm way too slow XD

They're singing at Bazaar's charity in Shanghai Beijing now.

First Tell me, now Nobody (Chinese version).

... ended right now.

Mmmmm the tv director did not do his homework. A bit too casual in selecting cameras, like he did not know the choreos. Also audio of the public was limited and it's been difficult to hear the parterre reactions.

--

I guess the importance of the event is all that matters, anyway. :)

--

Two caps, sorry for the quality.

a385c2e443e2e16bac6e0aabf7ef4e03_large.png

208b9871f2f63d9af6f0c81ca25f4af9_large.png

Guest tiffanydawn

Sunye, Yubin and Sohee with Wilbur ...he invited them to eat dumplings ^^ ... Yeeun and Lim are on a diet so therefore couldnt attend.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4024/454888...6f38366c0_o.jpg

credit ricecakey for translations

omg Wilber Pan ♥♥♥

got this excerpt from wonderfulsworld:

Wonder Girls, after ending the fan-meeting, went to “Din Tai Fung” to eat soup dumpling (Xiao Long Pau) while YeEun and Hyerim , who are currently in a diet, returned to their hotel to eat their diet meals.

Wilber Pan’s manager, who knows Wonder Girls, brought him along to the celebration dinner. Pan Weibo wanted to bring them to the night market, but because of the rain, they decided not to.

too bad they weren't able to go to the night market :/

OMG! They are all GORGEOUS! i love their outfits! but, definitely they looked tired. Stay healthy girls! Thanks for all pics! ^_^

edit....

okay, just saw their performance. i think the cameramen so unprofessional. in Tell Me performance all i see was Yubin.. XDD Yubin is hot though.. ^_^ The cameramen didnt shot the person who is singing.... For our girls performances i think it was great. i'm glad they were attending this event. i spotted Halle Berry there! i thing so many stars came to this event, and more exposure for our girls.

Guest WGkeon

^^

They shouldnt have went to Din tai fung to eat xiao long bao, their food sucks!!

Its not even good at all. They should have went to street stalls to eat, those are the best around..

Feel bad for ye eun for not being able to eat the best...

Guest *bluebutterfly*

I love SOhee's white dress on the red carpet. She looks so shy, it's cute. xD

And Yoobin looks awesome. So Hot. xD

She's gotten so skinny now. I just hope she's healthy.

Thanks for sharing the pictures :)

Wonder Girls' Tell Me perf from 2010 Bazaar Charity Night in Shanghai

The recording is not great, but I was able to hear Lim better compared to their visit to Singapore. She sounded good. =)

Guest WGkeon

Okay, what were the event management thinking, when they invite the wondergirls and do such a lousy job... the camera angle sucks, the sound system sucks.. i barely hear their real voice...

love yoobin's cloth at the airport !! haha interesting ... look like in game online ...ahah

red carper from china all girls look good , sunye's legs so skinny ... (too skinny)

and yoobin 's arms too ... hope she healthy anyway she's hot in red dress

Guest qoxie

This controversy should blow away soon.

Don't let it overwhelm; the Taiwan press can be rather homogeneous in their reporting: everyone covers the same topic or talking point en masse, & then move on to something else the next day.

The one I'm more suspicious of is Apple Daily, which interjects the tabloid sensationalism usually associated with its Hong Kong parent.

They wrote a piece about the H Mart subject which I skipped translating cuz it wasn't contextual enough, even as it overstated the basic premise by claiming that WG is "humiliated" to associate with rice merchants.

10447qa.png

http://iservice.libertytimes.com.tw/liveNe...%BD%B1%E5%8A%87

Dee Hsu asks WONDERGIRLS about "first night", Korean fans charge sexual harassment

4/24 22:14

Korean girl-group WONDERGIRLS's 4-day, 3-night trip ended today (April 24). To promote their album, they had made visits to many stops. One of them was on Dee Hsu's show. She was in her usual brazen mode, asking WONDERGIRLS when was their "first night"? The 5 group members were startled; Korean fans also criticized the question as too rude & constituted sexual harassment.

While in Taiwan, WONDERGIRLS participated in many variety shows & recorded many programs. One of them was Dee Hsu's show. True to form, she brazenly asked the young Korean girls about their "first night". The 5 dumbfounded group members let it slide with bemused smiles.

One WONDERGIRLS member said she was surprised since no one had previously asked about this, but felt it was novel & did not mind too much in retrospect.

WONDERGIRLS was generous & hospitable but their Korean fans are indignant, believing their idols were bullied in Taiwan. One fan even charged that the question was rude enough to constitute sexual harassment.

- - - - - - - - -

2ns55c5.png

http://www.libertytimes.com.tw/2010/new/ap...today-show7.htm

WONDERGIRLS "first night" flak spreads, Korean fans outraged, accuse Dee Hsu of sexual harassment

2010-4-25 Reporter Lin Xiao-juan, Chen Pei-ling / Taipei news

Popular Korean girl-group WONDERGIRLS left Taiwan yesterday with a trunkful of fan gifts & 20 boxes of pineapple cookies. But the Dee Hsu "first night" flak has continued to spread. The Korean media found out & criticized her for being too rash. Some fans accuse her words to be close to sexual harassment. There were over 30 related news reports.

Asking the two 18-year-old members a sexual question was too outlandish

WONDERGIRLS participated in the filming for Dee Hsu's & Kevin Tsai's 'Mr Con & Ms Csi' show. After the video footage reached Korea, the local media there noted Sohee & Lim are only 18 years old this year, & so it was too outlandish to ask them about their "first time".

Many Korean fans are curious about Dee Hsu's background. For a while, "Hsü Hsi-ti 徐熙娣" (her Chinese name) was ranking #2 in popular keyword search. The media introduced her mostly as the younger sister of Taiwan 'Meteor Garden''s lead actress & Kang Won Rae's ex-girlfriend. [-qoxie- i.e. Barbie Hsu.]

Dee Hsu: It was merely for comic effect

After concluding the fan gathering on Friday, WONDERGIRLS went to 'Din Tai Fung' to feast on steamed dumplings. But Yeeun & Lim were counting calories & both returned to the hotel for diet meals [instead].

Wilber Pan's manager is well-acquainted with WONDERGIRLS, & had brought him along to the celebratory banquet. Wilber originally wanted to take them on the subway to roam the night markets, but the subject was dropped due to a rainstorm. The girls flew to Shanghai yesterday, but divulged once more their wish to return to Taiwan.

Dee Hsu said through her manager JOAN yesterday that it was purely part of the show's plot setup &, as a female herself, she would not let a female artiste answer such queries. Every time she grilled brazenly, co-host Kevin Tsai would always prevent her, & that it was all for comic effect. 'Mr Con & Ms Csi' will not allow artistes to respond to uncomfortable questions.

- - - - - - - - - -

5z1krd.png

http://www.nownews.com/2010/04/25/11490-2595834.htm

Dee Hsu's "first night" query, Korean media: unreasonable sexual harassment

2010/04/25 00:02

Entertainment / roundup

Korean group WONDERGIRLS of 'Nobody' fame came to Taiwan on April 21 for promotions. Participating in popular show 'Mr Con & Ms Csi', they were brazenly asked by TV host Dee Hsu about their "first nights". But WONDERGIRLS averaged only 19 in age, including a duo who are only 17 years old. The act caused Dee Hsu to be scolded by the Korean media as blatant sexual harassment & unreasonable.

Korean girl-group WONDERGIRLS were in town for the first time for promotions, leading to many male & female fans chasing after them. In particular, the ubiquitously catchy 'Nobody' was zealously broadcast during the past few days. On April 22, they participated in the popular 'Mr Con & Ms Csi' & was brazenly asked by Dee Hsu a sexual query. After the translator explained, the group members were visibly surprised & then blushing.

But WONDRGIRLS averaged only 19 in age. Both Yeeun [sic] & Lim are just 17 years old. When the video footage was shown on the news & then reaching all the way to Korea, it created a uproar. Google News alone listed 67 related news articles reporting on the matter. Many Korean fans also accuse Dee Hsu of shooting her mouth off. To have asked an underaged girl this kind of question was the same as blatant sexual harassment.

WONDERGIRLLS was quite generous at the press conference later, joking about "We had debuted since very young, & did not expect to have grown up in a flash & be asked about 'first night'!" They also said Dee Hsu's questioning was "quite amusing." But their Korean fans were quite indignant & making verbal attacks: "rude", "it's crazy to ask such an intimate question" "what was the thinking behind this query to a minor?"

The Korean media even deem Taiwan variety shows to be flawed & to thoroughly require "proper review"! Actually, Japanese & Korean TV hosts are famous for their caustic tongues too. The seniors on their shows commonly humiliate the newcomers. Japan even has TV programs using lechery to entice male artistes. But evidently no conduct like queries about 'first nights' on their shows yet.

[Omitted last 2 paragraphs, which profiled WG's history & achievements.]

- - - - - - - - - -

1ggimv.png

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/100425/4/24hwu.html

Wilber Pan treats WONDERGIRLS to feast on steamed dumplings

China Times update: 2010/4/25 02:01 Li Yu-xun / Taipei news

WONDERGIRLS finished their promotions & left Taiwan for Shanghai on April 24. Beguiled by pineapple cookies, they took with them 20 boxes' worth. The night before departure, Wilber Pan had hosted them at 'Din Tai Fung' to feast on steamed dumplings. He also had travel cards & invited them to take the subway & roam the night markets. But the trip was canceled due to a rainstorm. They agreed to explore Taipei together the next time.

Wilber Pan's manager is well-acquainted with WONDERGIRLS & had invited them to eat steamed dumplings. Excluding Lim & Yeeun who were dieting & thus missed out, the other 3 girls pigged out with gusto. Sunye even laughed in Chinese: "I've eaten my fill!" Before leaving, she even ordered several boxes of red bean buns as takeaway.

Also, the "first night" info on 'Mr Con & Ms Csi' has reached Korea. Some netizens reacted: "The group has underaged members, how could the TV host ask this kind of question." But their JYP company said overseas shows often result in unexpected situations, so netizens should not get too agitated.

Guest vietboi_tuan

The girls look amazing on the carpet. I really like what all the girls are

wearing. SunYe have been wearing clothes that make her look really young.

Because I remember her dresses used to be the most sophisticated and

sexy. Now it's so much cuter. She look like the maknea.

YooBin look so SKIINY! But "So Hot." SoHee look like a doll! YeEun is

gorgeous like always. Lim look nice.

Guest Bubbly_Millionheiress

Oh my god! the girls are looking amazing in the Bazaar Charity Night red carpet! I mean seriously AMAZING! How did they get THIS pretty? :o LOL!

Sun Ye.. aw.. what a cute dress she has on. Looks like Sun Ye is really in the “yellow” mode these days & I think she looks absolutely beautiful in a sweet understated way. less is definitely more in Leader Min’s case.

Yu Bin.. what a hot mama! The red dress fits her perfectly & I think everything from her hair to her makeup accentuated her look to the T. Binnie is such a knockout!

So Hee.. my mandoo is all grown up now. she looks like an angel in her white dress. I think So Hee & Sun Ye got the simplest dresses but they still shone so much. So Hee’s natural shyness just adds to her charm! What a cutie!

Ye Eun .. only Ye Eun can pull off such a dress with that much elegance, class & beauty. She looks so beautiful & her hairstyle really fits her. Park Yosa is Park Yosa indeed! So much elegance & beauty!

Lim.. Limabean was looking extra cute in that black dress. I’m loving her new hair & her eyes are so beautiful! however I felt that Lim should have chosen a dress with less layers though, that black dress with all those layers make her look more bulky than the other members especially Sun Ye who is so petite.

Hmm.. does anyone else find it worrying that both Sun Ye & Yu Bin have been losing way too much weight lately? :( Out of all the members these 2 girls are the ones whose weight loss is most obvious. I hope that YuMin won’t lose any more weight. They both are already so petite & skinny as it is.

About the whole Wonder Girls being asked about their first time fiasco.. I was never mad at Dee Hsu/Xiao S because it was part of her personality on Kang Xi Lai Le. She’s always been blunt & borderline brazen with her questions. I’m glad that Dee cleared up this matter though. :) hopefully K-Wonderfuls can let this matter go.

Guest Marilori

Yeeun's minimal make up face at the airport is amazing. People were right about her having the best skin, she radiates elegance.

Loved her and Sohee's outfit for the gala, they looked so sophisticated and chic. The other girls look really pretty too. Yoobin and Sunye are a little too on the skinny side for my liking recently, but as long as they are healthy I guess it's okay. I really hope that Yeeun and Lim don't take their dieting too far though, they look amazing with those curves.

Guest qoxie

2nkrind.png

http://news.163.com/10/0426/00/655FSS6A00014AEE.html

BAZAAR Charity Night raised more than 18.82 million yuan (US$2.75m) (Omitted latter part: not WG relevant)

2010-04-26 00:05:00 Source: Netease Entertainment

Netease Entertainment April 25 report. On April 25 evening, the 8th Annual BAZAAR Charity Night was held in China. It ultimately raised US$2.75 million, & all the donations collected will be made to the China Social Assistance Foundation for the reconstruction of Yushu in Tibet, as well as environmental protection & public welfare programs for the drought-stricken & impoverished areas of the Southwest. It was a star-studded evening, luring 400 guests likes of Oscar winner Halle Berry, Donnie Yen, Li Bingbing, Fan Bingbing, Huang Xiaoming, Mr & Mrs Li Yi, Ethan Ruan, WONDERGIRLS & others. Finally, highest bidder Dai Zhikang spent US$1.46m for Zeng Fanzhi's work out art. Huang Yi & South Beauty Group chairperson Zhang Lan were joint-female highest bidders.

WONDERGIRLS livened up the opening, Lu Chen's repeat magic act lacked new ideas

Popular Korean group WONDERGIRLS performed 'Tell Me' & 'Nobody Chinese Version' to open BAZAAR Charity Night. Their rousing performance quickly heightened the live atmosphere. Lu Chen also got to showcase his capabilities with 4 magic tricks for the evening. But 2 of them were previously done at the '3 Tenors' concert. Both method & script were also exactly the same, lacking new ideas. Alex Su's "Dreaming of Third Sister Liu" & Jian Yiyan's "Rain Waltz" performances also added color to the occasion.

(Omitted last 2 paragraphs, which detailed how the auction bidding went down.)

- - - - - - - - - - -

2q1aoae.png

http://news.zj.vnet.cn/08hlxk/system/2010/...016549322.shtml

WONDERGIRLS arrives in Shanghai sans makeup, 'Queen of Food' Yeeun is happy on seeing the delicacies

April 25, 2010 16:09:06 Source: Zhejiang Oline

Netease Entertainment April 25 report. At 3.41pm on April 24, Korean girl-group WONDERGIRLS arrived at Shanghai Pudong International Airport. They were invited to attend the BAZAAR fashion charity night banquet on April 25. Reportedly, they will perform their breakout song 'Nobody'. Group leader Yeeun [sic] was attired in a blue checkered blouse & denim shorts, looking as cute as the girl next door. The other group members were wearing dark glasses, amply stylish. But all of them were not wearing makeup in public. Characteristically, WONDERGIRLS was extremely friendly with everybody, frequently stopping to shake hands & greet the fans. Yeeun, reputed as the 'Queen of Food', even received many food gifts from the fans, including a large box of exquisite cream puffs & yogurt. Seeing this, Yeeun was grinning from ear to ear, & did not feel burdened to pick up 5 bags of food. Subsequently, WONDERGIRLS got into a black Audi A6 car & it sped away. Some fans got into a BMW X5 car & it gave chase.

- - - - - - - - - - -

dpwoc5.jpg

28bcky8.jpg

auihsi.jpg

aey1pk.jpg

Cr: Netease

I found this pic quite hilarious.

Obviously Sohee was not sick (see the other red-carpet pics) but this made her look like she was.

The 'tipsy' eyes, white dress -- exactly like the Jeon Ji-hyun character in MY SASSY GIRL! :P

6h3lar.jpg

Cr: Sina

- - - - - - - - - - -

China actor Huang Xiaoming (the hottest actor if you watch Mainland TV dramas) tweeted the following messages at the BAZAAR gala, using Sina.com's clone (called simply 'Sina Micro-blog' 新浪微博).

Both statements are factually wrong but, all the same, it was nice namedropping on his part.

2i0push.png

Source: http://t.sina.com.cn/huangxiaoming

Archived